March 29, 2024, 06:33:19 AM

Author Topic: Fort Hood Shooting - TEXAS  (Read 14346 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Fort Hood Shooting - TEXAS
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »
CNN.com

(CNN) -- Eleven people plus a gunman were killed and 31 were wounded after the gunman opened fire at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday, a Fort Hood spokesman said. The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, said the spokesman, Lt. Gen. Bob Cone.

Cone said more than one shooter may have been involved.

President Obama called the shootings "tragic" and "a horrific outburst of violence." He expressed his condolences for the shooting victims.  "These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk, and at times give, their lives to protect the rest of us on a daily basis," Obama said. "It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas. It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil."
Officials at Fort Hood, which is the Army's largest U.S. post, were asking people there to stay away from windows, CNN affiliate KXXV said. The incident took place at the sports dome, now known as the soldier readiness area, the station reported.

A congressional aide said he was on the post to attend a graduation service when he saw a soldier with blood on his uniform near the building where the service was being held, the Austin American-Statesman reported.
Greg Schannep, an aide to U.S. Rep. John Carter, said the soldier ran past him and said a man was shooting. He said the soldier appeared to be injured in a shoulder, the American-Statesman reported.
FBI agents are headed to the scene to assist, said Erik Vasys, spokesman for the FBI office in San Antonio. He had no other details.
On the Fort Hood Web site, the word "closed" is posted with the statement, "Effective immediately, Fort Hood is closed. Organizations/units are instructed to execute a 100 percent accountability of all personnel."
Fort Hood, with about 40,000 troops, is home to the Army's 1st Cavalry Division and elements of the 4th Infantry Division, as well as the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment and the 13th Corps Support Command. It is located near Killeen, Texas.
At least 25,000 people are at Fort Hood on any given day, an Army spokesman at the Pentagon said.
Fort Hood is home to the Warrior Combat Stress Reset Program, which is designed to help soldiers overcome combat stress issues.

In June, Fort Hood's commander, Lt. Gen. Rick Lynch, told CNN that he was trying to ease the kind of stresses soldiers face. He has pushed for soldiers working a day schedule to return home for dinner by 6 p.m., and required his personal authorization for anyone working weekends. At the time, two soldiers stationed there had committed suicide in 2009 -- a rate well below those of other posts.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:42:57 PM by TriniCana »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Hood Shooting - TEXAS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
like they had them fellas in cage awuh,how they bad soh.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 04:37:52 PM »
Well Texas is d wild wild west so d showin it. D want d right 2 bear arms so bear this is d effect.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »
Well Texas is d wild wild west so d showin it. D want d right 2 bear arms so bear this is d effect.

This comment is just stupid.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:44:14 PM »
CNN.com

The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, Army Lt. Gen. Bob Cone said.
The slain gunman was Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, according to a law enforcement source. The source believes he is 39 or 40 years old.
Ten of the other dead also were soldiers, while the remaining one was a civilian police officer who was working as a contractor on the base, Cone said.
Two of the injured were in "very serious" condition, Fort Hood spokesman Christopher Hogue said.

The slain gunman was Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan <----------- allyuh watch this name then tell me what I'm thinking  :-X

Look how 'throw blame" will cause havoc in the US again....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:47:41 PM by TriniCana »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 05:01:20 PM »

This comment is just stupid.

We all not as bright as u wit yuh night school degrees in law/journalism and whatever else.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 05:04:09 PM »
CNN.com

The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, Army Lt. Gen. Bob Cone said.
The slain gunman was Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, according to a law enforcement source. The source believes he is 39 or 40 years old.
Ten of the other dead also were soldiers, while the remaining one was a civilian police officer who was working as a contractor on the base, Cone said.
Two of the injured were in "very serious" condition, Fort Hood spokesman Christopher Hogue said.

The slain gunman was Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan <----------- allyuh watch this name then tell me what I'm thinking  :-X

Look how 'throw blame" will cause havoc in the US again....

D Muslim go get blame in this instance.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
We all not as bright as u wit yuh night school degrees in law/journalism and whatever else.

Doh say "we all" speak for yourself... you not too bright period.  You don't need a degree to realize that the rights of private citizens to bear arms has no bearing on an shooting committed by an Army Major and which takes place on a military base.  I won't even bother addressing the tenuous connections between the shooting and Texas' reputation of being the "wild wild west".

--------------------------------

TriniCana I think you might be onto something by focusing on his name/ethnicity.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »

Doh say "we all" speak for yourself... you not too bright period.  You don't need a degree to realize that the rights of private citizens to bear arms has no bearing on an shooting committed by an Army Major and which takes place on a military base.  I won't even bother addressing the tenuous connections between the shooting and Texas' reputation of being the "wild wild west".

