April 29, 2024, 07:14:30 AM

Author Topic: Henry admits handball  (Read 22779 times)

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
Re: Henry admits handball
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 12:09:23 PM »
So Henry eh no worse than Maradona.

Nah Maradonna say it was d hand of God. Henry say iz he hand. Did I miss Crouch admisson of d Sancho thug.

Yeah... Crouch eventually admitted it. He took it as a joke thing too.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »
So Henry eh no worse than Maradona.

Nah Maradonna say it was d hand of God. Henry say iz he hand. Did I miss Crouch admisson of d Sancho thug.

Yeah... Crouch eventually admitted it. He took it as a joke thing too.

Well Henry  :rotfl: on he way 2 SA2010
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
Yeah I doubt there would have been this much outrage had it been Robbie Keane doing the same thing on the other end - then again that might have been called haha.  Usually a foreigner bias in the media though.

That said I don't like Henry, this isn't the first time he's cheated and France is the big nation (which has a compatriot at the head of UEFA) - so I can't say I'm too surprised by the overall outcome of the playoff. Just a shame considering Ireland were as good if not better than the French over the 2 legs. France really have gone off the boil since the loss of Zidane and the addition of Domenech it must be said.

As for Henry:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh8mk7MfBd8&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KxomccYNU&fmt=18

Most players have these moments at least occasionally nowadays - just a really blatant incident this time by a leading player in a crucial game really. But I can't say most pros wouldn't have done the same thing in Henry's situation.

It's the way that he celebrated without conscience that really shed a light on his personality though.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
Yeah I doubt there would have been this much outrage had it been Robbie Keane doing the same thing on the other end - then again that might have been called haha.  Usually a foreigner bias in the media though.

That said I don't like Henry, this isn't the first time he's cheated and France is the big nation (which has a compatriot at the head of UEFA) - so I can't say I'm too surprised by the overall outcome of the playoff. Just a shame considering Ireland were as good if not better than the French over the 2 legs. France really have gone off the boil since the loss of Zidane and the addition of Domenech it must be said.

Most players have these moments at least occasionally nowadays - just a really blatant incident this time by a leading player in a crucial game really. But I can't say most pros wouldn't have done the same thing in Henry's situation.

It's the way that he celebrated without conscience that really shed a light on his personality though.

D man score a goal 2 take him 2 d WC yuh want him 2 sulk. Come nah man.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 12:54:21 PM »
To hell with the British media...it is only because it happened to one of their own that they're raising their voices in rancor......with all the gamesmanship that frequently occur I'm not hearing any outcry. They are the ones who support the win at all costs attitude. I wonder if the situation were reversed and it was Rooney who had handled the ball, would the outcry be the same?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »
Wheeeeyyyysss.

Dis thread eh merge yet?

SHOCKING!  :o   ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 12:55:53 PM »

Um, he didn't score...he did your fav word in football...he ssisted the goal  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 01:03:43 PM »

Um, he didn't score...he did your fav word in football...he ssisted the goal  ;D

Big Up!

Meh boi I was out of it yday tru he did what Magic was famous for. Me eh c d ting up 2 now. So he was 2 sulk after d assist.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »
i eh see nothing wrong wid dat.. maradona did it and it was d greatest thing football fans had ever saw.. wah happen now? i was hoping france lost but whateever..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

ent!
Yuh feel is Anelka or what?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »
Bull shit!  Henry under no obligation to walk to the ref and say I handled the ball!  NONE!

When players foul in the box. or tug shirts deliberately, and the ref makes a non-call, are those players supposed to stop the play, hold the ball and go walk up to the ref and say, "Damn it old chap, are you bloody blind?  Didn't you see me foul that French bloke?  Why didn't you give them a penalty you shit house wanker?"

It was the responsibility of those officiating the game to make the call!

Where did I say that Henry should have admitted to the ref that he handled the ball?

