June 16, 2024, 09:34:21 PM

Poll

Did he deserve z sacking lol?

HELL YAH
9 (90%)
NAW DAWG
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: 2010/2011 International Coaches: Salaries & Status  (Read 10639 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: **Queiroz sacked by Portugal
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »
 :applause: :applause:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 05:13:23 PM »
If we could be so lucky
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 05:40:41 PM »
We need The Technical Director to prepare a statement that will read" Given the results of the national teams and seeing that the same players are selected with shameful results. We the TTFF in order to save the coach from further embarrasment hereby terminate his contract

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Queiroz sacked by Portugal
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
Carlos Queiroz has been sacked as coach of the Portuguese national side.

The Portuguese Football Federation confirmed the news this evening, just two days after the national team suffered a surprise 1-0 defeat at the hands of Norway in the latest round of UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers.

Queiroz is currently serving a six-month ban for his alleged misbehaviour during an anti-doping testing session at a training camp in the run-up to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™, and was not on the bench for Tuesday's defeat.

The former Manchester United assistant manager had two years remaining on his contract with the Portuguese federation.

A federation statement read: "Given the recent events, and after reviewing the current situation concerning the national coach, the directorate of the FPF decided unanimously [to end] the contract... with the national coach, Carlos Queiroz, with immediate effect.
This decision was communicated to Carlos Queiroz."

The statement added that the search for new coach would begin immediately with a view to having a new man in place in time for the team's next qualifier at home to Denmark on 8 October.

The statement added: "[The FPF will] start immediately contacts and talks with a view to hiring a technician who performs the functions of national coach in time to prepare and lead the team in the forthcoming qualifying matches for Euro 2012."

Queiroz has been in charge of Portugal since 2008 and led them to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ in South Africa, where they lost out to eventual winners Spain in the last 16.

Agostinho Oliveira has deputised for Queiroz in Portugal's opening two UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers, with the stand-in coach presiding over the country's worst start to a qualifying campaign since 1996.

Portugal are currently second from bottom in Group H, having been held to a 4-4 draw with Cyprus in their opening qualifier before losing to Norway this week, and already trail the Scandinavians by five points.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1300408.html#queiroz+sacked+portugal

WOW this is huge! He was an alrite coach...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Queiroz sacked by Portugal
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »
Nani must be smiling now.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 08:02:29 AM »
The players didn't seem to like him very much
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
Quieroz stock has dropped over the last 5 years.  He has gone from being the next big-name coach to someone with mixed.  Real Madrid spoil real men psyche, and he is one of them.  Has not found his way since that sacking.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 07:07:48 PM »
Quieroz stock has dropped over the last 5 years.  He has gone from being the next big-name coach to someone with mixed.  Real Madrid spoil real men psyche, and he is one of them.  Has not found his way since that sacking.

Quieroz is a brilliant coach but a poor manager especially at managing big personalities

I expect him to fall back in the Man U coaching setup soon.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »

I expect him to fall back in the Man U coaching setup soon.

That is really what seems to be his niche. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »

He spent 4 seasons at Man U after Madrid, but Madrid is to blame for his stock falling? 

He took the Portugal job after 4 seasons at Man U...but his failure is Real Madrid's fault.. :-\

one season as Ferguson's assitant at Man U, followed by a season at Madrid, followed by another 4 seasons as Ferguson's assistant at Man U...then he failed as Portugal's head coach

To sum it up, one season at Real Madrid turned Quieroz into a bad coach....

Allyuh really good dread. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »

He spent 4 seasons at Man U after Madrid, but Madrid is to blame for his stock falling? 

He took the Portugal job after 4 seasons at Man U...but his failure is Real Madrid's fault.. :-\

one season as Ferguson's assitant at Man U, followed by a season at Madrid, followed by another 4 seasons as Ferguson's assistant at Man U...then he failed as Portugal's head coach

To sum it up, one season at Real Madrid turned Quieroz into a bad coach....