--------------------------------

TriniCana I think you might be onto something by focusing on his name/ethnicity.

D culture of wild wild west is dat whether d shootin happen on an army base is insignificant. So it may have been easier 2 get d gun in dis instance. D fact is dat compare to other developed countries especially their colleagues in Europe where dey eh have d right to bare arms d number of these instances are far less. I am sure you would have read about it in your extensive readings.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 05:53:20 PM »
Well Bakes it has already started. Check out the comments below from CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.fort.hood.shootings/index.html

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »
very very strange as per the following quote
 "A defense official speaking on condition of anonymity told the Associated Press that Hasan was a mental health professional — an Army psychologist or psychiatrist."
but then again maybe he is only a regular soldier.
Warfare ent easy atall atall

very sad situation for sure
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:14:23 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »
very very strange as per the following quote
 "A defense official speaking on condition of anonymity told the Associated Press that Hasan was a mental health professional — an Army psychologist or psychiatrist."
but then again maybe he is only a regular soldier.
Warfare ent easy atall atall

Psychatrist d link trini post say psychiatrist

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »
This story getting more interesting by the hour

CNN.com

"The slain gunman was identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, a law enforcement source told CNN. Licensed in Virginia, Hasan was a psychiatrist who previously worked at Walter Reed Army Medical Center but more recently was practicing at Darnall Army Medical Center at Fort Hood, according to professional records.
Hasan was scheduled to be deployed to Iraq, "and appeared to be upset about that," Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said."

Ya know at the beginning before all of this unfolded, I read he was a Psychiatrist, and my first reaction was  "ay ay like he trip?" But it's like, he was vex?  For the military personnel on the forum, a question. Is it normal for a doctor to have a weapon on his person while on base?

Anyway they have since released the 2 suspects and apparently arrested another soldier.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »

D culture of wild wild west is dat whether d shootin happen on an army base is insignificant. So it may have been easier 2 get d gun in dis instance. D fact is dat compare to other developed countries especially their colleagues in Europe where dey eh have d right to bare arms d number of these instances are far less. I am sure you would have read about it in your extensive readings.

Fool... you're not allowed to have 'civilian' guns on a military base.  The Major got these guns not because of no 2nd Amendment, but rather because of the fact that he was a military officer... these are MILITARY GUNS procured right there on the military base, from the military stockpiles.  AGAIN, the 2nd Amendment rights of private citizens to bear arms isn't implicated in an instance where a soldier 'borrows' military guns to shoot up a military base. The 2nd Amendment right, "the culture" of gun ownership only applies to private citizens having the right to buy their own guns.

2nd Amendment or no 2nd Amendment, soldiers have access to guns on the base... especially ranking officers.  Even then, he easily could have checked out the weapons to say they were for training.  This was not a private citizen... even in places where there is no "culture" of gun ownership this same problem could happen.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
That answered my question, I think!
Okay yes he was a major which qualified him to carry/own a weapon, but his profession as a Psychiatrist, dealing with patients with mental disorders in an military base - would that have still qualified him to have a weapon on his person?  Find that a tad risky!

Anyway I just looking for answers just like john public....only speculating :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »

Fool... you're not allowed to have 'civilian' guns on a military base.  The Major got these guns not because of no 2nd Amendment, but rather because of the fact that he was a military officer... these are MILITARY GUNS procured right there on the military base, from the military stockpiles.  AGAIN, the 2nd Amendment rights of private citizens to bear arms isn't implicated in an instance where a soldier 'borrows' military guns to shoot up a military base. The 2nd Amendment right, "the culture" of gun ownership only applies to private citizens having the right to buy their own guns.

2nd Amendment or no 2nd Amendment, soldiers have access to guns on the base... especially ranking officers.  Even then, he easily could have checked out the weapons to say they were for training.  This was not a private citizen... even in places where there is no "culture" of gun ownership this same problem could happen.

Oh bright 1 it could happen but it doh happen. In d US IS D NORM. Is not even a story 4 Nancy Grace d novelty of carryin a mass shootin gone. She eh talkin bout it  D next time d shootin happen and it eh on an army base what go b d reason. A big psychology expert like u can explain 2 a dumbo like me y it oh hapen in Canada for eg  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »
Okay yes he was a major which qualified him to carry/own a weapon, but his profession as a Psychiatrist, dealing with patients with mental disorders in an military base - would that have still qualified him to have a weapon on his person?  Find that a tad risky!