I didn't, you stooge. So learn to actually comprehend what you read, and save your worthless YouTube links for someone who gives a rat's ass.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »
Where the man wit d cosign stamp I tink I ned a borrow 4 dis 1

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 02:33:31 PM »
The hand of Henry

The manner in which the Republic of Ireland went out to France after Wednesday's World Cup play-off second leg was simply heartbreaking.

I played with Thierry Henry for six years at Arsenal and I can assure you he was as honest as the day is long.

But people will look at his handball in the build-up to France's extra-time equaliser, which sent them to South Africa with a 2-1 aggregate victory, and say he's cheated.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
lol we wouldnt be talking about this if duff and keane put away them goals......so who's fault is it? not henry's but ireland themselves.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »
Where the man wit d cosign stamp I tink I ned a borrow 4 dis 1

Thxs boss yuh is a real boss I go have 2 take a borrow now and then

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »
HENRY HANDBALL FALLOUT
FAI request France replay
By Soccernet staff

The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) have lodged a formal complaint with FIFA over the controversial World Cup play-off defeat to France and have urged world football's governing body to replay the match.

Les Bleus striker Thierry Henry clearly handled the ball to set up William Gallas' decisive goal as France drew 1-1 at the Stade de France on Wednesday night, winning the two-legged tie 2-1 on aggregate.

"The handball was recognised by the FIFA commissioner, the referee observer and the match officials, as well as by the player himself," the FAI said.

The goal has caused outrage across Europe and the FAI share the view of Irish Justice Minister Dermot Ahern and assistant Republic of Ireland coach Liam Brady who have both called for the game to be replayed.

"The blatantly incorrect decision by the referee to award the goal has damaged the integrity of the sport and we now call on FIFA, as the world governing body for our sport, to organise for this match to be replayed," the FAI said.

FIFA ordered Uzbekistan to replay Bahrain in a play-off for the 2006 World Cup in Germany after the referee made a mistake when a penalty had been awarded.

"The Football Association of Ireland is hoping that FIFA and its disciplinary committee will, on behalf of football fans worldwide, act in a similar fashion so that the standards of fair play and integrity can be protected," the FAI added.

However, in the aforementioned instance, the referee was guilty of wrongly applying the rules rather than missing an offence. An indirect free-kick was awarded against Uzbekistan when one of their players encroached on the Bahrain penalty area as the Uzbeks successfully converted a penalty. The correct interpretation would have been to order the penalty to be retaken.

FAI chief executive John Delaney also confirmed that his organisation had contacted their French counterparts as they continue their quest to arrange a replay.

"I really believe the integrity of the game has been questioned last night," Delaney said. "The governing body of world football have to step up to the plate and accede to our call for a replay.

"We have got to do what we have to do. We owe it to the players, who were magnificent last night. The supporters were incredible. It is up to the people who govern the game now. Every time I go to a FIFA congress I hear about fair play and integrity.

"This was not a league game. This was a defining game with the whole world watching and if FIFA believe in fair play and integrity, this is their opportunity to step forward.

"From the French FA point of view they need to look at themselves in this situation. Henry is their captain and a wonderful footballer but does he want to be like Diego Maradona and his legacy to be this handball, this goal that got them to the World Cup in an unjust manner?"

Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni wants FIFA to explain their choice of referee for the game but accepts that there is no chance of the match being replayed.

"All fans saw what happened on the pitch," Trapattoni said. "I would only like to say I would like FIFA to explain how they selected the referee for this important game. For this important game we needed a stronger referee - an important referee."

"I know it's impossible to replay the game," the Italian added.

FIFA confirmed on Thursday that they have received an official complaint from the FAI. A spokesman said: "We have received the formal request from the Football Association of Ireland regarding a replay of the match and FIFA will now look at this."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2009, 04:28:13 PM »
FRANCE 1-1 IRELAND
Bitter Keane blasts Platini and Blatter
By Soccernet staff

Ireland captain Robbie Keane has hit out at the presidents of FIFA and UEFA following his country's controversial World Cup exit in Paris, claiming they would be "delighted" that France had gone through.

