April 25, 2024, 09:35:57 AM

Author Topic: Henry admits handball  (Read 22638 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2009, 07:47:48 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: dem fuh real?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2009, 10:14:39 AM »
Blatter real good oui...he ent come out and say "no"...
"I will bring it to the attention of the Executive Committee," said Blatter.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »
Yeah they were cheated out of the spot and i'd have agreed with a replay but requesting an extra spot .....please .............ridiculous ..... let it to f**k go

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »
next thing u know they go just show up at the world cup in south africa with their gear, entourage and fans saying "we come so far. give we a sweat nah?"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »
next thing u know they go just show up at the world cup in south africa with their gear, entourage and fans saying "we come so far. give we a sweat nah?"

;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2009, 12:48:26 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2009, 01:07:25 PM »
they trying a ting

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2009, 02:18:37 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
oh laaaawwwdddd........this is the best forum in the world bar none!!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2009, 03:40:44 PM »

FIFA Executive Committee
The Executive Committee consists of a President, elected by the Congress in the year following a FIFA World Cup™, eight vice-presidents and 15 members, appointed by the confederations and associations. It meets at least twice a year, with the mandate for each member lasting four years, and its role includes determining the dates, locations and format of tournaments, appointing FIFA delegates to the IFAB and electing and dismissing the General Secretary on the proposal of the FIFA President. (Art. 30 and 31 of the Statutes).

President
Joseph S. BLATTER   Switzerland   

Senior Vice President
Julio H. GRONDONA   Argentina   

Vice President
Issa HAYATOU   Cameroon   
CHUNG Mong Joon   Korea Republic   
Jack A. WARNER   Trinidad and Tobago   
Ángel María VILLAR LLONA   Spain   
Michel PLATINI   France   
Reynald TEMARII   Tahiti   
Geoff THOMPSON   England   

Michel D'HOOGHE   Belgium   
Ricardo Terra TEIXEIRA   Brazil   
Mohamed BIN HAMMAM   Qatar   
Senes ERZIK   Turkey   
Chuck BLAZER   USA   
Worawi MAKUDI   Thailand   
Nicolás LEOZ   Paraguay   
Junji OGURA   Japan   
Amos ADAMU   Nigeria   
Marios LEFKARITIS   Cyprus   
Jacques ANOUMA   Côte d'Ivoire   
Franz BECKENBAUER   Germany   
Rafael SALGUERO   Guatemala   
Hany ABO RIDA   Egypt   
Vitaliy MUTKO   Russia   

General Secretary
Jérôme VALCKE   France 

There will be no replay...no special spot for N.Ireland..........forgetaboutit. For goodness sake the damn General Secretary of FIFA and one of the friggin V.President are from France.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »
Yeah they were cheated out of the spot
How exactly were they cheated out of a spot?

Was the goal a "golden goal"?  Did the game cease the moment the ball went into the net from Gallas?

Why couldn't they score in the reamining time left in the game?  There was a full 16 minutes left in the game.  More than enough time to get an equalizer.

Let's say the goal did not count, who's to say they would have qualified anyway?  Would they have been guaranteed to win on penalty kicks?  Who's to say France would not have scored another goal before that?

What about the chances they missed prior to the goal?  Were they cheated by John O'Shea, Kevin Doyle & Robbie Keane when they missed glaring chances?  Would they be in the WC if it wasn't fuh dem misses?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »

Was the goal a "golden goal"?  Did the game cease the moment the ball went into the net from Gallas?

Why couldn't they score in the reamining time left in the game?  There was a full 16 minutes left in the game.  More than enough time to get an equalizer.

Let's say the goal did not count, who's to say they would have qualified anyway?  Would they have been guaranteed to win on penalty kicks?  Who's to say France would not have scored another goal before that?

What about the chances they missed prior to the goal?  Were they cheated by John O'Shea, Kevin Doyle & Robbie Keane when they missed glaring chances?  Would they be in the WC if it wasn't fuh dem misses?

As much as I don't think France deserves to qualify based on what happened, even if Henry didn't handle the ball the tie (all things being equal) would be 1-1 on aggregate. That's not enough to ask to be included into to the World Cup. How would that work anyway... a group with 5 teams ?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »

Because one of the goals (the one conceded in France) that knocked them out was illegal.  

