April 18, 2024, 03:07:32 AM

Author Topic: Cable freedom is a click away  (Read 918 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cable freedom is a click away
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Re: Cable freedom is a click away
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 08:55:29 PM »
WHy do you say that you wish it were true? It is all possible, just depends on what channels you like to watch. Even the 6 year old knows how to find stuff on Hulu or how to download his shows from netflix. 

occasionally if the dvrs miss a recording, I'll buy the episode from itunes or watch it on hulu, or if it's an older one, order the disc from netflix. Since all except one of the tvs in the house have either a 360, ps3 or a pc connected to them and they're all online, we can all watch our shows at anytime. The wii is supposed to be getting netflix too and if it does, then the 4 year old's tv becomes part of our netflix network.

I still have cable but that's just because i am a bit reluctant to make that final cut. Also, I really hate using the fancy remote that controls everything but the garage door to switch from system to system  ;D too many buttons. And I can't get HBO or showtime shows online in real time. Sure I could get season one episodes of true blood from  netflix or seasons 1,2,3 of the tudors, but nothing in real time. So far my reluctance (and Tru Blood/The tudors addiction) is costing me about $160 a month, but as the man likes to point out, it's my bill, I want it, I pay for it. 2010 may just be the year where I give up on it since we seem to spend alot of time watching our shows on hulu anyway. Even the stuff that the dvrs record.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:03:22 PM by verycute1 »
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

1]; } ?>