March 29, 2024, 03:43:22 AM

Author Topic: Under rated players in EPL  (Read 5976 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under rated players in EPL
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:42:31 AM »
I going with Fellaini from Everton.  Really impressed with he how he play against Sunderland last week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marouane_Fellaini
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Under rated players in EPL
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »
Stephen Hunt

Tom Huddlestone

Antonio Valencia...  only just getting his dues, but still overshadowed by the rest of the cast at ManU.

Robert Green

Joe Hart

Michael Turner

Rory Delap

Alessandro Diamanti- still new to the Prem, but in time I think that 6 million dollar price might seem like a steal for West Ham.  He's really sparked the club since he signed.

Carton Cole... Diamanti will only make him better.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
I going with Fellaini from Everton.  Really impressed with he how he play against Sunderland last week.

why you find him under rated?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
Stephen Hunt

Tom Huddlestone

Antonio Valencia...  only just getting his dues, but still overshadowed by the rest of the cast at ManU.

Robert Green

Joe Hart

Michael Turner

Rory Delap

Alessandro Diamanti- still new to the Prem, but in time I think that 6 million dollar price might seem like a steal for West Ham.  He's really sparked the club since he signed.

Carton Cole... Diamanti will only make him better.

I watching him last game and the man good.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 01:35:52 PM »
why you find him under rated?

Well I had not heard much of  him in the news. Is only after watching how he handle heself again Sunderland in all parts of field last week...ah realize this fella not only tall at 1.94m but he have stamina and ah football brain to booth..  Ah guess if he wuz playing for BIG TEAMS like Liverpool or Arsenal, he would be more in the news...

p.s this isnt meant to offend any Evertonian fans...yes your club is BIG but not AS BIG as the other team on the Merseyside...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:38:07 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »
nah the Fella rated...as a matter of fact, his position & style is what I had been preaching for Jones for Club & Country, athletic abilities on big guys require that much more space, once mastered, yuh only grabbin wind, no space, restricted to jump & chook, then yuh could forget the athleticism, yuh have to depend on the accuracy and skill of the ppl around them...preached this 5 years ago...not too late

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »
Stephen Hunt

Tom Huddlestone

Very good in my opinion... he's a regular for the England U-23 and is only a matter of time before he breaks into the senior squad.  Is two and a half seasons I really watching him now and he holds up the ball well and his vision and accuracy is par none if you ask me.  There are great midfield passers in the EPL, but I dos real enjoy watching him thread passes from distance... and with perfect weight too.  Dude is a boss.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 04:22:57 PM »
Danny Murphy

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
Bobby Zamora

:devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 07:10:48 PM »
Stephen Hunt

Tom Huddlestone

Very good in my opinion... he's a regular for the England U-23 and is only a matter of time before he breaks into the senior squad.  Is two and a half seasons I really watching him now and he holds up the ball well and his vision and accuracy is par none if you ask me.  There are great midfield passers in the EPL, but I dos real enjoy watching him thread passes from distance... and with perfect weight too.  Dude is a boss.

Wont say Huddlestone is underated .... and he has already been named in an Englandd squad recently as well as travelling to T&T with said squad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 07:19:04 PM »
Wont say Huddlestone is underated .... and he has already been named in an Englandd squad recently as well as travelling to T&T with said squad.

And Steven Hunt has made the Irish national team... I'm not sure how that means he's not underrated, but okay.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
Scott Parker
Kieran Richardson
Andy Reid

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
Scott Parker
Kieran Richardson
Andy Reid

Kieran Richardson? Are you kidding me?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 12:26:27 AM »
Shay Given...the best keeper in the world for about 7 years now.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 02:58:15 AM »
Scott Parker
Kieran Richardson
Andy Reid

Cosign

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 09:58:27 AM »

And Steven Hunt has made the Irish national team... I'm not sure how that means he's not underrated, but okay.

IMO he is not underated....as a matter of fact he is regarded very highly. He plays week in week out on a team that sits 4th in the premiership and has recently played for England in midfield!... With the current crop of stars in England's midfield, being named in that squad as a midfielder says a lot about the youth's ability and if you want to call him underated thats fine, I really dont care ,I just stated an opinion.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »

i agree w/ u. the scorelines tend to real undermind him at times. even if man city concede or even before at newcastle he would have still pulled off a number of spectacular saves to keep them in the game. great keeper to have if ur defense porous.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »
IMO he is not underated....as a matter of fact he is regarded very highly. He plays week in week out on a team that sits 4th in the premiership and has recently played for England in midfield!... With the current crop of stars in England's midfield, being named in that squad as a midfielder says a lot about the youth's ability and if you want to call him underated thats fine, I really dont care ,I just stated an opinion.

If you "don't care" then why bother respond?  You stated an opinion by quoting me... don't then act piqued when I respond to you.  The thread doesn't state "Which EPL players are NOT underrated", if you're just giving an opinion then state who you think are underrated.  If in fact you come in to disagree with others contributions, then it's only fair to expect some back and forth.

