April 26, 2024, 10:19:20 AM

Author Topic: U-20 W/Cup lifeline for Hyland and Joseph  (Read 2785 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
U-20 W/Cup lifeline for Hyland and Joseph
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »
U-20 W/Cup lifeline for Hyland and Joseph
By: Lasana Liburd (T&T Express).

Vranes urges starlets to turn professional

Trinidad and Tobago national under-20 coach Zoran Vranes invited talented teenage midfielders Khaleem Hyland and Sherron Joseph to challenge for a spot on his 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Youth Championships squad. Hyland and Joseph failed to show sufficient commitment to win a place in the squad for the ongoing CONCACAF qualifying series but Vranes revealed that the door was still open for the final tournament in Egypt.

Hyland, who represents Belgium top flight club SV Zulte Waregem, offered to play in the qualifiers but was ignored as Vranes explained he did not want to tamper with his team chemistry. Hyland's failure to train with the squad last year-even though he was not formally attached to any club-worked against him, according to the team coach.

Skillful Ma Pau midfielder Sherron Joseph was also not considered for the CONCACAF competition after his alleged repeated failures to turn up for national sessions.

But Vranes named the pair as possible additions to his World Cup squad while he also insisted that others might still force their way into his plans.

"I hope very strongly that Hyland joins my squad (for the World Cup)," said Vranes, after Friday's semi-final defeat to the United States on penalties. "I didn't close the door for several guys."

The Montenegrin-born coach is thrilled that the national under-20 team will compete in the 2009 Pro League and hopes to have as close to his full squad as possible.

Striker Jamal Gay, who signed for German second division club Rott-Weiss Oberhausen in January, and Hyland play in Europe and should be unavailable while Vranes must convince defending champions, Clico San Juan Jabloteh, to release central defender Robert Primus into his care. It is uncertain whether playmaker Sean de Silva, who is on scholarship at the College of Charleston, would be able to sacrifice several months of schooling to also join the squad.

"It is really important that we spend time together," said Vranes.

Scouts from several United States universities kept close tabs on the local starlets during the CONCACAF tournament. But, if it were up to Vranes, they would all leave Trinidad empty handed.

Team captain Leston Paul and Jabloteh and Fatima College utility player Sheldon Bateau received a lot of attention from the North American visitors but Vranes thinks they would be better off turning professional.

"If I were Paul and Bateau, I would choose football (over further education)," said Vranes. "If you miss two or three years (of high level football) at their age, it could make a big difference I think they can make it as professional footballers."

De Silva, whose father, Chris de Silva, is the national under-20 team manager, was named in the senior Trinidad and Tobago squad alongside Paul and Primus to face Panama in an international friendly on Wednesday. There was no recall for left back Akeem Adams or goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel, though, who also figured prominently in their successful World Youth Championship bid.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 06:02:02 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-20 W/Cup lifeline for Hyland and Joseph
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »
D to who should have gotten call was ignored. Why am I not shock.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:45:18 PM »
Akeem Adams deserves a call at least.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 12:05:54 AM »
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 01:18:23 AM »

Based on?

De MENS Senior team in de Hex.  Dat is de ultimate BIG MAN FOOTBALL.  Can he help de team RIGHT AWAY?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
I hope paul and bateau do turn professional  ... Heather MacKenz HOPE YOU ON TOP OF THIS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »

Based on?

De MENS Senior team in de Hex.  Dat is de ultimate BIG MAN FOOTBALL.  Can he help de team RIGHT AWAY?

so why call bateau and others?

of that under 20 team, leston paul and akeem adams are the two best candidates to make the senior team especially whe our left back is akile edawars.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »
education is a must .....
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »

Based on?

of that under 20 team, leston paul and akeem adams are the two best candidates to make the senior team especially whe our left back is akile edawars.

Which is why US scouts come down to watch de likes of Paul, & Bateau but NOT Adams.

Ah guess dat is also why Akile Edwards not only get WATCH but SIGNED by a MLS team.

I really doh understand de hate allyuh have fuh Akile Edwards but is allyuh perogative. 

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »

Based on?

Which is why US scouts come down to watch de likes of Paul, & Bateau but NOT Adams.

Ah guess dat is also why Akile Edwards not only get WATCH but SIGNED by a MLS team.

I really doh understand de hate allyuh have fuh Akile Edwards but is allyuh perogative. 

