March 28, 2024, 04:07:41 PM

Author Topic: Athletes gearing up for 2010  (Read 5515 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Athletes gearing up for 2010
« on: December 26, 2009, 07:40:45 AM »
Saw Michelle lee Ahye going through her paces at the HCS recently...also Jehue Gordon is looking like a class act at his club's training ...He is even challenging some of the sprinters at his club...some of the foreign based  are back and following their programmes on St mary's ground and at the Zoo. I believe we could be seeing some more success for T&T athletes this year with some top notch Juniors coming up .
I am looking for Jonathan Holder and the younger Jean marc constantine ( who has been undefeated for years in the sprints in his age group ) to signal thier arrivals on to  bigger stages.
Young jeunice maxime fresh from her top award at Memphis Pioneers ceremony is now up toi the under 15 age group. She raced unbeaten last year in the under 13 ...
The foreign based will go into action in january in the USA and so will the locals with a development meet 9th January...see the Naaa website.
Good excitement seeing the youngsters ...and its all free !
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:49:32 AM by Socapro »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arthletes gearing up for 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 07:28:29 AM »
Great news!!!! thanks for keeping us updated really happy to hear that Michelle is back- when i came to Trinidad in the summer i saw her walking through town looking like she was either coming from/going to training and she was looking in good shape. I know Jehue would be there because he values hard work and see how much better he has become! he will be a future star for sure and the foreign based. Good to hear about the juniors i know little about i.e. Jeunice Maxime fresh and Jean Marc Constantine-which events do they compete in? ANy news on Kernisha Spann?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 07:52:58 PM »
Great news!!!! thanks for keeping us updated really happy to hear that Michelle is back- when i came to Trinidad in the summer i saw her walking through town looking like she was either coming from/going to training and she was looking in good shape. I know Jehue would be there because he values hard work and see how much better he has become! he will be a future star for sure and the foreign based. Good to hear about the juniors i know little about i.e. Jeunice Maxime fresh and Jean Marc Constantine-which events do they compete in? ANy news on Kernisha Spann?

They are both sprinters ...really good potentially . After the developmental meet in january I can fill in some more blanks ...especially wanting to see how Johnathan Holder recovers from his hamstring injury late last year which kept him out of representing T&T at the world junior games.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 07:17:58 AM »
Thats really good news, and of course i forgot about Johnathan Holder but yes he was injured wasn't he and I hope he has recovered. I hope they all are able to have a successful future not only on the junior circuit but on the senior as well.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:35:02 AM »
Hasley Crawford Stadium was buzzing last evening ...even Thomson was there ..doing his stretching and flexiblity routine on a bench with a trainer in de stand.
Plenty youths out from Memphis Pioneers and Concorde clubs...Ian Morris was taking his runners through their paces as well as Doc Hypolite and Edwin Skinner.
The first developmental meet for the season takes place at 100pm on satuday so all who interested should make the trip to see the hopefuls for this year.
Jehue Gordon says he is running the 110 hurdles, 400 hurdles and 4x4 relay .
the emhasis will of course be on the young runners as I am not too sure the foreign based still around will compete.
The second meet will be in tobago on Sunday.  :beermug:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 08:36:13 AM »
Forgot to mention that at half past 6 athletes were still training ...in the dark ...but the flag was well lit although the stadium was dark !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 08:38:22 AM »
Forgot to mention that at half past 6 athletes were still training ...in the dark ...but the flag was well lit although the stadium was dark !

So is really more than 2 mill as d electricty cost nah included.  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 08:41:08 AM »
Not too long ago Ato described us as an athletics country who like football rather than a football country who likes athletics ...imagine on saturday we will be seeing world class junior athletes who can get into world finals in their events and be competitive ...cant say the same for the footballers we have in training now ...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 08:42:08 AM »

So is really more than 2 mill as d electricty cost nah included.  :rotfl:

yeah and counting !!!

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »
Great updates keep em coming. Im so annoyed im in the UK lol. But i know where my allegiance lies- TRINI2DBONE. I really hope they make a good start to the year esp Jehue and Michelle. One question- who is Michelle's coach?

AirMan

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »
Thanks for updating the forum Jai John..keep them coming

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »

name.........john-mark constantine
club..........cocorde
event........track
competition..100m,200m,4x100m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pv7kTxPVr0

anchor leg.....

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »

name.........john-mark constantine
club..........cocorde
event........track
competition..100m,200m,4x100m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pv7kTxPVr0

anchor leg.....

Oh Ive seen him before he rel fas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this year brings lots of success for him.

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »
HOW COULD THEY FORGET SHERMUND ALLSUP ;D

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 07:56:20 PM »
might check out de stadium tomorrow ...fans of johnathan Holder wont see him on Saturday ...coach has him in reserve for next meet ...taking care not to rush him back into the fray after his hamstring injury last season.
Michelle Lee Ahye is a Concorde runner ..barton is the trainer. ..someone asked.
A lot is expected of her this season even by rival coaches ...I like the friendly rivalry .
Honore Mc Donald is making a comeback ...training hard.
Carifta will be hot this year with many of the stars still around ...
hope to meet Ato on Saturday ..Ato yuh go be there ?
I know Hasley is a regular ..looking for the next gold medallist .....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »
Aye, Jai!!!!
                   Happy New Year and thanks for the TF info. Where will Carifta be held this year? Will TT have a big team to match JA. Sometimes JA will have 3 people in a race, with the chance of sweeping 1, 2,3. Do we have the depth this year?

