April 28, 2024, 08:17:45 PM

Author Topic: Toffees 'to land Donovan'  (Read 23410 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Toffees 'to land Donovan'
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »
study this..

Donovan is the best player the USA ever produce yet still his accomplishment pale in comparison to Yorke, Latapy, arguably Stern and soon Kenwyne..

this is because for all de "good" he supposed "good", he is and always will be a rank underachiever!

he could not cut it at the top like the other concacaf greats i mentioned above.. or like a Hugo Sanchez of Mexico or even Julio Cesar Dely Valdez from Panama..

Donovan is a contextual shitong!! suck on that zeppo..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:12:00 PM by dinho »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2009, 07:21:31 PM »
Take a look at the date of that article.  At the end of the first loan deal, before he sought to extend it he clearly indicated his intent on returning to MLS.  It was only after the extension talks began that the controversy erupted over him missing the MLS season which hadn't even begun yet.  This article was from a full month before opening kick.

Wrong. The controversy began as early as January when Beckham stated how he wanted to permanently transfer to AC Milan. And it was not media "misinformation" as you claimed, but rather something that he clearly stated in that article. Again, from BBC:

Beckham was scheduled to return to Galaxy on 9 March, but wants to make a permanent move to the San Siro.

That is when the fans started to turn on him.

Beckham also returned to LA in June... season started in March, he missed two months.

Wrong again. The MLS season kicked off on March 19th and Beckham showed up for his first game on July 16th.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090716&content_id=5899842&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

That would mean that he missed four months -- over half of the regular season. And there's really no need for you to keep making shit up.

Is your head so far up Donovan's asshole that you're having problems reading and comprehending what's written?  Yes the dumbass fans turned on him in January, where did I say otherwise??  In fact I acknowledged that they turned on him from early when he initially aired his interests in staying in Milan.  What I did say, since English apparently isn't your first language... is that before the initial deal expired in March he announced his intent on returning.  The media misinformation I pointed to is that by the time the controversy reached mainstream media Beckham had already stated, and re-stated his plan to return to L.A. but the media wasn't focusing on that, only on the part about him wanting to extend the loan deal.

Whether he missed half the season or not he was twice the player he was after his return than he was before, since the subpar quality of the MLS clearly wasn't keeping him sharp.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:17:58 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2009, 07:48:07 PM »
study this..

Donovan is the best player the USA ever produce yet still his accomplishment pale in comparison to Yorke, Latapy, arguably Stern and soon Kenwyne..

this is because for all de "good" he supposed "good", he is and always will be a rank underachiever!

he could not cut it at the top like the other concacaf greats i mentioned above.. or like a Hugo Sanchez of Mexico or even Julio Cesar Dely Valdez from Panama..

Dinho people in football will argue that he has done better than Yorke and Latapy at an International level (Gold Cup, Confederation Cup, Copa America? WC etc). They will also argue that he has done better in head to head games with T&T and  on the WC big stage.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
Dinho people in football will argue that he has done better than Yorke and Latapy at an International level (Gold Cup, Confederation Cup, Copa America? WC etc). They will also argue that he has done better in head to head games with T&T and  on the WC big stage.

No question about that at all... we all know that Yorke and Latapy underachieved on the international level, most of it their own doing, but much of it as a result of the dysfunction surrounding the national program.  In fact, I'd say Stern John is about the only one who has had a comparable international career than Donovan, save for the WC appearances, with Donovan headed to his third straight.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2009, 08:19:54 PM »
study this..

Damn that lash hard!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
steups...i go have to see everton play before i put donovan in my fantasy side...maybe on the bench

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
De man real bitch bout Beckham, now he gone and do de same thing...steups.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2009, 10:40:21 PM »
Becks whipping in crosses like mad and not one of those shithong at LA Galaxy can score. Out of 100 or so corners only one goal. You joking right? And on top of that they give Donovan MVP. Why you think people does laugh at the MLS. Karma is a biatch, see he miss he PK when it matters.

Watch quality here. Show this to Donovan so he can see how to finish off Becks crosses.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/dCywAPBlOuU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/dCywAPBlOuU</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2009, 01:09:46 AM »
study this..

