April 26, 2024, 01:37:47 PM

Author Topic: Finta kit supplier wen does the contract run out?  (Read 5043 times)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Finta kit supplier wen does the contract run out?
« on: October 12, 2005, 09:28:36 PM »
this is the better question than if beenie contract is up. if finta contract finshin b4 world cup. we might get ah nice nike or adidas kit. and it wont be sold out all di time like this finta 1.  ;D

see i get my priorities right

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
Re: Finta kit supplier wen does the contract run out?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 09:30:19 PM »
I betcha we end up with Kappa ... just like the J'cans.

this is probably one of the uglier kits I've seen TT play in.
I'm all for bringing back Rossi.
I does still have shirts from Rossi and Flipper.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:36:46 PM »
boi the kappa kit too tight and plain ya cant even breath that would be a nightmere.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 09:37:15 PM »
unless they can get out of the deal we stuck with dem....
check warner comments on yorke at btm too...

By Nigel Simon.
17-Jun-2004 - The local football Federation has sealed a four-year US$1 million deal with Finta, to supply this country’s national teams with sports apparel.
The arrangement between the local federation and Finta, a leading Brazilian sports company, will see the disbursement of merchandise valued at US$250,000 per year for the next four years, with the uniforms to be worn by all of T&T’s national teams.
The teams include the senior men, Olympic (Under-23), Under-20 and Under-17 boy’s, together with the senior women, the Under-19 women’s squad, and the national men’s futsal side, the inaugural Caribbean Football Union Futsal champion team.
The deal was announced by Brazilian Irisleuton Bertolini, owner and chief executive officer of Finta, at a media briefing held yesterday at the Queen’s Park Oval.
The senior men’s team has already worn the new uniform in a 2-0 win over the Dominican Republic in last Sunday’s first leg Concacaf World Cup qualifier.
The sporting apparel to be worn by the local players include uniforms for matches, training, casual wear, travelling, t-shirts, bibs, track suits and sweat suits, football boots, track shoes, shin pads, goalkeeping gloves and captains’ armbands.
Other equipment supplied to the T&TFF by Finta are travelling bags, footballs, cones, saucers, ice coolers and medicine kits.
Finta also sponsors the Haitian national team, as well as Brazilian clubs Paysandu, Santa Cruz, Nautico and Botofago — to name a few.
In his turn at the podium, FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF president, Austin Jack Warner lashed out at local corporate companies, who he described as being lethargic when it comes to financial support to sport.
Warner was also critical of former national player Dwight Yorke and stated: “One of the errors of using the Tobago-born striker against Northern Ireland was that it was being played at a venue built in his name and yet he continues to show total disregard and disrespect for his country.”
While Yorke, the local television stations and corporate T&T came in a for some knocks by Warner, national coach Bertille St Clair was given a vote of confidence by Warner.
“Those who are not on board now will want to join in later on, but they have a next thing coming.
“We will like to see companies like Finta in with us from the start and, to coach St Clair, I will say also that I’m here with you for the long haul.
“These are times when you know who your friends are,” added Warner.
“Finta did not wait until the day the team becomes successful, but they came on board when the team is perceived to be down” Warner said.
Others in attendance were Kenny De Silva, the Carnival Development Comission chairman and former middle distance track runner, who is owner of Kenny’s Sports, which will sell the kits; Oliver Camps, president of the local Football Federation, and vice-presidents, Raymond Tim Kee and Lennox Watson.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »
i feel if another brand wanted us they can buy out that contract easy tho

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 09:41:21 PM »
i feel if another brand wanted us they can buy out that contract easy tho

true dat, 1M US is chicken feed for dem big company to buy out

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 09:42:14 PM »
eh nutten wrong wit the finta kit

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 09:43:57 PM »
but wouldnt u rather have a nike kit, like brazil n them. if we goin world cup we hav to cut som stylez. billions of people watchin ;)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 09:44:20 PM »
Yeah the finta kit is fine. The men stick with us and bring us good luck so unless they want to take money from a bigger sponsor we should stick with them.

but wouldnt u rather have a nike kit, like brazil n them. if we goin world cup we hav to cut som stylez. billions of people watchin ;)

If we going the Wc that is the least of my worries.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 05:14:08 PM by Tallman »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 09:46:27 PM »
nothing wrong with the damn kit.. it real bad! and it keeping the men cool and wicking away the sweat
because the playing mad mad mad!!

Warner was also critical of former national player Dwight Yorke and stated: “One of the errors of using the Tobago-born striker against Northern Ireland was that it was being played at a venue built in his name and yet he continues to show total disregard and disrespect for his country.”
While Yorke, the local television stations and corporate T&T came in a for some knocks by Warner, national coach Bertille St Clair was given a vote of confidence by Warner.
“Those who are not on board now will want to join in later on, but they have a next thing coming.

Man Jack, all the shit i does cuss you out for you really pulling some strings yes. You bun out Yorke and look at him now. He come back and marshalling the team like a true warrior and make amends. GOod job Jack..

