April 27, 2024, 03:29:17 PM

Author Topic: Man U coach: Lots of raw talent in T&T  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man U coach: Lots of raw talent in T&T
« on: December 18, 2009, 06:40:49 AM »
Man U coach: Lots of raw talent in T&T
By Shari John (T&T Guardian)

Manchester United coach, Eamon Mulvey, expressed his pleasure on Wednesday at the week-long football camp which was organised in association with the Dion La Foucade Coaching Clinic at CIC Grounds, Serpentine Road throughout this week. Mulvey, who was also a part of the camp last year, said that he was impressed with the general organisation of the camp and this was the reason he came back another year. “The way it is set up and organised is a credit to Dion. We came here last year and that’s the reason why we came back, to have fun with the kids, and share with them what we do back home, it’s all for the kids and the grassroots,” said Mulvey. He shared that the potential of the kids at the camp was very good and the girls in particular appeared to be a lot more focused than the boys.

“There is a lot of raw talent and I say raw talent because most of them are very young, but the quality of the players across the board is very good. The level of the girls’ attitude is very good, they are very focused if not more than the boys. The quality is great as well,” he said. He then went on to explain his belief that the development of the women’s game should start at the grassroots, rather than at the top. “I think it’s great that the development of women’s football is very good, I think that it should be started off at a younger age though, so you can build from a foundation rather than going straight to the higher level right away,” said Mulvey. The top coach also gave his views on Manchester’s chances of lifting the Premier League title.
“I think we never take anything for granted, we’ve taken it three years in a row, so four would be a record. They’ve put themselves in a good position and I think by February next year if they’re still thereabouts they’ve got a very good chance. But in football, you never say never, because you never know what’s around the corner.” He gave credit to ace striker, Christiano Ronaldo, who moved to Real Madrid this season, explaining that though the loss of the striker would be an obvious blow, he has contributed a lot and in his absence others have stepped up when given the opportunity. “Obviously Christiano Ronaldo is a world class player and I think the important thing was that as a club we had some good years with him and people appreciated what a good player he was and respected him for it.”

Ronaldo’s absence, he explained, has also given Wayne Rooney a little more freedom to play in certain areas, and at the end of the day, it’s all about the squad, which has done really well. “Rooney has been outstanding. He’s a totally different player to Christiano Ronaldo and we don’t make comparisons with players a lot of times because everyone is their own player. If you watch him in the games, his work rate is phenomenal. He’s exciting going forward, but he gets back behind the ball, he puts in tackles, he covers his players and he’s been scoring goals, important ones at that as well.” Mulvey and his Manchester colleague, Kevin Ward, left T&T last night while the camp ends today.

Dion La Foucade, head coach of the Dion La Foucade Coaching Clinic, addresses participants
at the week-long camp at CIC grounds, on Wednesday. Manchester United coaches, Kevin Ward,
right, and his colleagues Eamon Mulvey, second right, listen attentively.
Photo: courtesy La Foucade Coaching Clinic
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man U coach: Lots of raw talent in T&T
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »
Dog bites Man
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 10:25:26 AM »
Like a coach will come here and say all the players lame....steups...if it have talent here take some to man u academy.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
Like a coach will come here and say all the players lame....steups...if it have talent here take some to man u academy.

he being diplomatic

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:14 AM »

He coaches ManU U9-10 so I doubt he in a position to take back anyone to the Academy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 12:27:32 PM »
All we talent raw.
We need to season it and make a cook.
Brazil 2014!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 01:38:46 PM »
Lotsa people got raw talent.... refining the talent is the problem....

(as you were...)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »
I have heard that shit time and time again,over and over,all de time which ever teks yuh fancy.I have a list of all de goals we missed in the Hex and if we had scored one third of those we wudda be in South Africa 2010.We had one footballer with any sort of talent ah hope we have bout 5 fuh 2014.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »
I have heard that shit time and time again,over and over,all de time which ever teks yuh fancy.I have a list of all de goals we missed in the Hex and if we had scored one third of those we wudda be in South Africa 2010.We had one footballer with any sort of talent ah hope we have bout 5 fuh 2014.

Thank you for common sense...

Was in trinidad over the summer and play in a few fete match... and what I observe. Them kids far behind these US and Mexican kids... they have no concept of team... only individualism... Dem Man U Coaches only being polite... ask them about their wonder kid "Hassam" and then tell me if any of the raw talent matches up to that lil kid.  doh even try to ask them kids to be a Paul Pogba.... either...

haul dem arse back to Manchester and stop fooling dem kids...! Spend the money on local coaches teaching them kids a thing or two... Like passing is part of the game... liff dey head, back is ah pass, yuh doh have to always be a star boy... yuh is no Messi... doh dribble and loose it in yuh half... SSFL is not to pick up gyul... and most of all fitness...

Hmmm we love throwing money away eh...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:35:45 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »

He coaches ManU U9-10 so I doubt he in a position to take back anyone to the Academy.

6-16

Both the guys are very cool and very willing to lend the coaches any information they can and the kids loved them

I went the coaching seminar on Saturday and being a United fan and I know Coach Dion very well they put me on the spot by asking me some trivia..which I passed with flying colours lol..So I gained their respect one time and they were real cool with me

Then I worked in the camp yesterday and today and as always it was very organised and very enjoyable...I worked with 12 and 13's and they have a few players who will go onto big things....

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »
All we talent raw.
We need to season it and make a cook.
Brazil 2014!
i like how that sound... :devil:
All American

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 01:16:27 PM »

6-16

Both the guys are very cool and very willing to lend the coaches any information they can and the kids loved them

I went the coaching seminar on Saturday and being a United fan and I know Coach Dion very well they put me on the spot by asking me some trivia..which I passed with flying colours lol..So I gained their respect one time and they were real cool with me

Then I worked in the camp yesterday and today and as always it was very organised and very enjoyable...I worked with 12 and 13's and they have a few players who will go onto big things....

really yuh sure !!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>