Observer.. If we talking the greatest players to come from this region, then they have to shine where the greatest players in the world ply their trade. And thats in the top European leagues..

By that position you take there, I could similarly argue that Ali Daei from Iran in Asia is the greatest player in the world because of all the goals he rack up in his confederation.. Or similarly i could place Kaziyoshi Miura and Hidetoshi Nakata as a class above Donavan.. You see what I getting at..

Some of the greatest players in world football have done nothing of note in the international game because of their weak national teams.. Ryan Giggs.. George Weah.. Jari Litmanen.. Dwight Yorke.. come to mind. Yet they have shown that they are a cut above the rest when they match up with the best players in the world.. It matters not what he did in CONCACAF, when his career is over, will anybody remember who Donavan was in a discussion about the greats of this game??

Not Mr. Donovan who scrub bench in Bundesliga then run back to MLS to shine at the lowest level.. then get a bly to run with Bayern Munich, pull Podolski, Klose and Schweinsteiger stones for a few games, only to run back to MLS again and look like somebody..

The man good, but he is a minnow in this game.. if he so good why he never taste a champions league? Yorke at the ripe old age of 37 was running for an EPL side while Donavan was busy twisting out developmental players on $20k US a year in the MLS. Go figure..

I will bet money he don't make a note at Everton in the EPL.

And double or nothing that Touches not putting him in his fantasy league side!!  :devil:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:11:33 AM by dinho »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2009, 06:07:24 AM »
oooohhhh guuuud boy Omar....the thing is Zeppo does take the beat downs like a man, he going down fighting, he'll be back.......he remind me of the TI/Hardest love story.........come on Zeppo doh disappoint me now......:devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2009, 07:59:23 AM »
Is your head so far up Donovan's asshole that you're having problems reading and comprehending what's written?  Yes the dumbass fans turned on him in January, where did I say otherwise??  In fact I acknowledged that they turned on him from early when he initially aired his interests in staying in Milan.  What I did say, since English apparently isn't your first language... is that before the initial deal expired in March he announced his intent on returning.  The media misinformation I pointed to is that by the time the controversy reached mainstream media Beckham had already stated, and re-stated his plan to return to L.A. but the media wasn't focusing on that, only on the part about him wanting to extend the loan deal.

Whether he missed half the season or not he was twice the player he was after his return than he was before, since the subpar quality of the MLS clearly wasn't keeping him sharp.

You stated that the controversy didn't erupt until after extension talks began. And you were wrong, because it erupted at the beginning of the year once he started talking about making the move to Milan permanent. Angry newspaper columns began appearing and Galaxy fans were making their discontent clear.

But I'm sure you'll start backtracking on that claim too, just like you did when you tried to bolster your argument by passing off bogus information about how much of the season Beckham missed. One month or two? Who knows? Or is adding up to four just too difficult for you?
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2009, 08:16:02 AM »
study this..

Nobody outside of T&T rates Latapy the way you guys do, except for maybe the fans of the Scottish minnow teams where he "starred". Yorke is a different story, but neither of those guys ever impressed in their games against us anyway. They were always invisible, leaving U.S. fans to wonder what the big deal was. Meanwhile, Wynalda used to score against your clowny team for fun!

And say what you want about Donovan, but he would never walk out on his country in the middle of a World Cup qualifying campaign:

Yorke and Latapy quit

Couple of gutless quitters...
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »
study this..

Observer.. If we talking the greatest players to come from this region, then they have to shine where the greatest players in the world ply their trade. And thats in the top European leagues..

By that position you take there, I could similarly argue that Ali Daei from Iran in Asia is the greatest player in the world because of all the goals he rack up in his confederation.. Or similarly i could place Kaziyoshi Miura and Hidetoshi Nakata as a class above Donavan.. You see what I getting at..

Some of the greatest players in world football have done nothing of note in the international game because of their weak national teams.. Ryan Giggs.. George Weah.. Jari Litmanen.. Dwight Yorke.. come to mind. Yet they have shown that they are a cut above the rest when they match up with the best players in the world.. It matters not what he did in CONCACAF, when his career is over, will anybody remember who Donavan was in a discussion about the greats of this game??

