April 17, 2024, 06:10:11 PM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke should replace Fenwick as national team coach  (Read 1355 times)

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke should replace Fenwick as national team coach
« on: July 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM »
Fenwick was a relative failure in the UK and he struggled to maintain his coaching appointments. It is obvious that Fenwick and Miller are taking advantage of the gullible united TTFA. This group needs to understand that Fenwick and Millers's colonialist and imperialist attitudes do not belong in our present day sports. They cannot get jobs in the UK so why should we line their pockets. We should raise our standards and not take UK rejects to lead our football programs. I would prefer giving Yorke or Latapy an opportunity to move our football forward. Only time will tell what Latapy will deliver for Barbados but every player and coach can improve with the passage of time. Dennis Lawrence lacked strategy and character. DL depended on his relationship with JW to keep his position. DL did not seek to increase his skillset or adapt to his competition. He may be better suited to be an assistant instead of a head coach.

Yorke is an interesting option. His football punditry and analysis seems in tuned with the game and its evolution. He seems to be more modern than the old school Fenwick. He worked hard as a player and was able to realize tremendous success. I know that this is no guarantee for success.

I would suggest investing in local coaching prospects. Getting them certified and trained with FIFA credentials will only bode well for the local game. We need to raise up our people instead of constantly pushing them down. The 4 best coaches TT every had were Beenhakker, St Clair, Gally Cummings and Hart. 3 of these are Trinidadian. The major issues with the TT players are strength and conditioning, performance based nutrition and mental training(boosting and maintaining confidence while overcoming adversity).

Why not give Yorke a chance when no one else wants to give him a chance?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight Yorke should replace Fenwick as national team coach
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »
Because your flagship National Team is not the place to be "Given a Chance!"

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 01:34:27 PM »

Yorke is an interesting option. His football punditry and analysis seems in tuned with the game and its evolution. He seems to be more modern than the old school Fenwick. He worked hard as a player and was able to realize tremendous success. I know that this is no guarantee for success.

I would suggest investing in local coaching prospects. Getting them certified and trained with FIFA credentials will only bode well for the local game. We need to raise up our people instead of constantly pushing them down. The 4 best coaches TT every had were Beenhakker, St Clair, Gally Cummings and Hart. 3 of these are Trinidadian. The major issues with the TT players are strength and conditioning, performance based nutrition and mental training(boosting and maintaining confidence while overcoming adversity).

Seems a reach when they're so many questions.
No one doubted his talent on the field or his passion for the game.

I truly hope he can secure a role within an academy or youth system to at least get valuable experience there.
Would be a stretch to throw him into the mix with his first role as a head coach of the national team tho.....

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 11:56:46 PM »
No

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 12:33:53 AM »
Fenwick was a relative failure in the UK and he struggled to maintain his coaching appointments. It is obvious that Fenwick and Miller are taking advantage of the gullible united TTFA. This group needs to understand that Fenwick and Millers's colonialist and imperialist attitudes do not belong in our present day sports. They cannot get jobs in the UK so why should we line their pockets. We should raise our standards and not take UK rejects to lead our football programs. I would prefer giving Yorke or Latapy an opportunity to move our football forward. Only time will tell what Latapy will deliver for Barbados but every player and coach can improve with the passage of time. Dennis Lawrence lacked strategy and character. DL depended on his relationship with JW to keep his position. DL did not seek to increase his skillset or adapt to his competition. He may be better suited to be an assistant instead of a head coach.

please go to hell with that with that rubbish! I don’t want another soca warrior, especially from the 2006 world cup team coaching our senior team. let all rookie wanna be coaches go lose their cherry else where and gather their experiences at someone else’s expense, not ours. IMO dennis should be the very last unproven coach ever to use the men’s senior team as a launching pad for their careers.

PS. yorke had a chance when he helped latapy in 2009 and they both failed, so that you’re aware. latapy ,yorke, angus eve, stern John, kenwin Jones and dennis lawrence all got chances to coach our teams from the youngsters to the seniors and they all underperformed, and do you want to know why? because they had no actual experience in team management prior to their TT coaching stints.

BTW dwight wants to coach in the EPL, he does not want a gig coaching lesser teams, again......so that you are aware.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:50:06 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 03:30:02 PM »
pull, You know I was behind Fenwick 100%. But these revelations and the way He and Miller manipulate Wallace make sour on him. I friggin pissed. You don't want another local coaching, but the entire scenario was duplicitous. I wish him the best because is our team, but ........
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 03:32:53 PM by Deeks »

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 08:46:36 PM »
TrinidadGate: Fenwick, the police chief and the missing scholarship funds.
By Paul Nicholson (insideworldfootball)

England defender turned Trinidad and Tobago national team coach Terry Fenwick is again attracting attention, this time over financial dealings around his Football Factory youth school with growing suspicion that money intended for player scholarships to the UK has gone missing

The Football Factory has a deal with English ticket-to-player-to-marketing agency CatalystPSM in the UK, which ostensibly offers a pathway for players to professional football from a Sunderland base. The overseas ‘scholarships’ are paid for by the players or their sponsors – estimated at £20,000 for a year.

Fenwick told four youth players two years ago that they were lined up to go to England on scholarships with the finance being provided by sponsorship.

