April 27, 2024, 11:30:52 AM

Author Topic: Mexico Striker Antonio De Nigris Dead @ 31 from Heart Problem  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mexico Striker Antonio De Nigris Dead @ 31 from Heart Problem
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:13:09 AM »
LARISSA, Greece (AP)—A Mexican soccer player died after suffering from apparent heart problems at his home in central Greece, officials from a state hospital and his Greek club Larissa said Monday.

Antonio De Nigris, a striker who joined the Greek league team earlier this season, was 31.

A state coroner said preliminary findings from an autopsy indicated heart problems but that further examination was required. A club statement said De Nigris died early Monday.

Larissa spokesman Christos Tsoumaris said De Nigris’ wife contacted the club after her husband felt ill early Monday.

“We are still trying to understand what happened,” Tsoumaris said. “Our thoughts are with his wife and young daughter.”

De Nigris, who previously played at Spanish club Villarreal, played for the Turkish club Ankaragucu before moving to Larissa, which plays in the 16-team Greek league.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico Striker Antonio De Nigris Dead @ 31 from Heart Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:08 AM »
so sad to die so young.RIP.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:19:32 AM »
RIP Seņor De Nigris.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »
The man is my age.
Hope the family is alright.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 11:33:59 AM »
What really goin on? RIP Senor De Nigris
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
Former Manager Floro Hails De Nigris' Dependability

Antonio De Nigris touched many lives. As a footballer, he won over supporters in his many stops across the world. As a pupil, he won over hearts of his managers.

The 31-year-old footballer died Sunday of a heart attack in Greece.

Former Monterrey manager Benito Floro told Spanish daily Marca that De Nigris was like a son and said the loss has hit him hard.

"He was like an adopted son of mine. How do you think I should feel?" Floro snapped when asked how he was handling the loss. "We talked once or twice a week and every time he visited Mexico, he would always come see my family."

Floro and De Nigris teamed up with Monterrey in 2000. Floro gave De Nigris his footballing debut when De Nigris appeared as a substitute in a 5-0 loss to Morelia on Feb. 6, 2000. Floro said he saw talent and potential in De Nigris well before then.

"He was a youngster who played in the youth divisions and rose to the first team because he had some strong qualities," Floro said. "Even though he was very young, he joined the first team and soon was able to play internationally, and he scored two goals against Brazil."

De Nigris' shining moments for El Tri came during a 3-3 friendly result against Brazil, when he smashed a full volley for a goal, then ran to the corner flag, ripped it out of the ground and held it high above his head.

He also scored two goals in a World Cup qualifying match against Jamaica in 2001, a 4-0 win for Mexico.

Floro also helped De Nigris emigrate to Spain as Floro was in charge of Villarreal in 2003 when De Nigris made the leap from Mexico to Spanish football, his foray abroad.

Floro said De Nigris was dependable on and off the field.

"I always trusted in him as a footballer and as a person," Floro said. "He was a strong man."

(goal.com)

The FMF produces one of these each time someone connected to Mexican football passes.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 12:27:48 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »
Former Manager Floro Hails De Nigris' Dependability

Antonio De Nigris touched many lives. As a footballer, he won over supporters in his many stops across the world. As a pupil, he won over hearts of his managers.

The 31-year-old footballer died Sunday of a heart attack in Greece.

Former Monterrey manager Benito Floro told Spanish daily Marca that De Nigris was like a son and said the loss has hit him hard.

"He was like an adopted son of mine. How do you think I should feel?" Floro snapped when asked how he was handling the loss. "We talked once or twice a week and every time he visited Mexico, he would always come see my family."

Floro and De Nigris teamed up with Monterrey in 2000. Floro gave De Nigris his footballing debut when De Nigris appeared as a substitute in a 5-0 loss to Morelia on Feb. 6, 2000. Floro said he saw talent and potential in De Nigris well before then.

"He was a youngster who played in the youth divisions and rose to the first team because he had some strong qualities," Floro said. "Even though he was very young, he joined the first team and soon was able to play internationally, and he scored two goals against Brazil."

De Nigris' shining moments for El Tri came during a 3-3 friendly result against Brazil, when he smashed a full volley for a goal, then ran to the corner flag, ripped it out of the ground and held it high above his head.

He also scored two goals in a World Cup qualifying match against Jamaica in 2001, a 4-0 win for Mexico.

Floro also helped De Nigris emigrate to Spain as Floro was in charge of Villarreal in 2003 when De Nigris made the leap from Mexico to Spanish football, his foray abroad.

Floro said De Nigris was dependable on and off the field.

"I always trusted in him as a footballer and as a person," Floro said. "He was a strong man."

(goal.com)

The FMF produces one of these each time someone connected to Mexican football passes.

wow that one hell of a post .

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »
Wow no other sport in my recollection loses as much players as football .jezees

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile