March 28, 2024, 03:54:19 PM

Author Topic: T&T need to play bigger and better teams to raise their level of play  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
we need to play teams like england, south africa, england, sri lanka and so forth in order to get better and expose the wealth of talent we have.

playing against our regional teams is a warm-up for us now, its no longer a challenge, we need to test the team against best, i hope the ttcb learns this fast and puts into play a schedule much more testing for our players and team in the near future

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T need to play bigger and better teams to raise their level of play
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »
we need to play teams like england, south africa, england, sri lanka and so forth in order to get better and expose the wealth of talent we have.

playing against our regional teams is a warm-up for us now, its no longer a challenge, we need to test the team against best, i hope the ttcb learns this fast and puts into play a schedule much more testing for our players and team in the near future

Not goin 2 d joker who win d election last saturday. D first ting he say we stayin in d WI set up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »

Not goin 2 d joker who win d election last saturday. D first ting he say we stayin in d WI set up.

that is just talk, he mamaguying the wicb, plenty of dem men know the real deal, doh get tie up girl...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »

that is just talk, he mamaguying the wicb, plenty of dem men know the real deal, doh get tie up girl...

We will c but in he acceptance speech he real tick me off.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »
allyuh on this forum is jokers yes. yes we r the best regional team, thats with out a doubt  but this all this talk of separation?? really?  and when would we be playing all these international teams
" hey hengland wah u doing between your tour of australia and sri lanka wanan come play t and t"
 we have a population of what 1.4 million?? dont think we have enough of a base to continually produce 22 world class players decade in decade out.

the fact the WI management sucks is wha we should be focussing on , not trying to seperate because we fine we favorie player not  on the team. Cricket is one of the true few things that unites the WI. steups allyuh cyah be serious nah.

BTW if we separate from the WI it will take us maybe a decade to reach test match status....in the mean time what we doing with all we players.

Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »
allyuh on this forum is jokers yes. yes we r the best regional team, thats with out a doubt  but this all this talk of separation?? really?  and when would we be playing all these international teams
" hey hengland wah u doing between your tour of australia and sri lanka wanan come play t and t"
 we have a population of what 1.4 million?? dont think we have enough of a base to continually produce 22 world class players decade in decade out.

the fact the WI management sucks is wha we should be focussing on , not trying to seperate because we fine we favorie player not  on the team. Cricket is one of the true few things that unites the WI. steups allyuh cyah be serious nah.

BTW if we separate from the WI it will take us maybe a decade to reach test match status....in the mean time what we doing with all we players.

What we doin wit dem now Bravo and Simmons should b in Aus but we cyah get more than 4 pics. Dat 10 yrs ting eh cast in stone. Once there is a will there is a way.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »

children if you are reading this post, let this be a lesson to you of a trini who has no confidence in himself nor his people.

futhermore, yes we can produce world class players consistently, cricketers have longevity and you dont chop and change the team like in football, get your sports straight nah..

all these pessimist who loving wicb, keep forgetting the racism and insularity that exists. reaching the final in india is a testament of how far this team has come and what talent we have. the greats of other nations dont talk highly of our youth players for no reason.

secondly, its not about favorite players, its about the best players making the team idiot, on merit, stop chatting yuh wasteless garbage.

which player that i have listed doesnt deserve to be on the west indies? and list why and their stats compared to others who make the team

like andre and many others have said with myself, trinis dont like themselves and they dont realize the potential.

tt can go alone and if you do  not know about the process of organizing tours, dont talk about it.

furthermore sherlock, tt can play as a seperate nation in 20/20s and odis and stay with the west indies for tests until they obtain their status. the other teams such as zim and bang got their test status in a reasonable amount of time, however tt has more 1st class matches than them by far, which will make it easier for us.

know your facts first before yuh spew garbage
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:42:05 PM by Controversial »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »

children if you are reading this post, let this be a lesson to you of a trini who has no confidence in himself nor his people.

futhermore, yes we can produce world class players consistently, cricketers have longevity and you dont chop and change the team like in football, get your sports straight nah..

all these pessimist who loving wicb, keep forgetting the racism and insularity that exists. reaching the final in india is a testament of how far this team has come and what talent we have. the greats of other nations dont talk highly of our youth players for no reason.

secondly, its not about favorite players, its about the best players making the team idiot, on merit, stop chatting yuh wasteless garbage.

which player that i have listed doesnt deserve to be on the west indies? and list why and their stats compared to others who make the team

like andre and many others have said with myself, trinis dont like themselves and they dont realize the potential.

tt can go alone and if you do  not know about the process of organizing tours, dont talk about it.

furthermore sherlock, tt can play as a seperate nation in 20/20s and odis and stay with the west indies for tests until they obtain their status. the other teams such as zim and bang got their test status in a reasonable amount of time, however tt has more 1st class matches than them by far, which will make it easier for us.

