April 19, 2024, 05:00:35 PM

Author Topic: Would you stay if he cheated?  (Read 14523 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Would you stay if he cheated?
« on: November 30, 2009, 01:01:11 PM »
Infidelity doesn’t cancel out love
Bobie-lee Dixon
Published: 30 Nov 2009

A woman may feel that she lacks sufficient proof that her spouse or significant other is actually having an affair.
Bobie-lee Dixon
What would you do if you found out that the boyfriend you considered to be prince charming, was nothing but a liar and a cheat? He was the best boyfriend you ever had. He treated you like a princess and made sure you were happy almost all the time. He rubbed your feet and took you to the beach quite often, he even cooked for you and would slow dance with you before it was “that time.” In your mind, you kept saying a little prayer for hope that it would last. “Thank you Lord for this wonderful man you sent into my life; he’s just perfect,” were the words from your heart. Now you are stuck between an apology and treachery.

Why women stay with men after they cheat
Most women who learned they were cheated on by their husbands or boyfriends often stay. Why? According to American infidelity examiner Ruth Houston, many people find it hard to understand why a woman would choose to stay in a marriage or a relationship with a man who has cheated on her, or who has a history of extramarital affairs. There are millions of women, who for various reasons, have chosen to stay with a cheating mate. Houston revealed that in her years of experience as a counselor, she has found the following being some of the main reasons why women may stay with a cheating husband or a boyfriend. She also indicated that these reasons may make sense only to the woman involved in such relationships.

Convenience—
It may be more convenient to stay with the cheater for the time being, until certain legal or financial measures have been put into place.

Financial reasons—
a woman may be financially dependent on her cheating mate.

Not willing to give up lifestyle—
leaving a wealthy or prominent man may mean that a woman has to give up a lavish lifestyle that includes a luxurious home, fancy car, expensive clothes and jewellery, exotic vacations and more.

Insufficient proof of infidelity—
A woman may feel that she lacks sufficient proof that her spouse or significant other is actually having an affair.

For the sake of the children—
some women feel that children should be raised in a two-parent home at all costs.

Fear of change—
leaving a long-time mate is a life-altering decision. A woman may be afraid to make such a drastic change in her life.
Low self esteem—a woman may have so little confidence in herself that she feels unable to make it on her own.

Bad timing—
the current economic situation, a serious illness, or any number of other problems may mean that leaving the cheater has to be put on temporary hold.

Thinking the cheater will change—
a woman may truly believe that a husband or boyfriend with a history of cheating will eventually change his cheating ways.

To achieve career goals—
remaining in the marriage or relationship with the cheater may be instrumental in the achievement of the woman’s career goals.

Hoping counselling will help—
if the couple, or the cheater himself is getting professional counselling, the woman may be hopeful that this will help.

Fear of being alone—
some women simply do not want to live without a man in their life and feel that even a cheating man is better than no man at all.

Loyalty—
a woman may feel that loyalty to her husband or mate overrules infidelity on his part. She may be determined to hang in there with him to the bitter end.

Religious beliefs—
for some wives, divorcing a cheating husband goes against their religious beliefs.

Desire to keep the family intact—
there are wives who believe it’s important to keep up the illusion of an intact family, despite the their husbands’ having affairs.

Belief that it won’t happen again—
a woman may feel that her husband’s or boyfriend’s infidelity is an isolated incident that will never happen again.

Love—
Infidelity doesn’t instantly cancel out love. A woman may still be very much in love with her husband or boyfriend, despite the fact that he has cheated on her.

Think

For every woman who has been faced with the reality of a cheating husband or boyfriend, no one but themselves can make the decision to stay or leave. A woman should examine her situation carefully before making her final decision. But, she must also keep in mind, though the cheater might be sorry for what he did, it doesn't mean it can't happen again. Love first knows respect; cheating can lead to the destruction of a beautiful home.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Would you stay if he cheated?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:52:55 PM »
Weary what does all of this say about a woman's ability to love and respect thy self first?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:08:55 PM »
Stop hatin on Tiger

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
Jus remember it have 2 sides to de story ok. :devil: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »

3 sides actually. Hers, Yours and dey truth!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:16:05 PM »
Weary what does all of this say about a woman's ability to love and respect thy self first?

Gyul some of dem reasons pitiful like d women who game up wit dem especially wit d # of STI's. So I guess dey go have d finances to deal wit d illnesses like cervical cancer from d number of sexual pardners dat dey inherit from dey pardner.

