March 28, 2024, 07:19:20 AM

Author Topic: ‘T&T coaches to know fate Sunday’  (Read 7405 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
‘T&T coaches to know fate Sunday’
« on: December 10, 2009, 05:06:53 AM »
Vinode Mamchan (T&T Guardian).

Fifa vice-president and special advisor to the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) Jack Warner has revealed that the executive committee of the TTFF will meet on Sunday to decide to best way forward for T&T’s football. Warner made the remarks at the opening of The Fan Club at MovieTowne yesterday.

Warner said: “We have decided to meet on Sunday in an all day session to come up with the strategy that would take football forward in this country. “We would then decide on who would also coach all national teams in the immediate future. This is a very critical meeting and after Sunday all will be made public.”

Warner officially cut the ribbon to open The Fan Club - the first store of its kind in this country. The store caters for supporters and fans of football, particularly those who are support the top football teams in the world and will sell all clothing and paraphernalia from teams which participate in the Champions League. Warner congratulated brothers, Mikhail and Mario Singh, the two young men behind the store.

“In a time when youths are involved in all kinds of wrong, we have these two youngsters with this fantastic idea. “The youths of today are looking to drugs and other wrong things but these guys have decided to put in the hard work to realize this dream.”

Warner warned them of the dangers of thinking they would be millionaires overnight. “You must not harbour the idea that you would become rich tomorrow. This would take time but having seen what I have seen today, you will reach very far with your attitude.

“You are very hard working and this would take you all to the place you want to be.” The Fan Club stocks all items from all the Champions League teams, as well as the Spanish League and the English Premier league. Fr Joe Harris, parish priest for the St Ann’s RC community blessed the store as part of the occasion.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ‘T&T coaches to know fate Sunday’
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:51 AM »
Puppet show on Sunday at Movie town ...bring the kids !!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 06:24:31 AM »
based on the media output by our beloved media propagandist officer, methinks vranes, ably assisted by corneal will be coaches of all teams.  hope latapy could get back a wok at falkirk & dwight sell enough books.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:02:25 AM »
Hopefully they keep latapy as the coach.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 11:32:27 AM »

Fifa vice-president and special advisor to the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) Jack Warner has revealed that the executive committee of the TTFF will meet on Sunday to decide to best way forward for T&T’s football. Warner made the remarks at the opening of The Fan Club at MovieTowne yesterday.

Warner said: “We have decided to meet on Sunday in an all day session to come up with the strategy that would take football forward in this country. “We would then decide on who would also coach all national teams in the immediate future. This is a very critical meeting and after Sunday all will be made public.”

Warner officially cut the ribbon to open The Fan Club - the first store of its kind in this country. The store caters for supporters and fans of football, particularly those who are support the top football teams in the world and will sell all clothing and paraphernalia from teams which participate in the Champions League. Warner congratulated brothers, Mikhail and Mario Singh, the two young men behind the store.

“In a time when youths are involved in all kinds of wrong, we have these two youngsters with this fantastic idea. “The youths of today are looking to drugs and other wrong things but these guys have decided to put in the hard work to realize this dream.”

Warner warned them of the dangers of thinking they would be millionaires overnight. “You must not harbour the idea that you would become rich tomorrow. This would take time but having seen what I have seen today, you will reach very far with your attitude.

“You are very hard working and this would take you all to the place you want to be.” The Fan Club stocks all items from all the Champions League teams, as well as the Spanish League and the English Premier league. Fr Joe Harris, parish priest for the St Ann’s RC community blessed the store as part of the occasion.

and proleague jerseys?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »
IF dey smart and dey have to give Vranes and Corneal a bligh

Leff Vranes wit de U 23's

Corneal at U 15 & U 17

Latas to cut he teet wit de nex setta U 20's (de current U17 team)

Leff de Men's senior team as is for now.  Doh appoint no coach.  Coach as needed.  Let Latas get his experience wit de U 20's.  If de senior team have a friendly or sumting so, Latas will coach.  When tournament time approachin like a Gold Cup qualifying or something, revisit the head coach situation at that time.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »
Palos dais exactly what dey go do and we will be in the same predicament come 2014.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »
Palos dais exactly what dey go do and we will be in the same predicament come 2014.