name calling wont make u right. shouting wont make u right either...its a point of view..u have our i ahve mine. the fact that anytime someone disagrees with u..they wrong says alot about u. i eh go cuss yuh
or anythign...just tell yuh go sing ah song and leave i alone.

odis and 20/20 dosent show the true metal of a team. dais a fact. so if u want to talk a bout bang and zim it eh proving yuh pt....
seeing reality has nothing to do about loving my country etc. Is there insularity in WI cricket yes..but by all countries..
chanderpaul and sarwan and chattergoon must be the straightest hair negro people ever cause 2 outta dem playing longer than most other players.....
darren had 48 tests to make runs.....
and the reason mohammed never get pick consistently or make something for him self is cause u advocate for him and blight him like hardest!!!
 btw yuh does still send money for him when he call yuh???

and facts u always have facts half of which u get second and third hand because hwat yuh hear yuh father or mother fren from some where who know someone on de board sister say. grow up nah youth.

WHat IS THE reasonable amount of time Zim got thier test status in? since u know..ah waiting??  yuh want the cricinfo stats link??
they will have players wasting away waiting on test status when bravo et all could be playing tests now.
what ever yes...u knwo so much u know nothing at the end.

i believe in my country and in commonsense and discussion also. not in high minded bs.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:57:07 PM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »

name calling wont make u right. shouting wont make u right either...its a point of view..u have our i ahve mine. the fact that anytime someone disagrees with u..they wrong says alot about u. i eh go cuss yuh
or anythign...just tell yuh go sing ah song and leave i alone.

odis and 20/20 dosent show the true metal of a team. dais a fact. so if u want to talk a bout bang and zim it eh proving yuh pt....
seeing reality has nothing to do about loving my country etc. Is there insularity in WI cricket yes..but by all countries..
chanderpaul and sarwan and chattergoon must be the straightest hair negro people ever cause 2 outta dem playing longer than most other players.....
darren had 48 tests to make runs.....
and the reason mohammed never get pick consistently or make something for him self is cause u advocate for him and blight him like hardest!!!
 btw yuh does still send money for him when he call yuh???

and facts u always have facts half of which u get second and third hand because hwat yuh hear yuh father or mother fren from some where who know someone on de board sister say. grow up nah youth.

WHat IS THE reasonable amount of time Zim got thier test status in? since u know..ah waiting??  yuh want the cricinfo stats link??
they will have players wasting away waiting on test status when bravo et all could be playing tests now.
what ever yes...u knwo so much u know nothing at the end.

i believe in my country and in commonsense and discussion also. not in high minded bs.

listen nah maco, tt can have associate status and still allow their players to play for the west indies, while they wait for test status, as i have stated. why dont you post how long it took bang to get it and how much 1st class experience they had when they obtained it before you talk your garbage.

yuh bawling about calling names but you stated we were jokers to begin with, questioning people intelligence like you are all knowing.

tests will come eventually and yes that tests the true mettle but some of the players will never get that chance bc of racism and insularity. thats why i suggested tt players play for the wi while waiting for test status, which is not impossible and can be attained. in regards to chanderpaul and sarwan, they deserve to be there, not bc of their ethnic background and excluding them from the team after their accolades would be outright racism, plus sarwan has his connections from before, the selectors and wicb dont wanna make an open spectacle, also a quota is also involved, as it was in south africa, something you wouldnt know about bc you dont know enough about cricket.

too bad they dropped ganga after 2 test tons and played him in the wrong position for years in order to save other players from getting dropped, however this talk is too complex for your brain to realize so i wont continue with it.

i never blight anyone, maybe you are the blight one but God has always been good to me, mohammed is a subject of racist selections, as everyone in the cricket community has said recently.

i wont engage in your macomere man business, last time i check we were discussing cricket not making assumptions about people's personal lives, btw yuh find a job yet, yuh still horning yuh wife? what the hell do these statements have to do with a cricket discussion?

i done with yuh chirren talk, i talked about sports, you are trying to attack a man on assumptions by trying to belittle him with lies, when yuh grow up, address sports not an attempted character assasination

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
D so call best goin and get blaze from Aus so if Aus bliaze TNT me eh go b vex because dey rep d RWB. D burgandy gone through

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 06:47:54 PM »
I see the light... :devil:

When one door closes another will open

Offline Yardie08

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »
For the sake of full disclosure, I am a non Trini and a non indian. But i have a few questions, hopefully all of u here can enlighten a jamaican.

