March 28, 2024, 11:02:00 PM

Author Topic: Agree or disagree? Windies don't deserve to play test cricket  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Agree or disagree? Windies don't deserve to play test cricket
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:31:34 AM »
Tell them OZ and them haul they arse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »
What has Chris Gayle said recently about test cricket?

I'm sure we all remember.

So I will leave it to the members of this forum to come to their own conclusions.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »
Where one of the Grand Old Masters of the game ,how there they even suggest .And let Bangladesh play .After the change the rules so many times ,just so we cant be as dominant from Ramadins rule change the the one bouncers .

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 12:42:12 PM »
Actually I think what we need is more not less of the Test length cricket. We need match practice. Nobody will take a young footballer who can just kick a ball against a wall to play a full game. Same way we shouldn't expect these players who are accustomed to playing in 20/20 and 50 overs games to just be able to play for 4-5 days...it's difficult to make the adjustment and they must be trained...mentally and physically.
When you see these 20 and 23 year olds lagging on the field and ready to go home- shoulders dropping and feet dragging- you want to tell them just go -leave the field and keep walking....
even Gayle (well, I mean especially him, being captain and all) man just standing there in the field- no interest in the game at all...sorry getting off the track
anyway- the necessity now is for this team to remember why they are there- re-kindle the passion and the why they want to play- somebody needs to take them by the scruff of the neck and wake them up...there must be a team psychologist or even the team manager must play their part...time for the team to start to behave like adults..
we- the supporters deserve no less

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »
Actually I think what we need is more not less of the Test length cricket. We need match practice. Nobody will take a young footballer who can just kick a ball against a wall to play a full game. Same way we shouldn't expect these players who are accustomed to playing in 20/20 and 50 overs games to just be able to play for 4-5 days...it's difficult to make the adjustment and they must be trained...mentally and physically.
When you see these 20 and 23 year olds lagging on the field and ready to go home- shoulders dropping and feet dragging- you want to tell them just go -leave the field and keep walking....
even Gayle (well, I mean especially him, being captain and all) man just standing there in the field- no interest in the game at all...sorry getting off the track
anyway- the necessity now is for this team to remember why they are there- re-kindle the passion and the why they want to play- somebody needs to take them by the scruff of the neck and wake them up...there must be a team psychologist or even the team manager must play their part...time for the team to start to behave like adults..
we- the supporters deserve no less

Just put d TNT team in d maroon and call dem d WI I go b good wit dat. they cyah 2 worse.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:28 AM »
Tell them OZ and them haul they arse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I think what we need is more not less of the Test length cricket.

:beermug:  :beermug:  :beermug:

1]; } ?>