April 20, 2024, 12:30:08 AM

Author Topic: Ma Pau signs Joe goalie Figueroa  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ma Pau signs Joe goalie Figueroa
« on: December 31, 2009, 07:39:33 AM »
Ma Pau signs Joe goalie Figueroa
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Third year T&T Pro League club, Ma Pau has made another raid on newly-crowned Digicel Pro League champions, bmobile Joe Public with the capture of experienced goalkeeper Alejandro Figueroa. Less than a week after announcing the signing of hard tackling Joe Public defender Seon Powers, the Woodbrook-based Ma Pau coached by former Joe Public technical director Michael Mc Comie, has managed to woo the experience Colombian custodian. Figueroa was set to be out of contract by today and was offered a new deal by Joe Public. However, he has opted to make the move to the Ma Pau. Eve also said the club has completed the signings of two more former Clico San Juan Jabloteh players in 21-year-old Lester “Corn Curls” Peltier and Joe Russell, 20. The signings were announced by assistant coach Angus Eve on Wednesday.

Figueroa, who is currently on vaction in his native Colombia played a key role in Joe Public’s capturing of five titles during the season, his third year with the club. The Colombian who has also played for local clubs Doc’s Khelwalaas, Jabloteh and W Connection since arriving in T&T in 1997. Peltier and Russell were part of the Jabloteh set-up for the past four years and their departure will be another blow for returning coach, Englishman Terry Fenwick. The signing of the trio brings the total number of new players for the 2010 season snapped up by Ma Pau to six. Last week Eve also confirmed the signing of Joe Public’s Powers and Jabloteh midfielders Elton John and Devon Jamerson on two-year contracts. Eve, a former national midfielder and coach at Jabloteh said the club was very delighted with the players they have managed to acquire so far in the off season as they plan on mounting a serious challenge for all the titles at stake along.

The Ma Pau assistant said, “We are not finish with signings for the 2010 season as we expect to acquire three more players over the next week which will bring the total to nine.” Club coach Michael Mc Comie added that the players who they went after have all accepted the chance to come to a club which they see going in the right direction. “We have expressed to the guys that we intend to be much more competive and I must also credit Angus (Eve) for the job done so far with regards to the new players. “Angus was given the responsibility of player recruitment and I must say that we have been very pleased with quality of players he has managed to bring to the club. With regards to the signing of Powers, which was refuted by Joe Public Managing Director Darryl Warner, Mc Comie said it was rather strange too see the release from the club. “We held discussions with the player and we are in possession of a written contract which the player will be sticking too”, added Mc Comie.

Joe fines errant players 15 per cent of salaries
Darryl Warner, Managing Dierctor of Digicel Pro League champions, bmobile Joe Public has confirmed that errant players Hayden Tinto, Carlyle Mitchell, Gorean Highley and Kareem Young have been fined for playing in minor league football. The four players who all played key roles in helping the Eastern Lions capture an unprecedented five titles during the just concluded Pro League season were all caught playing in the Eddie Hart Football League earlier this month. The players were seen by a member of the club’s technical staff who reported the matter to the club management who after some deliberation have decided to fine the players, 15 per cent of their salaries for the month of January 2010.

Warner also revealed that the club has decided to part ways with experienced defender Keyeno Thomas, who missed the latter stages of the season through injury along with national Under-20 midfielder Jean-Luc Rochford. The burly Thomas, who has been with the club for almost six years is said to be close to a move to Ma Pau, where he is expected to reunite with former Joe Public coach Michael Mc Comie while its is understood that Rochford did not sign because he is eyeing a trial stint in the Middle East. So far this off-season, JoePublic has signed up striker Andre Toussaint and Nigel Daniel, who were both out of contracts at W Connection and United Petrotrin respectively.

