April 29, 2024, 02:03:23 AM

Author Topic: Mother's illness sends Gayle home  (Read 1387 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mother's illness sends Gayle home
« on: November 17, 2009, 05:46:47 PM »
Mother's illness sends Gayle home

Cricinfo staff

November 17, 2009

Chris Gayle, the West Indies captain, will fly home to Jamaica on Wednesday to be with his seriously ill mother, leaving him in doubt for next week's first Test. While the team management hopes Gayle will be able to return in time for the game at the Gabba, the move is a further blow to the touring squad, which has come together following a strike between the players and the West Indies Cricket Board.

Gayle's absence means Denesh Ramdin, the wicketkeeper, will lead the side in the four-day tour match against Queensland in Brisbane today. The 15-man squad is already short of experience and will rely on Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan to lift it in the lead-up to the Test on November 26.

Gayle, who has played 82 Tests, has been criticised for his attitude since being re-appointed captain following the player strike. When the team arrived last week he spoke of unifying the team and challenging Australia in the three-Test series.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's illness sends Gayle home
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 06:49:06 PM »
Well I hope that Chris' mother recovers from her illness.

I can only imagine what he must be going through.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Blessings to his Moms. Hope everything goes well.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 08:02:10 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to his mother

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »
Blessings to his Moms. Hope everything goes well.

COSIGNNNNN
Thoughts and prayers to his mother

COSIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:45:24 AM »
hope she recovers and he can make it back in time. Because neither of the other openers contributed anything in de warmup sadly
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »
hope she recovers and he can make it back in time. Because neither of the other openers contributed anything in de warmup sadly

It done was goin 2 b a hot long Australian summer it just got longerrrrrrrrrrrrr is Gayle eh dey.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »
Gayle on Twitter a few minutes ago:

Thanks all for the prayers,I'm right next to my mom right now talking to her-she have a smile on her face thank god,will let u know the prob

With mom again,she giving me some jokes,saying her legs feel lighter can fling it up lol on the chair ofcours! I told her she's a bigstar.

The doctor saying her heart not that good,but she improve a lot an of to loose some weight-still running test,of to meet with the doc later.

My sister combing her hair now,I'm just watching happy to be next to her-my fun side I got from my mother,she full of jokes trust me.

Just ask her if she feel young again,she said not yet-also she want to say thanks again for those prayers!nurse ask me to wait outside sigh.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:28:45 AM by boss »

1]; } ?>