March 29, 2024, 05:25:43 AM

Author Topic: U.S. College Coach Looking to Recruit Top Youth Keeper from Trinidad  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Fellas I need some leads here.  Spoke to a college coach (whose team was ranked top 25 for a bit this season) a few days ago, and he was saying that he would be willing to recruit a top-notch keeper from home for next year.  This keeper would be replacing a very solid keeper who had 10 shoutouts this season, so he would have to be solid at crossballs, commanding the area, shot stopping, communicatiing with players, etc.  Can I get some references of possible prospects and their schools or clubs? 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. College Coach Looking to Recruit Top Youth Keeper from Trinidad
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
Raheem Belgrave-CIC

"Birdie" is his nickname but absolute class. Very impressive.

He is David Muhammed son and he was on the National U17 scene but I don't know him personally so I don't know if he's still on the squad or whatever

He and the keeper from Fatima "Baygo" are the 2 top class keepers in North Zone this year

Corbeaux

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Raheem Belgrave-CIC

He is David Muhammed son and he was on the National U17 scene but I don't know him personally so I don't know if he's still on the squad or whatever

He and the keeper from Fatima "Baygo" are the 2 top class keepers in North Zone this year

I wud go wit Birdie 2 an he iz still on d u-17 squad

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »
OK....Two from North...Any other suggestions?  What about those that were in the squad for Egypt?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:25 PM »
OK....Two from North...Any other suggestions?  What about those that were in the squad for Egypt?

My initial thoughts as well, but Jesse Fullerton is already in University in the Us and I willing to bet that Glenroy Samuel is more thinking about going Pro (overseas, that is) than anything else which leaves Andre Marchan.......

**but I guess a transfer to a "Top 25" school wouldn't be a bad idea for Jesse either....**
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:49:54 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 11:04:53 PM »

My initial thoughts as well, but Jesse Fullerton is already in University in the Us and I willing to bet that Glenroy Samuel is more thinking about going Pro (overseas, that is) than anything else which leaves Andre Marchan.......

**but I guess a transfer to a "Top 25" school wouldn't be a bad idea for Jesse either....**

Who is Marchan attached to right now?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 11:13:24 PM »

Truth is, Tenorsaw, I eh know a damned ting 'bout dis yute.........Sorry, ah cyah help yuh wit dah one.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:25:27 PM »

Truth is, Tenorsaw, I eh know a damned ting 'bout dis yute.........Sorry, ah cyah help yuh wit dah one.......

Looks like he is attached to Public.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »

Ent McComie went back or still affiliated wit dat club?  His personality/ego aside ah hear he is an excellent GK coach so if that is de case.....this yute just might be very well trained....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »

Ent McComie went back or still affiliated wit dat club?  His personality/ego aside ah hear he is an excellent GK coach so if that is de case.....this yute just might be very well trained....

I will have to do some more digging on these fellas.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 07:43:08 AM »
Raheem Belgrave-CIC

The Fatima Goal Keeper is from Tobago. His name is John Thomas and is is attached to Joe Public. Was on the Nat U17 team.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 02:52:52 PM »
Raheem Belgrave-CIC

The Fatima Goal Keeper is from Tobago. His name is John Thomas and is is attached to Joe Public. Was on the Nat U17 team.

Thanks.  Another name to my exploratory list.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
Fellas, does anyone have extensive tapes (NOT HIGHLIGHT REELS) of these fellas:

Raheem Belgrave
John "Baygo" Thomas
Andre Marchan

I want to get a look (preferably whole game or half) at these fellas in match situations.  Thanks

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 10:22:01 PM »

Raheem Belgrave
John "Baygo" Thomas
Andre Marchan

I want to get a look (preferably whole game or half) at these fellas in match situations.  Thanks

The best place to get those tapes would be from schoolsportcenter.com.......try contacting someone from there ....they have alot of tapesof cic and fatima ....with belgrave and bago

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 09:46:49 AM »

Raheem Belgrave
John "Baygo" Thomas
Andre Marchan

The best place to get those tapes would be from schoolsportcenter.com.......try contacting someone from there ....they have alot of tapesof cic and fatima ....with belgrave and bago

Thanks.  Yuh sure that site is functional?

1]; } ?>