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 04:26:57 AM »
might check out de stadium tomorrow ...fans of johnathan Holder wont see him on Saturday ...coach has him in reserve for next meet ...taking care not to rush him back into the fray after his hamstring injury last season.
Michelle Lee Ahye is a Concorde runner ..barton is the trainer. ..someone asked.
A lot is expected of her this season even by rival coaches ...I like the friendly rivalry .
Honore Mc Donald is making a comeback ...training hard.
Carifta will be hot this year with many of the stars still around ...
hope to meet Ato on Saturday ..Ato yuh go be there ?
I know Hasley is a regular ..looking for the next gold medallist .....

Good I really like the sounds of things.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 08:11:44 AM »
Virgin Islands to host CARIFTA 2010...NACAC Half-Marathon Championships 2009...NACAC
Cross-Country Championships 2011...

The North America, Central America and Caribbean Athletic Confederation (NACAC) has awarded three
of its championships competition to the Virgin Islands. They include: The 2010 CARIFTA Championships
to be held in St.Thomas; The NACAC Half-Marathon Championships 2009 to be held in St.Croix and The
NACAC Cross-Country Championships 2011 to be held in St.Croix.
These announcements were in conjunction with the NACAC Bahamas Sumit held in Nassau, Bahamas
October 23 to 25.
Beijing Olympic Games...
Two Virgin Islands National Team athletes have qualified for the Beijing Olympics for the Virgin Islands.
Lavern Jones: 100m, 200m, 400m; Tabarie Henry: 400m.
To qualify for the Olympics, athletes must be registered with the Virgin Islands Track and Field Federation
to establish eligibility, once eligible, athletes must qualify by meeting the IAAF "A" or "B" Standard and
meet the criteria of the Virgin Islands Olympic Committee.
Jones and Henry have met the "A" Standards. To review the IAAF Beijing Olympic Qualifying Standards
logon to the IAAF website.
Athletes who are approaching the qualifying standards are: Adrian Durant 100m, 200m; Valma Bass 100m,
200m; Courtney Patterson 100m, 200m; Terry Charles 800m; Lisah Hamilton Marathon
Upcoming Competition...
Athletes, coaches and officials should be aware that the following upcoming competitions are
scheduled for the upcoming months:
June 12-23 CAC University Championships--El Salvador, San Salvador
July 4-6 CAC Senior Championships--Cali, Colombia
July 8-13 World Junior Championshps--Bydgoszca, Poland
July 18-20 NACAC Under-23 Championships--Toluca, Mexico
August 15-24 Beijing Olympic Games--Beijing, China
Other regional competitions will be added as they are finalized.
CARIFTA 2008
The Federation is preparing the V.I.National Team for CARIFTA which will be held in
St.Kitts/Nevis March 221-24. Athletes, Coaches, Officials intent with being eligible for and
representing the V.I. with team are reminded to complete your annual Federation Form and
submit a valid passport promptly.
VITFF Bulletin #: 17-8-07 Athlete Training Grants…
The Virgin Islands Track and Field Federation announced today that those athletes who are
currently on Virgin Islands Olympic Committee Training Grants interested in continuing to receive
the grants and others who are eligible should apply to the Federation with a letter to the Virgin
Islands Track and Field Federation to requests its support and justify the request by outlining their
level of fitness (exemplified by competition results) individual training program and competition
plans for the next year. Currently athletes on the grants include: Adrian Durant and Julio Felix,
male sprinters; Laverne Jones and Valma Bass, female sprinters and Bill Bohlke, long distance
runner. These athletes competed on Virgin Islands national teams in the North America, Central
America and Caribbean Championships in El Salvador; the Pan Am Games in Brazil, the World
University Games in Bangkok, Thailand and other international competitions.
Get this information to the Federation via email by August 23. The Federation registration and
other information is available at: http://virginislandstrackandfield.org
Contact the Virgin Islands Track and Field Federation at: isv@mf.iaaf.org

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »
Hw was the meet?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 06:09:29 AM »
Hw was the meet?
kinda disappointing with only the starlets coming out..I guess the first will be like that ...next week is another and I hope some of the stars decide to take part . The NAAA site already has the results so you could look up some of your favourites there ... Jeunice Maxime won both her races running in her first year in that age group ...she looked very comfortable ...cougars athletes were in the thick of things so were the Memphis runners.
Gabriella Cumberbatch had no competition really ..
NAAA must work on starting on time ...

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »
checked them out and yes it was kinda disappointing but the younger ones have to get their time too i guess. Hopefully next time we will see the older guys and girls

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 11:32:57 PM »
Elites athletes get funding. From todays internet Express.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161602244

AirMan

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »
I heard about this Constantine youth..but him still very young..i will wait a few more years to see what he has in store

1]; } ?>