One parent, who spoke to Insideworldfootball, said that his son was one of the four and that for almost two years Fenwick told him that the scholarship money had not arrived, but that he was expecting it any minute and that his son should be ready to leave. At one point the parent was told by Fenwick that he had received the money only to be told later that it hadn’t arrived.

The scholarship money was to be provided from revenue from the Commissioner’s Cup, a social awareness cup for police youth clubs that received funding from corporate sponsorship and the Police Commissioner’s (Gary Griffiths) budget. Fenwick was put in charge of administrating the tournament.

To date only one player from Trinidad has been sent to England, Gary Griffiths’ son who went first to Sunderland College and the student academy there, before going on trial at little known Coleraine in Northern Ireland. He is now back in Trinidad.

Sources have told Insideworldfootball that even Griffiths – understandably a strong supporter of Fenwick – has begun asking questions privately as to what happened to the money. Yesterday the launch of the competition took place at the Police Barracks ground, Fenwick was not in attendance.

Fenwick, in his role as national team coach, has used the police ground for national training though a number of lower ranking police officers have been questioning why their ground was being used when the national team has its own training centre at the Ato Bolden Stadium.

Fenwick was appointed national team coach under the new William Wallace TTFA presidential regime in December 2019. That regime was replaced by a FIFA Normalisation Committee in March this year, though Fenwick has retained his position.

Prior to the TTFA job, Fenwick had not held a coaching position in adult football for more than six years, having returned to Trinidad after a failed stint at FC Vise in Belgium. Fenwick does not hold a recognised top level coaching license though was trumpeted as the new dawn for Trinidad and Tobago national team football on his appointment.

It has been an appointment mired in non-step controversy and allegations of fraud from helping rig the election of Wallace and the United TTFA faction to the TTFA board via forged documents of sponsorship support, to his links to another English marketing man, Peter Miller, and dubious deals with kit firm AVEC and a $50 million proposal to redevelop the Arima Velodrome.

Since his appointment Fenwick has not had a national team game but has conducted national team training, usually with youth players and with a bulk of them from his own Football Factory scheme and using Football Factory coaches, and at the police ground. Remarkably he has held his position under the FIFA Normalisation Committee led by Robert Hadad, who he is believed to have long links with.

Further reading:

Million $ questions: Fenwick, Miller, Celtic, and the abuse of Trinidad’s Jabloteh

England player, club manager…forger. Terry Fenwick implicated in Trinidad scandals

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 04:51:13 AM by Flex »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 11:55:04 PM »
Steuppsss trinidad is a bacchanal country. these people especially their journalist go digging up dirt where there’s none. a few weeks ago it was alleged that the prime minister somehow was selling fuel to Venezuela, then before that it was alleged that he was punishing people stuck in other countries after the boarder was closed, and before that he was involved in a oil company scandal where he had a secret bank account in florida, and the list of accusations goes on and on and all being witch hunts with nothing steeped in facts.

I noticed that every time a certain journalist writes an article it’s always critical and revealing some kind of scandal and very rare does he ever puts out a lighthearted inspirational article about anything remotely progressive.

all this bollocks about fenwick I’m sure brent sancho and fat boy has their spies out their digging up old dirt just so that fat boy could make his way back in football like somehow he have an inherent right to govern our football. don’t believe the hype deeks, these people who’s bitching the most all have personal agendas.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 01:34:17 AM »
Steuppsss trinidad is a bacchanal country. these people especially their journalist go digging up dirt where there’s none. a few weeks ago it was alleged that the prime minister somehow was selling fuel to Venezuela, then before that it was alleged that he was punishing people stuck in other countries after the boarder was closed, and before that he was involved in a oil company scandal where he had a secret bank account in florida, and the list of accusations goes on and on and all being witch hunts with nothing steeped in facts.

I noticed that every time a certain journalist writes an article it’s always critical and revealing some kind of scandal and very rare does he ever puts out a lighthearted inspirational article about anything remotely progressive.

all this bollocks about fenwick I’m sure brent sancho and fat boy has their spies out their digging up old dirt just so that fat boy could make his way back in football like somehow he have an inherent right to govern our football. don’t believe the hype deeks, these people who’s bitching the most all have personal agendas.

Pull, I am not taken by all these past allegations. I eh believing all that hype. But the way the transaction was done gives the appearance of malfeasance. It has left a sour taste in my mouth, at least. Just when we seem to be over the hump, we getting all these obstacles. But I still believe he is the man for the job. That is if he is getting the resources from FIFA and other local sponsors. If the the local sponsors still hedging their bets, then it will be difficult for him to be effective. All these people who say they want the best for TT football should step up to the plate and help FUND all the national teams. Both WOMEN and men.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 04:54:01 AM »
Well, I am not sure if it's true or not. However, without calling names, I was told by an official TTFA member a while ago that Dwight Yorke was indeed considered for the job to coach T&T but wanted too much money.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 05:33:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 11:21:51 AM »
Well, I am not sure if it's true or not. However, without calling names, I was told by an official TTFA member a while ago that Dwight Yorke was indeed considered for the job to coach T&T but wanted too much money.

Well, well, well!!!!!

1]; } ?>