Sad but even d psychiatrist can trip

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »

I haven't read more into the story yet but I imagine that he would not be carrying arms while treating patients in his office.  Even so, most of these officers who carry arms on the base, they only carry sidearms.  I really don't think these shootings (given how many are dead/injured) was carried out using a sidearm/handgun.  Again, having not read much beyond the initial reports, my guess is that these shootings were carried out with automatic/assault weapons.

My earlier point was that you can't bring weapons onto a military base, but granted you have the right type of access privileges, you could get into an arsenal to access automatic weapons.  He probably wouldn't even need an excuse or reason just on account of his security clearance as a Major... so separate from the gun issued to him, he likely had access to more powerful weapons on base.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »

Oh bright 1 it could happen but it doh happen. In d US IS D NORM. Is not even a story 4 Nancy Grace d novelty of carryin a mass shootin gone. She eh talkin bout it  D next time d shootin happen and it eh on an army base what go b d reason. A big psychology expert like u can explain 2 a dumbo like me y it oh hapen in Canada for eg  

You think it never had a shooting on a military base in Canada?  You think it never happen in England or other parts of Europe?  The fact of the matter is that private laws don't apply to military bases... this is the point that you either can't understand or simply fail to acknowledge.  No culture of gun ownership or right to bear arms argument is relevant here because even in a place like DC where it is next to impossible for the average citizen to own a gun, that doesn't prevent military personnel from carrying guns on base, or otherwise having access to guns on base. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 08:34:03 PM »

You think it never had a shooting on a military base in Canada?  You think it never happen in England or other parts of Europe?  The fact of the matter is that private laws don't apply to military bases... this is the point that you either can't understand or simply fail to acknowledge.  No culture of gun ownership or right to bear arms argument is relevant here because even in a place like DC where it is next to impossible for the average citizen to own a gun, that doesn't prevent military personnel from carrying guns on base, or otherwise having access to guns on base. 

What bout d sociey that d man come from dat make him luv guns and then he join d army where he can get easy access. So because he eh buy d gun in a gun show it have no bearin on d fact dat in d good ole USA man luv 2 shoot up d place. So because it happen on an army base it iz an isolated incident. In a society where 1 of these incidents at least annually. BUT U ARE D INTELLECT SO WHATEVER U SAY MUST B GOSPEL

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »
What bout d sociey that d man come from dat make him luv guns and then he join d army where he can get easy access. So because he eh buy d gun in a gun show it have no bearin on d fact dat in d good ole USA man luv 2 shoot up d place. So because it happen on an army base it iz an isolated incident. In a society where 1 of these incidents at least annually. BUT U ARE D INTELLECT SO WHATEVER U SAY MUST B GOSPEL

Where it even say that he "luv guns"?  The fact of the matter is that you jumping to all kinda conclusion about American society that you know nothing about other than what you see on TV or read on the internet.  First off the man born in northern Virginia and lives in Bethesday, MD.  Both these locales are suburbs of DC and the subcultures present in those areas don't have thriving gun-cultures.  Secondly his family are Jordanians... there's a bigger possibility that he was influenced by the culture of his parents than he was influenced by any gun sub-culture in the US.  Generally speaking people of middle-eastern heritage hew closely to that culture.

To say that just because certain parts of the US celebrate gun-ownership that that is the case everywhere is as stupid as saying that Trinidad is a gang and kidnapping society just because those crimes and criminal mindsets are present in certain pockets in TnT.  Not all Trinis into de badboy culture, not all agree with kidnapping as a means of making easy money... same way a majority of Americans don't think they should be walking around the streets strapped with guns... believe it or not.  It's a nice fiction that advances whatever your agenda, so I doh expect that you'd let little things like facts and common sense to get in the way of that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 08:56:28 PM »
November 5, 2009, 4:07 pm

Mass Shooting at Fort Hood

By Robert Mackey

Ben Sklar/Getty Images
Sgt. Fanuaee Vea embraced Pvt. Savannah Green while speaking on the phone outside Fort Hood.

Update | 9:15 p.m. At a news conference outside Fort Hood the base commander, Gen. Robert Cone, just revealed that earlier reports that the gunman, Major Nidal Hasan, had been killed were incorrect. Major Hasan was wounded but remains alive. Gen. Cole says that Major Hasan is in custody and “his death is not imminent.”

Gen. Cone added that soldiers are not armed on the base: “As a matter of practice, we do not carry weapons — this is our home
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/05/reports-of-mass-shooting-at-fort-hood/?hp

Cana that last bolded part might help provide some of your answers...  and if pardna make it thru he go be lucky if he ent face execution.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 09:19:41 PM »
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye... lawd Bakes!!!

Is a lucky thing I wasn't taking my information from dey neighborhood maco!

Since 5 pm I logged on to CNN and 20 mins ago I logged off to start preparing for work in the morning. Look what I missed - well almost!