Allyuh really good dread. 
[/quote

Point I'm making here Kicker, is that Real are quick on the drw when it comes to firing coaches.  Boss, they fire a man after he won the league.  Lack of stability is a major reason why Barca have had the better of them over the last 3 years.  Quieroz should not have taken the Madrid job.  That team does spoil good coaches.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 02:18:21 PM »

Point I'm making here Kicker, is that Real are quick on the drw when it comes to firing coaches.  Boss, they fire a man after he won the league.  Lack of stability is a major reason why Barca have had the better of them over the last 3 years.  Quieroz should not have taken the Madrid job.  That team does spoil good coaches.

Can't disagree with that, and I know Quieroz had a hard time there- the front office stifled him (as they have done other coaches), but yuh can't tell meh that Quieroz's failure to live to his potential is because of the one season at Madrid.  I can't buy that....

I hear what you're saying about Madrid no doubt, but Quieroz left there in 2004 jed... since then he had 4 seasons under Alex F. and 2 full years as Portugal's head coach....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 03:44:03 PM »

Can't disagree with that, and I know Quieroz had a hard time there- the front office stifled him (as they have done other coaches), but yuh can't tell meh that Quieroz's failure to live to his potential is because of the one season at Madrid.  I can't buy that....

I hear what you're saying about Madrid no doubt, but Quieroz left there in 2004 jed... since then he had 4 seasons under Alex F. and 2 full years as Portugal's head coach....

Just really saying the the Real Madrid job was the start of his demise...that's all

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »
Most likely fall back into the United setup but what if it doesn't happen.

Wonder if his pricetag is within TTFF budget?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
Most likely fall back into the United setup but what if it doesn't happen.

Wonder if his pricetag is within TTFF budget?

Jack have d treasury now, we could buy Capello if we want.  ;D
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Fellas, hear dis nuh... Milovan Rajevac has quit as coach of Ghana
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 08:43:29 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1302135.html?cid=rssfeed&att=?cid=google_igoogle

Milovan Rajevac has quit his job as coach of Ghana's national team, the Ghanaian football federation has announced.

Rajevac, whose two-year contract had come to its end, told the federation that he was "no longer interested in carrying on the adventure with Ghana".

The 56-year-old Serbian guided the Black Stars to the final of the CAF Africa Cup of Nations in Angola in 2010 and the quarter-finals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.

Among those mentioned as possible successors to Rajevac are Frenchman Marcel Desailly, who has Ghanaian roots, and fellow Serbian Ratomir Dujkovic, who led Ghana to the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Fellas, hear dis nuh... Milovan Rajevac has quit as coach of Ghana
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 08:45:26 AM »
Big Money come calling from Saudi club, so he gorn
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 08:47:58 AM »
but still, these is de tings we (well, dem inside de TTFF  >:( ) need to be monitoring, de fella is as Donald Rumsfeld would say, ah "known unknown"...

ah sure, we could use somebody like him in we set up...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 09:21:32 AM »
but still, these is de tings we (well, dem inside de TTFF  >:( ) need to be monitoring, de fella is as Donald Rumsfeld would say, ah "known unknown"...

We could use Jesus and ah good bush bath too... but that eh mean either happening anytime soon.

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2010, 09:38:02 AM »

We could use Jesus and ah good bush bath too... but that eh mean either happening anytime soon.

;D but he sign for 18 months, so............

is like meh pardner Japa does say, "yuh never know... every day does always be different, but de moon does always be dey watchin' "...

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
Re: International Coaches: Salaries & Status
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2010, 12:33:50 PM »
UT coaches in each sport are among the highest paid college coaches in the US. Women's soccer coach is in the range of 250-300,000, which is small change compared to what the football and basketball coaches make.
UT football and basketball are the university's breadline; the president does not make as much money as many of these coaches.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allardyce say he could manage Inter and Real
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:37 AM »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allardyce say he could manage Inter and Real
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:18 AM »
Yeah, he could probably manage them.......but can he manage them well and lead them to victory? I don't know.   Anybody could attempt to manage a team but not everybody will do it with success. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:27:14 AM by fatimarima »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Haiti names Tavares to lead national squad
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »
Haiti names Tavares to lead national squad
CONCACAF.com

The Haitian Football Federation (FHF) announced that it has appointed Edson Tavares Araujo as manager of the men's national team. The four-year contract was the result of a cooperative agreement between the FHF and Viva Rio, a Brazilian non-governmental organization.

