April 28, 2024, 02:33:15 PM

Author Topic: Carlos tipping England to host World Cup  (Read 20157 times)

giggsy11

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup 2018: Gordon Brown meets Fifa's Jack Warner to back England's bid
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
I am not surprised!!!!!                                                  LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2010, 10:10:42 AM »
ah feel sorry for england..well not relly...dey twist all how for jack...

i remember a news report some shit was leakin in maraval and warner went to see..news cameras etc..i relly see while warner talkin to d residents an to reporters an to ppl from d ministry he was constantly switchin from his phone conversation to d ppl around him..at times he didnt even remove d phone from his mouth wen he was talkin to ppl..bout d shit leak etc etc...

u kno..later in d sports cast dey say/and warner say...that it was David Cameron he was there on d phone wit...and that shit leak tour look like it take a while...

d tings england hadda do...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2010, 10:12:20 AM »
Allyuh, despite the allegations and the air of corruption that has shrouded these proceedings, these countries deserve ah chance to host...

lets not forget the quality of Qatar's football team  :angel:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs</a>
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2010, 10:14:54 AM »
Allyuh, despite the allegations and the air of corruption that has shrouded these proceedings, these countries deserve ah chance to host...

lets not forget the quality of Qatar's football team  :angel:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NQLylizGmDs</a>
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I reckon our football team with head coach Latapy is currently around the same standard so we could host the World Cup too!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:17:52 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »
allyuh...

The 8 villains of Englands bid

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2010/dec/02/world-cup-2018-defeated-englands-villains#/?picture=369288821&index=7

Selected bits

6. Jack Warner
Magisterial Concacaf supremo and instrument of colonial revenge. One saving grace of England’s failed bid: nobody ever needs to pretend to like him again

8.  Aston Villa and Birmingham City fans
Staged a right old tear-up the day before decision day. Who needs El Clasico? Come to England and get a palette through the head. Come to England and we will do you. A strangely resistible offer

:rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:41 AM »
allyuh...
8.  Aston Villa and Birmingham City fans
Staged a right old tear-up the day before decision day. Who needs El Clasico? Come to England and get a palette through the head. Come to England and we will do you. A strangely resistible offer

:rotfl:

the accompanying picture is pure kicks.....straight goontarism on display dey
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2010, 10:26:49 AM »
Qatar's stadium  ;D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
Jack got balls-he better travel with heavy security from now on! English lurkin every where!

Do we know that Jack screwed them over? It is possible that Jack was the only one to vote for them in the 1st round and then he just jump to Russia to put them over the top.

At the end of the day England was in a tough spot and had to deal with Jack because with his open pandering he was the best route to any sure votes even though his reach not long enough to put them over the top on his own.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:54:15 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
Russia, Qatar get World Cups in 2018 and 2022
By RAF CASERT, AP Sports Writer

(AP)—FIFA sent the World Cup into uncharted territory Thursday, handing the 2018 edition to Russia and going to Qatar in 2022.

Russia’s selection came despite the no-show of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, but his influence still had an impact on FIFA’s 22 voters as the bid won over England, Spain-Portugal and Belgium-Netherlands.

Qatar brings the World Cup to the smallest host ever but one which has unparalleled financial clout to stage the world’s biggest single-sport event. It overcame objections about holding the games in desert heat and asked FIFA to take a “bold gamble.”

Russian Deputy Prime Minister …

The United States and Australia had been tipped as favorites alongside Qatar for 2022. Japan and South Korea were also in the running.

After three days of high anxiety when England sent Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham for intense lobbying and the United States counted on the aura of former President Bill Clinton, none were a match for the novelty promised by Qatar and Russia.

“Thank you for believing in change,” said Qatar’s Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani.

Qatar will stage a World Cup in and around Doha in a desert summer but promises state-of-the-art technology to cool fans and players alike.

After the elimination of Australia, Japan and South Korea, it came down to a duel between the United States, promising huge commercial spoils in a key growth market, and the new territory of the Gulf region, still flush with riches despite the global financial crisis.

Qataris and others—including workers from south Asia—immediately started dancing in the streets along Doha’s Gulf waterfront. Some blew the vuvuzelas that became synonymous with the World Cup in South Africa.

Qatar had asked FIFA to take a “bold gamble” and insisted the desert nation’s extreme heat would not be an issue.

All through its lobbying effort, it stressed the compact nation had the money, resources and high-technology to overcome any logistical objections.

The tournament would be held when temperatures in Qatar typically exceed 48 degrees C (118 degrees F). FIFA highlighted the potential risk posed by the heat.

It pointed out that World Cups in Mexico 1986 and United States 1994 also faced massive heat and both were big sporting successes.

Qatar is promising to spend $50 billion on infrastructure upgrades and $4 billion to build nine stadiums and renovate three others. No stadium would be more than an hour apart, while many would be dismantled and sections would be sent to poor nations.

In the wake of the successful hosting of the World Cup in the once-divided South Africa, one of Qatar’s strongest arguments is that the tournament would have a transformational effect in the region.

Few gave the Russian bid much of a chance after the charismatic Putin unexpectedly pulled out of the final presentation despite presenting himself all along as a personal guarantor of the bid.

Still, it came through, partly relying on strong government guarantees from Moscow and, like Qatar, able to underwrite funding by its huge natural energy reserves.

After arriving in Zurich strongly favored to win, Russian bid officials spent Wednesday denying suggestions that Putin’s absence revealed fading confidence. Putin reportedly will fly to Switzerland to join the celebrations.

Russia’s deputy prime minister Igor Shuvalov appealed to FIFA’s sense of football’s power to change society and likened the choice to the “very brave and wise decision” of awarding the 2010 World Cup to South Africa.