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 09:49:30 PM »
agreed...the kit is the least of the worries...however since dem man ask....nike , puma, and even my favourite does have all de side lookin lke dey jes come orf an flikking copy machine...unless yuh have ah unique design such as Peru....again nutten wrong with de Finta kit.....dey small and dey design lil different .....plus nex year yuh dun know dey go have sumting nice for Germany.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 09:55:02 PM »
Yeah ain't nothing wrong wit the damn kit, allyuh only bumpin allyuh gum because allyuh find it hard to get one but wait till next week, I bet yuh that yuh will have the options of the red kit, the white kit and they might even come out with a black kit too ? just like the BULLS :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 09:56:25 PM »
yeh tru the world cup kit will be differnt. and yeh boy would be good if they had a 3rd kit

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 12:42:20 AM »
I betcha we end up with Kappa ... just like the J'cans.

this is probably one of the uglier kits I've seen TT play in.
I'm all for bringing back Rossi.
I does still have shirts from Rossi and Flipper.

I agree with Rossi because they local. But, I doubt they will pay big money for that contract.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 01:18:44 AM »
I say stick with finta, then next world cup NIKE ;D

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 01:24:03 AM »
Nah I say next should be UMBRO IF WE COULD PULL THEM.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 02:39:25 AM »

If we going the Wc that is the least of my worries.

Don't you mean "When" ?

I'll certainly be getting a shirt for 2006  ;D
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 07:14:16 AM »
the brand doh matter. i doh care if we wear finta, puma, rossi, or something from the seamtress down de road as long as we in Germany 2006.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 08:23:52 AM »
Only the brand on the field matters.

i agree though stay loyal to those that were loyal to you.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 08:25:45 AM »
FINTA came in when nobody was there willing to sponsor us, they gave us the best deal, I believe I was one of the first to get the uniform in Trinidad as they were just unpacking them in the store when I begged the guy to sell me two for the WCQ against Dominican Republic in Manny Ramjohn. I say stick with them, however if we do leave them they should get some substantial payback. To me, ditching them after they invest in us and when it's time to reap the rewards we're leaving is a bit unfair, but that is how business is sometimes. However I have no problem with them, this might actually help to put their brand a bit more on the map.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 10:41:42 AM »
i like the current kit, and the players seem to as well.
Hart for president

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 11:02:53 AM »
stick with finta, they stuck with us.....loyality
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »
Loyalty #1.

Stick wid de Finta... Even when we were sponsored before, I doh belive we were getting training, casual wear, travelling, t-shirts, bibs, track suits and sweat suits, football boots, track shoes, shin pads, goalkeeping gloves and captains’ armbands.
Allyuh always bad talking the waggonist. If we jump ship now to another compan in come like the same thing.. We want who their through thick and thin, not just when we doing well. It is good exposure for Finta if we looking nice in the uniform. Next WC some big name countries will be wearing Finta...

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 11:30:22 AM »
its not if we jump ship, if another company came in and offerd to take the contract its then up to finta, they will be the ones makin money. anyway it was just somting i was tinkin of, i didnt know the history behind the deal. that they came in wen no 1 else wanted us, but it would help if they made more kits availible.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 11:34:17 AM »
SINCE ALLYUH LOVE FINTA SO MUCH COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY IT TAKES THEM SO LONG TO PROVIDE US WITH JERSEYS.
THIS IS A BUSINESS AND ANYONE WHO THINKS THERE ARE 1.2MILLION TRINIS IS A ASS#@$ AND NEVER BEEN NOWHERE. I  FIRMLY BELIEVE THER ARE LIKE 10 MILLION AND WE NEED SOMBODY WHO COULD KEEP UP WITH THE DEMAND AND IF ALLYUH TRUST FINTA THEN I BACKING THEM ALL DE WAY BUT IF THEY CANT PROVIDE AT LEAST 6MILLION JERSEYS IN NEWYORK ALONE. THEN WE HAVE TO MOVE ON

PLAIN TALK BAD MANNERS AND THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU IF ANYBODY GETS OFFENDED :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »
ADIDAS!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 05:15:47 PM by Tallman »

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 11:38:28 AM »
yeh im sure no other country in the world has problems to get jerseys. as for the away kit, i never actually see 1 in real life im startin to wonder if they make them  ;D

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 04:57:39 PM »
I think if they should change kits, it should be with the new Joma ones. They outfit the Costa Rica team and the Honduras team. I've seen the new Honduras kit and it is really nice.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2005, 05:11:33 PM »
I agree a change a Kit is needed. I cah be repping in that Shit jersey. The thing flimsy , like 2 wash and it go rip up

Once they pick a decent design from a better known supplier. I showing you, Sales gonna go through the roof. We Trinis like we brands too much. It go inspire them men , when the put on a wikid jersey.

I aint go buy the Finta, I go wait for a next kit....4 2006 WC

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2005, 07:14:51 PM »
Since we talking kits in this thread, let me ask this question...
why was it that Carlos 'Papi' Edwards was the only player with his name on his jersey, and only the one he wore in the 2nd half?
I only noticed that when watching the game a 2nd time.

as for Finta I feel Jack go honor the 4 year contract and give them their chance to shine on the world stage along with the Soca Warriors for stepping up and outfitting the fellas when they needed it.

1]; } ?>