Tavares, who is fluent in French, began his playing career in Brazil with Vasco da Gama before heading to Switzerland, where he lived for 10 years while earning a degree in physical education and a license to coach soccer.

His coaching career has taken him around the globe and included stints in China, Vietnam, Tunisia, Kuwait, Jordan and Switzerland.

The Brazilian arrived in Haiti full of enthusiasm and ambition, noting that the level of national team talent in the CONCACAF is fairly balanced behind the USA and Mexico. He cautioned, however, against the idea that it would be easy to qualify for international competitions, as Haiti did for the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

"The expectations are always followed by frustration," said the 54-year-old.

Tavares acknowledged that change will not come easy and that Haiti is still recovering from the earthquake it suffered last January.

"This is not because I am an experienced coach or because I am Brazilian that I will suddenly transform everything. Here, when we come home, the first impression is that this is a devastated country and deserves to be rebuilt immediately," continued Tavares.

"I had an idea of Haitian players who play outside the country. I have a good impression through the girls I've just discovered in Brazil. If the level of boys is not too far from the girls, we can do something. I expect to know better the players I have at my disposal, but I can guarantee a professional job, which will certainly bear serious fruit. But above all think in the long term, I like working with time."

Haiti will start qualifying play for the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup in November after receiving a bye into the second round of the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Haiti names Tavares to lead national squad
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »
I will start comparing his results vs Latas...yes i wiknow i have to consider the difference in Hait and TnT opponents when comparing but  right now we playing teams like Antigua and belize so dais no scene

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Klinsmann claims USA approach
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »
Klinsmann claims USA approach
German rejected chance to return to international management

Jurgen Klinsmann has claimed he turned down the chance to manage the United States over the summer.

The former Bayern Munich and Germany coach has been linked with the USA post since 2006.

Klinsmann, who led Germany to third place at the 2006 World Cup, failed to agree terms with the US Soccer Federation then and current manager Bob Bradley took over the reins.

Bradley was linked with the Aston Villa job over the summer, but recently signed a new deal with the States after guiding them to the last 16 of this year's World Cup in South Africa.

But Klinsmann, who lives in America, has revealed he turned down another chance to manage the USA.

"We negotiated for three to four weeks, but we were not able to transform the verbal agreement that we had found into a contractual one," Klinsmann told German media.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_6392181,00.html

From what I heard on FSC, he wanted full control of the national team in writing and that could not be agreed upon. That is what coaches need when taking over T&T national team. We don't need Jack telling them who to pick.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keith Alexander honoured by the Black List
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
Keith Alexander honoured by the Black List
By Paul Fletcher (BBC Sport)

Keith Alexander's son Matt fondly recalls many tales about his late father but he rates one above all others.

The Alexander family were visiting Keith in hospital as he recuperated following the first of two life-threatening brain aneurysms he suffered in 2003. Keith, then manager of Lincoln, was still very ill and the family were aghast when they realised that he had tried to unplug his heart monitor.

The Imps boss had attempted to free up the socket so that he could plug in a television and follow Lincoln's progress on Ceefax.

I think it is a story that perfectly illustrates Alexander's love of the game and the dedication that he brought to all of his managerial roles.

Alexander was in charge of Macclesfield when he collapsed at home and died on 3 March 2010 shortly after returning from his team's match at Notts County.

Alexander, who was 53, will be honoured with a lifetime achievement award at the third Black List celebratory evening at Wembley on Thursday.

The Black List highlights the influence of African Caribbean figures in British football. It was 30 strong in 2008 and 2009 but has been extended to 50 this year and comprises people who work in football from the media, commercial, community and administrative side of the game.