Unlike a General Hospital that I know of,  they will make sure this murderer is kept alive...by any means necessary.

I see my question was also answered....nice!

I think the most hurtful part is when they start calling the names and ages of the deceased. Ain't even get a chance to serve their country...killed by one of ya own.  I tell you, what a world we live in :(

note: i logged off of CNN but ah still glue on to SW.net. My priorities are in tact ;D

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:29:59 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 10:05:32 PM »

Since 5 pm I logged on to CNN and 20 mins ago I logged off to start preparing for work in the morning. Look what I missed - well almost!

Unlike a General Hospital that I know of,  they will make sure this murderer is kept alive...by any means necessary.

I think the most hurtful part is when they start calling the names and ages of the deceased. Ain't even get a chance to serve their country...killed by one of ya own.  I tell you, what a world we live in :(

note: i logged off of CNN but ah still glue on to SW.net. My priorities are in tact ;D

Glad yuh have yuh priorities in order, lol.

But that sad eh?  Imagine dem fellas and dem getting they last medical clearance, probably imagining what terror was awaiting dem across the seas... not knowing terror waiting fuh dem and coming from one ah dey very own  :-\

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »

Where it even say that he "luv guns"?  The fact of the matter is that you jumping to all kinda conclusion about American society that you know nothing about other than what you see on TV or read on the internet.  First off the man born in northern Virginia and lives in Bethesday, MD.  Both these locales are suburbs of DC and the subcultures present in those areas don't have thriving gun-cultures.  Secondly his family are Jordanians... there's a bigger possibility that he was influenced by the culture of his parents than he was influenced by any gun sub-culture in the US.  Generally speaking people of middle-eastern heritage hew closely to that culture.

To say that just because certain parts of the US celebrate gun-ownership that that is the case everywhere is as stupid as saying that Trinidad is a gang and kidnapping society just because those crimes and criminal mindsets are present in certain pockets in TnT.  Not all Trinis into de badboy culture, not all agree with kidnapping as a means of making easy money... same way a majority of Americans don't think they should be walking around the streets strapped with guns... believe it or not.  It's a nice fiction that advances whatever your agenda, so I doh expect that you'd let little things like facts and common sense to get in the way of that.

D SOCIETY LUV GUNS. D 2nd ammendment say so. Tell me anoher country that in dey constiution and then yuh argument go hold water.

OF COURSE whenevr I go away I just check d GD page 2 find on what ah miss

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »
D SOCIETY LUV GUNS. D 2nd ammendment say so. Tell me anoher country that in dey constiution and then yuh argument go hold water.

Uhmmm sorry, you don't prove a positive by asserting the contrapositive.  The 2nd Amendment states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  Where in that does it say the society "luvs guns"?  It doesn't say government can't regulate the ownership of guns... which the government, like every other Western government does.  The Constitution also said at the time that the government couldn't stop the importation of slaves until 1808... does that mean that American society today is pro-slavery?

Of course not... except to a simpleton.  But as I said, you ent go let facts and commonsense get in the way of your agenda so I won't waste any more time on your ignorance.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 11:57:17 PM »
Baked you go sour vomit boy.... whey sah, Yuh is ah pest.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 08:09:28 AM »

Uhmmm sorry, you don't prove a positive by asserting the contrapositive.  The 2nd Amendment states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  Where in that does it say the society "luvs guns"?  It doesn't say government can't regulate the ownership of guns... which the government, like every other Western government does.  The Constitution also said at the time that the government couldn't stop the importation of slaves until 1808... does that mean that American society today is pro-slavery?

Of course not... except to a simpleton.  But as I said, you ent go let facts and commonsense get in the way of your agenda so I won't waste any more time on your ignorance.

U know how ignorant a person is by d time u hear dey call another person one. So d last time I looked it up in d dictionary u came up. D right 2 bear arms must not b infringed.  I know d either US Constitution I know all d ammendments. Is not u alone could read. Oh I 4go u studied it in night school 2 get your high school/degree/post gratuate and phd.

D fact everybody doh want they right 2 b infringed means that everybody want to own one. I still waitin 4 your expert conclusion dat y is only in d USA that such a problem exist where peeps does go postal and shoot up d place.

Baked you go sour vomit boy.... whey sah, Yuh is ah pest.

No he is the only bright 1 d rest of us went 2 school in August.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 08:28:11 AM »
I failed to see the correlation between Texas and the gun culture as it pertains to this guys. This guys lived( Silver Spring, MD) and worked in the DC area(Walter Reed Hospital). Let's wait and see what evidence the authorities have gather, before we say anything.

1]; } ?>