May 29, 2024, 12:13:18 AM

Author Topic: 2009 Holiday Food Drive  (Read 4799 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Holiday Food Drive
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »
FINAL ROLL CALL LOCAL BASE

Jah Gol
Ann 3 Boys
Brownsugar
Organic and his peeps
Dcs
Jus cool (D other 1)
Patriot
Weary 

The hampers have been delivered and behalf of Organic (whose brain child was the food drive) I would like to say thanks to the fourmites both local and foreign. 10 families have benefitted from your generosity. As the hampers were being packed the reason for the warrior nation existence came to mind. The 2006 WC qualification led to the birth of the warrior nation.

Today 2009 many of the players who took us to the WC is still in battle for their money. So indirectly 10 families have benefitted because we qualified for the 2006 WC. So let us continue to support Hislop, Jack, Sancho, John(S), John (A) Gray, Whitley, Glen, Wolfe, Wise, Birchall, Jones, Samuel and Charles.

Photos and story to follow

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 05:29:42 AM »

Jah Gol
Ann 3 Boys
Brownsugar
Organic and his peeps
Dcs
Jus cool (D other 1)
Patriot
Weary 

The hampers have been delivered and behalf of Organic (whose brain child was the food drive) I would like to say thanks to the fourmites both local and foreign. 10 families have benefitted from your generosity. As the hampers were being packed the reason for the warrior nation existence came to mind. The 2006 WC qualification led to the birth of the warrior nation.

Today 2009 many of the players who took us to the WC is still in battle for their money. So indirectly 10 families have benefitted because we qualified for the 2006 WC. So let us continue to support Hislop, Jack, Sancho, John(S), John (A) Gray, Whitley, Glen, Wolfe, Wise, Birchall, Jones, Samuel and Charles.

There is more than one Jus cool??  ???

Oh yeah.....good going Warrior Nation!!! :applause: :applause:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 05:56:52 AM »

Jah Gol
Ann 3 Boys
Brownsugar
Organic and his peeps
Dcs
Jus cool (D other 1)
Patriot
Weary 

There is more than one Jus cool??  ???

Oh yeah.....good going Warrior Nation!!! :applause: :applause:

Yeah meh gyul who does come ftball wit meh.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 07:49:43 AM »

Jah Gol
Ann 3 Boys
Brownsugar
Organic and his peeps
Dcs
Jus cool (D other 1)
Patriot
Weary 

That's great.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 08:20:14 AM »
Very Well Done to ALL who made this possible :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
Very Well Done to ALL who made this possible :applause: :applause:

COSIGNNNNNNNNN

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »
Well done to all involved  :applause:

With Organic not around and the Canadian branch of the WN in shambles, there wasn't anyone to "urge" me to get involved and it totally slipped my mind. Maybe next year we can do as Organic did a couple yrs ago (I'll be willing to donate my time if necessary).

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 09:59:02 PM »
Well done to all involved  :applause:

With Organic not around and the Canadian branch of the WN in shambles, there wasn't anyone to "urge" me to get involved and it totally slipped my mind. Maybe next year we can do as Organic did a couple yrs ago (I'll be willing to donate my time if necessary).

Well Jumbie take d baton and run d next leg and organize d Canadian branch of WN.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Putting food on the table
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 07:39:05 AM »

For the 2009 holiday food drive, the Warrior Nation teamed up with Ms. Maude Phillip, a Medical Social Worker for St. George West, to present the food items to ten needy families.

Read more...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 08:15:51 AM »
I would like to especially thank Weary for all the hard work she does every year in helping to orgainse the food drive. With out her Major efforts the Drive would not take place. Thank you very much . :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »
I would like to especially thank Weary for all the hard work she does every year in helping to orgainse the food drive. With out her Major efforts the Drive would not take place. Thank you very much . :beermug:
cosign !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 08:58:23 AM »

No problem is a labour of luv

1]; } ?>