3 sides actually. Hers, Yours and dey truth!!

COSIGNNNNNNNNNN

CO
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

Gyul some of dem reasons pitiful like d women who game up wit dem especially wit d # of STI's. So I guess dey go have d finances to deal wit d illnesses like cervical cancer from d number of sexual pardners dat dey inherit from dey pardner:

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »
All woman know how de bread butter oui

90% of woman who marrid:
Ah average or poor man and he cheat...de woman pack up she ting and gorne

Ah very wealthy man and he cheat...she willing to 'work past it'

Tiger wife embarrased she get horn
Tiger embarassed dat he wife beat up he ass in de road and leave him unconscious
...but dat viking eh goin no whey
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 10:45:49 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 05:47:06 AM »
how yuh know Tiger cheat..... ::)

give meh some evidence nah man
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 05:58:23 AM »
All woman know how de bread butter oui

90% of woman who marrid:
Ah average or poor man and he cheat...de woman pack up she ting and gorne

Ah very wealthy man and he cheat...she willing to 'work past it'

Tiger wife embarrased she get horn
Tiger embarassed dat he wife beat up he ass in de road and leave him unconscious
...but dat viking eh goin no whey
Then again she could always take half or do like Berlusconi ex and make him pay 40+ million a year.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »
Dutty if d man poor she leavin him 4 who? If she wit a poor man she probably worse off unless she mindin him then she will leave him.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »
Since this is a male driven forum, my question is: Would you stay with her if she cheated?

All the fellas can do is speculate on what we would do. But what would YOU do?
_______
I realized after asking the question that because it is a male driven forum, fellas may not want to talk true...
 :devil:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:12:32 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »
Since this is a male driven forum, my question is: Would you stay with her if she cheated?

_______
I realized after asking the question that because it is a male driven forum, fellas may not want to talk true...
If I have to go and fight up in court and my assets get liquidated so she could get half, I wouldn't bother. 

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
so it's an economic decision for you too?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 10:13:53 AM »

_______

<a href="http://media.imeem.com/m/XlT_z21Nnj/aus=false/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://media.imeem.com/m/XlT_z21Nnj/aus=false/</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8dWo72fJELg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8dWo72fJELg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vnMz9bzu_Ww" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vnMz9bzu_Ww</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »
so Tallie, what does this mean?
You staying you going?
You staying married but going outside too?
what?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 10:53:12 AM »
so Tallie, what does this mean?
You staying you going?
You staying married but going outside too?
what?

Honestly, although it would bruise de ego, I feel yuh could work through de situation.  If is ah habitual ting den yuh gotta go, but is only de individual dat it happen to would know whether or not it worth saving. Ah mean after all, people does do all kinda shit in ah relationship. Why does a sexual transgression be so high up in de scale? Me eh relly know, ah jes aksin.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »
Honestly, although it would bruise de ego, I feel yuh could work through de situation.  If is ah habitual ting den yuh gotta go, but is only de individual dat it happen to would know whether or not it worth saving. Ah mean after all, people does do all kinda shit in ah relationship. Why does a sexual transgression be so high up in de scale? Me eh relly know, ah jes aksin.

If she stepped out on you because you're not giving her the time or attention she needs it's one thing. If she stepped out because you're failing to please her, it's another. If she stepped out because she is loose like that, it's another story again. There are many reasons for a woman to step. If she is a 'good' woman, she won't do it lightly either. That's when you have to look closely at the man in the mirror.
Yes it is all individual. Then too, when you have other people putting in their 2 cents it becomes a matter of pride and a lot of other unnecessary things come in to play. Suddenly everybody is an expert on your marriage.

I think the transgression aspect is high because folks talk about the 'sanctity' of marriage. Sharing your chosen mate, especially today, seems a little too much for the western mind to embrace.

Fellas like Bob Marley were married, publicly served as the village ram, yet, Rita stayed close. We still admire him and avoid the 'whole' of him. A woman does that and the name-calling fly like spit from a vagrant.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »
it is not a black and white issue..

but generally speaking (although this becoming less so) sexual transgressions hold different connotations for a woman than a man. and no i not talking about social norms or expectations, i talking about wiring.. men from venus, women from mars..

commenceth the uproar...

