April 26, 2024, 03:25:59 AM

Author Topic: Would you stay if he cheated?  (Read 14561 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: Would you stay if he cheated?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2009, 08:48:02 AM »

What would you do? is a complex question and the answer is "it depends".

My initial reaction was not dissimilar to PantherX.  i.e the trust was violated. But in retrospect. it depends on what precipitated the event.  It all depends.

I'm with you there Pecan. It depends.
I like to think I have a strong relationship with my mister. It would take some monumental shift for either of us to stray at this stage in our game. Life has a way of making a mess out of the best laid (no pun) plans.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2009, 11:09:57 AM »
Well breaking news from msNBC this morning....

A female was transported to the hospital on life support from Tiger house late lass night....
Unidentified!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34323757/ns/sports-golf/

OCOEE, Fla. (AP) - Tiger Woods' mother-in-law was admitted to a hospital with stomach pains early Tuesday, a hospital spokesman said.

Someone called 911 from the golfer's Orlando-area mansion about 2:35 a.m.

Tiger's Troubles Can't get enough? We've got all the latest on Tiger. 
Barbro Holmberg was taken by ambulance to Health Central Hospital, where she was in stable condition later Tuesday, hospital spokesman Dan Yates said. He said her condition was not serious but he could not be more specific because of privacy laws.

Holmberg, who arrived in the U.S. a few days ago, lives in Sweden and is the mother of Woods' wife, Elin.

Health Central is the same hospital where Woods was treated after he crashed his sport utility vehicle outside his home last month.

Yates said Holmberg was in a private room and the family has hired additional security to keep the media away. He said family members have visited her, but he would say who.

"She's in a wing that helps protect her privacy," Yates said.

Media attention has been focused on the world's No. 1 golfer since he hit a hydrant and a tree around 2:25 a.m. on Nov. 27.

The Florida Highway Patrol last week cited Woods for careless driving and fined him $164.
The accident - and Woods' refusal to answer questions about it - fueled speculation about a possible dispute between him and Elin.

Just days before the crash, a National Enquirer story alleged Woods had been seeing a New York nightclub hostess, Rachel Uchitel, who has denied it. After the crash, Us Weekly reported that a Los Angeles cocktail waitress named Jaimee Grubbs claims she had a 31-month affair with Woods.

Last week, Woods issued a statement saying he had let his family down with unspecified "transgressions" that he regrets with "all of my heart." He did not elaborate.

A police report on the crash released Monday showed that a Florida trooper who suspected Woods was driving under the influence sought a subpoena for the golfer's blood results from the hospital he was taken to after the crash, but prosecutors rejected the petition for insufficient information.

A witness, who wasn't identified in the report, told trooper Joshua Evans that Woods had been drinking alcohol earlier. The same witness also said Woods had been prescribed two drugs, Ambien and Vicodin.

The report did not say who the witness was but added it was the same person who pulled Woods from the vehicle after the accident. Woods' wife, Elin, has told police that she used a golf club to smash the back windows of the Cadillac Escalade to help her husband out. His injuries were minor.

The sister of a neighbor who called 911 after the crash told troopers that Holmberg and Woods' mother, were also at the scene, but the AP has not been able to confirm that.

Eva Malmborg, a spokeswoman for Holmberg, said she could not comment on Tuesday's reports.

Malmborg confirmed Holmberg had taken a week's leave from her job as Gavleborg county governor in central-east Sweden, but said she did not know where Holmberg had gone.

There was no sign of emergency workers later Tuesday morning at the Woods' gated community, where luxury SUVs and cars drove in and out as a few reporters and television news trucks milled around outside.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 06:25:18 PM »
Did this post come out before the Tiger incident? If so, we real have goat mouth.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »
Did this post come out before the Tiger incident? If so, we real have goat mouth.