Everything you state about Huddlestone playing for Spurs only means that Spurs rate him very highly.  Him being on the radar of the National team means that Capello and his coaches also rate him.  However I believe he's still very much underrated by fans of the game, and by EPL fans in particular.  If you follow discussions of players in the EPL his is not a name that automatically rolls off the tongue of many fans.  If you ask me, Spurs on the whole are underrated as a team... many still won't give them their due 4th place or not, many are waiting for their recent history of underachievement to catch up to them.  Similarly, many of their players' achievements also go unnoticed.  Huddlestone is not a flashy player, and he doesn't score a lot of goals or do things that would get him noticed.  People like you and I may not underrate him, but that doesn't mean he's held in the same regard by many fans.

At any rate it's just an opinion and I can't substantiate it any more than you can... so you're free to disagree.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:58:04 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »

If you "don't care" then why bother respond?  You stated an opinion by quoting me... don't then act piqued when I respond to you.  The thread doesn't state "Which EPL players are NOT underrated", if you're just giving an opinion then state who you think are underrated.  If in fact you come in to disagree with others contributions, then it's only fair to expect some back and forth.

Everything you state about Huddlestone playing for Spurs only means that Spurs rate him very highly.  Him being on the radar of the National team means that Capello and his coaches also rate him.  However I believe he's still very much underrated by fans of the game, and by EPL fans in particular.  If you follow discussions of players in the EPL his is not a name that automatically rolls off the tongue of many fans.  If you ask me, Spurs on the whole are underrated as a team... many still won't give them their due 4th place or not, many are waiting for their recent history of underachievement to catch up to them.  Similarly, many of their players' achievements also go unnoticed.  Huddlestone is not a flashy player, and he doesn't score a lot of goals or do things that would get him noticed.  People like you and I may not underrate him, but that doesn't mean he's held in the same regard by many fans.

At any rate it's just an opinion and I can't substantiate it any more than you can... so you're free to disagree.

This is a discussion board and regardless of the topic, I can choose to comment/disagree. I hear what you are saying but when you responded to my opinion with that 'tone', I took is an opportunity to respond in kind. anyay fellah, the point about TH is well taken... :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
This is a discussion board and regardless of the topic, I can choose to comment/disagree. I hear what you are saying but when you responded to my opinion with that 'tone', I took is an opportunity to respond in kind. anyay fellah, the point about TH is well taken... :beermug:

Only real "tone" in my response was one of puzzlement... didn't really agree with the reasoning behind your comment.  As is often the case, those "in the know" coaches etc. usually will give a player his due... even as he fly under others' radars.  I hope that Huddlestone gets a fair shot at going SA though, as tough as it might be  :beermug:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »
Scott Parker
Kieran Richardson
Andy Reid

lol I think within recent times I've seen signs of definite improvement .... turns out he isnt as bad as peeps may claim

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »

Nah... try overrated...

If he didn't have a big fro nobody woulda even known him...and rightly so.  Nothing special- at all....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
Stephen Hunt

Tom Huddlestone

Great technique....kinda lazy though. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »

Why yuh say dat? lol... I think is de man "doughboy" look have yuh bias against him  :D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »

i agree w/ u. the scorelines tend to real undermind him at times. even if man city concede or even before at newcastle he would have still pulled off a number of spectacular saves to keep them in the game. great keeper to have if ur defense porous.

Underrated?  The commentators have been singing his praises for years, as being one of the best 'keepers in the Prem and the world.  He is finally at a bigger club, so he will receive a bit more media light.  Given is in the Top 10 best 'keepers in the world, without a doubt, and If Arsenal or Man U were really serious, they would have put in a bid for this fella about 3-5 years ago, considering the problems they've had in their goalkeeping department over the years.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 11:19:29 AM »

Why yuh say dat? lol... I think is de man "doughboy" look have yuh bias against him  :D
I find he does put a decent shift. Real good player .

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »
I would have to say men really doh appreciate just how solid and versatile Branislav Ivanovic at Chelsea is at right back. From second choice to Bosingwa the man come in and has shown that he is defensively a much better option, plus he can get forward in support of the attack and also fill in central defence.. Bosingwa will find it hard to get back in the side when he comes back from injury.

Also I would have to say Wilson Palacios at Spurs and Ji Sung Park at Man United.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:55 PM »
I would have to say men really doh appreciate just how solid and versatile Branislav Ivanovic at Chelsea is at right back. From second choice to Bosingwa the man come in and has shown that he is defensively a much better option, plus he can get forward in support of the attack and also fill in central defence.. Bosingwa will find it hard to get back in the side when he comes back from injury.
Also I would have to say Wilson Palacios at Spurs and Ji Sung Park at Man United.

Was saying the same thing the other day about Ivanovic.  His emergence will make it very hard for Boswinga to get back into the team.  Wouldn't be surprised if Boswinga moves to Bayern in the summer, if he doesn't get back into the team.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »

I have to agree on Ivanovic... and Palacios was actually another name I was going to mention before College come and tie up mih head with ole talk.  Park I'd have to disagree... two years ago, maybe even a year ago I woulda agree.  In fact there was a similar thread around that time that I was trumpeting his game.  Now though I think the lack of playing time have him stagnated... he always hustles when he gets on the pitch but he plays like he' in constant trial mode... as though he auditioning for more time.  He tends to force things too much as a result methinks.

1]; } ?>