April 25, 2024, 07:04:58 AM

Author Topic: Chase on for US star  (Read 9409 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Chase on for US star
« on: December 23, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »
Chase on for US star
Premier clubs eye international midfielder

A host of Premier League clubs are ready to battle it out to sign United States international Ricardo Clarke, skysports.com understands.

The 26-year-old midfielder has more than 20 caps for the US and is an integral part of their side.

Now he is ready to make the move to Europe and a switch to England looks the most likely prospect.

Clarke is out-of-contract with MLS side Houston Dynamo and is set to leave on a free transfer in January.

Defensive midfielder Clarke would have no issues in landing a work-permit needed to play in England as he is a regular in the US side, which has qualified for the World Cup finals.

Clarke is odds-on to start in Bob Bradley's midfield when it comes up against England in the World Cup clash in Rustenburg on 12th June.

Clarke looks set to be one of two Houston players making their way across the Atlantic this January, with team-mate Stuart Holden also tipped to make the move to England
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5795659,00.html

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Chase on for US star
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 07:57:48 AM »
Tha's d fella with the trini father who score against we in our best performance in the hex?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:25:26 AM »
Tha's d fella with the trini father who score against we in our best performance in the hex?
Yep.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »
yes is leonardo's son...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »
But a-a! Zeppo sleeping?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »
didnt know he had trini roots

oh wel...no use now cause we stik as usual

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
didnt know he had trini roots

oh wel...no use now cause we stik as usual

We were never in the running.... but I wish him well all the same, very tenacious defender who can also play the holding mid.  He has a tendency to be rash and draw foolish fouls though, so hopefully he'll learn to curb that in Europe.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 04:45:10 AM »
but I wish him well all the same, very tenacious defender who can also play the holding mid. 

Clark played a handful of games at right back with the MetroStars when there were injury problems, but for the rest of his professional career he's been a midfielder. In his games for the U.S. he's been played exclusively in midfield.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
yes is leonardo's son...

wha he pops tell him after he score that goal against us
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
but I wish him well all the same, very tenacious defender who can also play the holding mid. 

Clark played a handful of games at right back with the MetroStars when there were injury problems, but for the rest of his professional career he's been a midfielder. In his games for the U.S. he's been played exclusively in midfield.

You need to check your facts again because he was also playing left back for Houston when James first got there.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 12:07:43 PM »
Clark is first and foremost a midfielder, even if he has played a few games at fullback when his team was in a pinch.

He is listed as a midfielder in both his Houston Dynamo bio as well as his U.S. Soccer bio, and any Premier League club that is eying him would surely want him as a midfielder.

To describe him as a "defender who can also play the holding mid" is misleading, to say the least.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 09:11:11 PM »
Clark is first and foremost a midfielder, even if he has played a few games at fullback when his team was in a pinch.

He is listed as a midfielder in both his Houston Dynamo bio as well as his U.S. Soccer bio, and any Premier League club that is eying him would surely want him as a midfielder.

To describe him as a "defender who can also play the holding mid" is misleading, to say the least.

Who gives a shit if you find it "misleading" or not?  You claim he played a "right back with the MetroStars when there were injury problems, but for the rest of his professional career he's been a midfielder. In his games for the U.S. he's been played exclusively in midfield."    Was he playing "exclusively" in midfield when he was in Houston?  I guess not.

The mistake you make is in thinking that people actually give two shits one way or another about Ricardo Clark to the extent that they'd be 'mislead' about anything regarding him.  At any rate I didn't post it for your convenience, if you don't like it you're always free to ride to f**k out and go back to whichever "soccer" site you crawled in from.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:12:56 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 07:14:56 AM »
And Roy Keane played a handful of games in central defense for Manchester United when there was an injury crisis. Would you also describe him as a "defender who can also play the holding mid"?

Anyway, there's no need for you to get all bent out of shape. It's not my fault if practically every post you make is a comedy of errors.
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 11:01:41 AM »
And Roy Keane played a handful of games in central defense for Manchester United when there was an injury crisis. Would you also describe him as a "defender who can also play the holding mid"?

Anyway, there's no need for you to get all bent out of shape. It's not my fault if practically every post you make is a comedy of errors.

He did?  When was that?

The only thing getting bent out of shape is the rusty tin can between your mother's legs.  Have you figured out who your father is yet... or is the lottery still going on?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »
word on the street is that several english clubs looking at stuart holden. since actually scottish, no work permit required.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »
word on the street is that several english clubs looking at stuart holden. since actually scottish, no work permit required.

They could do worse. However, one wonders how much of a risk it would be for him to make that move prior to WC 2010, rather than after it.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »

Who gives a shit if you find it "misleading" or not?  You claim he played a "right back with the MetroStars when there were injury problems, but for the rest of his professional career he's been a midfielder. In his games for the U.S. he's been played exclusively in midfield."    Was he playing "exclusively" in midfield when he was in Houston?  I guess not.