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 11:57:16 AM »

Perhaps.  But what else to do?  I jes know how TTFF does operate.  Vranes and Corneal not goin anywhere so regardless of what we would like to happen, dem stayin.  So if dey stayin, put dem in positions dat dey could at least help.

Wha we go do? Hire a big name coach for the Senior Team from now to do what?

What vision we have for the Senior team?  

Left up to me....I would get a PROPER coach & staff, experienced and motivated to work with YOUTH and give them a mandate to start developing programs at the U10, U 13, U 15, & U 17 level.  

In many respects, it done too late for the current U20's so let them continue on dey course.  If TTFF in dey wisdom feel is best to "keep that team together"...so be it.  I don't agree but at least they tryin something.

The focus should be that once players get to the U20 level, they should have the fundamentals of the game down.  Trapping, Passing, Positioning, Heading, Spacing, Tackling, Recovery, etc.  Coaches at the U 20 level and up can then concentrate on tactics, management, and the mental side of the game.  Not having to teach men how to shoot and ting.

But I doh see that happenin with this TTFF so we go with what we have.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »
New head coach: Hardest  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 12:53:21 PM »
We need to have development outside of the National team. We keep using the National teams as developmental tools.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 01:07:54 PM »
If they smart they'll sop playing teams like Bermuda and focus on touring hard and blooding U20s and U23s.  forget big coach for now spend the money on getting them fellas playing in some world tourneys against some big teams.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »

and proleague jerseys?

Was jus coming to ask dat! but you know if dey want to get rich quick...is only de foreen ting go make dat happen  ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 02:47:28 PM »
 some of you people are happy with latas, vranes and kornie. Rome was not built in a day and great football teams don't come together over night unless you are a club like Madrid.

Development, structure and commitment is necessary for this country chances at the next world cup qualifiers.
This will not happen if TTFA wait to appoint a head coach of quality. South Korea is a perfect example of development, so far SK have improved in every single tournament because of the investment they made ten years ago, and the USA did the exact same thing, look at them now. Of course TTFA will not look at the bigger picture of success in the long run. TTFA failure to invest in the future has been our downfall in the past.

Too many times have we scraped up players for positions they are not comfortable with and ask too much of them without the proper preparations and structure in place.

Get a good committed coach and start building for the future now. Get rid of latas and corneal, keep vranes for now with Olympic team.

Look at the teams in the world cup. Other countries have teams, we have players, do you see the difference?
We want a %#%$#! team TTFA.

I hate it!!!! Alot of you guys narking on Englands Fabio, what did he do? He changed England from a group of players into a team. It's not beckham and england or rooney and england, now it's jus ENGLAND. In 2006 Germany TNT had a make-shift team, that's what a top coach will do for yah. WHAT HAVE LATAS DONE?

Even when Latas and Yorke was in the prime we didnt have a team, we had Yorke, Latas and other players.. Do you see wtf I am saying?

-sHOTTA TNT representative at FIFA.COM
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 02:58:09 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »
Palos as yuh say we need good coaches for the younger ones...However players should have all the fundamentals of the game by U17, U20 is a bit to late. Watch the way the rest of the world developing there players, man getting contract with big teams and they younger than 20yrs... So between 10 and 15yrs youths should be workin on fundamentals. By then a good coach should be able to point out future prospects..

In order for Trini foot-ball to really move foward we need to set up a system some what like this.

Best U12  players training 3 times a week-  
Have them play against U14 in local competetion.
2 top level tournaments (over seas) 1 every six months or play top level academy teams either Europe or south America.

Same for U13

U14- train  4times a week play locally agains U16 teams.
One of the training sessions can be replace with a game.
 Over seas 3 times within that year one in de Caribbean so we can keep we eye on how they are developing as well. The other 2 Europe or south America
Depends on level of competion over seas, play 1 or 2yrs up in age group.

U15 Same

Next age group break down
U16  U18 and  U 20
Each age group training seperate
train 4 times a week no excuse
Within that mix 16 can scrimmage 18's. 18's scrimmage 20's and 20's play pro teams
Still playing local teams also. 18's playing teams in the super league
Over seas four times within that year. 1 in the caribbean,2 in SA or Europe,and in the States (man could get seen by MLS teams)and College Coaches Also, CAUSE NOT EVERY BODY WILL MAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL. This way a man could get a decent education if pro or national team eah work out for him.   Again some players develop late so after a player 4 years in college he can still get something.