Les Bleus striker Thierry Henry clearly used his hand to set up William Gallas' decisive goal as France levelled Keane's opener at the Stade de France to draw 1-1 on Wednesday night, winning the two-legged tie 2-1 on aggregate.

After the match, an angry Keane lambasted FIFA's 11th hour decision to seed the World Cup play-off draw in favour of the big teams, which ultimately pitted the Irish against France, and the Ireland international claims FIFA president Sepp Blatter and his UEFA counterpart Michel Platini got the result they would have wanted.

"Of course it is an easy decision to do the seedings," Keane told BBC Radio Five Live. "They're all probably clapping hands, Platini sitting up there on the phone to Sepp Blatter, probably texting each other, delighted with the result, with France (getting through)."

The Tottenham Hotspur striker claims that when it emerged that established football powers such as France, Portugal and at one stage Germany could be involved in the play-offs, football's governing bodies quickly went back on their initial decision not to seed the knock-out ties.

Keane said: "Germany had a chance of being in the (play-offs) as well. With two massive countries, there's no way in a million years is there going to be fair draw."

Ireland's assistant manager Liam Brady also took a swipe at the seeding system and blamed FIFA's weighted draw for heaping a huge amount of pressure on referee Martin Hansson.

Brady said: "I would maybe look at what happened three months before and the fact that these seedings for the play-offs were made to favour the bigger teams. I would ask why that went on.

"The pressure on referees is enormous then. The pressure is too much to bear and I hought the referee up until then had refereed the match in fine fashion, but he succumbed under pressure."

After the match, Henry admitted the ball did strike his hand and claims he told the referee, who chose to allow the goal to stand.

The Barcelona striker said: "The ball hit my hand, I will be honest. It was a handball, you can clearly see it. (Sebastien) Squillaci went to jump with two Irish players, I was behind him and the next thing I know the ball hit my hand.

"It was a handball, but I'm not the ref. I told (the referee) but he said to me the same: 'You are not the ref.'"

Ironically, if Platini's brainchild of having two extra assistants behind the goal, which the Frenchman is trialling in the Europa League, had been in action, Henry's handball would have been detected and the UEFA chief's countrymen prevented from progressing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »
Go Ireland - protest yuh protest  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.tntingermany.com/ireland.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.tntingermany.com/ireland.swf</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »
'FIFA (Federation for the Insertion of France into Africa)'  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »
'FIFA (Federation for the Insertion of France into Africa)'  :rotfl:

LAWD GOOD 1

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
Henry prove that most athletes believe a win is a win and if yuh get get away with $hit well lucky u and hard luck for de next person.  I hope France get nuff licks in de World Cup and Henry get send off in de first minute of de first game and miss the entire tournament.  Never like France and hate dem even more but not as much as I hate England...doh cuss mih Small Mag... ;D

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2009, 08:33:39 PM »
Go Ireland - protest yuh protest  :beermug:

<a href="http://www.tntingermany.com/ireland.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.tntingermany.com/ireland.swf</a>
WTF!!! :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »
Ok ah go say it....Crouch = English and White - Sancho = a lil black boy from a lil island had no right to have dreadlocks

So England "Deservedly" moved on  ;D

Henry = Nobody like the french anyway, plus he black  ::) - Ireland = well they are all white, mostly lol so that is utterly disrespectful to "cheat" against them  :devil:

Big Up!

Hair pulling is a minor thing... no different from shirt pulling in the grand scheme of things.  That's far different from deliberately handling the ball.