Not Mr. Donovan who scrub bench in Bundesliga then run back to MLS to shine at the lowest level.. then get a bly to run with Bayern Munich, pull Podolski, Klose and Schweinsteiger stones for a few games, only to run back to MLS again and look like somebody..

The man good, but he is a minnow in this game.. if he so good why he never taste a champions league? Yorke at the ripe old age of 37 was running for an EPL side while Donavan was busy twisting out developmental players on $20k US a year in the MLS. Go figure..

I will bet money he don't make a note at Everton in the EPL.

And double or nothing that Touches not putting him in his fantasy league side!!  :devil:

I am not saying that he will be remembered as a Great in the game. He will to US fans, everybody from the US great for them. After all they have a World Series without the World being invited. What I am saying is that at an International level Donovan has done very well for the US. Not only in CONCACAF, but at other International tournaments. Maybe he will not make a note at Everton, few players simply step into major leagues and hit it off immediately, especially with 3 months to do so. I am guessing the intention is more to keep him sharp for the WC campaign, similar to what was done with Bayern for the Confederation Cup.  
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2009, 08:53:08 AM »
South Africa will see the crowning of a New Shaka in Donovan and the coming of a new tribe of Zulu... Zulu Zuluuu!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2009, 09:10:50 AM »
study this..

Nobody outside of T&T rates Latapy the way you guys do, except for maybe the fans of the Scottish minnow teams where he "starred". Yorke is a different story, but neither of those guys ever impressed in their games against us anyway. They were always invisible, leaving U.S. fans to wonder what the big deal was. Meanwhile, Wynalda used to score against your clowny team for fun!

And say what you want about Donovan, but he would never walk out on his country in the middle of a World Cup qualifying campaign:

Yorke and Latapy quit

dinho talking bout skill and achievement... you coming to talk bout man character...

stop moving the goal post... and I meet people all over from Africa to China who know who is Latapy!

contextual shithong yes  :rotfl:  socawarriors new phrase of the year?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »

Longest Everton thread ever.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2009, 09:24:52 AM »
study this..

Yorke and Latapy quit

Similarly, no one outside the US rates Donovan the way you guys do..

at least the guys i called "starred" somewhere else besides in their own backyard. 280 million people and you don't have a Dwight Yorke to talk about like we do with our petty 1.3 million population. Stern John score goals in MLS, England and in CONCACAF for fun.. Latapy played champions league football with Porto.. Even Marvin Andrews has made a name for himself at that level.

Meanwhile Donovan couldn't even cut it with a mid-table German team. Like i said, his achievements against us are irrelevant. Thats like saying Giggs is not good because the top European teams always beat up on Wales.

Lets be honest. Your team's success is based only on the fact that you have a whole lot more resources to plug behind that collection of unskilled laborers and nationalized citizens that make up a very efficient unit called the US national team. I will give you that much, you make up for what you lack in skill with discipline and hard graft. But that team will never have my respect.

As for the walk out on national team comment, lets not move the goalposts here... You do know that Roy Keane walked out on his national team in the middle of a world cup finals but is still regarded as a legend right? All that is circumstances, if the shitongs we have at the TTFF were in charge of your US national program, Donavan would probably walk out too with the quickness..

Come Zeppo, when we talking about players in football (not soccer), man want to talk about the Yorkes of this world not the Donavan's..

PS: By the way if you want to make it personal..

yuh feel Dwight Yorke ever asks Becks to pick up the tab for the whole side when they went out to dinner??

Yuh feel Yorke paper weak like cheapskate Donavan own such that he looking for a free ride? Yorke does buy drinks for Becks boy, ketch yuhself!!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »
Truth is Donovan to the average American is a no body... Yorke is known through out the world, so too does Latapy and Shaka for ESPN and letting Gerrard score a bess goal on him last WC.

Donovan has to walk many miles to even sniff wind that Yorke break. I do however wish we had their Management and their resources...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »

No question about that at all... we all know that Yorke and Latapy underachieved on the international level, most of it their own doing, but much of it as a result of the dysfunction surrounding the national program.  In fact, I'd say Stern John is about the only one who has had a comparable international career than Donovan, save for the WC appearances, with Donovan headed to his third straight.
Not much of it...all of it...Yorke for one was hesitant to play for TnT simply because the TTFF did not want to provide insurance coverage when he played internationally. It is also unfair to compare and place more emphasis over team achievement than individual achievement. Then again neither Georgie Best nor Ryan Giggs have ever been to a World Cup ....

