March 29, 2024, 12:04:17 AM

Author Topic: WIGAN should be relegated instantly  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
WIGAN should be relegated instantly
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

Sorry meh boy scotty but Wigan should be banned from the EPL after allowing a side to beat them
9-1, even joe public wouldn't have lossed by that land slide,

In recent years ok 6-0 , 5-0 etc but 9-1 is just redic

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: WIGAN should be relegated instantly
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 04:58:20 PM »
I just saw the highlights, and I have never seen a performance as dominant as that. Wigan's goal was a handball!  :rotfl:

Amazing that this is the same Wigan side that beat Chelsea  :beermug:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8269672.stm

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »
BM here... why ???

so should Spurs be in the Champions league ???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »
Imagine Wigan went from beating powerhouses

to being trounced by minnows....Roberto Martinez for Prime Minister?  ???
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 1st touch

• Jr. Warrior
  • Without a good 1st touch yuh is a spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »
Being this is the professional level (EPL no less), this score real hard to understand, analyze, reason, just about anything...
This is definitely one of those cases where the players and everybody associated with the club, must have real short term memory, or the season just got extremely long

1st
If yuh looking, yuh sure to find it...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
One time a man said he fren teeth so big, he could play bite fuh bite wit aligator. Tottenham and Wigan play the open style of football. Wigan however, isn't ready to to play bite for bite with Spurs.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »
I really hope dem players eh go to collect any pay packet till January. Very very unprofessional
approach, with a complete lack of pride.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 06:00:15 PM »
i now watch the second half...

Erik Edman in the left back get eat off by Aaron Lennon for at least 5 of the goals.. Almost all of the goals came from that side of the field and the defending was shambolic. Lennon rip up that right side..

You go tell me Martinez as a coach sit watching all this taking place and do nothing about it? Make a sub, bring Nzogbia in the left back or switch tactics and double team Lennon? Nah, come nuh, do something man? Leaving Edman 1 v 1 with Lennon whole game was just wickedness..

And i know this go sound kicksy given the scoreline, but Scotty actually work hard for his side up front.. He not getting shots in though.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 06:08:17 PM »
Football really could make a man feel like a drug addict boy.........day start off wit a nice high watchin AC vs Cagliari.....then it was a low boring affair watchin' portsmouth and stoke (I eh know why I eh check out GolTv to stay high!) back to watchin' a Defoe and Lennon show.......what a day!   Rehab!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »

Palos for President!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 06:43:24 PM »
spurs was just on like boil corn

every shot they take went it.

not much wigan could do at least 5 of them goals was unstopable

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »
it was jes one of those days for wigan where everything that could go wrong did....poor fellas

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 08:45:04 PM »

Spurs eh no minnows.

One of those rare occasions though when a defense is terrible enough and the other team's finishing is on.

Ouch and a half Wigan  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 08:42:44 AM by xixgon »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »
and the score had on the stoke vs portsmouth.........all of ONE goal score in dat match....hohum  :yawning:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
fellas if i were a defender and it was 5-0  trust meh defoe would have felt my presence somehow.
its called professional fowls. you mean my side under so much pressure and no body throwing  a tackle
no body even get a yellow or nuddin, those wigan players just didnt seem to care and the keeper gave up.
keeper should have been cussing his defenders right through.

never the less give jack his jacket defoe & co took all their chances well

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 09:37:30 PM »
BIG team dey... Spurs!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
them fellas scored 8 goals from the 50th min thats straght beast mode jeez were dey any defence being played?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 09:40:49 AM »
them fellas scored 8 goals from the 50th min thats straght beast mode jeez were dey any defence being played?

Dey could play whatever defence they want. Press Triangle for the through pass, R1 to speed up, hit them a dribble with the right analog stick and then circle to buss the net!

Fuh real though, after 6, it shoulda be a kung-fu movie, straight kick-up.
But then yuh check it, Spurs score in 2 clusters

Jermain Defoe (51)   
Jermain Defoe (54)   
Jermain Defoe (58)   
Aaron Lennon (64)   
Jermain Defoe (69)

Then at the death

Jermain Defoe (87)
Chris Kirkland (og 88)   
Niko Kranjcar (90)   

Maybe between 69 and 87, yuh trying to get the consolation goal. (Nice handball btw, where is the outrage?), but after 87, is time fuh some monkey boxing.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 09:53:09 AM »
One other thing. Days like yesterday, does just make me more vex that Sven leave Defoe out of the 2006 WC to carry an injured Owen and Rooney, coming off a broken metatarsal. The man was in form. We'll see if it happens again. Kinda reminiscent of them leaving Barnes on the bench until it was too late vs Argentinain 86.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Wigan players to refund fans after Spurs slaughter
By Soccernet staff

Wigan Athletic's playing staff have offered to reimburse the entrance fees for all supporters who travelled to White Hart Lane to witness their 9-1 destruction at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.

Spurs equalled the record for goals scored in a Premier League game when producing a ruthless second-half performance, with Jermain Defoe scoring five goals to equal the record jointly held by Andy Cole and Alan Shearer.