Nah it was after
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »
I thought this SNL bit on Tiger situation was kinda funny (sorry don't know how to embed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01tIerAhzfk

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 07:43:03 PM »
I thought this SNL bit on Tiger situation was kinda funny (sorry don't know how to embed).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/01tIerAhzfk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/01tIerAhzfk</a>

Check my quote u will see the code
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
dont chase.......replace.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2009, 09:55:18 PM »
Ah read this a long time ago....can't find the source regarding how  infidelity' is handled  generally by the different genders:

Women: " women tend to forgive men who engage in physical relationships more readily than males." Women are more unforgiving of their spouse  who is involve in an emotional attachment with another woman.

Men: " men tend to forgive women who engage more readily in emotional  connections with other men" However men are  not as forgiving of the woman who betrays him physically with another male.

Me eh know and I eh putting it to the test...ah just sharing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS ARTICLE SUPPORTS WHAT I JUST SAID ABOVE:

By Diana Vilibert and Abraham Lloyd
Is Emotional or Physical Cheating Worse?

He Said/She Said

ShaneKato

He Said: Cheating, when you whittle it down to its essence, is an expression of contempt. It's how we tell each other in sometimes subtle, other times obvious ways that we do not need our partners. It is how we punish each other for the frustrations we have in our common lives.

Sometimes we cheat to hurt our partners; other times we do so to hurt ourselves. We nurture other relationships to fill gaps or needs that remain unfulfilled with our partners and find substitutes for contributions to our lives that we wish they would meet, but unfortunately do not.

We cheat out of frustration, desire, anger, and resentment. To be fair, good things can sometimes come out of cheating. In the end, though, cheating inevitably hurts at least one person -- and usually more than that.

For men, physical cheating is more painful than emotional cheating because we, as a gender, relate to everything in a physical way first. This is our nature. We are possessive and protective of our partners in a way that is reminiscent of cavemen protecting cavewomen with spears and clubs.

Sure, we don't mind if you take a male friend shopping (secretly, some of us are thanking him). If we are out, though, we are always watching other men and aware of who is paying attention to you. When we leave you alone at an event, we scan the room to take an inventory of the men that noticed you, speak to you, and come close to you.

Does it seem a little silly? Possibly. In our defense, though, we can't help it; it's instinctual. The reality is that while we don't care with whom you shop, talk, eat, or text, we do care deeply about who looks at you, smells your hair, holds your hand, and takes you to bed.

For men, the act of learning about our partner's infidelity is, simply put, emasculating -- and the rejection that comes with this realization is painful. This pain, in turn, is only magnified by how much we care for our partners.

In the end, the reason that physical cheating is so painful is that we can envision it. We can play back the rendezvous in our mind over and over and relive our partner seeking comfort or escape in the arms of another. When you compare this to emotional cheating, it is clear why physical cheating is more painful to deal with, and why physical cheating leads to the end of so many relationships.

She Said: Without a doubt, when it comes to cheating, sexual indiscretions are the lesser of the two evils -- not because it's necessarily easier to forgive a partner's one-night stand, but because an emotional affair generally means the cheater has already thrown in the towel on your relationship.

Take the most recent political cheating scandal, for example. When Governor Mark Sanford revealed that he had been cheating on his wife, I was surprised to find that some people had sympathy for him on the grounds that he was in love with his mistress. Now, he says he's going to try falling back in love with his wife (how noble!). I won't be holding my breath.

Here's my issue with this claim, whoever makes it -- there is no such thing as accidentally getting a little too drunk and carrying on a passionate love affair. There's no emotional cheating equivalent to a one-night stand. It's generally quite a calculated and elaborate production to hide one.

That's not to say that physical cheating happens only under those one-night-only inebriated conditions, but purely physically cheating generally does -- if you're having a long-term sexual affair or hooking up with a friend who isn't your significant other, chances are that it's either a result of or has resulted in emotional infidelity as well.

So the problem isn't that one kind of cheating is more or less forgivable than the other -- it's that forgiving and forgetting isn't an option when your partner has emotionally cheated. Your partner doesn't want to be forgiven -- they want out. They want out but can't or won't pull the trigger, consciously or subconsciously forcing their partner to be the one who calls it quits.