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »
Wow, I agree with Palos.... how were they cheated out of a spot.  ;) ;)

I think they just lost a lot of credibility by asking for a free spot in 2010.  They are absolutely grasping at straws now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:53:32 PM by College »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »
ireland go suk yuh moma. why u didnt win yuh first game at home?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2009, 08:07:10 PM »

Palos this isn't something you and I gonna agree with obviously, but it's really quite simple to me. Despite what chances were missed or created, they scored a legal goal and the goal that was scored against them by France was illegal! Wether the ref missed it or not it was "not" a legit goal and should not have been allowed . As a direct result of this illegal goal they lost the tie and missed out on qualifying ...you could twist it anyway you want these are the facts and they are undeniable!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
Palos this isn't something you and I gonna agree with obviously, but it's really quite simple to me. Despite what chances were missed or created, they scored a legal goal and the goal that was scored against them by France was illegal! Wether the ref missed it or not it was "not" a legit goal and should not have been allowed . As a direct result of this illegal goal they lost the tie and missed out on qualifying ...you could twist it anyway you want these are the facts and they are undeniable!

Shit happens.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »
ever heard of the "Bosman Ruling" ??... shit happens
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2009, 12:33:09 AM »
Maybe we should ask Fifa for a special spot for the 1974 team. The ref. blatantly disallowed legimate goals.

I agree with Ireland.  Let's either replay the game or give them a spot.
And since we're at it...let's revisit the 1973 CONCACAF qualifying tournament and either replay the Haiti v TT game or give TT a spot in the 1974 WC.  Then of course we will have to replay the WC so that we could get it right.  And while we at it, there are several questionable calls and non-calls in the qualifying tournament this year.  Let's set up a committee to review the video evidence of all the games and get it right once and for all.  It is about time we get rid of all these human errors, idiot referees and officials.  It is only fair! (And by the way, France has already won a WC, so why can't Ireland get a chance too!)
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2009, 02:43:07 AM »
I love how men telling Ireland to forget it and move on yet daily men talking about 1974!
Imagine if the goal Bahrain score against us when de ball get kick out of Jack hands had stand..............fells would still be talking about it today!

By the way I saw an interesting view on Sky sports that Ireland does not expect to get an extra spot but is trying to make it as uncomfortable for FIFA as possible so that something is done about bringing in video replays.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 10:34:48 AM by superoli »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2009, 09:01:08 AM »
FIFA ends Ireland dream

FIFA dashed any lingering Irish hopes of playing in next year's World Cup finals on Tuesday by declaring it would be impossible to add a 33rd team to the tournament.

Irish players protest to Martin Hansson after the hand ball goal
• Brady labels Blatter an embarrassment
• Maher: Time for Ireland to move on

FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke told a news conference three days before the draw for the finals in South Africa that Ireland should not entertain hopes of being given an extra place because of France's controversial handball goal against them.

"I wouldn't say it's a nonsense but it is impossible," he said. "There's no hope to give that there will be any more than 32 teams at the World Cup in South Africa."

FIFA president Sepp Blatter revealed on Monday that Ireland had requested a place at the finals in addition to the 32 qualified teams because they felt cheated by Thierry Henry's controversial goal for France in their playoff match.

Valcke said that, as Ireland had made an official request, the matter would have to go before Wednesday's organising committee meeting in Cape Town. But he said Blatter, who runs soccer's world governing body, had told the Irish very clearly they had no chance of success.

Valcke said there would be too many organisational problems to overcome and that other teams who felt penalised by wrong refereeing decisions could also come forward and make similar claims.

"We had 853 qualifying matches," Valcke said. "It's sad that we are talking about just one game."

link
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2009, 10:38:34 AM »
maybe FIFA should explain how they decided to change the process for qualifying when they suddenly realised that Portugal and France could end up not qualifying

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »
maybe FIFA should explain how they decided to change the process for qualifying when they suddenly realised that Portugal and France could end up not qualifying

People rather see Portugal and France...even now...than Bosnia and Ireland.

That's just the way it goes.

As it is, neither Portugal nor France were guaranteed to move on.  They still had to play the matches.

If FIFA had to maipulate the draw so that teams that have attraction worldwide avoid playing each other in a playoff, so be it.  That's a "perk" of being a "BIG SIDE" with "BIG PLAYERS"

Bosnia should beg FIFA fuh a spot too seein dat dey play all over Portugal in BOTH legs and were extrremely unlucky to lose.

