April 26, 2024, 05:12:47 AM

Author Topic: Apple iTouch.  (Read 6428 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Apple iTouch.
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:23:02 AM »
Guys, I didn't want to buy the iPhone because AT&T is to expensive. I end up buying the Touch, 3G.

Can anyone give me some tips on it.

Can I get a GPS Navi system on it etc etc...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Apple iTouch.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
Guys, I didn't want to buy the iPhone because AT&T is to expensive. I end up buying the Touch, 3G.

Can anyone give me some tips on it.

Can I get a GPS Navi system on it etc etc...

I've had one about 6 mos now... what you need to know specifically? 

Search the Apps store from the iTouch and go from there... there may be a Nav program out there but I don't think any are free... which is what I limited my searches to.  The only App I bought was a workout module from Men's Health, which is excellent. 

I also don't need the Nav because I also have a T-mobile Touch which is powered by Android.  Android 2.0 is about to be released for upgrade and features a full-fledged turn-by-turn Navigation App for free.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:16:19 AM »
Well, what ever you know, like any tips, great downloads, games, apps etc/....

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »
you got to be specific SAM. I dont have one but I have the LG Incite and I believe alot of the apps are the same.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 11:24:24 AM »
Well, what ever you know, like any tips, great downloads, games, apps etc/....

Well since I last posted I uploaded Google Maps 2.0 on my T-mobile Touch, which comes with free turn by turn navigation... I completely understand why some reviewers were saying this would put Garmin and dem out of business.  This thing is facking brilliant!!  Free spoken turn by turn navigation with the power of all of the maps developed by Telenav Systems for Google.  I'm not sure if it is available for the iTouch but again, search the Apple App Store.

Hard for me to tell you what's good because there are thousands of apps and people coming out with stuff every day... but a couple I like are the mobile banking one for Bank of America, Urban Spoon (helps you find restaurants close by), currency converters (there are a few), Mens Health workout app (only pay app I purchased, pretty good), there are a couple games... but I ent have the patience for them handheld games thing. There's a keyboard one... which has the notes of the piano as a keyboard... that's pretty cool, there's one similar but it's a drum kit, one of my favorites is the customer loyalty card app... you find your grocery store or drugstore from the list and find the correct barcode... next time you're in the checkout line you don't have to fish for the right card, just pull it up on your iTouch and flash it at the screen to get your shopping discount.  Literally too many to mention.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »
one of my favorites is the customer loyalty card app... you find your grocery store or drugstore from the list and find the correct barcode... next time you're in the checkout line you don't have to fish for the right card, just pull it up on your iTouch and flash it at the screen to get your shopping discount.  Literally too many to mention.

I think that app is called Card Star
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:26:40 PM »
one of my favorites is the customer loyalty card app... you find your grocery store or drugstore from the list and find the correct barcode... next time you're in the checkout line you don't have to fish for the right card, just pull it up on your iTouch and flash it at the screen to get your shopping discount.  Literally too many to mention.

that alone is worth getting the iPhone for
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »

Yeah Card Star it is. 

A couple others I have is Nike+ for running... stores the data from your runs, calories burned, distance traveled, time etc.  This is free, but you need to buy the sensor that fits in your shoe from Nike ($30).  If you're into running it's worth it... but you could also get a cheap pedometer and find a similar program online where they'll chart your runs for you.

I also like iTalk, which turns the iTouch into a digital voice recorder... but you need to buy the external mic for it.  iHandy Level is pretty cool too... if yuh into DIY projects like me it pretty much works like a digital level.

Aside from the apps... the Safari browser and iTouch music players are top-notch, browsing experience better than any hand-held device I've seen out there, including my T-Mobile Touch and the BlackBerry.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 10:02:27 AM »
Tap Fish is ah wicked game.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 07:16:08 AM »
Apple iTouch 4th Generation is good allyuh, get it.

Does T&T sell Apple iTouch and is it the real one or the one from China ? and what is de cost for it in T&T ?

Ah want to bring thing to sell...

What about de Apple iPhone selling in T&T.

1]; } ?>