The mistake you make is in thinking that people actually give two shits one way or another about Ricardo Clark to the extent that they'd be 'mislead' about anything regarding him.  At any rate I didn't post it for your convenience, if you don't like it you're always free to ride to f**k out and go back to whichever "soccer" site you crawled in from.

Clark is a midfielder. You got called out on it. Take it like a man and get rid of this immature, tantrum act fella.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:01:39 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
Clark is a midfielder. You got called out on it. Take it like a man and get rid of this immature, tantrum act fella.

Fella you could join Zeppo and go fold up inside yuh mother c**t fuh all I care... since yuh want insert yuhself in the mix.  Whether he's officially a midfielder or a defender I personally couldn't give two f**ks about because he's played extensively at both. One thing's for sure Clark has played a whole lot more defense than just a "handful of games at right back with the MetroStars", including playing most of the 2007 season in defense for Houston.  Anybody who was watching that team at the time he got suspended could attest to that. 

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »

Fella you could join Zeppo and go fold up inside yuh mother c**t fuh all I care... since yuh want insert yuhself in the mix.  Whether he's officially a midfielder or a defender I personally couldn't give two f**ks about because he's played extensively at both. One thing's for sure Clark has played a whole lot more defense than just a "handful of games at right back with the MetroStars", including playing most of the 2007 season in defense for Houston.  Anybody who was watching that team at the time he got suspended could attest to that. 

Ah see yuh vex... yuh team getta comprehensive beating yesterday.... doh take it out on de man!  :rotfl:

Side note:
I remember seeing an interview with Clark and they was talking about him and his defensive abilities. True to fact he also mentioned that his desire was to play for the US. His dad took an interest in TnT but no one responded favorably. He said that other than the US he's always supporting the Socawarriors....

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 04:29:55 PM »

Great. You saw him play some defense for Houston. Good job. Why the need to throw out childish insults and take severe personal offense for someone stating a fact about the player whose thread this is about? You need psychiatric help.
Hart for president

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »
Ah see yuh vex... yuh team getta comprehensive beating yesterday.... doh take it out on de man!  :rotfl:

Lol.. nah man, I did done see de wheels coming off de playoff wagon so I was vex only fuh about two hours  :-\

Doh worry, yours eh doing nutten come January either, lol

Great. You saw him play some defense for Houston. Good job. Why the need to throw out childish insults and take severe personal offense for someone stating a fact about the player whose thread this is about? You need psychiatric help.

"Why the need" to make any of this your business?  Somebody appoint you Miss f**king Manners?  'Bout I get "called out"... look fella make ah f**king turn eh.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 03:47:02 AM »
wow I love the Christmas spirit on the site
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 10:24:59 AM »

Lol.. nah man, I did done see de wheels coming off de playoff wagon so I was vex only fuh about two hours  :-\

Doh worry, yours eh doing nutten come January either, lol

"Why the need" to make any of this your business?  Somebody appoint you Miss f**king Manners?  'Bout I get "called out"... look fella make ah f**king turn eh.

Because its annoying to see this site inundated with frequent immature, unintelligent tantrums from the same person.
Hart for president

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 11:38:04 AM »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 01:45:22 PM »
 ::)

ALWAYS the same M.O.
Cuss ah man mudda, then bring in references to their defecatory body parts

Smart is as Smart gets

buh de part about getten FREE RENT in he head ent bad :devil:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:47:23 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »

Because its annoying to see this site inundated with frequent immature, unintelligent tantrums from the same person.

well here's a novel idea... whenever you see something posted by "Bake n Shark" apply some discretion and doh f**king read it, or is it that yuh just can't help yuhself?

::)

ALWAYS the same M.O.
Cuss ah man mudda, then bring in references to their defecatory body parts

Smart is as Smart gets

buh de part about getten FREE RENT in he head ent bad :devil:

Who made any reference to "defecatory body parts"?  Or is it just that yuh was hoping for somebody to call yuh name?  You don't even have the courage to address me directly or on your own, instead you rather wait in the wings until words flying to add your piece. Nearly sixty years old and yuh f**king balls still ent descend yet.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 06:40:38 PM »
who made any reference to "defecatory body parts"?  Or is it just that yuh was hoping for somebody to call yuh name?  You don't even have the courage to address me directly or on your own, instead you rather wait in the wings until words flying to add your piece. Nearly sixty years old and yuh f**king balls still ent descend yet.
What an astute putdong :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
your family must be sooooooo proud of you
I know your little friends are................ those 5 or 6 you get your information from

what a sad man little boy
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »

I know your little friends are................ those 5 or 6 you get your information from

Don't worry about my family or friends yuh f**king maccomeh queer... worry about your own if you have any.  As surgically attached as you are to your keyboard I know it must be hard having a real life.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »

Don't worry about my family or friends yuh f**king maccomeh queer... worry about your own if you have any.  As surgically attached as you are to your keyboard I know it must be hard having a real life.
another ASTUTE putdong....your inbox from your little friends must be over loaded eh
that from a boy who has OVER 40,00 posts on another forum....brilliant form my boy :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

what is most impressive is that your little friends have not shown their little faces as yet...because that is another MO of allya
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:25:48 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>