In Governor Sanford's case, neither he nor is wife is doing that -- instead she'll try to forgive him for his infidelity while he tries to fall in love with her. I can fathom forgiving and moving past a boyfriend's one-night stand, but I don't know a single couple who has been able to continue dating after an emotional infidelity -- especially when, as in the governor's case, the cheater needs to make a concerted effort to fall back in love with his significant other.

Abraham Lloyd is a divorced dad, closet geek, and aspiring author dating in New York City. He believes all men should own at least five jackets, know how to dance, and pay on a first date. You can tweet him at twitter.com/abrahamlloyd.

Diana Vilibert is Marie Claire 's associate Web editor, a chronic oversharer, closet romantic, and blind-date addict. You can e-stalk her at diana-vilibert.com.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:02:28 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2009, 08:12:04 AM »

they get a lot of criticism for making fun of domestic violence
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2009, 12:25:21 PM »
Tiger's problem.. he kept it white! This is exactly why I could never condone the mixing of races. Black women would never go on tv/media with they business unless they want chile support.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »
Tiger's problem.. he kept it white! This is exactly why I could never condone the mixing of races. Black women would never go on tv/media with they business unless they want chile support.

<wispes away tears> :rotfl: :rotfl: listen Jumbie, meh makeup expensive man >:(
I ain't care who go find someway of being offended by your statement, but you damn right!!
Exact shit I said when oman #2 propped up and say dey frien'ing...
Not even ah book deal woulda make ah black woman talk....we have own way :rotfl:

I juss waiting on some woman from Barbados to say she rock back on he club too......

Will and Denzil allyuh hold strong eh....hold strong

I just want to know how the Enquirer found out. Did the one who squeel like a pig went to them or something?
Or did a photographer caught him doing something not worthy of a married man?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:11:49 PM by Rookmin »

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »

I ain't care who go find someway of being offended by your statement, but you damn right!!
Not even ah book deal woulda make ah black woman talk....we have own way :rotfl:

I juss waiting on some woman from Barbados to say she rock back on he club too......

I just want to know how the Enquirer found out. Did the one who squeel like a pig went to them or something?

is Denzel you call dey? ... he pretty much admit to horning long time ago on Barbara Walters... de ting is he know how to keep he pimp hand strong!

Tiger just want to throw waist all over the place and cyah manage the consequences
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2009, 02:01:23 PM »

oh ho, that explains everything ...  :rotfl:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »

is Denzel you call dey? ... he pretty much admit to horning long time ago on Barbara Walters... de ting is he know how to keep he pimp hand strong!

Tiger just want to throw waist all over the place and cyah manage the consequences

FF doh play nah man....ya lie :-[
Look lemme re focus on meh chinee midget eh!  >:(

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »

I eh know about Denzel... but Will eh have tuh horn, Jada dun say he could bull who he want as long as he bring dem tuh she first fuh approval.

She cyah act tuh save she life... but ah like she more and more with each passing day.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
Gorme, dis Tiger ting turning into a bad episode of Desperate Golfers.

Ah hear Mistress Elin want him to quit or slow down on golf. Will dat help? Look like it will give him even more leisure time to lace everything north of the equator. But it seems she is trying to gather the shreds of her dignity and keep her family together.

B&S,
As for poor Jada.
De red house fire lasted 10 times longer than her TV series. it was really REALLY bad but I watched it anyway because I like her.
She is another one like Rihanna that is in the wrong aisle of the store. Yuh know how sometimes you in de hardwares department and sombody chook a roll of charming inbetween de mix master and de de iron?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »
B&S,
As for poor Jada.
De red house fire lasted 10 times longer than her TV series. it was really REALLY bad but I watched it anyway because I like her.
She is another one like Rihanna that is in the wrong aisle of the store. Yuh know how sometimes you in de hardwares department and sombody chook a roll of charming inbetween de mix master and de de iron?