Life eh fair.  Get over it.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »
Do we really want the perfect game of football? Can't believe how many people have this notion of and ideal sport, cannot happen.

I love the game the way it is, all the bacchanal, errors and disappointment I love it. The idea that anything can happen is thrilling. I really don't want to watch a sport where other people off the field are basically calling the shots.

How many goals did Ireland score in the second game? I was always thought that if you don't score you cannot argue about being cheated. France did what they had to do, score a goal. Now it was up to the refs to either allow the goal or take it away. On the field the ref is i charge and if you score the only person who can say it is a goal is the center ref. Once he/she makes that decision then it stands.

Leave the game alone.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2009, 11:40:01 AM »

I don't see what the big deal over this is, since the playoffs for the 2006 WC were seeded, too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA_play-off)

Or did FIFA initially say that the draw would be random, and then change it to a seeded one?
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »

How many goals did Ireland score in the second game? I was always thought that if you don't score you cannot argue about being cheated.

Ireland did score...what are you talking about? 

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2009, 02:45:08 PM »

How many goals did Ireland score in the second game? I was always thought that if you don't score you cannot argue about being cheated.

I wrote how many goals did Ireland score in the second game? I never wrote that they did not.

What are you talking about?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

I wrote how many goals did Ireland score in the second game? I never wrote that they did not.

You asked how many they scored in the second game, and then followed it by saying "I always thought that if you don't score, you can't argue about being cheated"....

Well, they DID score a goal in the second game....so how does that affect the second part of your statement (bolded above?)

First of all you can argue about being cheated even if you don't score...if you concede an illegal goal you were cheated, whether or not you scored...a 0-0 draw earns more points than a 0-1 loss....so you're not making any sense.

Secondly they did score in the second game...so what's your point?

They conceded a goal that should not be allowed i.e. they were cheated.  I don't know why people are being so hard-headed about that.

Do they deserve a spot in the WC? I can't answer that- too many variables, ultimately they will have to concede defeat to the tough and unfair laws of reality/life...Reality bites, or as BNS put it- shit happens.....

but were they cheated? Absolutely!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:00:51 AM by kicker »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2009, 04:19:56 AM »

I don't see what the big deal over this is, since the playoffs for the 2006 WC were seeded, too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA_play-off)

Or did FIFA initially say that the draw would be random, and then change it to a seeded one?

yes they decided to change the rules on 29th September

"The draw for the European World Cup play-offs was held in Zürich on 19 October 2009. FIFA announced on 29 September 2009 that it would introduce a seeding system. Many of the second seeded teams felt cheated by FIFA. The eight teams in the draw were divided into two pots of four; France were seeded along with Greece, Portugal and Russia, while Ireland were unseeded, alongside Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia and Ukraine. Ireland were drawn to play France, with the first of their two games to be played in Ireland on 14 November 2009.The way the seeding process was handled led some to claim at the time that UEFA had changed the rules half-way through to favour to the higher profile teams like France and Portugal, preferring them to qualify over smaller nations"

Palos you say they still had to win their games but the difference is without seeding France could have played Portugal then one of them would defintely have gone out of the world cup whereas with seeding then they both had a chance to go through.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2009, 10:17:24 AM »

You asked how many they scored in the second game, and then followed it by saying "I always thought that if you don't score, you can't argue about being cheated"....

Well, they DID score a goal in the second game....so how does that affect the second part of your statement (bolded above?)

First of all you can argue about being cheated even if you don't score...if you concede an illegal goal you were cheated, whether or not you scored...a 0-0 draw earns more points than a 0-1 loss....so you're not making any sense.

Secondly they did score in the second game...so what's your point?

They conceded a goal that should not be allowed i.e. they were cheated.  I don't know why people are being so hard-headed about that.

Do they deserve a spot in the WC? I can't answer that- too many variables, ultimately they will have to concede defeat to the tough and unfair laws of reality/life...Reality bites, or as BNS put it- shit happens.....

but were they cheated? Absolutely!

They did score one, which was and is not enough to get them to the Wc. They needed a second goal, no? Plus they did not score at home.

They weren't cheated. You are implying that the refs saw the hand ball and deliberately allowed the goal to stand.

1]; } ?>