"It serves to recognise the black people who are making a significant contribution in football and show young black people positive role models," said Professional Footballers' Association deputy chief executive Bobby Barnes.

Alexander was on the list in both 2008 and 2009. Given that it highlights the influence of African Caribbean figures in British football, it was not a great surprise that he was included.

He was not the first black manager in the Football League - that was Tony Collins at Rochdale in the early 1960s - but he was the first of his generation when he took charge of Lincoln in 1993.

"He was a pioneer," said Barnes. "Not only was he one of the first black managers but he was a real gentleman."

Son Matt Alexander added: "He was a trailblazer and many in the black community held him in very high regard. Most people don't know half the stuff my dad had to put up with."

Alexander was the son of parents who had moved to England from the Caribbean island of St Lucia. He played for numerous non-League clubs as a powerful centre forward before joining Grimsby in 1998 at the age of 31.

He also played for Lincoln, Stockport and Mansfield before moving into management.
In a 17-year career he was the boss of the Imps, Peterborough and Macclesfield, and had spells in charge of non-League sides Ilkeston Town and Northwich Victoria.

But the increasing prominence of black players during his time as a coach was not matched by a significant increase in the number of black managers. At the time of Alexander's death he was one of just three, along with Newcastle's Chris Hughton and Paul Ince, who was still in charge of MK Dons but left his role towards the end of the season. Hughton is currently the only black manager in England's top four divisions.

"One thing Dad did want to see was more black managers and coaches in the game," added Matt.

Alexander was active in the PFA's black coaches forum, while League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan described him as "a champion of civil rights and equality issues".

"Black managers and coaches remain at a premium," added Barnes, who is on the 2010 Black List, which has backing from the Football Association, the PFA and the Kick it Out campaign. "Keith was always trying to pass on the benefit of his experience. For example, Brian Deane worked with him while he was doing his coaching badges and Paul Ince was often on the phone."

Alexander often spoke of his experiences as the only black figure in a boardroom. It only steeled his determination to succeed and prove his worth. He was a qualified referee and had a Uefa Pro Licence.

It is clear that he was an inspiration to aspiring black coaches, but in researching this article it became obvious how much more there was to him than his worth as a role model. More than that, he was widely respected as a hard worker and as a human being.

"Keith was held in very high regard by the top names in football," said Barnes. "He did not say all that much at meetings but when he did it made sense and people listened."

He put people at ease in his company and always tried to look after his team-mates and players. Matt Alexander recalls a homesick Matt Carbon being virtually adopted by the Alexander family as he tried to adjust to life at Lincoln.

The Imps reached the play-offs in four successive seasons under Alexander despite tight financial constraints. He and long-standing assistant Gary Simpson, now the manager of Macclesfield, would travel the length of the country trying to unearth new players.

"He was never really given much money to spend, his jobs always seemed to be as a fire-fighter," added Barnes.

The one job Alexander had that gave him the opportunity to flex his muscles a little in the transfer market came at Peterborough in 2006. Alexander signed George Boyd, Aaron McLean and Craig Mackail-Smith, all crucial players as Posh won back-to-back promotions. However, that success came under Darren Ferguson. Alexander had been sacked in January 2007 with the team eighth in League Two after a run of six straight defeats.

"When he took Lincoln to the play-off final for the first time I was earning more money as a car salesman," added Matt Alexander. "He never whinged about money but what hurts me the most is that he never got the opportunity to manage above League Two."

Alexander always wanted to test himself at a higher level but had gained something of a reputation as a long-ball manager who was a value-for-money option at League Two clubs operating on tight budgets. The long-ball tag always grated with Keith, who argued that some of his teams were not suited to playing the ball out of defence. Ultimately, he never fulfilled his ambition of managing in the top flight.

Matt paints a picture of a man who could not sit still. Keith would often visit his son for a cup of his favourite hot chocolate and ginger snap biscuits but he would be on the move before he had finished his drink.

