March 29, 2024, 04:03:32 AM

Author Topic: Henry admits handball  (Read 22393 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Henry admits handball
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »
French rebuff replay calls
FFF won't back FAI stance
skysports.com

The French Football Federation (FFF) have refused to back the Football Association of Ireland's (FAI) call to replay their World Cup play-off.

The French booked their place at the World Cup finals next summer, after a highly controversial winner in their play-off clash on Wednesday.

Thierry Henry handled the ball before setting up William Gallas for the winner.

Since then Henry has admitted to handling the ball, and stated he thinks a replay would be fair.

Both the FAI and Irish captain Robbie Keane have responded to Henry's comments by calling on the FFF to ask Fifa for a replay - something the world's governing body have already stated will not happen.

But the FFF have refused to back the stance that a replay is needed.

In a statement, the French authorities said: "The FFF understands the disappointment and bitterness of the Irish players, management and supporters.

"The federation never sought to deny the refereeing error which saw the equalising French goal allowed.

"During matches, decisions are taken by the referee and these decisions are final. As a result, the result of the match cannot be changed and the match cannot be replayed."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »
Dais why they going home in the first round, just like in 2002.....ah going to get a little doll made in Henry's image.....ah bet he doh take de field for the entire tournament..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2009, 04:46:07 PM »
Dais why they going home in the first round, just like in 2002.....

If dey keep Domenech as coach they surely will and they'll deserve to go home.

But if they install a PROPER COACH...they could win de whole damn ting!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2009, 09:29:08 AM »
Hypocritical peoples in football! Let's face it if the situation was reversed, would NI agree to a replay? No chance!  :whistling:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2009, 09:33:49 AM »
Hypocritical peoples in football! Let's face it if the situation was reversed, would NI agree to a replay? No chance!  :whistling:

cough*ROI*cough  :beermug:

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »
Yes he broke the rules (francomen too), but unfortunately bending/breaking of the rules happens all the time in sport. Most sportsmen at that level even make sure they know the rules well to know how far they go before breaking them.

Henry's handball is no different than Jordan taking a 3 step pivot or pushing off of defenders because he knows he could get away with it. Henry "try a ting" and it worked. That's what the referees are there for, and it was up to the ref to call it....end of story.

The bleeding hearts could argue ethics and fair play but the end result is still what Henry wanted......France qualify.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »
Henry is not to blame. It is the referee and linesman!

We all watching this replay in slow motion, but the game is not played in slow motion. He handled the ball, just as many other players do on a daily basis. He should have be booked by the referee. It is the referee fault for POOR officiating and the lines man for a poor job. Henry is still a boss!!!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
Henry prove that most athletes believe a win is a win and if yuh get get away with $hit well lucky u and hard luck for de next person.  I hope France get nuff licks in de World Cup and Henry get send off in de first minute of de first game and miss the entire tournament.  Never like France and hate dem even more but not as much as I hate England...doh cuss mih Small Mag... ;D
[/quote

would you of said that if it was Trinidad and Tobago getting into the world cup on the same hand ball....i hope Henry and company beat people went that time come

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2009, 05:40:41 AM »
French hand-wringing over dubious win

For a nation not particularly known for its moral qualms - it once hailed a head-butting footballer as a hero - the French feel surprisingly chastened about their questionable qualification for next year's World Cup.

Reactions to Thierry Henry's handball, which led to the goal that sent the national team to the South African finals at the expense of the hapless Irish, have ranged from embarrassment to outrage.

The incident in Wednesday's game has been commented on in newspapers, on websites, and in cafes up and down France.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
But didn't they use the camera for the last world cup with the Zidane incident when Italy play France.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »

Oh..and this

FIFA, football’s world governing body, has announced an extraordinary general meeting in Cape Town on December 2 to discuss a series of pressing matters.

Thierry Henry's handball in the World Cup play-off game against Ireland, the discovery of a match-fixing ring by German police and trouble surrounding the Algeria-Egypt qualifier are all expected to be on the agenda.

The executive committee was already due to meet on December 3 on Robben Island to discuss the draw to be held the following day.

"Due to recent events in the world of football, namely incidents at the playoffs for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, match control (refereeing) and irregularities in the football betting market, the FIFA president [Sepp Blatter] has called an extraordinary meeting of the Executive Committee," said a FIFA statement.

Ireland's Football Association formally asked for a replay of the France-Ireland draw after Henry’s blatant handball, which FIFA refused, and on Friday German police said they had dismantled a match-fixing gang with more than 200 suspected members operating in nine European leagues.

The Egypt-Algeria qualifier on November 14 in Cairo and subsequent play-off in Khartoum four days later were also surrounded by controversy. Twenty Algerian fans were injured in clashes with Egyptian fans across the Sudanese capital that night and according to Algerian press reports, crowds of football fans attacked homes of Egyptian workers in south-eastern Algeria.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »
But didn't they use the camera for the last world cup with the Zidane incident when Italy play France.

