April 29, 2024, 09:36:43 AM

Author Topic: Trying to satisfy.  (Read 3398 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trying to satisfy.
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:36:45 AM »
In an effort to satisfy all theWest Indian countries the selectors go for a quota system,this is absolute rubbish.Many years ago Barbados would give us 8 or 9 players and no one complained,what is wrong now.The fact is we have become more nationalistic and as independent territories that is understandable.The selectors must not go for that stupid attitude of satisfaction for all,pick  the best players no matter where they come from.Presently,Shiv and Sarwan from Guyana and Taylor and Gayle from Jamaica would be the only 4 players who could make the TT team,wuk it out yuhself. 8)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Trying to satisfy.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 08:14:29 AM »
insularity and racism bro, the selectors can't bring themselves to select 6 trinis or more on the team even though they merit selection.

barath- best opener in the region
bravo- best all rounder
ramdin- best keeper
rampaul- one of the best bowlers in region according to the stats
ganga- best captain and one of the best middle order batsman
simmons- top all rounder, better than dowling
lil bravo- on of the best youth batsmen with barath, has a 40 plus regional avg
pollard- shaping up to be one of the best all rounder, one of the best 20/20 and odi players
mohammed- best spinner
even jaggernauth (2nd best spinner in the region, actually has the most wickets of all spinners) all deserve to be on the team or in the 15 essentially

and add deonarine to your list, that would complete the team, with dwayne smith and maybe roach
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:25:30 AM by Controversial »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:38:47 AM »
insularity and racism bro, the selectors can't bring themselves to select 6 trinis or more on the team even though they merit selection.

Which race being oppressed here again?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
There is reason to believe that rcism has existed over many years in our cricket,anyone wanting to doubt that is in denial. 8)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »
I'm asking a straightforward question. How about a straightforward answer?

"reason to believe" does not constitute evidence.  I could have reason to believe that elves have been mending my shoes at night for many years now.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »
I'll just give one reason because I dont have time to delve into something that would always be ever present in our cricket,Inshan Ali arguably the best un-othordox spinner since Ramadhin,played 12 test and got 36 wickets,Roger Harper,the worst off-spinner that was ever selected to play for Windies,played 25 tests and got 45 wickets.Some people argue that he was selected for his fielding.Please dont make me stretch this coz I can go on and on.There is enough proof that certain players from TT and Guyana have suffered at the hands of West Indian selectors,Trinidad moreso than Guyana.I am still a staunch supporter of our Windies team,no matter what.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »

Which race being oppressed here again?
The black one  :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 04:16:19 PM »
rangy nanan... dinanath ramnarine... need i say more... denial is just ignorance in my opinion, i don't sit down and pretend i always speak out against any form of racism

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:46 PM »
S.Ragoonath was picked for 2 tests against a rampant Oz team at the end of his career,K.Athurton played 33 tests,Ragoonath was by far one of the best in the Caribbean at the time.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »
S.Ragoonath was picked for 2 tests against a rampant Oz team at the end of his career,K.Athurton played 33 tests,Ragoonath was by far one of the best in the Caribbean at the time.

another one to add to the list, i heard ragoonath never took any talking down, so they dropped him bc they couldnt talk to him in any which way.. west indies being almost at the bottom is bc of unfair selections for many years/decades catching up now

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 10:09:36 AM »

Grasping at straws with this comparison. One was an opening batsman, the other a middle order batsman. In addition, Ragoonath's first class batting average was 29.11 with 3 centuries in 66 matches. You really think he was hard done by selectors? To continue your comparison, Arthurton averaged 45.29 in 129 matches with 19 centuries. Let's not forget that Arthurton was also favoured for his fielding, not sure what kind of fielder Ragoonath was, but I'm sure he was never considered a top class one. Other openers of that time didn't they include Phil Simmons and Desmond Haynes? Why not compare Ragoo to one of them?

Inshan Ali was a bowler. He batted at number 10 or there abouts. Roger Harper was obviously not a particularly good spin bowler and was at best was an adequate 7 to 9 batsman (they tried to convince us that he was an allrounder), but he was that good in the field to be considered by many in and outside of the West Indies phenomenal. Besides, 25 matches in a 10 year career hardly constitutes being highly favoured. You need only to look at their first class careers to again realise that this is a poor comparison. Harper played a lot more cricket, including some county cricket and it's probably safe to assume that he took his cricket more seriously than a troubled Ali whose problems off the field are the stuff of legend.

Come frico, show us proper examples of racism and not mediocre players and troubled ones who failed to make it by their own efforts rather than because of their ethnicity.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »

Grasping at straws with this comparison. One was an opening batsman, the other a middle order batsman. In addition, Ragoonath's first class batting average was 29.11 with 3 centuries in 66 matches. You really think he was hard done by selectors? To continue your comparison, Arthurton averaged 45.29 in 129 matches with 19 centuries. Let's not forget that Arthurton was also favoured for his fielding, not sure what kind of fielder Ragoonath was, but I'm sure he was never considered a top class one. Other openers of that time didn't they include Phil Simmons and Desmond Haynes? Why not compare Ragoo to one of them?

Inshan Ali was a bowler. He batted at number 10 or there abouts. Roger Harper was obviously not a particularly good spin bowler and was at best was an adequate 7 to 9 batsman (they tried to convince us that he was an allrounder), but he was that good in the field to be considered by many in and outside of the West Indies phenomenal. Besides, 25 matches in a 10 year career hardly constitutes being highly favoured. You need only to look at their first class careers to again realise that this is a poor comparison. Harper played a lot more cricket, including some county cricket and it's probably safe to assume that he took his cricket more seriously than a troubled Ali whose problems off the field are the stuff of legend.

