April 28, 2024, 08:54:12 PM

Author Topic: The Yellow Submarine ( Villareal ) leads the La liga race  (Read 5591 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Yellow submarine outshines the Greeks
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »
Well done...

Always a silent threat...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
real men does secretly back teams like this... they dont have the cachet of a real or a barca but they does knock a good brand

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 12:55:16 PM »
we leading de spanish invasion of Europe folks !!!!  Big big side done fall by the way side ....
The submarine now takles its place among the top 8 teams in Europe .
Go Villareal !!!!
I eh know how dem big side eh tief we coach yet but I go enjoy it for as long as it last.
those who love the passing game will rate this side among the best in the world...we still a little light , especially up front ..ah did make ah plug for Anelka before de season start but dey eh take me orn ..now I eh tink we could get him ...but you never know ...
Rossi, the Man U reject and Senna , the other Man U reject have shown that one man's poison could be another man's meat.
as long as injuries doh kill we , dem other teams go feel de heat.
I gorn

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »
real men does secretly back teams like this... they dont have the cachet of a real or a barca but they does knock a good brand
yeah we eh have de war chest ah dem top teams but we have de warrior spirit...you can never count this team out.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yellow submarine on the way up
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »
Is so long that  I eh big up meh side that some may be wondering if ah jump submarine ......but ah still on board .
yes the journey has begun ...we were actually dead last in La Liga not too long ago . That however was short lived as the yellows have begun their ascent...6 straight wins at home in the madrigal..dais wah we talkin bout !
included is a 4-1 thrashing of lazio in which comments similar to those goiven below abounded...

When Villarreal plays like it did on Sunday against a Valladolid team that traditionally causes us problems, it makes my job that much easier. And more pleasant :) .Three winners:

◦Nilmar. Good thing I stuck with him when the goals weren’t flowing, because now I can gloat :) . Simply put, Nilmar was fantastic. He’s the only striker on our team who could have scored the first goal, and his hustle on the second reminded me of Llorente. Add in the Brazilian flair to score on his initial header, as opposed to Llorente against Tenerife, and you have a real crack. And I love how excited he is to be here. Smiling is contagious.
◦Damian Escudero. Instinctively I had Nilmar as the top winner, but Escudero was very impressive as well. The Argentine midfielder was absolutely everywhere against his former team. He was brilliant on the left, such as the cross to set up Nilmar’s goal, and he also wreaked havoc in the middle of the field and on the right. No wonder Pires was so high on him in the preseason. Even with Cazorla on the mend, Escudero deserves more chances to prove his worth.
◦Ernesto Valverde. If you wanted a full display of his coaching philosophy, you got it on Sunday. Pressure high up the field, quick counterattacks, and lots of pace in the lineup. Notice that every older/slower player was paired with a younger counterpart who ran his socks off. For example, Senna was matched with Bruno in central midfield, Pires with Escudero on the wings, etc. This may be the way for Villarreal to play both a possession and high pressure system…or maybe that’s too much to conclude from a home win against Valladolid. Either way, this was the best tactical game of his reign.

1]; } ?>