That said the Irish need to build a bridge and get to f**k over it already.  Henry is doing the right thing... he made a mistake in the heat of the moment and okay, he didn't own up to it right away but he eventually did.  Even had he gone to the ref and say "I hit it with my hand" there is no guarantee the ref would have done anything.  The body properly empowered to act is FIFA, and like I said... he's doing the right thing, putting the onus squarely on them.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2009, 09:59:35 PM »
Ok ah go say it....Crouch = English and White - Sancho = a lil black boy from a lil island had no right to have dreadlocks

So England "Deservedly" moved on  ;D

Henry = Nobody like the french anyway, plus he black  ::) - Ireland = well they are all white, mostly lol so that is utterly disrespectful to "cheat" against them  :devil:

Big Up!

Hair pulling is a minor thing... no different from shirt pulling in the grand scheme of things.  That's far different from deliberately handling the ball.

That said the Irish need to build a bridge and get to f**k over it already.  Henry is doing the right thing... he made a mistake in the heat of the moment and okay, he didn't own up to it right away but he eventually did.  Even had he gone to the ref and say "I hit it with my hand" there is no guarantee the ref would have done anything.  The body properly empowered to act is FIFA, and like I said... he's doing the right thing, putting the onus squarely on them.
I feel that's easier said than done. Those Irish players and most Irish fans will remember that incident for years to come. It's a really big deal.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2009, 10:25:57 PM »
I feel that's easier said than done. Those Irish players and most Irish fans will remember that incident for years to come. It's a really big deal.

Of course it is... I understand how they feel, but they going overboard with all of the personal attacks and threats etc. I'm reading elsewhere.  Shit happens... they're not the first and won't be the last.  We get screwed righteously in 1973, persevered and got over it.  We likely wasn't going to advance out of group in Germany (or maybe we did), but Crouch fouling Sancho certainly didn't help our chances.  In that same tournament Italy dive in the box against Australia and the Ukraine in the person of Shevchenko did the same against Switzerland(?) to advance. 

The only difference with those situations is that all the teams (except the Strike Squad) were already at the Finals instead of playing to get there.  Otherwise the net result is the same, the incidents in question led to the teams penalized by the uncalled infraction going home.  It sucks.  Life is not fair.  Move on.

truetrini

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2009, 10:28:01 PM »
Bull shit!  Henry under no obligation to walk to the ref and say I handled the ball!  NONE!

When players foul in the box. or tug shirts deliberately, and the ref makes a non-call, are those players supposed to stop the play, hold the ball and go walk up to the ref and say, "Damn it old chap, are you bloody blind?  Didn't you see me foul that French bloke?  Why didn't you give them a penalty you shit house wanker?"

It was the responsibility of those officiating the game to make the call!

Where did I say that Henry should have admitted to the ref that he handled the ball?

I didn't, you stooge. So learn to actually comprehend what you read, and save your worthless YouTube links for someone who gives a rat's ass.

Asswipe you posted an article which stated that he should have...and then you made the remark that he was responsible.....for Ireland's exit from WC2010..you Bushite moron.

What really pissed you off, the fact that I asked you to appeal to bush and Cheney to come clean?

I can understand well.  You insipid c**t.   You blamed Henry, Isay blame the game officials.

You cow nanny.

By the way, do you feel that Obama should have bowed to the Japanese Emperor?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:35:42 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2009, 03:26:25 AM »
Asswipe you posted an article which stated that he should have...and then you made the remark that he was responsible.....for Ireland's exit from WC2010..

Hey moron, just because I posted the article doesn't necessarily mean that I think Henry should have admitted the handball. And since you seem confused, I didn't write the article.

BTW, you know even less about my politics than you know about football.
- Xavi

truetrini

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2009, 04:44:13 AM »
Asswipe you posted an article which stated that he should have...and then you made the remark that he was responsible.....for Ireland's exit from WC2010..

Hey moron, just because I posted the article doesn't necessarily mean that I think Henry should have admitted the handball. And since you seem confused, I didn't write the article.

BTW, you know even less about my politics than you know about football.

Shut up, you followed the post with  stating the Irish had a right to blame Henry and not the ref.  Are you looking for the job as Sec. of State?  You starting to sound Like Colin Powell!

You lie!  Ypu blasted Republican.   ;)

1]; } ?>