April 28, 2024, 05:58:15 AM

Author Topic: K Jones or B Zimorra  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
K Jones or B Zimorra
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »
Fellas i have seen lots of thrashing of zimorra and jones on this site, no one wanted to give zimorra a chance for the hex etc but having seen his recent form, it reminds me of what he is capable of

As of today both he and jones has 6 each in the EPL however bobby's goals were a hell of a lot more convincing, and he has that one advantage over KJ (he can actually trap the ball)

Both seem to be way more productive than scotty not that he is playing bad, however is scoreless position as a striker at this stage renders him ineffective.

what do you guys think should we have played him in the hex ? perhaps the future TnT squads, gold cup or something?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:27:04 PM by Mock de Dread »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: K Jones or B Zimorra
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »
Don't need him ... we've other players to work with and KJ isn't needed either Cornell Glenn and others Baptiste or one of the youths ... this is a team game not for primadonnas.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:36:07 PM by Ngozi »

Offline julie_mango

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »
Forget Zamora and Jones... 

The former don't care about TnT and the latter does nothing on the field for us.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:12:29 PM »

The former don't care about TnT and the latter does nothing on the field for us.

So yuh saying Zamora get he Trini passport fuh de diplomatic advantages it affords?  Look I better go renew mine yes.  By de way, tell yuh psychic tuh get mih some lotto numbers nah?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:30:14 PM »

I think I go forget plenty ah U, yes, for d same reasons, U et al, doh care bout T&T, and U doh do nutten for us on(or orf) the field ....and if some sayin how I know dat...is because I using the same crystal meth-od, plenty sootsayers here usein...we doh need nobody man, once we pick the right youths we real good...oh ah forget, an the right coach...wait, the right organization....now...now..nah one more thhhe right government .....maybe if some ah we pick the right country, TT might be better orf yes  >:(  
liks up we own sons & daughters man, shuu dem, mash dem, whoever left is king, and then we doh understand why they life stay foreign, why they ppl who care bout them all away, why dey sooo foreign...one day we go learn...one day me too
yet truth is, to quote someone, we won't be we otherwise, ent ! carry on then 8)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 10:00:42 PM »
Max,
I looking at this from a purely footballing perspective (or at least I'd like to think so). This man Zamora has been given ample opps to rep us ... simple fact he doesn't want to. How can we be interested in pursuing a man who evidently has no real interest in repping us. In all fairness to the man himself it's not beneficial if he is forcing himself into a situation that he doesn't want to be in. Desire helps sometimes else he might just end up being a Randy Moss of this team. The man isn't bad but the fact that we harp on him so much doesnt really show how much we need him but rather that our own lack of development forces us to look to "foreign" players as a quick fix and a savior .. it's unrealistic and in the long term it can be detrimental .... foreign players can be brought in to compliment our own players to resolve certain issues but you can't buy commitment or pride. I think we've been lucky in our choices we've had the luxury of getting very committed foreign players ... I guess this is why I like Birchy so much because his attitude to me is what makes what he does for us on the field so worthwhile..... KJ would do well to learn.
I guess the defining feature here is attitude and desire if it's not there  .... then I don't see the benefit of calling these guys  ... That U20 team was all heart and desire and that's why they did well and nothing else.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 10:28:24 PM »
Max,
I looking at this from a purely footballing perspective (or at least I'd like to think so). This man Zamora has been given ample opps to rep us ... simple fact he doesn't want to.

How many opportunity is "ample"?  He was asked about it once and declined.  The opportunity presented itself again in 2009 and supposedly he sought out the opportunity to suit up for us.  What in the tea leaves yuh was reading tell yuh he doesn't want to represent us... and again, that being so, why did he go thru with the charade of getting a passport?  Should we discount people close to him... like his father, who says he wants to represent us?  He himself said it... we should believe your seer woman instead?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
Why it gotta be or? I think Zamora wanna play for us but as a absolute last resort. We all know we wasn't making world cup by the time Zamora coulda play for us so i think he look at the scene and was like let me hold out to see if i can get a England call up Instead of play for T&T and doh get to play in no WC. Lately its lookin possible that he might just edge he way into the England squad...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:40:40 AM »
Everybody, not just TTians like shortcut, we master trying to find it

