March 29, 2024, 08:18:57 AM

Author Topic: Ronaldinho chosen as World Player of the Decade by World Soccer Magazine  (Read 6046 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Brazil forward Ronaldinho has been selected footballer of the decade by World Soccer magazine.

The AC Milan playmaker, who won the 2002 World Cup with Brazil and 2006 Champions League with Barcelona, finished ahead of Argentina forward Lionel Messi and Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo in the voting.

The result, which was announced Thursday, was determined by annual votes taken between 2000 and 2009.

SOURCE
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho chosen as World Player of the Decade by World Soccer Magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 01:26:38 PM »
Deserved.

Off the top of my head he's the only player still active at the highest level who was crowned world player of the year more than once in this decade. 

At his best he was better than both CR9 & Messi....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
ah see how men might come and argue this but I think its well deserved. saw him play over the weekend too and he looked very near to his dam best right now too. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »
I eh go argue the choice. We could do that all day.
Instead I will ask the question: When does the decade end.

Most would say Dec 31, 2009. But some would argue Dec 31, 2010. Being that there was no Year Zero and all...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »
Totally agree...Larsson who played with all three players said dhino is the best

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-561155/Ronaldinho-gets-vote-says-United-old-boy-Larsson.html
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »
That's meh boi
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 05:28:33 PM »
 :applause: :cheers:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 05:16:03 PM »
I'd give him the first-half of the decade...the 2nd half is nostalgia

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 08:49:59 AM »
Iker Casillas deserves it.

Except for Ollie Kahn in 2002, no other keeper has come close to World Player of the Year. Keepers will traditionally be shunned from this list (due to the flair > fanaticism > economics associated with football). And since it seems that Player of the Year is a pre-requisite for player of the decade, then they had no choice to give it to the most recent player who has won it twice - Ronaldinho.

If consistency and growth over the decade was a factor (which it should be), then check Casillas' record:

La Liga: 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08
Spanish Super Cup: 2001, 2003, 2008.
UEFA Champions League: 1999–00, 2001–02
UEFA Super Cup: 2002
Intercontinental Cup: 2002
UEFA European Championship: 2008

Now Spain & Madrid captain.
Add World Cup 2010.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 09:44:42 AM »
Raul,

Obviously u are a casillas fan, how can you include 2010 world cup that hasnt happened yet.  Keeper of the decade yes but player of the decade definitely not.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »
Casillas does not really have the presence of say a Schmeichel or a Buffon.  Do you agree?  Player of the Year, he could never be that outside of Spain.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »

Most would say Dec 31, 2009. But some would argue Dec 31, 2010. Being that there was no Year Zero and all...

Bitter.....dize a rel good ? yuh know.  I would say the decade ends on the last day of a "9" year, but that is only if, at the beginning of man's recording of time, we started the very first year on record at the first day of the "0" year and not the "1"

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 07:50:08 AM »

it's for the last decade.  any 10 consecutive years are a decade so it have nothing intrinsically correct about one end point or another.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Who was the player of the decade?
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 05:53:31 AM »
Few would argue that the 1950s belonged to Alfredo Di Stefano, the 1960s to Pele, the 1970s to Johann Cruyff or Franz Beckenbauer, and the 1980s to Diego Maradona.

But if a handful of contenders can lay caim to being the player of the 1990s, then debate over who was the best player of the last decade is even more wide open.

Its first half was illuminated by, among others, FIFA World Player of the Year recipients Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, while Fabio Cannavaro, Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi seized the prestigious award thereafter. The likes of Gianluigi Buffon, Iker Casillas, Xavi, Pavel Nedved, Steven Gerrard, Andriy Shevchenko and Samuel Eto’o also excelled over the course of the past ten years.

