April 26, 2024, 02:55:06 PM

Author Topic: Fish Deep-Fried But Still Alive  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fish Deep-Fried But Still Alive
« on: November 17, 2009, 02:17:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/2BYPuLnAscA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/2BYPuLnAscA</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fish Deep-Fried But Still Alive
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »
I hate to stereotype but Asians often push the limits of what is socially acceptable when it comes to their culinary practices.  I remember seeing a documentary one time of cooks preparing a cat and beating it over the head to kill it then dipping it in hot water to remove the fur... before hanging it on a rack by the neck.  I almost died with grief when I saw the poor thing still twitching on the line... and this was no reflexive movement of the muscle I talking about... it clearly wasn't dead.  So sad to say this video doesn't surprise me.  Them seem to have this idea that they should eat it near tuh alive as possible... not sure why.

I should note that from what I'm told it's only a small minority that actually eat dog and cat... or that they don't eat it as much as rumored.  Sorta like we eating wildmeat... especially lappe and manicou.  That beyond the pale for most of us... same with them and the household pets, lol

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 10:51:45 PM »
Kind of sadistic really.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:03:15 AM »
anyone been to an abattoir?  or for that matter, ever see how kosher and halal animals are butchered?

a lady I know works for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.  Her job is to monitor how food animals are killed and she enforces rules that are meant to keep the killing as 'humane' as possible.  Every so often she will relate her experiences in trying to enforce the rules while working within the constraints of religious freedom at Halal and Kosher facilities. Sometimes, she is almost in tears when she tells me the stories.

In the west, some practices have been socially sanitized by hiding them from public view.

Having said that, I still like by steak medium raw; my lobster boiled, and my fish steamed.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:38:51 AM »
Like allyuh don't want to to eat fish again. It look like a B horror movie. I have been in the old abbatoir where the current market is. I saw them slaughter pigs. Lots of blood. The smell of blood. Not everybody can handle it. I just wanted to experience it. Just pray in your next live you don't come back as an animal. Especially an edible one.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:39:23 AM »
de weirdest tings does tickle people fancy....cyat on de other hand yuh hadda eat fresh. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »
anyone been to an abattoir?  or for that matter, ever see how kosher and halal animals are butchered?

a lady I know works for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.  Her job is to monitor how food animals are killed and she enforces rules that are meant to keep the killing as 'humane' as possible.  Every so often she will relate her experiences in trying to enforce the rules while working within the constraints of religious freedom at Halal and Kosher facilities. Sometimes, she is almost in tears when she tells me the stories.

In the west, some practices have been socially sanitized by hiding them from public view.

Having said that, I still like by steak medium raw; my lobster boiled, and my fish steamed.

so true. industrialized farming in the west take de biscuit for animal cruelty and urbanization keeping people ignorant. hopefully this local food trend get people back in touch with where their food comes from.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »
a friday evening on our way to scout meeting me and meh parda hear them killing a cow (or was it a pig) in the abbatoir.   it was the worst sound i have ever heard, my god.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 01:36:43 PM »
a friday evening on our way to scout meeting me and meh parda hear them killing a cow (or was it a pig) in the abbatoir.   it was the worst sound i have ever heard, my god.

If it was a high-pitched squeal then likely it was ah pig... cow doh bawl so.  We had some neighbors in de back ah we used tuh buy ah small pig every February tuh fatten him up fuh Christmas.  Not sure how many local health laws they violated, but they sure did slaughter him right dey in de back ah we.  Dem poor pig used tuh bawl fuh dey lives boy  :'(

I used tuh walk past de ole abbatoir on Auzonville Rd in Curepe... near de old Exodus panyard.  Still, all that slaughter talk ent have nutten to do with what going on on dat plate dey... that is half-cooking ah animal alive we talking about.  Slaughter practices is another matter.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »
Is that a prelude to cannibalism??????

Offline 1st touch

• Jr. Warrior
  • Without a good 1st touch yuh is a spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
All yuh sure that real and not a hoax or something else (prop)?
Them people getting real kicks and while it look like a fish breathing through the mouth, nothing else moving. I would believe it would still be able to beat up a bit, if it can open the mouth like that and when they eating from it...I doh think fish can be paralyzed or can they?

just saying

1st
If yuh looking, yuh sure to find it...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 05:07:09 PM »
I should note that from what I'm told it's only a small minority that actually eat dog and cat... or that they don't eat it as much as rumored.  Sorta like we eating wildmeat... especially lappe and manicou.  That beyond the pale for most of us... same with them and the household pets, lol

nah, dog is fairly common in china, they sell it in supermarkets.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »

nah, dog is fairly common in china, they sell it in supermarkets.

Well I cyah argue, you would know more than the Chinese I talk to.

1]; } ?>