Come frico, show us proper examples of racism and not mediocre players and troubled ones who failed to make it by their own efforts rather than because of their ethnicity.

i stated 2 names there for you to ponder, but no response, so i guess you also believe no racism and insualrity is involved, maybe bc you yourself are the same or sweep racism under the rug in regards to certain races.

viv was selected to the west indies team with a piss poor regional avg, how do you explain that? so why not ragoonath? viv was picked on potential, not performance and ragoonath avg was higher than viv's avg when viv got selected.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:13:59 PM by Controversial »

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »

:applause: Was about to say the same thing but decided not to waste my time. Obviously not someone who has played or knows cricket. If he had chosen a better example of someone who possibly suffered because of race/insularity I might have agreed...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 01:01:12 PM by Conquering Lion »
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
i stated 2 names there for you to ponder, but no response, so i guess you also believe no racism and insualrity is involved, maybe bc you yourself are the same or sweep racism under the rug in regards to certain races.

viv was selected to the west indies team with a piss poor regional avg, how do you explain that? so why not ragoonath? viv was picked on potential, not performance and ragoonath avg was higher than viv's avg when viv got selected.

Rangy Nanan? No response is necessary, he can hardly be a serious consideration. Nothing to ponder. Ramnarine was unfortunate, but as I've said before there's a systematic selection policy against spinners, regardless of their ethnic background. Again, nothing to ponder.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 04:12:01 PM »

Rangy Nanan? No response is necessary, he can hardly be a serious consideration. Nothing to ponder. Ramnarine was unfortunate, but as I've said before there's a systematic selection policy against spinners, regardless of their ethnic background. Again, nothing to ponder.

oh really, nanan is not a victim? please explain why and how he isnt, bc stats and facts state differently

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 04:39:08 PM »

oh really, nanan is not a victim? please explain why and how he isnt, bc stats and facts state differently

What was Nanan a victim of, besides a notable lack of fitness? He should be considered lucky to have gotten his one match with his weight and mobility. You have facts that show differently? Show them then. I know you don't have facts, far more facts that show differently.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »

What was Nanan a victim of, besides a notable lack of fitness? He should be considered lucky to have gotten his one match with his weight and mobility. You have facts that show differently? Show them then. I know you don't have facts, far more facts that show differently.

D reason Nanan played 1 test and got 4 wickets is dat in d next game Garner was goin into a higher salary range wit d next test. I eh askkin Nanan confirmed on I95
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 09:14:16 AM »

D reason Nanan played 1 test and got 4 wickets is dat in d next game Garner was goin into a higher salary range wit d next test. I eh askkin Nanan confirmed on I95

thats just part of the puzzle hun... wolfman is lost in paradise or something and it had nothing to do with fitness, that is a outta a timing kinda reference to why nanan didnt play longer.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »

not sure if I follow.

4 wickets is nothing out of the ordinary.  definitely nothing to keep Joel Garner out of the side.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 07:47:41 AM »

not sure if I follow.

4 wickets is nothing out of the ordinary.  definitely nothing to keep Joel Garner out of the side.

D facts are dey would have played him in d next test but dey choosed to play Garney  he coulda get more paper. D 4 wkts eh have nutten 2 do wit it. D man bowl well and was 2 play d next test but did not play for non cricketing reasons.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 12:52:34 PM »

Yuh was going good 'till you talk that shit.

And Ragoonath is my cousin. Ragoonath bat shit for half a decade and let himself down.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 01:01:40 PM »
Nannan was the dominant spinner of the late 70s and 80s.

He broke the regional record three times in about six odd years.
He could bat.

Harper wasn't better he get pick.
Butts wasn't better, he get pick.

But maybe breaking records wasn't enough, you could imagine if he had been a fast bowler
with those stats??

I will say this, I believe until 1985 the selectors were all white (correct me if I am wrong).
So I eh think white ppl go favour blacks over Indians.

Ganesh Mahibir played so damn well but get overs whilst Harper and Butts got their chance.

Dinnas was screwed.

Ganga let himself down - enough chances.

Mohamed had an honest shot this year.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 06:53:56 AM »
Ganesh Mahabir and Dave Mohammed would have made most test playing countries or at least would have played 20 or 30 tests each,Ganga on the other hand was asked to open the the innings for Windies,a job he never did for TT,he was just there to protect the chosen ones.Rawle Lewis has played 4 tests and Mohammed 5,what is that about if its not well,I wont go on but it happens in every walk of life but it shouldn't happen in sports.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 09:10:33 AM »
Nannan was the dominant spinner of the late 70s and 80s.

He broke the regional record three times in about six odd years.
He could bat.

Harper wasn't better he get pick.
Butts wasn't better, he get pick.

But maybe breaking records wasn't enough, you could imagine if he had been a fast bowler
with those stats??

I will say this, I believe until 1985 the selectors were all white (correct me if I am wrong).
So I eh think white ppl go favour blacks over Indians.

Ganesh Mahibir played so damn well but get overs whilst Harper and Butts got their chance.

Dinnas was screwed.

Ganga let himself down - enough chances.

Mohamed had an honest shot this year.

VB

good post, forgot about mentioning mahabir :beermug:

anything is possible vb, i wouldnt put anything past these selectors
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:39:10 AM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>