April 27, 2024, 03:39:13 PM

Author Topic: WOMEN POLICE RESCUE GIRL, 2  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
WOMEN POLICE RESCUE GIRL, 2
« on: December 22, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »
I am so happy that this little girl was found...but read the slackness in this story. The 4 female officers should be commended for their actions.

Taken from the Newsday

WOMEN POLICE RESCUE GIRL, 2

By RHONDOR DOWLAT Tuesday, December 22 2009

RELIEVED MOM: Mary Pierre is overjoyed to be reunited with her two-year-old daughter Teja Pierre who was rescued by police after being kidnapped from ...

TEJA PIERRE screamed “mummy, mummy!” in terror as she was snatched by a gunman while her mother Mary watched in horror in the yard of their Maraval home on Sunday afternoon. However, two hours later, little Teja was back in the arms of her relieved mother after four police women, a gardener and a resident of the area searched the hills near the victim’s home and found the child unharmed in an old shack.

Pierre, 39, thanked God for protecting her daughter during the ordeal and heaped praise on the police women, the gardener and the other man for helping in rescuing her child. Up to late yesterday, the kidnapper remained at large.

Recalling the incident, Mary said at about midday on Sunday, she was hanging clothes to dry on a clothes line at the back of her Saddle Road, Maraval home when a man ran out from some bushes nearby and announced a hold-up.

“Teja was standing right next to me as I was hanging out the clothes to dry. I just heard a man in the back of me and in a split second he announced a hold-up. By the time I turned around he had a gun pointed at my face. I was only thinking of my daughter and I told him that I had money in the house and that I can go get it for him. But, as I said that, he said ‘no!’ and grabbed Teja before running off into the Jigger Hills,” Pierre said.

“I was shocked, I was crying, I was screaming as I heard my child screaming while the man was running off with her. I called E999 immediately and told them what had happened,” Mary said.

Four police women from Central Division who were on police business in Port-of-Spain heard an All Points Bulletin (APB) over the radio wireless system advising that a two-year-old child was snatched and sprang into action. Disregarding the fact that they were out of their jurisdiction the policewomen immediately headed to Maraval.

The officers split up and went into four tracks along the hill in search of little Teja. During the search which lasted for about two hours, one of the policewomen who was with a gardener came across a shack in the hills where they found little Teja asleep on a mattress inside the locked shack. They broke a padlock which secured a chain on the front door of the shack and rescued the child.

Little Teja was quickly taken to the St James District Health Facility where a thorough medical examination was conducted and doctors gave her a clean bill of health.

“I can never stop praising them (the policewomen) for their quick actions which I am sure was behind my girl being rescued unharmed,” Mary said. Pierre claimed that officers of the Maraval Police Station only got to her home a full half hour after the initial report was made to E999. She also claimed that Maraval police officers refused to head into the hills to join the four policewomen in the search for Teja.

Head of Catch Security Company, Bede Rovedas, who was a part of the search party, confirmed Pierre’s claims saying he was there and saw the officers fail to treat with the kidnapping of little Teja as an “urgent matter”.

“A child was kidnapped and the officers did nothing. They carried out no search and who knows, if it was not for the swift action of the Chaguanas policewomen, the little girl may have never been found.

“When we got back the child, thanks to the response of the women police who are based in Central, we went to the police station (Maraval) twice and got no kind of response from them. Up to now (yesterday) the police said they were coming to visit the scene and take statements but up to now we are still waiting on them,” Rovedas said during an interview at about 1 pm. A manhunt has since been launched for the man who was described as being dark-brown in complexion, tall and of slim build. It is believed that the man lives in the hills. Senior officers from Police Western Division are said to be investigating the veracity of Mary’s claims against officers of the Maraval Police Station.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: WOMEN POLICE RESCUE GIRL, 2
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:31:05 PM »
very well done indeed

Touches, why ya doh suggest that the SWN have annual awards for Heros like these in TnT
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 06:37:38 AM »
Heroic' junior officers make their mark
Aabida Allaham

Thursday, December 24th 2009

went beyond the call: From left-police officers Kizzy Henry-Rigault, Ronella Alleyne, Hakim Bullen, Lorraine Leopold and Racquel Smith after finishing their late shift yesterday at their Biljah Road base in Chaguanas. -Photo: DEXTER PHILIP

AT a time when people are losing all hope and confidence in the Police Service, five junior police officers are setting out to change the way society sees them.

Coming off their late-night shift, the constables yesterday spoke to the Express, at their Biljah Road base in Chaguanas, about the incident that has labelled them heroes in communities across the country.

The group-comprising four female officers, Lorraine Leopold, Ronella Alleyne, Kizzy Henry-Rigault and Racquel Smith; and one male officer, Hakim Bullen-is part of the Ministry of National Security’s Project 250 which was created to manage ’hot spots’ throughout the country.

The awe-inspiring moment, however, came last Sunday while they were making regular patrols in the Port of Spain area.

Reports are that the officers heard an All Points Bulletin (APB) informing them that a gunman had snatched two-year-old Teja Pierre from the arms of her mother, Mary Pierre, at their Maraval home. The officers sprang into action, disregarding the fact that they were out of the jurisdiction.

’I think the only thing on our minds then was to just make sure we get back that two-year-old child... and yeah, I guess being a parent had something to do with it,’ Bullen, 30, told the Express yesterday.

Splitting up, the officers searched the hilly area for about two and a half hours before Bullen finally came across a locked shack, broke a lock to get in and found Teja resting from exhaustion on a mattress inside.

When asked what motivated them to rush to the scene, forgetting about protocol, Smith, 32, said as a police officer, it was her duty to protect and serve, but maternal instincts played a part in their swiftness.

’We are trying to get back everything that we, as in this country, losing, (morals, everything) on the whole, and I mean, it was a two-year-old baby... the fact of the matter is it was also a baby... you don’t want to see a next mother lose a child,’ she said.

Acting Deputy Police Commissioner Raymond Craig, who was also at the base that day, told the Express, ’Being a parent is one, but being a police officer foremost was what made them act.’

’Something like this is part of our duty... and it was just a normal daily routine,’ interjected Bullen. Craig added that it was ’just alarming that a human being would just take somebody’s child’.

The officers refuse to consider themselves heroes, however, even though they are the reason Teja is safely back in her mother’s arms.

’You know, everybody is talking about us as being heroes, but really, we don’t feel that way. I think the only real feeling that we got that we did something was when we were there in that moment and actually seeing that everything turned out okay,’ Smith said.

’It was a feeling of joy and, in addition to feeling proud, I knew the mother would feel happy to have her child home for Christmas and not somewhere else,’ Bullen added.

They all agreed that returning the child was the moment they realised how much people appreciated what they did.

’My heart feels good and we are just happy about this whole thing and we know that we want to continue this and help people because that is why we are here,’ Alleyne exclaimed.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »
dem maraval police extra wutless :-\.....what yuh really hadda do to loss yuh police wukk in trute?

on the flip side I never see policewoman slim and shapely so....no wonder dey run up in de bush fas fasd indem skirt
when I was small all police woman did stretch de uniform look like marjorie beepathsingh
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 09:27:14 AM »
finally people who aint fraid to do their job, on a side note, i think is time they get rid of them skirt, that is old time thing.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>