Wait... HawthoRNe gorn thru arready??  They never even gimmih enough time self tuh summon up de courage tuh check it out  :-[

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »
yeah boy it gorn troo quicker dan you could say BAD ACTING.
It was like watching George Bush trying to find his place on the teleprompter but I hung in there for every episode. It was probably trying to compete with the snow in Grey's Anatomy by offering a hospital show with darker actors. A nice looking Indian girl (Suleka Mathew) in it, is probably their strongest actor.

Dunno if it coming through for a 2nd season. If it does, it needs better writing and it needs to stop portraying Jada as Super Nurse. it was exhausting.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »
How Suleka hand and dem looking hard so?  She looking like she does knead flour fuh ah living.

Aks she tuh turn around fuh ah second nah... tell she something behind she  :-X

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2009, 11:39:16 AM »
heh...
dunt look like it have much dere but I will leave all yuh to fine out. I just googled and picked the first snap I found.

I once started a topic on my forum back in the 1700's on the features and attributes of people from different ethnicities and get so much boof. Ah done..  ;D

dunno her age, never looked. Hands tell the age of a woman...

but you know, in saying so. In Hawthorne, Suleka plays an leg amputee...dunno if it is real or not. It may explain the hands. I have no clue. Could be camera tricks.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:43:59 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »
It might'n have much but ah want tuh confirm before ah start paying she too much mind... she dun have tuh come good to replace mih woman Sarita Choudhury.

...whey yuh trying tuh say... Suleka does walk on she knuckles?

:rotfl:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »
one leg, not both...
gorme..

hmm..Sarita? A lil hardish not so? Not too familiar with her, maybe I grabbed an unflattering snap?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2009, 12:09:54 PM »
I don't know why Tiger wife eh tell all ah them to mind dey bizness, this is between she and she husband.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2009, 12:11:34 PM »
I don't know why Tiger wife eh tell all ah them to mind dey bizness, this is between she and she husband.

Not very realistic, he is in the public eye.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2009, 12:13:46 PM »
one leg, not both...
gorme..

hmm..Sarita? A lil hardish not so? Not too familiar with her, maybe I grabbed an unflattering snap?

Yeah not de most flattering pic, plus she ah li'l older now but ah love she bad... she was with Denzel in Mississippi Masala and Kama Sutra... among others.  Fuh ah time she was Mira Nair's muse.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »

Based on his MO of constantly being in clubs from Vegas, to Miami to NY it is clear that this was a  “well-known” secret on the club scene. The tabloids probably suspected for a while but were just waiting for something concrete to buss the mark.

It seems that his wife knew for a while as well. Is only so much a 30+ year old man could find to do in these kinda clubs where is one setta 18-25 year-old hooch all over the place.

But FF right Tiger move extremely dotish. He must have a love addiction or something because it can't be just about sex if yuh getting tie up in all these lovey dovey text conversations.

Cheating done wrong but he loss even more points for shitting on his wife to make these outside women feel special. Tiger is a big enough draw that he could get groupies without lying to them and making them think it is anything other than a brush he after. Like Tyrese say in 'Baby Boy'....

”Out on the street, I tell the hos the truth.
I lie to you because I care.”
And then communicating by text message, leaving voicemail, not having an unlisted pre-paid backup phone is bush league. All that is cause he grow up playing golf. All the pro basketballers study the player handbook well, from college right through to the pros. He shoulda get some mentorship from Jordan, Magic, Shaq and company.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2009, 01:37:31 PM »
And then communicating by text message, leaving voicemail, not having an unlisted pre-paid backup phone is bush league. All that is cause he grow up playing golf. All the pro basketballers study the player handbook well, from college right through to the pros. He shoulda get some mentorship from Jordan, Magic, Shaq and company.

i was gonna say this too...

i cyah understand how he dont have one single pardner that eh tell him he should have a burner phone. duhhh

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »
Who yuh think teach him to cheat... was Jordan self...!

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2009, 01:54:43 PM »
so the issue here is not that he slept around but that he didn't cover his tracks?

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »
so the issue here is not that he slept around but that he didn't cover his tracks?

ha ha ha de man is ah remedial horner
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>