Tell dem Palos, tell dem!
Aklie go be worries in ah year or two.
Another standout on the U-20 was the #3, Gonzales who played sweeper at the back and read the game beautifully. The only disadvantage he has is his size, he is small for a CB, a la Juluis James!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:39:51 AM by palos »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »

Based on?

how you know scouts were not watching Adams ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 10:42:56 AM »

Based on?

Palos I'm not exaggerating. Akeem Adams is a better footballer than Akile Edwards. He has better technique, makes better decisions,marks better and tackles better too. He has already played some games at the senior level and did well.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »

Based on?

I sure dey watch him.  How could dey not?  He was on de field ent?

But me eh know dat dey was interested.  I jes takin a wile guess....but maybe dis might have a LITTLE sumting to do wit it...

Team captain Leston Paul and Jabloteh and Fatima College utility player Sheldon Bateau received a lot of attention from the North American visitors but Vranes thinks they would be better off turning professional.

"If I were Paul and Bateau, I would choose football (over further education)," said Vranes. "If you miss two or three years (of high level football) at their age, it could make a big difference I think they can make it as professional footballers."

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »

Based on?

Palos I'm not exaggerating. Akeem Adams is a better footballer than Akile Edwards. He has better technique, makes better decisions,marks better and tackles better too. He has already played some games at the senior level and did well.

I have to smile to myself yes.  Wit ALL due respeck...and YOU KNOW I respeck YOUR opinion...but I feel some peeps on here (and ah not sayin you) so convinced dat their ability to judge a players ability is so sound that even if a player prove otherwise, dey would prefer to continue wastin down de player rather than admit that PERHAPS, they were wrong.

Given how many of our National team players have been turned down in their quest for a place in the MLS...a place that has become increasingly competitive as the League grows, I go continue to stick by the judgement of those involved in assessing and selecting football talent as their profession as my guide.

Den again...maybe dey all wrong...de peeps here know better..and is Jack Warner who insist dat de MLS club sign he step chile
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:59:02 AM by palos »

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 10:55:34 AM »
glad some youths getting an opportunity - good move for brazil 2014.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 11:40:09 AM »

Based on?

I have to smile to myself yes.  Wit ALL due respeck...and YOU KNOW I respeck YOUR opinion...but I feel some peeps on here (and ah not sayin you) so convinced dat their ability to judge a players ability is so sound that even if a player prove otherwise, dey would prefer to continue wastin down de player rather than admit that PERHAPS, they were wrong.

Given how many of our National team players have been turned down in their quest for a place in the MLS...a place that has become increasingly competitive as the League grows, I go continue to stick by the judgement of those involved in assessing and selecting football talent as their profession as my guide.

Den again...maybe dey all wrong...de peeps here know better..and is Jack Warner who insist dat de MLS club sign he step chile

so wait nah, yuh eh playing judge too.  I not arguing with your opinion because opinion is opinion. By the way scouts are checking out akeem, both clubs and universities. 
u does act like u know everything.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:53:36 AM »

Based on?

I sure dey watch him.  How could dey not?  He was on de field ent?

But me eh know dat dey was interested.  I jes takin a wile guess....but maybe dis might have a LITTLE sumting to do wit it...

Palos your bolded suggest that it was colleges who were looking at the players.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »
Palos let me be the first to admit that I have been critical of Edwards in the past. I wouldn't call it hating though. I just find him to be very shakey as a defender, which is his first priority. Futhermore I would like to commend Edwards on his recent contract offer.

I will stick by my comparison between him and young Akeem Adams. It is true that Admas has performed with distiction in this "U20" tournament but it is also true that Adams has already played at senior level as well. Having seen many games of both players it is my view that Adams is better with and without the ball than Edwards. Edwards is an older player  and I congratulate him on his recent progress. However, I think Adams has more of the tools at a younger age to be success in international football.  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 08:51:08 PM »

Based on?

of that under 20 team, leston paul and akeem adams are the two best candidates to make the senior team especially when our left back is akile edawars.

Cosign

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »
What benefit it will have hatin Edwards he tief meh lunch?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »
Ah hear Sherron Joseph playing for Caledonia AIA now ? Ma Pau sell him or loan him, anybody know ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 09:23:09 PM »
Ah hear Sherron Joseph playing for Caledonia AIA now ? Ma Pau sell him or loan him, anybody know ?
I think he played against JP Monday.

1]; } ?>