March 29, 2024, 12:29:34 AM

Author Topic: Three Jamaicans to face T&T courts over drugs.  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Three Jamaicans to face T&T courts over drugs.
« on: December 28, 2011, 06:57:13 AM »
Three Jamaicans to face courts over drugs.
—Keino Swamber (Express).

THREE Jamaican nationals are expected to appear before a magistrate tomorrow on drug trafficking charges. The three were arrested in separate incidents at the weekend.

In the first instance, on Friday around 2.30 p.m., officers of the Organised Crime, Narcotics and Firearms Bureau (OCNFB) went to a hotel in Port of Spain and searched the room of a guest.

Officers also searched the man's underwear and allegedly found a sex toy filled with 342 grammes of cocaine.

The officers believe the man was awaiting the arrival of a female drug mule who would have taken the drugs out of the country. The man is expected to appear in the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court.

And around 8.30 p.m. on the same day, a 33-year-old man, a clothing salesman, was arrested shortly after arriving in Trinidad aboard a Caribbean Airlines flight. The man, who officers reported has only one leg, was using a motorised battery-operated wheelchair.

A search was conducted by officers of the OCNFB and Customs and Excise Division and 10.9 kilogrammes of high-grade marijuana were allegedly found in the compartment of two batteries powering the wheelchair.

The marijuana has an estimated street value of $35,000, police said.

He is expected to appear in the Arima Magistrates' Court.

On Christmas Day, around 12.55 a.m., two passengers exited a Caribbean Airlines flight at Piarco International Airport.

One of the passengers, another man in a motorised wheelchair, was accompanied by a relative. The casing of batteries was searched, and 7.3 kilogrammes of marijuana were allegedly found.

The 30-year-old man is expected to appear in the Arima Magistrates' Court. His relative was still being interrogated up to yesterday.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Three Jamaicans to face T&T courts over drugs.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:47:22 PM »
Jah Kingdom did tell me he had been visting T&T often and now I understand why!!  :busshead:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »
Jah Kingdom did tell me he had been visting T&T often and now I understand why!!  :busshead:
Loud stueepppssss!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 01:41:36 PM »
Jamaican gets bail on child cruelty charge in Tobago
LAUREL V WILLIAMS (T&T NEWSDAY)

A 42-year-old Jamaican man who allegedly beat a 12-year-old boy faced a Scarborough, Tobago magistrate virtually on Monday charged with cruelty to a child.

A police release on Tuesday said magistrate Jo-Anne Connor granted him $60,000 bail with a surety.

The magistrate also ordered him not to have any communication with the child.

The boy reported to the police that the man had beaten him and WPC Trim of the Tobago Division of the Child Protection Unit (CPU) investigated. She charged the man on Saturday.

Acting Supt Claire Guy-Alleyne, Sgt Millie and acting Cpl Clarke supervised the investigations.

The magistrate adjourned the case to March 22.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>