England, Germany, Italy,Mexico, Argentina, France, many African contries, all seek to get the best players possible,not many 'foreign' born make their cut mind you but a few come to mind...Hargreaves e.g. touted by England & Germany..
 even Brazil does bring a largely 'foreign' team these days...and this from countries that originate and have heavy investements, finance & time in the game
Doh talk for US & Canada, actively recruiting anyone who is a citizen, irregardless where they born or who dey Parents are...
OETPETLDTT, that is the short cut of today, even for the countries that have had long term
Observe, Evaluate, Test, Prectice,Evaluate, Test,Learn, Develop,Teach, Test

Like with any recipe, the proper steps of combining the ingredients would produce the required goals... sometimes one may even get a negative success, not followinging the recipe, yet still producing the cake, but we know it to be a fluke, and such successes would be few and far between...
Our shortcut seem to be OETPETLDTT...and every round we wonder why we not eating cake
So if all them big & small alike, football entities, willing to woo and recruit whoever is available, and getting some measure of success, why can't we ?
Sometimes shortcuts could make an individual quite lost..
Here in Canada, an kid from a community where his/her parents are from Italy, is considered Italian,from Haitian origins etc..etc...yet they are all canadians, and many love, and grow, with their parents, their culture and respect their historical origins...they are not true Italians mind you, they are true Canadians, but although they may have never touched foot in their parents country, they are familiar with their history, ancestry and origins...Proud to be of both...if they are good enough they will represent and defend either to the best of their capacity....why should we alienate our own ?
I think it was RF who quoted "If ah dog born at sea, is it not a dog", when  speaking of the JA britz.

We need the best we can get for us, regardless of their origins...US soccer did not develop on the backs of US born players, yet now they are reaping the benefits of seeing WC regular. The majority of our brightest and best players would always be foreign, wheter through scholarship, or club. We must not, cannot afford to discard them, and their proteges( their own or the ones they develop). We ship them away for 'better-ment' and do not make the necessary plans to bring them back, which acts negatively not only for them, but for our society, and country....this applies to all facets of our society...what is eventually left, we expect to compete on a mass scale against the world...not so..

On the Birchall point, I like him too..yet, If Birchall was a certified Premier League player (he's not..KJ & BZ are), would we have heard of his parentage, would he have graced our shores, that we would never know...Yet, we act/react negatively to those and the things that we do know....
To close, "Attitude and Desire" are important characteristics that define a player, but also necessary of who/what that player represents as well...And if we demonstrate such to them, what do we really expect in return. As Aretha says "Just ah little bit...R.E.S.P.E.C.T", sometimes nurture all such admirable charecteristics...hope yuh see my point

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:43:15 AM by maxg »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »
allyuh still getting ketch with this ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »
allyuh still getting ketch with this ???
so long as my 5 willing, (actually 4 of the 5), I go hold de basket  :devil:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
Max,
I looking at this from a purely footballing perspective (or at least I'd like to think so). This man Zamora has been given ample opps to rep us ... simple fact he doesn't want to.

How many opportunity is "ample"?  He was asked about it once and declined.  The opportunity presented itself again in 2009 and supposedly he sought out the opportunity to suit up for us.  What in the tea leaves yuh was reading tell yuh he doesn't want to represent us... and again, that being so, why did he go thru with the charade of getting a passport?  Should we discount people close to him... like his father, who says he wants to represent us?  He himself said it... we should believe your seer woman instead?

Try and leave  my seer woman outta this nah Bakes lol.... Cmon you know they asked him more than once they asked him even before Birchy ..... did you know that they been tracking Bobby since he was playing u21 for England and after two world cups this hasn't come together ..... Do you really believe that if his man truly wanted to play for us that he wouldn't? This before the fifa rule was implemented and all that this man was tracked years b4.... truth is either way his relevance to this team (or what's left of it currently) doesn't warrant this much attention.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »
N                 O                N               E
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 08:38:01 PM »

Try and leave  my seer woman outta this nah Bakes lol.... Cmon you know they asked him more than once they asked him even before Birchy ..... did you know that they been tracking Bobby since he was playing u21 for England and after two world cups this hasn't come together ..... Do you really believe that if his man truly wanted to play for us that he wouldn't? This before the fifa rule was implemented and all that this man was tracked years b4.... truth is either way his relevance to this team (or what's left of it currently) doesn't warrant this much attention.

