April 27, 2024, 10:56:01 PM

Author Topic: Roy Keane and Arsene Wenger - Arsenal Boss LAUDS KENWYNE JONES!!!!!!!!  (Read 6333 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane and Arsene Wenger - Arsenal Boss LAUDS KENWYNE JONES!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
That headline is very misleading.  It says that Highbury legend tips Wenger to sign Jones.  Before we even consider the content- who the f*ck cares what some highbury legend thinks....no disrespect to him of course but how does his personal opinion translate realistically into anything that Wenger is going to do?...or even actually thinking of doing.... 

Then when you look at the actual content, the guys says that Arsenal needs a big man up top, but they aren't gonna be able to pull a Torres or an Ibra...They could perhaps consider a Kenwyne Jones or a Carlton Cole....however these players will need time to settle, whereas Arsenal needs a quick fix!! 

Now men wishing KJ good luck and talking about it being a dream move?

That said, should Wenger be thinking along the same lines as this guy, and KJ actually gets a look/consideration...and actually gets signed, it could improve him significantly...but based on this article alone, I think the chances of this talk meaning something, and even more so translating into a real opportunity for KJ to feature for the gunners is so slim that it's barely if at all worth mentioning. (I have goat mouth though, so watch this space  :D )
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Roy Keane and Arsene Wenger - Arsenal Boss LAUDS KENWYNE JONES!!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 03:10:35 PM »
Interesting the opening post is 2 years old, its only a few months longer than we when last seen KJ be "unplayable" in a game. 

Cole wasn't even mentioned then but he is at least on a par if not beyond KJ now, as for Arsenal, more chance of me playing for them than KJ, been wrong before and will be again but I don't think I am on this one. 

1]; } ?>