So, it’s over to you: Who was the player of the last decade?
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who was the player of the decade?
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 05:54:30 AM »
I real bias so I have to go with Ronaldinho
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 09:36:07 AM »
Gets my vote also...most enjoyable  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
Casillas does not really have the presence of say a Schmeichel or a Buffon.  Do you agree?  Player of the Year, he could never be that outside of Spain.

clearly u mad

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
So we still think Casillas doesn't deserve it..?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
So we still think Casillas doesn't deserve it..?

asking answers. beep clout!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Greetings to one and all. To all de new members welcome to d  best forum in de world. If yuh new around here and wondering who de hell is this Supa. Well my advice to you is send ah PM tuh yuh padnah on d forum or ask anyone who we are, before yuh step out of line and get burnt very badly. Nice. Well although ah does sound like ah gangster leader on d forum, yuh boi have he head in all d right places. So wid dat said, ah went back tuh school tuh further my knowledge in my aircraft mechanic profession. Wid school, working in dat crazy MIA, concerts and party promotions, my family and managing some bad tenants in meh duplex and eventually kicking dem out. It is extremely difficult to log in. Well thanks tuh modern technology, wid meh Iphone I do browse every other day to see what is good round here.

I do not know wey de hell meh wife get these tenants in my duplex from, de couple does leave home clean and well dressed. De man dressed up in a suit and den come to find out, dem facking people was selling dat thing in meh facking apartment. Ah doh want to say too much here, but it is that thing meh soca idol (Superblue) love or or use tuh do.

Well since meh Heat team signed de 3 KINGS  and all yuh noticed ah did not come here and large up meh chest like King Kong, yuh know something wrong or ah really tied up. Go Dinho, go Heat. It is all about de  316 baby. Yuh cah figure that one out yet man steupsssss, damn yuh slow  ;D. Wade is 3, Chris is 1 and de King is 6  ;). Miami Heattttttttt  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Go Dinho, go Heat.

yeah big up to you too breds.. you alive boy?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
dunga should frame this article >:(

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile

Somebody should engrave it on he ceiling right below he bed  :devil:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

i couldnt stand watching the world cup and the dinho ad would come on with him beating a setta man, then back to boring dunga coached brazil with no substantial creative midfield presence bc the most creative mid was in maybe a bar liming watching the game

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

i couldnt stand watching the world cup and the dinho ad would come on with him beating a setta man, then back to boring dunga coached brazil with no substantial creative midfield presence bc the most creative mid was in maybe a bar liming watching the game

Ent, if ah was Dunga ah wuld stay far away from he home land and compatriots rite about now.  Speakin bout Brazilian, me and some odder forumites take in de 3rd place game at a brazo bar in williamsburg brooklyn, culd only imagine how dem was cussin after dey crash out
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
So Casillas basically has all the silverware possible except the Confederations Cup... let's say player of the decade was measured from 2002 to 2011... he still won't get it?

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
So Casillas basically has all the silverware possible except the Confederations Cup... let's say player of the decade was measured from 2002 to 2011... he still won't get it?
I would simply say that as good as he has been and the many great GK before him...no real football fans go to stadiums to see goalkeepers although we appreciate their performances. Men looking forward to see players on the field doing magic...Rhonaldino; Kaka; Zidane; Messi; Eto....that's who the fans want to see so that's why Casillas can't win this award. Many have also debated over who is the greatest player ever...Pele/Maradona...Beckenbaur and other great, accomplished players don't even enter that discussion nor does Gordon Banks nor Yasin. Maybe there should be a separate catageory for goalkeepers...then your boy could get a bligh, but he'll have some serious competition from Khan; Buffon; Bartez; Van Der Sarr et al.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
no surprise to anyone who knows football  ;D :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ent, if ah was Dunga ah wuld stay far away from he home land and compatriots rite about now.  Speakin bout Brazilian, me and some odder forumites take in de 3rd place game at a brazo bar in williamsburg brooklyn, culd only imagine how dem was cussin after dey crash out

Ms Favella?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ms Favella?

dat self.. we does be dey right through...

we have to make a lime...

ah partner want to open a trini snackette in dat same styling... but instead throw a riddim section in de corner beating iron whole day
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>