It is obvious that Matt has the greatest of respect for his father. I enjoyed a story he told about a game of football in the back garden. As an eight or nine-year-old Matt would always end up in a goal made from two conifer trees while his dad shot with all the force he could muster. One day a poor cross from Keith, a professional footballer, went through the conservatory window. Matt and brother Paul were blamed by a slightly embarrassed father.

Matt would travel to reserve games with Keith a couple of times a week, while his old man would often look after his daughter on a Sunday. There is a rawness when Matt talks about the hole in his routine. It was even more touching when he discussed Keith's children from his second marriage, Jack and Jenny, who are nine and 13.

"That is no age to lose your dad," he said.

It reminded me that more than anything the passing of Alexander is not so much about football losing an important and respected figure, it is a family loss.

But there is no doubt that the generous tributes that followed Alexander's death, the benefit game played in his memory in May and the Black List award have given great comfort to those closest to him.

"If he was looking down and saw the reaction that followed his death and how valuable people thought he was, he would be smiling," added Matt. "He would realise that all his hard work had paid off."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Macclesfield Town manager Keith Alexander dies
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »
RIP. God Bless!!!!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Hodgson Gone
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2011, 05:45:12 AM »
Daglish in as Manager  ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9350630.stm

Roy Hodgson and Liverpool part company

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Hodgson, 63, had won only seven of their 20 Premier League games since he took over from Rafael Benitez in July 2010 with the club 12th in the table.

Former player and manager Kenny Dalglish has been placed in charge until the end of the season.

"Both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down," said American owner John Henry in a statement on the club's website.

Hodgson refused to answer questions on his future at Anfield following Liverpool's 3-1 defeat by Blackburn on Wednesday, the club's third defeat in four Premier League games.

And when his press conference ahead of Liverpool's FA Cup third-round match against Manchester United on Sunday was cancelled on Friday, it fuelled further speculation that the former Fulham manager's tenure was drawing to a close.

"I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career," read a statement from Hodgson on the club's website.

"I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool."

Club ambassador Dalglish will oversee team matters for Sunday's crucial FA Cup tie at Old Trafford.

The 59-year-old won six league titles with Liverpool as a player and guiding the club to three more as manager in a six-year spell between 1985 and 1991.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants," said Henry.

"We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:47:27 AM by kev »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manager Paul Ince leaves Notts County
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2011, 03:55:38 PM »
Manager Paul Ince leaves Notts County
BBC Sport

Ince's successor will become County's sixth manager in 18 months Notts County manager Paul Ince has left the club by mutual consent after just over five months in charge.
Ince, 43, only took over in October but the Magpies have lost five games in a row and are only two places above the League One relegation zone.
Head scout Carl Heggs will take charge for Tuesday's game with Rochdale.
Notts chairman Ray Trew told the club website: "It was with a heavy heart that the board called a meeting in the aftermath of our defeat by Oldham."
For former England midfielder Ince, the decision comes as a further blow to his managerial career.
He led Macclesfield to survivial from relegation to the Conference against the odds in 2006/07, before taking MK Dons up to League One and to Johnstone's Paint Trophy success the following season.
He left for Blackburn in the Premier League but was sacked after just 21 games. He had a second unremarkable spell at MK Dons and now leaves County having won 10 of his 29 games in charge.
The departure means none of County's last five managers have lasted six months.
Trew continued: "The recent run of results, which saw us win just once in March, meant that we were all in agreement that we had to address the situation.
"When we sat down to discuss the matter with Paul, it became clear that we were in agreement that a parting of the ways would be the best way forwards for all parties.
"I would like to place on record my thanks to Paul for his effort and commitment during his time at Meadow Lane, I am certain that under other circumstances things could have been very different, but we believe that this decision is in the best interests of both Paul and the club."
His exit comes just days after Professional Footballers' Association chief Gordon Taylor called on black British managerial hopefuls to be interviewed for vacant posts as of right to tackle discrimination.
Ince's exit leaves Charlton boss Chris Powell as the only black manager in the Premier League or Football League.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>