While u seem to have no issue with using the wicb like a $10 whore, why do u think the WI would continue to pick T&T players for tests ONLY when they would be better served by blooding players from territories that are committed to WI long term?

tests will come eventually and yes that tests the true mettle but some of the players will never get that chance bc of racism and insularity.[\b] thats why i suggested tt players play for the wi while waiting for test status,

I have never been to T&T and the only trinis I know are the few i've met in Jamaica and the US. With that said, is the population of T&T mostly indians? If racism is being applied to T&T, i'll have to assume that that is the case. Insularity I can understand, that has been with us for decades and I don't see it going away anytime soon. But I would like to have a better understanding of "racism" against a country like T&T that i thought had diversity.

T&T enjoying a good spell right now and they have worked hard to achieve their current dominance, this i applaud. Just remember, in any team sport depth is a important factor (injury, fatigue, etc). U always need more than 11 great players to perform consistently (WI current problem as well).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:39:09 PM by Yardie08 »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 05:01:32 PM »
For the sake of full disclosure, I am a non Trini and a non indian. But i have a few questions, hopefully all of u here can enlighten a jamaican.

While u seem to have no issue with using the wicb like a $10 whore, why do u think the WI would continue to pick T&T players for tests ONLY when they would be better served by blooding players from territories that are committed to WI long term?

tests will come eventually and yes that tests the true mettle but some of the players will never get that chance bc of racism and insularity.[\b] thats why i suggested tt players play for the wi while waiting for test status,

I have never been to T&T and the only trinis I know are the few i've met in Jamaica and the US. With that said, is the population of T&T mostly indians? If racism is being applied to T&T, i'll have to assume that that is the case. Insularity I can understand, that has been with us for decades and I don't see it going away anytime soon. But I would like to have a better understanding of "racism" against a country like T&T that i thought had diversity.

T&T enjoying a good spell right now and they have worked hard to achieve their current dominance, this i applaud. Just remember, in any team sport depth is a important factor (injury, fatigue, etc). U always need more than 11 great players to perform consistently (WI current problem as well).

the reference about racism is in regards to the selectors and their continual dismissal of indo-trini spinners in the west indies team. in the selection of the tt team, there has been no racism, in fact the selection is 100% non racist imo and most others opinions in tt, as compared to west indies selection

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »
How has the treatment of the Trini spinners been to the treatment of any regional spinner? Name one who has gotten a chance to play his way into the West Indies team. How do you explain Ravi Rampaul and Denesh Ramdin? Even Ganga had oppportunities to play for the Windies and even serve as an interim captain.

Discrimination towards spinners I can agree with, even insularity I might accept, but racism on the other hand...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 01:33:28 PM »
How has the treatment of the Trini spinners been to the treatment of any regional spinner? Name one who has gotten a chance to play his way into the West Indies team. How do you explain Ravi Rampaul and Denesh Ramdin? Even Ganga had oppportunities to play for the Windies and even serve as an interim captain.

Discrimination towards spinners I can agree with, even insularity I might accept, but racism on the other hand...

take a look at benns fc record, then compare that to mohammed and especially jaggernauth who has more than all spinners selected. mohammed should have been given much more chances, benn has never taken 50 wickets in a regional season but deserves the chances and next in line is miller, to me that is racism and many on the other cricket boards see it the same way as well, facts and stats speaking loudly

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »
take a look at benns fc record, then compare that to mohammed and especially jaggernauth who has more than all spinners selected. mohammed should have been given much more chances, benn has never taken 50 wickets in a regional season but deserves the chances and next in line is miller, to me that is racism and many on the other cricket boards see it the same way as well, facts and stats speaking loudly

The stats say that Benn has played 9 Test matches, Mohammed 5. Both have played over 50 first class matches. Raul Lewis has played over 120 first class matches for his 5 Tests. Nikita Miller took 38 wickets in 7 matches last season, Jaggers needed 12 matches for his 36. Miller was also the leading wicket taker the season before and all he has to show for it is 1 Test match.

Tino Best, 14 test matches, Taylor has 28, Edwards 43, Powell 37. All were less than convincing in particular in the beginning of their careers yet they were persisted with until 2 have stood out and are finally starting to look like international bowlers. The other 2 have disappointments, but still are persisted with. Anyone remember Mervin Dillon? How many disappointing performances before he was dropped? Rampaul would have made his debut before if not for injuries and is set to be on the team with far less "lag time" than Mohammed or Jaggernauth who have typically taken more wickets than him regionally. Is that racism and insularity too?

The stats show that all 4 spinners have been good performers regionally and they've have year in and year out been at the top of the bowling stats in the region. They have 15 Test matches among them, 20 if we include Lewis. So if we keep that in perspective, Best by his shitty self has played 14. The stats are speaking loudly that spinners, regardless of ethnic background, do not get the same opportunities as fast bowlers.
First class matches, wickets, S/R and average:

Mohammed: 67 - 225 54.9 26.33
Benn: 53 - 172 68.9 31.55
Miller: 35 - 141 58.6 19.78
Jaggernauth: 50 - 196 53.9 23.67

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 04:24:08 PM »

The stats say that Benn has played 9 Test matches, Mohammed 5. Both have played over 50 first class matches. Raul Lewis has played over 120 first class matches for his 5 Tests. Nikita Miller took 38 wickets in 7 matches last season, Jaggers needed 12 matches for his 36. Miller was also the leading wicket taker the season before and all he has to show for it is 1 Test match.

