April 29, 2024, 05:23:38 AM

Author Topic: Henry admits handball  (Read 22767 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2009, 10:32:58 AM »

They did score one, which was and is not enough to get them to the Wc. They needed a second goal, no? Plus they did not score at home.

They weren't cheated. You are implying that the refs saw the hand ball and deliberately allowed the goal to stand.

Your head real hard dread.  You're telling me what I'm implying now? haha...Anyways, I'm not implying that the ref saw the hand ball and deliberately allowed the goal to stand.  I'm saying that a deliberate hand ball (which is pretty difficult to refute based on the replays- i.e. Henry's second touch of the ball with his hand did not look accidental)...is a form of cheating...and by the refs not doing their job correctly (They are responsible for making those calls), Ireland was cheated...

Yes it's up to the refs to see it, and yes they more than likely didn't see it in this case, but it does not negate that it was illegal and that the incident represents a form of cheating.  If you want to argue that it's ok to break the laws of the game so long as you don't get caught, then I'll leave you to enjoy that conversation with yourself. 

btw how you know the ref eh see it? You talk to them or what?

Earlier in this thread you pointed out Sancho & Crouch, and yuh asking where was the outcry then....So you implying that the ref saw that one and let it pass? How you know that? 

Steups...allyuh have a different set of eyes for every scenario yes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:39:56 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2009, 12:26:11 PM »

They did score one, which was and is not enough to get them to the Wc. They needed a second goal, no? Plus they did not score at home.

They weren't cheated. You are implying that the refs saw the hand ball and deliberately allowed the goal to stand.

Your head real hard dread.  You're telling me what I'm implying now? haha...Anyways, I'm not implying that the ref saw the hand ball and deliberately allowed the goal to stand.  I'm saying that a deliberate hand ball (which is pretty difficult to refute based on the replays- i.e. Henry's second touch of the ball with his hand did not look accidental)...is a form of cheating...and by the refs not doing their job correctly (They are responsible for making those calls), Ireland was cheated...

Yes it's up to the refs to see it, and yes they more than likely didn't see it in this case, but it does not negate that it was illegal and that the incident represents a form of cheating.  If you want to argue that it's ok to break the laws of the game so long as you don't get caught, then I'll leave you to enjoy that conversation with yourself. 

btw how you know the ref eh see it? You talk to them or what?

Earlier in this thread you pointed out Sancho & Crouch, and yuh asking where was the outcry then....So you implying that the ref saw that one and let it pass? How you know that? 

Steups...allyuh have a different set of eyes for every scenario yes.

I said that about Sancho hair pulling and maybe even that Crouch cheated, but I did not say we were cheated. Even if I felt or said we were cheated would I call for a replay or a point, or anything of the sort no. Crouch did what he thought was best and the ref did not see it.

You said Ireland was cheated, that meant that by accepting the result of the game the ref and FIFA at the time of the hand ball knew what happened. Ireland was not cheated, to say that you would have to say the officials of the game conspired against them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »

You said Ireland was cheated, that meant that by accepting the result of the game the ref and FIFA at the time of the hand ball knew what happened. Ireland was not cheated, to say that you would have to say the officials of the game conspired against them.

No you would not "have to say" that- That's just retarded.... players can cheat too (even if the refs don't see it).  I didn't say that the refs/officials cheated Ireland out of a spot.  I said that Henry cheated....and I said that Ireland ultimately needs to conceded defeat to the harsh laws of life....sh*t happens...but they were still cheated.

My point is simple but it seems like you choose to think in an even more simple fashion. 

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:35:29 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2009, 12:38:15 PM »

No you would not "have to say" that- That's just retarded.... players can cheat too (even if the refs don't see it).  I didn't say that the refs/officials cheated Ireland out of a spot.  I said that Henry cheated....and I said that Ireland ultimately needs to conceded defeat to the harsh laws of life....sh*t happens...but they were still cheated.

My point is simple but it seems like you choose to think in an even more simple fashion. 

Ok if you say so.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Blatter
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2009, 05:45:41 AM »
Thoughts on Blatter
glenndavissoccer.com

Sepp Blatter and FIFA have truly bungled the Thierry Henry handball situation and it continues to labor on making Fifa look inadequate for the moment. Now FIFA’s disciplinary committee are now going to look in to the incident…….this is comical. So here is the exchange between FIFA and Henry….

Sepp Blatter Fifa: Thierry you have been a bad boy with your hands.

Henry: It was instinct your excellancy Mr. Blatter and I am truly sorry, besides how are you going to discipline Diego with his handball against England.

Sepp Blatter Fifa: Thierry, the investigation is ongoing with Diego and the hand of god, now what am I going to do with you?

Henry: It won’t happen again your excellancy, believe me Fair play is first and foremost on the minds of all players that will participate in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and we will follow your lead of Fair Play…….

Sepp Blatter FIFA: Keep this conversation between us Thierry or I will banish you to Trinidad and Tobago to work as a secretary for Jack Warner, or worse work in his son’s travel agency.   :devil:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Henry admits handball
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2009, 11:09:36 AM »
 This blatter is a real joke yes.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Blatter says Irish deserve 'moral compensation'

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/10463214/Blatter-says-Irish-deserve-%27moral-compensation%27

ROBBEN ISLAND, South Africa (AP) - FIFA president Sepp Blatter is considering a special award for Ireland after it lost out on a World Cup spot to France when a handball from Thierry Henry led to a decisive goal.

He ruled out financial compensation after it was announced that World Cup teams will receive at least $9 million for taking part in the competition.

Blatter said Thursday he would back Ireland receiving "moral compensation" for its elimination following the handball.

He said paying Ireland would lead to more teams seeking compensation.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »
Not only is Charlize Theron blazingly hot, she also knows how to toss a hand grenade.
Bill Archer, bigsoccer.com

Yesterday, at the dress rehearsal for todays' World Cup draw, she reached into the pot and PULLED OUT A BALL THAT SAID IRELAND instead of the "France" ball she was supposed to have.

I'm guessing that the assembled FIFA functionaries didn't find this nearly as humorous as Charlize did (and the rest of us do), and the notoriously fun-free Jerome Valke, FIFA General Secretary, felt the necessity to tell everyone that it was "just a joke".

Yeah, Jerome, we got that.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »
Not only is Charlize Theron blazingly hot, she also knows how to toss a hand grenade.

Yesterday, at the dress rehearsal for todays' World Cup draw, she reached into the pot and PULLED OUT A BALL THAT SAID IRELAND instead of the "France" ball she was supposed to have.

I'm guessing that the assembled FIFA functionaries didn't find this nearly as humorous as Charlize did (and the rest of us do), and the notoriously fun-free Jerome Valke, FIFA General Secretary, felt the necessity to tell everyone that it was "just a joke".

From what I understand.. the ball did say France... but she take it upon sheself to announce Ireland... hilarity insued

:rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »

From what I understand.. the ball did say France... but she take it upon sheself to announce Ireland... hilarity insued

Yeah her boyfriend is Irish so she real up on the scene.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »

Yeah her boyfriend is Irish so she real up on the scene.

imagine if she had crack that one live....

awkwaaaard!

1]; } ?>