All this will take dollars that Jack and de rest ah them wah pocket...So something like this will never happen. Just my 2cents

Perhaps.  But what else to do?  I jes know how TTFF does operate.  Vranes and Corneal not goin anywhere so regardless of what we would like to happen, dem stayin.  So if dey stayin, put dem in positions dat dey could at least help.

Left up to me....I would get a PROPER coach & staff, experienced and motivated to work with YOUTH and give them a mandate to start developing programs at the U10, U 13, U 15, & U 17 level.  

In many respects, it done too late for the current U20's so let them continue on dey course.  If TTFF in dey wisdom feel is best to "keep that team together"...so be it.  I don't agree but at least they tryin something.

The focus should be that once players get to the U20 level, they should have the fundamentals of the game down.  Trapping, Passing, Positioning, Heading, Spacing, Tackling, Recovery, etc.  Coaches at the U 20 level and up can then concentrate on tactics, management, and the mental side of the game.  Not having to teach men how to shoot and ting.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »
Midknight,
              You hit the nail on the head. I wonder if JP jerseys selling in that shop. Mind you, I happy for them boys. It would have been nice if some of them boys east of the dry river could have put some of their waisted energies into something productive,

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 03:09:50 AM »

The focus should be that once players get to the U20 level, they should have the fundamentals of the game down.  Trapping, Passing, Positioning, Heading, Spacing, Tackling, Recovery, etc.  Coaches at the U 20 level and up can then concentrate on tactics, management, and the mental side of the game.  Not having to teach men how to shoot and ting.
I totally cosign the highlighted paragraph above.Is like passing kids on to a higher standard knowing full well they dificient in their academic achievement.Hard back man now getting remedial skill training at U20 level is unacceptable.The benchmark at this point should be mostly Strategy and Tactics.The cause of our mediocraty always points to the people runnin the show.Maybe we should be lookin at A Foreign administrator with a wealth of foresight and experience in administering a Football Association to head the TTFF and implement this approach.I think this is exactly what Bora did to Mexico,and look at their standard of play now.

and proleague jerseys?
Yuh right ! Do we ever see fans of EPL teams wearing jerseys of La Liga teams ? F...ing stupid !
They should be marketing proleague jerseys only.Something wrong w/we if we only want access to foreign jerseys.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:17:49 AM by mwanasoka »
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »
What is the coaches faith,anybody knows?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »

Ah tink Corneal is a Catholic

Ah know Shabazz is a Muslim

I eh sure bout Latas & Vranes doh.

Tong say it doh really matter what dem faith is because Jack is a Satanist

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »

LAWDDDDDDDDDDDD PALS BOI I EH LAUGH  DAT LOUD IN A WHILEEEEEEEE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 10:12:39 PM »

:rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 05:06:58 AM »
I would like to suggest that yuh cant serve 2 Gods at the same time like JW is doing,its either he gives up politics or football...choose one.I would do my best to avoid supporting TT at football at any age coz the writing is on the wall and we are slipping downwards,no one in TT can fix it.Lets be honest we need foreigners to do that for us,we can stick to Carnival we do that better.I am definitely not going through that last experience with the Hex for SA2010,ever again.We tend to say a lot about Jamaica but I feel that they would have made it to SA if they were in the Hex,to avoid any heart-aches I will be avoiding TT football by a long way.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 05:07:33 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ah good laff an' ah DJA nominee in d brew too jeezan :rotfl: :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »
well ??...after a few scotch and coconut ...whats the news ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »
well ??...after a few scotch and coconut ...whats the news ??

With Jack it could b any given Sunday

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 11:00:50 AM »
With regards to the men’s teams, Warner, in his TTFF role, noted, “We’ll have a very long meeting with our technical committee to appoint the staff for the various teams. The programmes of the teams will be looked at and revised.

“All will be done, so come January 4, we’ll go full speed ahead with our national programmes.” Warner is confident that Trinidad and Tobago will be able to achieve qualification for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

taken from today's newsday.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »
...waiting on Jack ??? it eh have ah executive for de TTFF ?? is what day saying bout dis issue ?? oh ah forget ...the same as usual ...Ask Jack !

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »

:rotfl: ;D

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 02:05:27 PM »
No time for football/soccer now..is Johnnie Walker they drinking, barbash.. barbash.. barbash.. :devil:

What a shame.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:11:51 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>