Tino Best, 14 test matches, Taylor has 28, Edwards 43, Powell 37. All were less than convincing in particular in the beginning of their careers yet they were persisted with until 2 have stood out and are finally starting to look like international bowlers. The other 2 have disappointments, but still are persisted with. Anyone remember Mervin Dillon? How many disappointing performances before he was dropped? Rampaul would have made his debut before if not for injuries and is set to be on the team with far less "lag time" than Mohammed or Jaggernauth who have typically taken more wickets than him regionally. Is that racism and insularity too?

The stats show that all 4 spinners have been good performers regionally and they've have year in and year out been at the top of the bowling stats in the region. They have 15 Test matches among them, 20 if we include Lewis. So if we keep that in perspective, Best by his shitty self has played 14. The stats are speaking loudly that spinners, regardless of ethnic background, do not get the same opportunities as fast bowlers.
First class matches, wickets, S/R and average:

Mohammed: 67 - 225 54.9 26.33
Benn: 53 - 172 68.9 31.55
Miller: 35 - 141 58.6 19.78
Jaggernauth: 50 - 196 53.9 23.67

your stats also show that benn is not suppose to be there and both jaggy and slo mo have more wickets and experience, 5 wicket and 10 wickets hauls also. miller if anything deserves to be there ahead of benn but not mohammed, its easy for the selectors to pick benn and make an excuse, they have no accountability, piking miller also ahead of mo and jaggy would show the racism in selection

bottom line is mohammed should be there ahead of benn and miller, he has the wickets and can bat, as his test avg is over 30, that says alot.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
This is why I don't argue racism with you. Even after showing you where Tino Best has almost the same number of Test matches as Benn, Miller, Jaggers and Mohammed you still see race. You cannot see that performance wise there is a bias against ALL spinners that have prevented any of them from getting an opportunity to represent the West Indies. In your desire to see 11 T&T players on the West Indies team you are willing to overlook the travesty that has allowed Tino Best 14 Test matches when 4 of the better bowlers in the region (statistically) have only managed 15 combined and fight a desperate claim of racism.

Ganga has 48 Test matches even though he averaged 25.71. How do you explain Rampaul? What about Deonarine, Barath, Sarwan, Ramdin, Ganga or Chanderpaul? What all those guys have in common is that they are not spinners.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 09:20:36 AM »
This is why I don't argue racism with you. Even after showing you where Tino Best has almost the same number of Test matches as Benn, Miller, Jaggers and Mohammed you still see race. You cannot see that performance wise there is a bias against ALL spinners that have prevented any of them from getting an opportunity to represent the West Indies. In your desire to see 11 T&T players on the West Indies team you are willing to overlook the travesty that has allowed Tino Best 14 Test matches when 4 of the better bowlers in the region (statistically) have only managed 15 combined and fight a desperate claim of racism.

Ganga has 48 Test matches even though he averaged 25.71. How do you explain Rampaul? What about Deonarine, Barath, Sarwan, Ramdin, Ganga or Chanderpaul? What all those guys have in common is that they are not spinners.

the fact that benn has been selected is a matter of discrimination, everything points to it, mohammed is the best spinner in the region, even commies in the 20/20 from around the world confer but still he is not chosen, benn is there bc if they select miller for a long period of time it will look like outright racism despite miller's record being better, why isnt jaggernauth given more tests, this has nothing to do with tino best, he cannot replace edwards, taylor nor rampaul, you know that and stats dictate that also.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »
the fact that benn has been selected is a matter of discrimination, everything points to it, mohammed is the best spinner in the region, even commies in the 20/20 from around the world confer but still he is not chosen, benn is there bc if they select miller for a long period of time it will look like outright racism despite miller's record being better, why isnt jaggernauth given more tests, this has nothing to do with tino best, he cannot replace edwards, taylor nor rampaul, you know that and stats dictate that also.

How is that discrimination when even Benn isn't getting the opportunities to play as faster bowlers? Your logic isn't logical. You pick one black man and ignore another more qualified black man so you wouldn't appear racist? The point about Best is that he never looked good as an international yet got quite a few chances at being one - more so than 4 of our better spinners. Whatever Benn's shortcomings, he - to this point - has not been afforded the same opportunity. You still cannot explain to me the players I mentioned. How can they be on the team if there is racism? How come only Mohammed and Jaggers are being discriminated against while the others aren't? Again, the common denominator is not race, but their bowling speed.

1]; } ?>