April 25, 2024, 08:34:58 PM

Poll

Did he deserve z sacking lol?

HELL YAH
9 (90%)
NAW DAWG
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: 2010/2011 International Coaches: Salaries & Status  (Read 10411 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2010/2011 International Coaches: Salaries & Status
« on: December 09, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
On another forum i came across this article. Basically it gave an analysis of the 32 coaches of each world cup team and their salaries. I used it to gain a rough translation from here and got this....
MundialAdemás bank of the players, some technicians also takes their fortune, and the 32 who will go to the Glass of the World are not the exception. A curiosity: Fabio Capello wins in one week just like Shaibu Amodu, of Nigeria, in a year. Sight which takes each to direct to a Selection.
Federico Nogueira | fnogueira@ ole.com.ar
1 of 1
Las manos de Fabio Capello lo dicen todo. El italiano gana casi diez millones de dólares en Inglaterra.

The globalisation, the ampliamiento of the markets and the publicity, caused that soccer grew economically in spite of the crisis, that will be gotten to pay numbers disparatadas by players and until pays that an employee type could not win nor working all their life. The recent investment of the Real Madrid of 94 million dollars by Ronaldo Christian, is a clear example of the silver that is handled nowadays in the futbolero atmosphere.
And the technicians are not the exception, some receive wages until more stops than several players star of some clubs. Analyzing the wage of the 32 trainers who will go to the World-wide one of South Africa 2010, a clear disparity between colleagues can be noticed. For example, Fabio Capello, technician of England, gain 180,000 dollars per week, just like it perceives Shaibu Amodu, of Nigeria, in a year. The Italian is the one that more cobra of all the trainers, with a pay of almost 10 million clean dollars per year. In the other end he is the African, that is the worse payment of all the than they go to the Glass of the World.
South Africa, the host of the match, put all the meat to the spit and decided to invest 1.800.000 dollars duty free in Carlos Parreira. This generated a great commotion in the country of safaris, since the Brazilian trainer desire in a month, just like the president of the nation, Thabo Mbeki, in a year.
Another one of the surprising cases of this list, is the one of Raymond Domenech: although Europe has to the trainers best payments, the French as soon as it gains 40,000 Euros per month, which would imply something as well as 720,000 dollars to the year. It happens that to the astrological technician they did not increase the pay in spite of securing the subchampionship to him in the Glass of the World of the 2006, and is far from being of which more money receives by its work.
As far as the South Americans, Dunga leads the table with 1.250.000 of annual dollars. Where is located Diego Maradona? Just back of the Brazilian, with 1.200.000 of the American currency. A little more delayed, appears Marcelo Bielsa, by which Chile realised an important investment, disbursing 850,000 per year. Already in another level, he is Gerald Martino, to whom Paraguay pays 360.000 to him. And last it enters the classified ones South Africa of this part of the continent, is Oscar Tabárez, who perceives 300,000 dollars annual. Also, these five, gain wonders in comparison with other technicians of the continent. For example, Erwin Sanchez, trainer of Bolivia, as soon as it acquires seven thousand dollars per month, which implies about 84 thousands to the year.
Here tenés the approximated annual pay of each in dollars:

- Fabio Capello (England): 9.900.000
- Marcelo Lippi (Italy): 4.100.000
- Javier Aguirre (Mexico): 4.000.000
- Joachim Löw (Germany): 2.300.000
- To spill van Marwijk (Holland): 2.700.000
- Ottmar Hitzfeld (Switzerland): 2.600.000
- Vicente of the Forest (Spain): 2.200.000
- Carlos Queiroz (Portugal): 2.000.000
- IMP Verbeek (Australia): 1.820.000
- Carlos Parreira (South Africa): 1.800.000
- Dunga (Brazil): 1.250.000
- Diego Maradona (Argentina): 1.200.000
- Takeshi Okada (Japan): 1.200.000
- Ricki Herbert (New Zealand): 1.200.000
- Otto Rehhagel (Greece): 1.150.000
- Paul Le Guen (Cameroun): 960.000
- Marcelo Bielsa (Chile): 850.000
- Vahdi Halilhodzic (the Ivory Coast): 740.000
- R. Domenech (France): 720.000
- Hun Jung MOO (South Korea): 600.000
- Morten Olsen (Denmark): 570.000
- Milovan Rajevac (Ghana): 540.000
- Bob Bradley (EE.UU.): 400.000
- Radomir Antic (Serbia): 447.000
- Matjaz Kek (Slovenia): 360.000
- Gerald Martino (Paraguay): 360.000
- Rabah Saadane (Algeria): 360.000
- Reinaldo Rolls (Honduras): 350.000
- Vladimir Weiss (Slovakia): 312.000
- Oscar Washington Tabárez (Uruguay): 300.000
- Kim Jong Hun (North Korea): 250.000
- Shaibu Amodu (Nigeria): 180.000

Wha yuh think about those figures? Somewhere it made mention of the fact that Carlos Alberto Perreria makes more in a month than the South African President makes in a year ( I dunno if thats an error in translation or actual fact.) Is it always justifiable? Or is justification dependent on the nation that pays it?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:18:15 AM by Flex »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: International Coaches:Salaries
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 07:07:50 AM »
Latapy aint make the list????

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 07:27:22 AM »
 Capello making more money than de bottom half of de table... Hmm interesting. One of the biggest league in de world, highest payed coach, and Englang still cah win nothing....

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »
Bourbon any info on US coach...he not on de list....

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:34:47 AM »

El Do,

Bob Bradley is on the list.....

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »
Capello making more money than de bottom half of de table... Hmm interesting. One of the biggest league in de world, highest payed coach, and Englang still cah win nothing....

yuh beat meh to it

Capello just milking money from the English FA, dem eh winning ah damn thing - not now not never.

Capello get a contract as a foreman on a CEPEP contract to build box drain. Which is to say, a lot of nothing!!

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 08:48:48 AM »
Well if that's true about the SA coach making more than the President, then think about what the first place team winning prize is for this tournament....$31 or $32 million. So I guess these countries figure that they better invest in a good coach to make them better able to make a run for the top prize. In England's case, $9 million for Capello is small change compared to continuosly hearing the banter about the claim to be the inventors of the game and have arguably the best league in the world but has only won the tournament once. No price tag can compensate for getting that monkey off of their backs.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:21 AM »
No wonder Bob Bradley face always screw up...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 10:50:24 AM »
No wonder Bob Bradley face always screw up...

400K is nothing to screw yuh pan about...that's a damn good salary- and he probably gets bonuses and perks on top of that...All in- he's probably making over half a million per year- that's enough for a good living...especially for a coach who is not established in the international professional circuit.  He's making gradual strides..NCAA College, MLS...US Nat'l team...400K at this stage in his career sounds about right.     
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:55:33 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 11:30:13 AM »
Wha bout we cyar afford none of them...dais why we had Pacho and Latas.  :devil:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 11:50:21 AM »
Geezanages ..... yesterday Mack Brown,UT Football (American) coach get ah fuggin raise to $5M and Bradley making $400,000

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »
Ah see it 400k. .. But as texastrin say them college foot-ball coach making between 500k to 5mil. At de end of the day American foot-ball run things.. Sell out stadium =$$. Some schools have 50 thousand plus week in week out.  When bradley win de world cup he"ll get ah 300k raise.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:47 PM »
Geezanages ..... yesterday Mack Brown,UT Football (American) coach get ah fuggin raise to $5M and Bradley making $400,000

horse u self should know that in TX football is life

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »
anyone remember how much Jack was paying Leo?
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 01:58:13 PM »

UT football is alot bigger than U.S. Nat'l soccer...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 04:08:28 PM »
Wha bout we cyar afford none of them...dais why we had Pacho and Latas.  :devil:

:P :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 08:33:59 AM »

Not that I agree with the salary... it is outrageous, but Texas football makes the school a lot of money, not just by selling out games, but bowl appearances, licensing and Television broadcast rights as well.