Caledonia offers Joseph, David new deals
Digicel Pro Bowl runners-up Caledonia AIA of Morvant/Laventille has offered new deals to out-of-contract duo Stephan David and Kareem Joseph. This was confirmed by club coach, Jamaal Shabazz when contacted on Wednesday. Shabbaz was quick to squash reports that Joseph who’s contract expired at the end of the season had signed for Clico San Juan Jabloteh. “Kareem has not signed with Jabloteh and all we are awaiting now is for him to put pen to paper on a new deal with us.” “The same applies to David who has already given us his word that he will be returning to the club.” Shabazz also confirmed that Guyanese striker Randolph Jerome, who has played for no fewer than four local clubs and midfielder Marcus “Schoolboy” Ambrose are both out of contract and have not been offered new deals.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ma Pau signs Joe goalie Figueroa
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »
I don't know if it is only me but I find it passing strange that players are looking to leave a team that has just been so successful, looking forward to playing Concacaf Champions League in 2010. This is unprecedented in the T&T Pro League. I don't think it has anything to do with money because as Mr. Jack Warner was quoted as saying that T&T & the other Pro League teams are in a recession but that Joe Public is not in recession. What is also instructive is that the two signings by Joe Public have been players who are have in the case of Toussaint been reportedly released by W Connection & Daniel from Petrotrin, ( who knows what is happening to Petrotrin for the upcoming Season after such high hopes but ending with a dismal season), both are relatively "senior" players in respect to age. Why aren't the younger players breaking down their door.  I wonder though why is it that our Reporters are not talking directly to the players to find out whether they have indeed signed with the respective clubs, all we are seeing are quotes from the coaches & managers saying that the players said this or they said that, nothing from the players themselves.
Where are our investigative journalists/reporters?, come on go out there & give us the real story.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:00:46 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »
I don't know if it is only me but I find it passing strange that players are looking to leave a team that has just been so successful, looking forward to playing Concacaf Champions League in 2010. This is unprecedented in the T&T Pro League. I don't think it has anything to do with money because as Mr. Jack Warner was quoted as saying that T&T & the other Pro League teams are in a recession but that Joe Public is not in recession. What is also instructive is that the two signings by Joe Public have been players who are have in the case of Toussaint been reportedly released by W Connection & Daniel from Petrotrin, ( who knows what is happening to Petrotrin for the upcoming Season after such high hopes but ending with a dismal season), both are relatively "senior" players in respect to age. Why aren't the younger players breaking down their door.  I wonder though why is it that our Reporters are not talking directly to the players to find out whether they have indeed signed with the respective clubs, all we are seeing are quotes from the coaches & managers saying that the players said this or they said that, nothing from the players themselves.
Where are our investigative journalists/reporters?, come on go out there & give us the real story.

Well said soccerama....

Maybe JP didn't want to sign them, de players just win almost every cup in T&T they probably expected a big raise and didn't get it.

To much changes is not good for a winning team.

Expect some surprise signing by JP.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 09:29:42 AM »
Sam I hear you, but based on the following they did want all their regular starters which included Powers & Figueroa.

Warner: Powers still with Joe Public.
By: Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

However in response, Warner via e-mail sought to clear the air over the renewal and non-renewal of contracts within the club as it pertains to the upcoming 2010 season and the defence of the Digicel Pro League, Big Six, Toyota Classic, T&T Football Federation FA Cup, and Digicel Pro Bowl titles.

He said: “At the moment, Joe Public has 22 players contracted to participate in the 2010 season, which is inclusive of Seon Powers and Jason Springer, as well as our regular starters during the 2009 season, despite futile attempts by a Pro League club to obtain the services of key staff and players associated with Joe Public.

Warner added that Powers remains a contracted player with Joe Public until December 31 next year while Springer has not been released from his contractual obligation to the club which ends on December 31, 2010.

Sam with regards to the  Bonus & raise in pay, I am sure that Jack made a statement to the effect that the players would be well rewarded & have a happy christmas, I can't seem to get the quote at the moment but I will continue to look for it.

So Sam there is definitely something amiss & our reporters should get out of their offices & onto the field of play.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:39:13 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »
So Sam there is definitely something amiss & our reporters should get out of their offices & onto the field of play.

Wait for that, them reporters in T&T is some of best in the world, the best pieces of shit that is.

De Newsday does thief people article and dont credit them.

De Guardian improve since they new site but mistake prone.

De Express need to call back Lasana as them eh even know how to check for simple grammer mistakes or do some research before they write.

T&T times came out big and bad and fall down faster than they came out and that site was going to be a top T&T news site one day because they had some good writers.

Even de SSFL website run by Sheldon Wood is nice to, but de blasted site have so much graphics it does crash my computer everytime I logg on, so I don't even waste my time. Not to mention they reports is so little you could hardly get a decent full report and stats on a game unless is a North team (some)...

Socawarriors.net is still every one fadda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »
Joe Public offer all their players $1000TT increase to their already existing salary for 2010.

So players who made $3000TT in 2009 will make $4000TT in 2010.

Of course players would leave. Joe Public need to keep all their key players and Figueroa is one of them.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »
Joe Public offer all their players $1000TT increase to their already existing salary for 2010.

So players who made $3000TT in 2009 will make $4000TT in 2010.

Of course players would leave. Joe Public need to keep all their key players and Figueroa is one of them.

Kingman

As little as it seems, Isn't that still better than what the other clubs would pay them though ?

Look Kerry Baptiste staying at JP....them other players ain't nothing spectacular. They get a little extra and they should be happy, that's a 1,000 dollars extra every month for ordinary players.

1]; } ?>