April 24, 2024, 08:25:40 PM

Author Topic: Toffees 'to land Donovan'  (Read 23346 times)

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toffees 'to land Donovan'
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »
It's amazing to see how some people was crying down this man before he went to Everton...this is a quality player in any league ...good showing by him and I hope that more players get the chance to show that the MLS, USA and Caribbean have quality players and teams!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »
Well said :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2010, 03:26:45 AM »
In no rush to exit, Donovan savors confidence-boosting run at Everton

It was, I have to say, one of the cooler goose-bump moments I have witnessed in a long time. As Landon Donovan took what was probably a goodbye lap after Everton's 5-1 win over Hull City on Sunday, the home fans at Goodison Park stood and cheered the 28-year-old American who came here a European washout and stands ready to depart, just 10 weeks later, as a beloved figure in this soccer-mad town.

And then, like a low rumble at first, but then as loud as a Lake Placid lullaby, the chant began:

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Only later did I come to understand that some in the stands were actually booming:

U-S-A! YOU-MUST-STAY!

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2010, 05:22:20 AM »
Alright, alright Zeppo we get it......Donovan good..... ::) ::) :yawning:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2010, 06:44:22 AM »

Yuh say that with some resentment boi...............

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2010, 07:19:15 AM »

Yuh say that with some resentment boi...............

Saga....it is well known on this forum that I'm anti-USA and all things USA......I sure it doh bother Zeppo one bit...and is all in good fun.... ;) :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:49 PM »
An excellent player, who short changing himself by staying in de MLS. Yes, man fight down de man, but he is a very good player. Quick, clever and has a good touch. Veteran of 2 World Cups, esp in particular the 2002 WC, where he had a real good tornament. Hope Everton can keep him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »
Hope for Everton in Landon Donovan loan extension bid

The threatened Major League Soccer players' strike could enable Landon Donovan to extend his spell at Everton.

The Toffees' match against Birmingham City on Saturday was expected to bring to an end to midfielder Donovan's 10-week loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy.

But on Thursday MLS players voted to strike if a new contract was not agreed before the 25 March season opener.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2010, 08:11:35 AM »
Landon Donovan ends loan spell at Everton

Everton have confirmed Landon Donovan's loan spell has officially ended and he is returning to Los Angeles Galaxy.

The Toffees had a hope the prospect of a Major League Soccer players' strike could enable him to stay for longer.

But a statement on Everton's website on Sunday said: "Landon has returned to LA Galaxy following his 10-week loan,"

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »
English fans find an unlikely love for a Yank

Beside the gallant city park in perhaps the world’s most zealous sports neighborhood, an unanticipated love has sprouted this winter and ripened into wistfulness this weekend.

Sighs abound because the dreamboat tourist must go home to California by Monday. The air brims with remarks like “Don’t want him to go” and “If we could get him here permanently” and “I can’t picture him out of the team, to be honest.” Around a stadium tucked snugly into narrow roads of row houses and pubs and fish-and-chips stands, it is trendy to root openly for a distant workers’ strike on the faint hope that it could enable his return.

In the two details that make this curious, the lovelorn happen to be some of the most informed, exacting fans on Earth — those of the English Premier League — and the object happens to be an American soccer player who is not a goalkeeper.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2010, 04:14:03 AM »
Donovan: In England, I would only want to play for Everton

Following a 10-week loan at Everton, Landon Donovan is back in southern California. But the 28-year-old won't be forgetting his stint in Liverpool any time soon.

"If I ever went back to England I would only want to play for Everton," Donovan asserted in a press conference today, seemingly squashing any rumors of Chelsea bidding for his services.

"Playing at Goodison Park is really special. As much talk there is about getting a new stadium, there's something about a historic place. People have gone there for years. I'm just a player there for 10 weeks; this is their life."

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »
time to kill this thread geez!!!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »
Donovan may go back to Everton, if MLS strikes

Landon Donovan will attend the resumption of Major League Soccer bargaining and says he might return to Everton if players go on strike next week.

Donovan had two goals and three assists in 13 games during an impressive 10-week loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy to Everton that ended Saturday, helping the Toffees beat Manchester United and Chelsea, the top two teams in the Premier League. He rejoined the Galaxy on Tuesday ahead of their March 27 opener against New England.

"There's nothing concrete set up," Donovan said at a news conference Wednesday. "I think we've all been very clear about the possibility that I could go back if something happens. It's crossing that bridge when we get to it, right now."

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »

Ya think??!!.....steups....

Zeppo, we get it Donavan is the hottest thing since sliced bread.....and because of his prowess all yuh winning the World Cup......will you go away now??.....steups...... ::) ::)  :yawning:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »
na keep it going ;D

1]; } ?>