April 20, 2024, 07:13:26 AM

Author Topic: Baptiste on trial?  (Read 5329 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Baptiste on trial?
« on: December 14, 2009, 06:16:44 PM »
Not sure if anyone posted anyting as yet, but i heard on the radio today that kerry baptiste has left the country to go on trial at two unamed Championship division clubs in England.......any details?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Baptiste on trial?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »
Wha he do?  :o
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:05:22 PM »
Wha he do?  :o

We go hear he faith soon. :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 09:20:25 PM »
I think he can do well ...just hope he fit enough

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:08 PM »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:49:59 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 05:02:39 AM »
Not sure if anyone posted anyting as yet, but i heard on the radio today that kerry baptiste has left the country to go on trial at two unamed Championship division clubs in England.......any details?

ah love it!!

Yes.  Just heard it on the radio....how old is he?  Ent he late 20's/early 30's??....but good for him.  Andre Asharvin kinda old too but he doing well in the EPL so who knows.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 07:14:17 AM »
One is Ipswich for sure & the other I think is Swansea.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »

ah love it!!

Yes.  Just heard it on the radio....how old is he?  Ent he late 20's/early 30's??....but good for him.  Andre Asharvin kinda old too but he doing well in the EPL so who knows.....
He's something like 27/28. They could still get a good 2 or 3 years out of him.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 08:21:05 AM »
that has to be mike berry who sent him to them clubs  ... so wha none of the under 20's get a trail yet eh !!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »
Do it KB, DO IT!!!!  First dey say he eh belong no where near a national team because he play shit in the past (not sure what dey was watchin).  Den dey say not because he eat up PFL means he worth anything to the NT (especially since he doh go on no trials).  Let's see what they will say next!  Say wha allyuh want da fella could shoot like ah sniper an he go continue to buss net when he get opportunities!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 06:33:48 AM »
Give Derick King some kudos for allowing the man to showcase his talent as well as motivating him. See what a good coach can do? Now I read this in the Guardian today and I think the reporter got a little carried away about King"s future prospect re the national Team. However With Jack as head of Joe Public and head of everything in T&T football , one never knows.

Offline GODFATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 06:49:49 AM »
Don't expect much to come out of this trial. I was very impressed by his performances this season but he does not have the physical frame to play in England nor does he have exceptional speed to compensate for it. I expect to see him playing in the PFL next season but I wish him all the best on his trial. If Jake Thmpson can play in England Kerry might just have a chance.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 07:08:02 AM »

ah love it!!

That's so pathetic how we're holding on to old horses like that.Where are the new young talent to get excited about, men who're in there late teens early 20's   

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »
Don't expect much to come out of this trial. I was very impressed by his performances this season but he does not have the physical frame to play in England nor does he have exceptional speed to compensate for it. I expect to see him playing in the PFL next season but I wish him all the best on his trial. If Jake Thmpson can play in England Kerry might just have a chance.
Not that I disagree in general, but, from what I remember seeing when he played on the wing, KB always struck me as pretty speedy.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »

ah love it!!

That's so pathetic how we're holding on to old horses like that.Where are the new young talent to get excited about, men who're in there late teens early 20's   
I get what you say about developing young players but we are in no position to discard players who are good and fit.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
play yuh fitball caranage
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KS23yaHyET4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KS23yaHyET4</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »

ah love it!!

I get what you say about developing young players but we are in no position to discard players who are good and fit.

That makes good sense the man is 28 and people ready to discard him ... shows what they know about the game

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
Go Batistinho. You de man!!!!!!
Always had respect for you and was tired pushing for you to join Beenie squad for the 2006 trip, then as totally deserving, deadly and speedy alternate to Carlos, with borse crossing skills to boot. Man on de blog was laughing and steupsing in dem days. Huh!yayai!. Look how you gorn past dat and become star striker now.
Well you! geh de last laugh dread. Eat dem rawwwwwwwwww!!!!! in Hingland.  >:(
Yeah!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:46:26 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »
Dreamer,
                           The reason why Baptiste was on and off the team is because he was not performing. he appears to be a late bloomer, unfortunately. He also got into the team when the campaign was doomed. He also playing for the special advisor team. So how come he was not on the TT team all along. Look, I glad for the man. I hope he make good use of the trial and get onto a team. I wish he went to Spain, but beggars can't be choosers.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 09:43:50 PM »
The reason why Baptiste was on and off the team is because he was not performing.
I thought it was because Carlos have that spot on lock.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 09:56:57 PM »
I hear you Deekos, but part of the problem in a self-loathing society like ours is the philosophy of you-is-a shittong-until-anointed-as-somebody-by-a-farrin-club-in-Hingland" mindset, that refuses to see our players through a different lens.

If next week, somebody says player X is real hot. A large blog population will reflexly say: Who de ass is X. Keane never call he and he never get a trial since age 25 so no way he could be anyting but pure shite and de day he land on British soil and before he even smell a fleckin' fish and chips, man saying yeah he deserve to be on de squad now as if by flying towards to de promised land, man does geh transform. Steuppsss.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:13:29 PM by dreamer »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
Trini is not the only place where we are highly critical of some of our players. I hearing about baptiste for the longest. And he was just okay. now the man just blossoming into a big star, after the campaign done . Blame the TTFF and the different amount of coaches they hired. He just got lost in the shuffle. But again, good luck to him in the future.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
By the way, I don't think Carlos is the reason he is not on the team. Kerry is a striker. he competing with KJ, Cornel, Stern. Carlos is a utility player who played below par this campaign like the rest of players on the team.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
By the way, I don't think Carlos is the reason he is not on the team. Kerry is a striker. he competing with KJ, Cornel, Stern. Carlos is a utility player who played below par this campaign like the rest of players on the team.
He's a striker this year. He has always been a right winger.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
Well all yuh shoulda talk to Latas.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »
I hear you Deekos, but part of the problem in a self-loathing society like ours is the philosophy of you-is-a shittong-until-anointed-as-somebody-by-a-farrin-club-in-Hingland" mindset, that refuses to see our players through a different lens.

If next week, somebody says player X is real hot. A large blog population will reflexly say: Who de ass is X. Keane never call he and he never get a trial since age 25 so no way he could be anyting but pure shite and de day he land on British soil and before he even smell a fleckin' fish and chips, man saying yeah he deserve to be on de squad now as if by flying towards to de promised land, man does geh transform. Steuppsss.

Well the thing is, being a star in T&T is equivalent to being a big fish in a small pond.

I don't think we should cry anybody down but at the same time I think we must not rush to big anybody too much and too fast. Because there are also a lot of good footballers in T&T who had people around them that made them feel they were great - and they developed an "I reach", "big player" attitude that worked against them reaching their real potential.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 10:48:21 PM »
Fair enough dwn.  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »
Carlos is a utility player who played below par this campaign like the rest of players on the team.

Wit all due respeck...what ASSNESS u talkin dey sah?

Carlos play below par?  WTF allyuh want from people?   ::)

1]; } ?>