I was hoping tuh get some numbers from either you or Julie_Mango  ;D

All I go say is de man hedge he bets on England no different from Shaka and I sure Birchy as well.  Dat eh pan out and we's he number two choice... shit with de TTFF and dey fackery we mighta be my number two choice too.  Now with he international window of opportunity closing he decide tuh seize de one last chance he have... cyah hate on de man fuh thinking selfishly in that regard.  Man have tuh think selfish because that is the nature of professional sports.  Wha'm tuh Noriega after he fall on he head?  Wha' happen to half dem men who get call fuh cobo sweat and never get call again?  Wha happen tuh de blacklisted players after de Cup?

Allyuh men taking de rejection personally... with TTFF nutten ever personal,  all business until Jack say otherwise.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 08:45:36 PM »
fire bun both ah dem

:flamethrower:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »
fire bun both ah dem

:flamethrower:

Thats kinda cold why u sayin fire bun KJ? i understand Zamora to an extent but KJ? because he eh score?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »

So yuh saying Zamora get he Trini passport fuh de diplomatic advantages it affords?  Look I better go renew mine yes. 

Doh buss yuh files so man... dat go put plenty thing into perspective...
:thinking: lol
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »

So yuh saying Zamora get he Trini passport fuh de diplomatic advantages it affords?  Look I better go renew mine yes. 

Doh buss yuh files so man... dat go put plenty thing into perspective...
:thinking: lol

Scanty evidence upon which to be drawing conclusions... no? :thinking:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 02:42:47 PM »
CAP BOBBY Z NOW!
Hart for president

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 04:20:54 PM »
CAP BOBBY Z NOW!

We have to play games in order to do dat.  Like we will have to resort to cheering on Canada as dey and Ja will be kicking off their WC 2014 campaigns with a friendly in January. Let's go SH!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2009, 12:37:43 PM »
lehwe schedule a quick game against our favorite opponents - St. Kitts, and get it done one time nuh
Hart for president

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2009, 04:52:21 PM »
Fellas i have seen lots of thrashing of zimorra and jones on this site, no one wanted to give zimorra a chance for

Who de fack is zimorra ??Zamora lil sister ??
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 04:59:34 PM »
nutten................not one damn ting...................does pass by allya atall :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
F@CK ZIMORRA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Online sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »
What a tangled web we weave...... :devil:

Love him because you want him to play for you..Z....... :beermug:

Hate him because he mamaguying the I....Z........... :devil:

Love him because he plays for you....KJ

Hate him him because I have no idea why.... :devil:

Jah Bless the I

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »
Why it gotta be or? I think Zamora wanna play for us but as a absolute last resort. We all know we wasn't making world cup by the time Zamora coulda play for us so i think he look at the scene and was like let me hold out to see if i can get a England call up Instead of play for T&T and doh get to play in no WC. Lately its lookin possible that he might just edge he way into the England squad...

Earlier this year Zamora declared his intent to play for T&T, correct? If he submitted his paperwork to FIFA, and I believe he did, then the deal was sealed.

FIFA states that a player can make a "one-time switch", so that would mean that the only country Zamora can play for is T&T.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »
Earlier this year Zamora declared his intent to play for T&T, correct? If he submitted his paperwork to FIFA, and I believe he did, then the deal was sealed.

FIFA states that a player can make a "one-time switch", so that would mean that the only country Zamora can play for is T&T.

Except he never played for TnT dumbass... so the "switch" is yet to be completed.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
Listening to the FOX Sports commentary yesterday during the Sunderland game, both latino commentators discussed how dangerous the T&T team would be with both Jones and Zamora in form. I agreed with them, and only dreamt of what could have been...

However, I feel that's it for Zamora at age 28 - he'll be 33 in 2014. So unless we plan to win the 2011 Gold Cup, he can 'hang up' his national boots from now...

1]; } ?>