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »

but generally speaking (although this becoming less so) sexual transgressions hold different connotations for a woman than a man. and no i not talking about social norms or expectations, i talking about wiring.. men from venus, women from mars..

commenceth the uproar...

yuh accustom to uproar? LOL
Yes we're wired differently they tell us.
But I recall some years ago, in a conversation with my gentleman-friend and 2 other close friends (not as close as Anya's friends eh?). The topic was relationships. And (I will blame the wine), I said a woman should be able to have different men for different needs without society calling her names.
Well..lawd...good ting ah had meh vex money chook in meh brassiere... :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:25:53 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 02:52:46 PM »

commenceth the uproar...

yuh accustom to uproar? LOL
Yes we're wired differently they tell us.
But I recall some years ago, in a conversation with my gentleman-friend and 2 other close friends (not as close as Anya's friends eh?). The topic was relationships. And (I will blame the wine), I said a woman should be able to have different men for different needs without society calling her names.
Well..lawd...good ting ah had meh vex money chook in meh brassiere... :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »
If is just a girlfriend especially if no children involved it eh hard to walk out. I find that is a big deal. It real hard to go back to normal after that. Especially if yuh see it live.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 04:05:28 PM »

_______

If my wife cheated the marriage is over, no long talk, no screaming fit just me walking out the door.  It's not a matter of pride or forgiveness but one of trust.  To put it simply I would never be able to trust her again and I can't spend my life with someone I don't trust.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 06:15:56 PM »

_______

If my wife cheated the marriage is over, no long talk, no screaming fit just me walking out the door.  It's not a matter of pride or forgiveness but one of trust.  To put it simply I would never be able to trust her again and I can't spend my life with someone I don't trust.
:beermug: :beermug:
As my granny use to say "look beyond love!"
I have to agree, I will not stay. Once that trust and honestly is gone in a relationship, it is not possible to share my bed with you. I will never deny my kids to see their father. Although he will not be a part of my life, he is still part of theirs. But when they get older and start asking questions, I won't lie. Children smart and they understand more than we give them credit for.

Bottom line is women and men put all their eggs in one basket. Nobody thinking, okay put aside some in case of emergency or just in case of disappointment.  I call that protection. People assume once they married a joint account comes after. People assume once they married, everything is shared, including car, house and valuables.  People assume once they married, everything they owned prior to should be sold or given up.
A friend of mine, before her marriage or seeing him, purchased ah 2 bedroom house, has a car and assets from some investment thingy. 3 years of marriage, the house is rented (extra income), she still has her car and the investment is still there building. That is her protection, in case of disappointment. Her husband is aware of this, and I'm sure he has his protection set up already. It's not like they expect something to happen in the relationship, but you never know.

So for people to say "oh gawd I cyah leave because of the children or finances"......10 years ago I would have accepted that excuse, not today.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 07:57:35 PM »
My grandfather and his wife typical of that. She realise de scene from early....and only had one chile with him....and more times dan not does jus be home inside. Me eh kno how she coping with dat...buh she accustom it seems. And even in he 70's it eh changing.....I have an aunt that's 1 year old from wha i heard.....
I doh think i could be selfish enough to put somebody through dat nah.

From what i have noticed however......if a man horning....it somehow tends to be seen as him being greedy.

If a woman horning....yuh tend to hear..."Oh he wasnt meeting this need or that need.."

Rel men who working offshore....who married.....fully well know wha does be happening in that 2 weeks that they on de rig working like a dog. Some doh fight up..cuz de stress eh worth it......some doh even bother to commit.....and does patronize villa etc. Some who married go jus give dey wife whaever so she eh go disturb dem and dem doing wha dey want. I cyar see de sense i working hard to provide and I getting dat kinda treatment....buh.....everybody does see things different.

If it eh have no trust..it eh have no point. And i know while i might be willing to work with it....it go be hard....and i eh certain wha i go do.

The thing is.....think how hard it might be to meet ALL ALL ALL of a woman needs adequately......
The females here might be able to quantify them in terms of importance or if i leave out any...buh from wha i gather it mostly is....

Financial Security
Quality Time
Emotional Connection
Similar Ideals and Goals
Sexual Pleasure

add to the rest please...

The jobs that pay the best are the incidentally tend to be ones where you real demands are placed on your time. Unless you want a man selling drugs......the two would be mutually exclusive for a while.

Emotions would only go so far....and I sure if anything falling short.....it would put a strain on that connection.

