April 26, 2024, 04:02:05 PM

Author Topic: Birth Certificate question  (Read 954 times)

Offline jimbo

• I iz a Piper!
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Birth Certificate question
« on: November 11, 2009, 07:08:43 AM »
Hello...

When my son was born his  Middle name was registered as Jamie but when I went to collect his Birth Certificate it shows Jaime.  Now they dont want to change it to Jamie....

My question is can I go to court or to the Red House to get this done....
I dont want to have to always resort to an affidavit...

Anyway any advice appreciated...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 07:57:13 AM by jimbo »
I an I iz u and u..seen

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Certificate question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 07:26:07 AM »
Hello...

When was son was born his  Middle name was registered as Jamie but when I went to collect his Birth Certificate it shows Jaime.  Now they dont want to chang it to Jamie....

My question is can I go to court or to the Red House to get this done....
I dont want to have to always resort to an affidavit...

Anyway any advice appreciated...

Check d Min of Legal Affairs website and c if dey have any Q and A
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »
Yeah it will have to stay Jaime.... you will need to swear an affidavit the name was spelt wrong, and that the two names refer to the same person... and that they are one and the same.

When I was born my fadder name was Steve... and the stupid lady seeing Chris big and bold on the birth certificate register meh name as Steve Christ*** L******. Ah was about to write CE and they saying ah cayr write it because the names doh match. My fadder had to swear the affidavit that the name was spelt wrong.

So recently when I became a citizen of US... the TnT gov't tell me that needed to renew my citizenship... so I had to get the electronic birth certificate and even though I insisted that the name should be Chris Steven and that it was their mistake... they did not budge... Dad had to swear another affidavit to go with the new electronic birth certificate....!

Hope that helps... (yuh paying for their incompetencies) not fair but is they way some civil servants does do it.

Offline jimbo

• I iz a Piper!
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 07:54:56 AM »
Daft Trini..thanks so much for your feedback..Ah have a wife cussing me left right and centre......Anyway, I find it hard to believe that I goe have to resort to ah affidavit alone....

Weary thanks for d Q &A advice..ah goin and read that now....

Any legal experts out dey or working at d Birth Certificate section dat could give meh ah bligh....
I an I iz u and u..seen

1]; } ?>