“We are building a new Russia,” Putin’s deputy said. “We can achieve this better and quicker with your help.”
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:54:13 AM by Sando »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2010, 10:53:21 AM »
Qatar's stadium  ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Guys don't laugh butthey got  the money to build them. But what will they do with them after?????
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:00:57 AM by Deeks »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
Jack got balls-he better travel with heavy security from now on! English lurkin every where!

Do we know that Jack screwed them over? It is possible that Jack was the only one to vote for them in the 1st round and then he just jump to Russia to put them over the top.

At the end of the day England was in a tough spot and had to deal with Jack because with his open pandering he was the best route to any sure votes even though his reach not long enough to put them over the top on his own.

Jack supposedly controlled 3 votes from what i understand... and now see here:

In the first round of voting, England got 2 votes, Holland/Belgium 4, Spain/Portugal 7 and Russia 9, Fifa have confirmed.

giggsy11

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2010, 10:59:16 AM »

Don't know that Jack screwed them over but who has been the most prominent Fifa official commiserating with England and the focus has been on? I am sure fingers will be pointed his way whether he had anything to do with it or not.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »

USA get wallop

Qatar beat USA 14-8 in the fourth round of voting, but almost claimed it in the first round.

First round: Australia 1, Japan 3, USA 3, Korea Republic 4, Qatar 11

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2010, 11:06:40 AM »

In the first round of voting, England got 2 votes, Holland/Belgium 4, Spain/Portugal 7 and Russia 9, Fifa have confirmed.

Jack did not vote for them! One of those 2 votes for England would have been by their English excecutive member!
If Jack had voted for England then they would have secured at least 4 votes in the 1st round as Jack controls 3 votes!

England must blame the BBC & Andrew Jennings for not securing Jack's 3 votes!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:34:39 AM by Socapro »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2010, 11:09:49 AM »

Qatar is promising to spend $50 billion on infrastructure upgrades and $4 billion to build nine stadiums and renovate three others. No stadium would be more than an hour apart, while many would be dismantled and sections would be sent to poor nations.

None ah dem others could compare tuh that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »
If nothing else, I am certain that Qatar will build the most beautiful stadiums in the world.  I also think that they'll have the most state of the art transportation system in place.  That said, I have very little faith in Qatar as a host... the heat and security issues may be resolved by the time 2022 rolls around, but I reserving my doubts.

Russia... what a joke. I'll watch on TV as ah normally do.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »

Key word is supposedly. I feel Jack just give them the one vote. After all collusion to vote is against FIFA rules and Jack is an upstanding, honest ExCo member.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »
To be honest folks, I wanted England to win it for 2018 & USA to win it for 2022.

But as you know is FIFA we dealing with and its all about pocket greasing rather than the merits of each bid!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »

Key word is supposedly. I feel Jack just give them the one vote. After all collusion to vote is against FIFA rules and Jack is an upstanding, honest ExCo member.

HA HA HA HA yuh killing me.... I doubt Jack vote for them thoug... he and Chuck does always vote together... that is 2 votes right dey... I could see the Guatemalan man or whichever one it is voting for Spain/Portugal if is anything... but I doubt he woulda break with them either...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »
Is it confirmed that Concacaf voted for Russia ?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2010, 11:22:49 AM »
Maybe Jack would come out & say who he voted for in the 1st round to prove that he keeps his promises!

And by the same breath maybe our 2006 World Cup players will get paid their bonus money!  ;)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »
Is it confirmed that Concacaf voted for Russia ?

Concacaf is a block of 3... so the entire block could not possibly have voted for England in de first round..

my theory is none of the 3 did... and Jack is a two face, fork tongue snake... but whats new

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2010, 11:29:25 AM »
So Jack:

• Got a handbag
  • Got Beckham to come for the Women's U-17 World Cup
  • Got a friendly against England
  • Met Brown
  • Met Cameron

And STILL didn't vote for them!  :rotfl:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
The presentations went down like this:

England: We can offer programs all over the world that would help bring people out of poverty. By 2014 we can have as much funds as FIFA to sustain these programs.

Russia: Members of the Committee...we can make you rich. Mr. Warner we can make you the world's first black billionaire....

Qatar: Mr. Warner what about Trillionaire????

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »
So Jack:

• Got a handbag
  • Got Beckham to come for the Women's U-17 World Cup
  • Got a friendly against England
  • Met Brown
  • Met Cameron

And STILL didn't vote for them!  :rotfl:

Jack checked his bank account just before he voted and wasn't happy especially as he may have to find the bonus money to pass to the TTFF to pay our 2006 World Cup players!

Jack on the phone to Camps:
Camps boy ah cyah help yuh out as ah promised yuh when ah put yuh back as head of TTFF.
Ah real sorry as yuh is meh boy!! Just make sure yuh have yuh jail clothes ready just in case!!  :-*

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:43:11 AM by Socapro »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:37 AM »
So which stadium we gettin from Qatar?  :devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »
So which stadium we gettin from Qatar?  :devil:

We need to have the fans willing to watch we teams play to fill it fuss before making that request!

And is T&T classed as poor?!

Doh worry, ah know yuh joking!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:48:23 AM by Socapro »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2010, 11:50:22 AM »
Wait nah.

Qatar was the only nation out of 9 to get a negative report in the technical evaluation by FIFA.

48 degree heat.

Pro league..low on quality.

Oh gorm FIFA.....allyuh really trying allyuh best to show allyuh eh care?

I waiting to see the English media backlash as  the whole bid committee  wipe the semen from de side of their mouths and deal with the disappointment.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>