No I think the ref saw it straigthaway and issued a red... maybe he consulted with the linesman, if that.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2009, 11:55:15 AM »

No Sam if they had used video, they would have seen Materazzi deliberately throw his chest into Zidane and Zidane reaction was to use his head to protect himself  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »

No I think the ref saw it straigthaway and issued a red... maybe he consulted with the linesman, if that.

I don't think he saw it, I think he had to consult with the other officials.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »
I can't understand why people on Henry case.

He admitted it.
He told the Ref.
He admits that there should be a rematch.

The only people who have a right to be still bitter nonetheless is the Irish.

The man has shown much more class than Maradona or Crouch ever did.

Ah sorry for Ireland but is not like Henry eh give a f*&*.

Honestly if TT had qualified like that and the Ref didn't see...who here would feel sorry or the opponent and want a rematch?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
I can't understand why people on Henry case.

He admitted it.
He told the Ref.
He admits that there should be a rematch.

The only people who have a right to be still bitter nonetheless is the Irish.

The man has shown much more class than Maradona or Crouch ever did.

Ah sorry for Ireland but is not like Henry eh give a f*&*.

Honestly if TT had qualified like that and the Ref didn't see...who here would feel sorry or the opponent and want a rematch?

VB

Robbie Keane heself handle the ball twice in that game and get ketch... you have time with dem Irish, steups.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2009, 02:13:23 PM »
Heard on the news somewhere that Henry wants or wanted to retire from international football after the incident.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »
Heard on the news somewhere that Henry wants or wanted to retire from international football after the incident.

Yep read it in a newsday article.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:40:39 PM by TriniItalian »
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »
This whole incident is a transvestite of justice.

lol

I doh get it...?
travesty
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Davy Jenny!

arhm doh know about dat..............seemed like ah perfectly good pun to me

I didn't understand the relation to transvestite...like if it were R9 I woulda get it  ;)

where the poster worm? Interested to hear his thoughts on the whole incident

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2009, 06:58:15 PM »
I didn't understand the relation to transvestite...like if it were R9 I woulda get it  ;)

"Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process..."

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2009, 07:05:02 PM »

I realize I kill it, but now I genuinely curious as to what I miss, cause I think "transvestite" was used intentionally  :thinking:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:08:23 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2009, 08:13:11 PM »

Multiple rongs doh make ah rite but all dese rongs does hinge on de reff RONG DOINGS.Dey have ah habit of panderin to dey favorites.Certain players & countries enjoy  ' FAVORITE PLAYER/NATION STATUS ' from dese reffs depending on who playing who. This ' FAIR PLAY BANNER ' that FIFA does fly should have ah fine print on de bottom saying,
' we reserve de right to be excepted '.Them Fackers iz under no obligation to pretend dey fair.Dey is de catalyst fuh all this bachanall wid dis preferential treatment ting,a la Isreal / Arabic conflict.
This is what Brazil have bin known to be always up against.Until FIFA fix this,is business as usual.

I COSIGN © weary1969,Trinimassive,elan,DeSoWa,Trinity Cross,Observer & others.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2009, 01:58:11 AM »

I realize I kill it, but now I genuinely curious as to what I miss, cause I think "transvestite" was used intentionally  :thinking:

Remember Bitter's famous use of "Bolivian" a few years ago?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »
What's the big deal? There is no justice in football people... Maybe some of you should make a switch to American Football where the camera is the decider on calls.

Henry did the right thing, if the ref don't blow the whistle play on. He is not the ref. he is the French Captain.

What you expect him to do infront of goal.. stop? walk up to ref and say "hi ref the ball bounced of my hand blow ur whistle please it's an Irish free kick"

The honesty of it all is, France won the tie in Ireland and outplayed them in Paris.

btw I wanted the team in red to win.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:20:44 AM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2009, 04:36:02 AM »
Henry did the right thing, if the ref don't blow the whistle play on. He is not the ref. he is the French Captain.

What you expect him to do infront of goal.. stop? walk up to ref and say "hi ref the ball bounced of my hand blow ur whistle please it's an Irish free kick"

The honesty of it all is, France won the tie in Ireland and outplayed them in Paris.

Henry did the right thing by cheating ? interesting view I must say and if you if you think France outplayed them in Paris you are very deluded.
ps France is my second team
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2009, 06:48:15 AM »
Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place

Fifa's Sepp Blatter has revealed the Republic of Ireland have requested a spot in the 2010 World Cup finals as an extra team after their play-off defeat.

The Republic lost to an extra-time goal against France when Thierry Henry handled the ball during the build-up.

"I will bring it to the attention of the Executive Committee," said Blatter. 

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2009, 07:24:29 AM »
Maybe we should ask Fifa for a special spot for the 1974 team. The ref. blatantly disallowed legimate goals.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2009, 07:27:25 AM »
Exactly, then Costa Rica will protest to.

We could also protest for the game when we played Haiti in 1973....  :devil:

Ireland, get over it...

But from here on FIFA needs to create a device to make better decisions during games, go to the tv for repaly or something.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>