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »

Longest Everton thread ever.
lol :rotfl: makes yuh feel proud huh?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
You stated that the controversy didn't erupt until after extension talks began. And you were wrong, because it erupted at the beginning of the year once he started talking about making the move to Milan permanent. Angry newspaper columns began appearing and Galaxy fans were making their discontent clear.

But I'm sure you'll start backtracking on that claim too, just like you did when you tried to bolster your argument by passing off bogus information about how much of the season Beckham missed. One month or two? Who knows? Or is adding up to four just too difficult for you?

f**ktard... angry newspaper columns in LA and Galaxy fans kvetching doth not a controversy make... there is nothing to backtrack about.  The proverbial shit didn't hit the fan until the mainstream press got hold of the story and decided to ride it to death... you know, the same way you and your countrymen ride Donovan's testicles?

Truth is Donovan to the average American is a no body... Yorke is known through out the world, so too does Latapy and Shaka for ESPN and letting Gerrard score a bess goal on him last WC.

Donovan has to walk many miles to even sniff wind that Yorke break. I do however wish we had their Management and their resources...

"we"... yuh getting tie up or what?  Not you was claiming the US in that World Cup thread?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:44:16 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2009, 07:54:01 PM »

Yorke and Latapy quit

It would do you a whole lot better to shut your fetid c**t when you're so clearly out of your depth in a conversation

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/features.aspx?CIaFID=5284&CIPseq=0

Pay particular attention to #49 and #11 on the list.

There are no pictures to help you out, but here's hoping that your obviously sub-par education has at least prepared you beyond 5th grade reading comprehension.

You might want to query John Harkes as to what his assessment of Latapy is... unlike the majority of you ignorant johnny-come-lately American "soccer" fans... at least Harkesy has something resembling a clue when it comes to football.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2009, 05:11:37 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh please respond Zeppo, pppppllllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeee!!!!!!.....yuh cyar leave me hanging... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2009, 08:05:20 AM »
if he so good why he never taste a champions league?

donovan played a couple games in the champions league with leverkusen. just saying.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2009, 11:12:53 AM »

Yorke and Latapy quit

It would do you a whole lot better to shut your fetid c**t when you're so clearly out of your depth in a conversation

There are no pictures to help you out, but here's hoping that your obviously sub-par education has at least prepared you beyond 5th grade reading comprehension.

You might want to query John Harkes as to what his assessment of Latapy is... unlike the majority of you ignorant johnny-come-lately American "soccer" fans... at least Harkesy has something resembling a clue when it comes to football.

Woy woy woy......yuh in rippin form padnah "a fetid C**t

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »

f**ktard... angry newspaper columns in LA and Galaxy fans kvetching doth not a controversy make... there is nothing to backtrack about.  The proverbial shit didn't hit the fan until the mainstream press got hold of the story and decided to ride it to death... you know, the same way you and your countrymen ride Donovan's testicles?

Easy now, Shake n Barf! Don't blow a gasket on us! But when the fans and media are up in arms over a certain issue, that's called "controversy"; precisely what began in January when Beckham started talking about wanting to move to Milan. But I wouldn't expect you to remember that, since simply remembering when he returned to LA seems to be a Herculean task for you. BTW, what were you on that had you in such a haze in the early part of this year?

Oh boy, looks like it's someone else's turn to trot out the Four Four Two article again (and the Australian edition, no less!) lauding Latapy's exploits with the mighty Hibernian and Falkirk, jewel of the Scottish 2nd division!

:rotfl:
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »
aaaawwwww Zeppo...is that the best you can do??  steups ah disappointed....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2009, 09:42:06 PM »
SUgar...yuh like ah baccanal eh!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2009, 09:10:11 AM »
I very anti- america but i rate Donavon. The man did get the golden ball at an u-17 world cup...that proves that he had something special.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>