April 19, 2024, 08:14:22 PM

Author Topic: Marion Jones wants to play in WNBA  (Read 1214 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marion Jones wants to play in WNBA
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
Ex-track star Marion Jones wants to play in WNBA
Associated Press, 11.30.09, 08:47 PM EST 

SAN ANTONIO -- Disgraced track star Marion Jones is training for a comeback - in the WNBA.

San Antonio Silver Stars coach Dan Hughes confirmed Monday night that Jones has been training with his assistants to possibly play in the WNBA, more than a year after the 34-year-old was released from federal prison for lying about her doping use.

The New York Times first reported that Jones has been working on her skills and conditioning in San Antonio since October. Jones told the newspaper she received a call in May from someone in the NBA asking if she might play in the WNBA.

Jones played college basketball at North Carolina.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marion Jones wants to play in WNBA
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:05:35 PM »
wasn't sure if this should go in T&F or other sports.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »
TnF is what the world knows her for. I would doubt if she will have a meaningful career at this age, but she is the most determined athlete maybe still, so she will make a team somewhere I think...
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 06:29:26 PM »
Who knows, who knows. I still rooting for her. You see Ato, if you had taken her under you wings she would not have been in that position.  :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 04:15:29 AM »
You know what i always have been a fan and whatever she did in her past was a mistake and she has learned from that and trying to make a new start so im behind her 100%. As Ato say there is little hope at that age BUT she is a very determined person! so i know she will be in that field at sometime in the near future.

1]; } ?>