USA soccer?

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

For those of you who speak Spanish you will appreciate the humour in this one - former Madrid player and coach - Vincente del Bosque.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »

For those of you who speak Spanish you will appreciate the humour in this one - former Madrid player and coach - Vincente del Bosque.

i real laugh when i saw that..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

Not that I agree with the salary... it is outrageous, but Texas football[ers] makes the school a lot of money, not just by selling out games, but bowl appearances, licensing and Television broadcast rights as well.

USA soccer?

And the youth men and them cyah see a dime.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »
And the youth men and them cyah see a dime.

Not above de table anyways....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
Head coach of Mexico is a big big wuk.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Macclesfield Town manager Keith Alexander dies
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 07:00:18 AM »

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=750002&sec=england&cc=4716

Macclefield Town manager Keith Alexander has died at the age of 53.
Keith Alexander

Keith Alexander was English football's first black manager

Alexander, who recently took time off from his job with the League Two side due to illness, was in charge for the defeat against Notts County on Tuesday night.

A statement on the club's official website read: "It is our sad duty to report that Keith Alexander passed away today after arriving home from Macclesfield Town's game at Notts County last night.

"Keith was a splendid man. He will be sorely missed at the Moss Rose and by everyone involved in football. Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very difficult time."

Alexander had a brain scan last year having suffered cerebral aneurysms in 2003.

Last year, he told the Daily Mirror: "I'm lucky to be here. Cerebral aneurysms are burst blood vessels in the head and, when doctors went through the back of my skull to operate on me, they found two.

"Everything was fine, except I didn't return from hospital until 5pm and we had lost 2-0. But to put it in perspective, only today I received a letter from a woman whose sister is very poorly after a similar aneurysm illness, and she didn't think the outlook was good.

"I rang her up and told her I felt like that for a couple of months afterwards, but I'm still here, out and about.

"People know I came through it and, if I can help others to do the same, that is the least I can do.

"There is no evidence that, in my case, it was brought on by the stress of being a manager in the lower divisions, which is just as well. I reckon the pressure at this end of the spectrum must be greater than the top end."

Alexander was given a clean bill of health after the scans last year and suggested the scare had been down to a virus at the club.

"Perhaps I shouldn't have come into work that day, but my generation just goes to work, no matter what," he told the Macclesfield Express. "You get on with it and don't make excuses.

"My wife wasn't very happy with me but the good news is that I am perfectly well, really perfectly well and have been given a complete all-clear."

Alexander played as a striker for clubs including Grimsby and Lincoln and made three international appearances for St Lucia. He entered management in 1993 with Lincoln and went on to manage Ilkeston Town, Northwich Victoria and Peterborough before becoming Macclesfield boss in 2008.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Macclesfield manager Keith Alexander dies
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 07:00:52 AM »
Macclesfield manager Keith Alexander dies 

Alexander also managed Lincoln and Peterborough

Macclesfield Town have announced that manager Keith Alexander has died at the age of 53.

Alexander, who suffered a brain aneurysm in November 2003, passed away after arriving home last night from the League Two match at Notts County.

He had recently returned to work after taking time out because of illness.

"Keith was a splendid man. He will be sorely missed at the Moss Rose and by everyone involved in football," read a club statement.

"Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very difficult time."

bbc

I believe he is originally from St Lucia.One of the first black managers in England.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Macclesfield Town manager Keith Alexander dies
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 11:02:17 AM »
Wow, I was completely shocked when I read this, I had no idea he had health issues.  R.I.P.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
RIP and Vaya con Dios, Compere!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 01:38:17 PM »
He gave a trial to Josh Johnson last year.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 05:22:04 PM »
He gave a trial to Josh Johnson last year.
He signed many Caribbean players, Neil Harvery of Barbados, Patrece Liburd of Saint Kitts and Nevis, Ricky Sappleton of Jamaica to just name the most recent ones.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
USSF has talked to Juergen Klinsmann
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »
USSF has talked to Juergen Klinsmann

By Doug McIntyre and Luke Cyphers
ESPN Insider

U.S. Soccer has met with former German team coach Jurgen Klinsmann about the national team coaching job, currently held by Bob Bradley, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.

The source indicated Klinsmann, who turned down the Yanks' job after the 2006 World Cup, met with U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati and said Klinsmann is interested in the position, but gave no other details.

U.S. Soccer blog

U.S. ESPN Insider's Doug McIntyre and Luke Cyphers give all the inside info on the U.S. national team in their Insider soccer blog. Insider

A U.S. Soccer spokesman declined to comment. Klinsmann did not immediately return an e-mail message.

On Thursday, Gulati met with Bradley in Los Angeles in what U.S. Soccer has described as the latest in an ongoing series of meetings about the coach's future. Bradley, who led the U.S. team to a victory in the World Cup Group C before bowing to Ghana, 2-1, in the Round of 16, is under contract with U.S. Soccer through December.

The U.S. manager has a 38-21-8 record since taking over the squad in 2006. He guided the team to an upset of eventual World Cup champion Spain and a second-place finish in the Confederations Cup in 2009. He has been mentioned as a candidate for the Aston Villa manager's vacancy in the English Premier League and told the BBC that he would be interested in that job.

Klinsmann starred as a striker for Inter Milan and several other top European club teams, and on the German national team, playing in three World Cups, his first as a member of West Germany's victorious 1990 squad. As manager of the German team, he posted a 20-6-8 record and guided Die Mannschaft to a third-place finish at the 2006 World Cup, losing in extra time to eventual champion Italy in the semifinal. His only other managerial job was with Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga in 2008-09, where he was let go after compiling a 22-8-9 record.

He also has experience in the U.S., working as a technical advisor to the L.A. Galaxy in 2004, and resides in Orange County, Calif.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
**Queiroz sacked by Portugal
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1300408.html?cid=rssfeed&att=?cid=google_igoogle

Carlos Queiroz has been sacked as coach of the Portuguese national side.

The Portuguese Football Federation confirmed the news this evening, just two days after the national team suffered a surprise 1-0 defeat at the hands of Norway in the latest round of UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers.

Queiroz is currently serving a six-month ban for his alleged misbehaviour during an anti-doping testing session at a training camp in the run-up to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™, and was not on the bench for Tuesday's defeat.

The former Manchester United assistant manager had two years remaining on his contract with the Portuguese federation.

A federation statement read: "Given the recent events, and after reviewing the current situation concerning the national coach, the directorate of the FPF decided unanimously [to end] the contract... with the national coach, Carlos Queiroz, with immediate effect.

"This decision was communicated to Carlos Queiroz."

The statement added that the search for new coach would begin immediately with a view to having a new man in place in time for the team's next qualifier at home to Denmark on 8 October.

The statement added: "[The FPF will] start immediately contacts and talks with a view to hiring a technician who performs the functions of national coach in time to prepare and lead the team in the forthcoming qualifying matches for Euro 2012."

Queiroz has been in charge of Portugal since 2008 and led them to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ in South Africa, where they lost out to eventual winners Spain in the last 16.

Agostinho Oliveira has deputised for Queiroz in Portugal's opening two UEFA EURO 2012 qualifiers, with the stand-in coach presiding over the country's worst start to a qualifying campaign since 1996.

Portugal are currently second from bottom in Group H, having been held to a 4-4 draw with Cyprus in their opening qualifier before losing to Norway this week, and already trail the Scandinavians by five points.

I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

1]; } ?>