Dahs how i see it.....I not female.....buh.....understanding a scene before yuh get into a problem important.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 08:06:19 PM »

From what i have noticed however......if a man horning....it somehow tends to be seen as him being greedy.

If a woman horning....yuh tend to hear..."Oh he wasnt meeting this need or that need.."

In this time man and woman greedy alike. I not getting tie up with that at all.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »

In this time man and woman greedy alike. I not getting tie up with that at all.

Exactly. Buh yuh go hear de apologetics for dem....

"Oh..he wasnt givin she enuff time...."
"He couldnt support me...."

In both instances is greed. Humans eh perfect....hold strain with wha yuh have....unless is a genuinely abusive and unhealthy situation. Buh people who gone and mash up a relationship dat didnt have no major problems doh get no sympathy from me at all.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
"From what i have noticed however......if a man horning....it somehow tends to be seen as him being greedy.
If a woman horning....yuh tend to hear..."Oh he wasnt meeting this need or that need..
" - Bourbon

Okay, from a woman's perspective, that is one of the main reasons. But my question to that is, why show off and promise the world while dating or for the older heads - courting, while you wearing your brother drawers? Show your true colors. If she still hanging around when she knows you could only organize ah KFC 3 piece on ah Friday night, then you set, because then she knows this is what you can offer to the relationship. ;D But no, ya paying for expensive dinner and behind the woman back you hadda pay back some frien' ya borrow dey money from.

She tell you she's ah gouti in bed but when ya watch dey scene she like ah mosquito in ya ears. You gone looking for ah mute.  So I guess it goes both ways.  

Anyway I dunno, I could only speak for myself. Forget embarrassment, financial issues, family (both sides) and what friends say, it all boils down to you and your self respect yes!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 08:53:53 PM »
"From what i have noticed however......if a man horning....it somehow tends to be seen as him being greedy.
If a woman horning....yuh tend to hear..."Oh he wasnt meeting this need or that need..
" - Bourbon

Okay, from a woman's perspective, that is one of the main reasons. But my question to that is, why show off and promise the world while dating or for the older heads - courting, while you wearing your brother drawers? Show your true colors. If she still hanging around when she knows you could only organize ah KFC 3 piece on ah Friday night, then you set, because then she knows this is what you can offer to the relationship. ;D But no, ya paying for expensive dinner and behind the woman back you hadda pay back some frien' ya borrow dey money from.

She tell you she's ah gouti in bed but when ya watch dey scene she like ah mosquito in ya ears. You gone looking for ah mute.  So I guess it goes both ways.  

Anyway I dunno, I could only speak for myself. Forget embarrassment, financial issues, family (both sides) and what friends say, it all boils down to you and your self respect yes!

Me eh goin thru dat. I up front...cuz dah way yuh eh go get no surprises. Buh den it goes both ways...why wear weave and yuh hair long like rice grain? Why wear makeup? People often due to a lack of satisfaction with deyself go give a favorable picture that may not always be true.

Another theory i've heard is that some women have this fairy tale complex.

Explanation:
One time on a radio show.....they had people call in and asked them to recount what they remembered from various fairy tales. Generally women were able to recount..and recount with detail those fairy tales better than the men. They postulated the theory that women were all thought to think of romance in fairy tale terms.....Prince Charming comes in and sweeps them off their feet....or they kiss a frog and turns into a prince....and of course the happily ever after. And this obviously is within a fantasy realm....whereas these women left to live in the real world. And it makes sense...if you ask girls what their perfect idea of a first date would be...they giving yuh real detail. Romance novels......where yuh getting a setta descriptions bout how and how not. Women universally have a fondness for weddings...in fact quite a lot start planning their weddings from like 9 and ting. So yeah....dey expect so much.....and men doh think like dat.....would obviously not see it like that...and thus.....problems start. Den yuh meet some mamaguy man who know wha chords to pluck....yuh eat a chain up and gone and cause rel problems.

One of my favorite songs is Prophet Benjamin- Pretty Boy. I does rel laff with it....cuz i see it happen nuff times. People gone chasing waterfalls....and realise dey bounce dey head. Is to laff at dem....cuz two birds in de bush does always seem better dan one in hand. So...if is dah wha yuh did want...is dah wha yuh did want.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:00:19 PM by Bourbon »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »
Oh yes..i now remember me and my brethrin did find a book by he father entitled Horn and Horn Management.
Rel good.

We did scan it to pdf and ting.
Look it here

1]; } ?>