April 25, 2024, 05:04:42 PM

Author Topic: Trinis everywhere :)  (Read 1117 times)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Trinis everywhere :)
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »
SO last week something rather funny happened. I had to go out in the field to check some things for one of our clients and I had to drive to a Walmart that is about an hour's drive away from my house. Kinda country area, mixture of white and black. I bought some things and went to the first cashier. Nice black lady, big earrings, big smile.

Conversation went something like this

Cashier    " Good afternoon ma'am, welcome to your local walmart, did you find everything you were looking for today"
Me   "Not quite, you guys were out of the one thing I wanted, but I found alot of other stuff anyway"
Cashier    " Well if you tell me what you were looking for, I'll try to....."

she noticed the trini flag lapel pin I wear on all my jackets...   

"Aye gyal wha part o trini you from?"

Me " I from south.  parents from Arima"
Cashier  " wha part of Arima? My moms live Barataria by where the ol shoe factory was, but she from Arima."
Me " Matarita Village and Pinto Road"
Cashier  " WHo is your family in Maturia? Gyal I know you grandfather, I have to call my moms and tell her I meet his granddaughter...."

Lady behind us.... "What are you guys saying? I can't understand it?"
Cashier " Sorry tanty we from Trinidad"

She left her register ( a big no-no by the way) to go get her manager so that he could meet another Trini. The manager knows me already from meetings and couldnt stop laughing when he heard us talk to each other, how the accents came out.

Must find a trini everywhere :)
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis everywhere :)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:06:32 AM »
Verycute1,
                 You from Maturita? Yuh know Sati and Flavia Boodhoo?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:53:51 AM »
Lol... nice story.  She really tell de woman "sorry, Tanty"?   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Reminds me of when I went Universal Studios nearly three years ago and one ah de workers hear my g/f talking and come up tuh make conversation b/c he from Trinidad too.  Of course he hook we up with some freebies, lol   

Or when we went Disney on the same trip for that matter, and take de Ferry to de Magic Kingdom and the ferry driver (boatman) was this Trini name "Harold" lol

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:45:57 PM »
Verycute1,
                 You from Maturita? Yuh know Sati and Flavia Boodhoo?

Deeks ... lol I send you a pm and yes I know them real well............

Bakes, I laugh so hard at that one... miss lady slip up and call the woman "tanty". Luckily for her, the lady didnt get it :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:48:16 PM by verycute1 »
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

1]; } ?>