After suffering such acute embarrassment, Wigan's players will now personally refund the admission price paid by every Latics supporter who attended the game in North London.

"We feel that as a group of players we badly let down our supporters yesterday (Sunday), and this is a gesture we have to make and pay them back for their tremendous loyalty," Melchiot told the club's official website.

"There's not a lot else to say, just that as a group of professionals we were embarrassed by the way we performed. We feel it was below our standard and this is something we feel we owe to the fans.

"Now we have to draw a line under the game, focus completely on training this week and bounce back on Saturday. We are professionals, we will take it on the chin and move on, but it's important that we do not take our supporters for granted."

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez said after the game: "It was unacceptable and unexpected. The way we defended in key moments was not good enough. I am embarrassed as it's a result we don't want to be associated with. We need to move on quickly and give a good reaction in the next game."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »

After suffering such acute embarrassment, Wigan's players will now personally refund the admission price paid by every Latics supporter who attended the game in North London.

pressure

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »

pressure

For immediate implementation by the TTFF.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 12:42:58 PM »

pressure

When T&T lose by 8 goals to another team in international competition...sure.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »
fellas if i were a defender and it was 5-0  trust meh defoe would have felt my presence somehow.
its called professional fowls. you mean my side under so much pressure and no body throwing  a tackle
no body even get a yellow or nuddin, those wigan players just didnt seem to care and the keeper gave up.
keeper should have been cussing his defenders right through.

never the less give jack his jacket defoe & co took all their chances well

yeah but all the same, is Martinez to blame.. you cyah watch one man getting skin out so and not do anything..

i remember Wenger bring on Eboue second half and take him off.. Mourinho take off Joe cole after 20 mins in the game.. Imagine Edman sweat de whole 90..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »
Almost every goals came down Wigan left side, now it was not only the left back, but left central defender. My guess is the manager look down the bench and saw that he had no choice. But oh shit is Professional players we talking about! You telling me they could not  slide over and double up on the left side. It sort of reminded me of Cyd Gray's horror show in Costa Rica (sorry to throw that out). Maybe the Manager did it deliberately to send a message to the board we need to buy in January  :thinking:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 01:36:31 PM »
Almost every goals came down Wigan left side, now it was not only the left back, but left central defender. My guess is the manager look down the bench and saw that he had no choice. But oh shit is Professional players we talking about! You telling me they could not  slide over and double up on the left side. It sort of reminded me of Cyd Gray's horror show in Costa Rica (sorry to throw that out). Maybe the Manager did it deliberately to send a message to the board we need to buy in January  :thinking:

Blame Angus Eve fuh poor Cyd's showing.  Dah man avoid helpin Cyd like if Cyd did shag he gyul de night before or sumting.

Besides....ah doubt was Edman debut for Wigan!  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 01:44:09 PM »

pressure

When T&T lose by 8 goals to another team in international competition...sure.

OK
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »
One other thing. Days like yesterday, does just make me more vex that Sven leave Defoe out of the 2006 WC to carry an injured Owen and Rooney, coming off a broken metatarsal. The man was in form. We'll see if it happens again. Kinda reminiscent of them leaving Barnes on the bench until it was too late vs Argentinain 86.

Lemme come to find out you's ah Hengland fan...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 03:04:51 PM »

Lemme come to find out you's ah Hengland fan...

Nah, 1966 must remain the only high note.

But that doh mean yuh cyah watch the games and see what going on. In 86, England wasn't looking threatening in that game until Barnes come on.  Back then men was saying is because he black. Fuh all the ways Fenwick does behave like a backside, he never could say how he ent kick down Diego on the 2nd goal.

If you check Defoe form in the league in 2006, it's hard to justifiy leaving him out of the squad for Rooney, who had a broken foot, Owen, who didn't play for months, and Walcott, who was still a schoolboy.  is just a Sven thing, I suppose.

I could make similar comments about any number of teams, but this thread is about the beatdown that Wigan collect, with 5 goals coming from Defoe.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »
Nah, 1966 must remain the only high note.

But that doh mean yuh cyah watch the games and see what going on. In 86, England wasn't looking threatening in that game until Barnes come on.  Back then men was saying is because he black. Fuh all the ways Fenwick does behave like a backside, he never could say how he ent kick down Diego on the 2nd goal.

If you check Defoe form in the league in 2006, it's hard to justifiy leaving him out of the squad for Rooney, who had a broken foot, Owen, who didn't play for months, and Walcott, who was still a schoolboy.  is just a Sven thing, I suppose.

I could make similar comments about any number of teams, but this thread is about the beatdown that Wigan collect, with 5 goals coming from Defoe.

You eh have tuh tell me... 86 was the year I started rooting fuh England because of men like Barnes, Robson, Lineker, Hoddle and mih childhood hero, Shilton.  Still root fuh dem to this day... only time ah ever root against England was in Germany when we play dem and de commemorative friendly sumting last year.

Very much like being a Mets or Knicks fan.

1]; } ?>