April 24, 2024, 11:26:41 PM

Author Topic: Funny read: Top 10 ‘How The Hell Did They Get So Many Brazil Caps’?  (Read 6897 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Funny read: Top 10 ‘How The Hell Did They Get So Many Brazil Caps’?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »
Nice read.. a little bit harsh calling up Roque Junior name in this.

I find Ze Maria was decent man. And Kleberson was one of the standout players the 2002 side.

fully agree ..this is a jokey article obviously written by someone with an axe to grind ...I support Argentina and that says a lot about my feelings concerning Brazil, but some of these players mentioned would have been credits to Argentina or any team over the years. 

dais jus to tell yuh how sh!tty argentina is  *boodoomp ching*  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »
Nice read.. a little bit harsh calling up Roque Junior name in this.

I find Ze Maria was decent man. And Kleberson was one of the standout players the 2002 side.

fully agree ..this is a jokey article obviously written by someone with an axe to grind ...I support Argentina and that says a lot about my feelings concerning Brazil, but some of these players mentioned would have been credits to Argentina or any team over the years. 

dais jus to tell yuh how sh!tty argentina is  *boodoomp ching*  ;D

I was referring to the team which has won 2 world cups at senior level , several at youth level , has won every tournament they have played in and have produced some of the finest players to have ever played the game ...including the player acclaimed to be at least the joint best ever and the current World's best player. The country which boasts at least one influential player in the best teams in the world ...who were you referring to ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 08:07:35 AM »
...boodoomp Ching boop !!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 10:00:27 AM »
As been said by a few Serginho was scoring nough goals in the Brazilian leagues thus the reason for his selection. As many of you all also know a team is comprised of pieces that fit together. So at the time it was felt that he was a good fit for that world cup squad. Serginho was a troubled soul. He often found himself in trouble. Don't quote me on this but if my memory serves me right he was serving a little jail time before the 82 world cup because of his tranSgressions. I have included a clip for your perusal. In-spite of how many felt about him I will always be a supporter. As for them Argentina supporters the name of your new side amongst Brazilians is tres. The last three meetings all yuh get three every-time :rotfl:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ee_1200879799
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 10:40:26 AM »
As been said by a few Serginho was scoring nough goals in the Brazilian leagues thus the reason for his selection. As many of you all also know a team is comprised of pieces that fit together. So at the time it was felt that he was a good fit for that world cup squad. Serginho was a troubled soul. He often found himself in trouble. Don't quote me on this but if my memory serves me right he was serving a little jail time before the 82 world cup because of his tranSgressions. I have included a clip for your perusal. In-spite of how many felt about him I will always be a supporter. As for them Argentina supporters the name of your new side amongst Brazilians is tres. The last three meetings all yuh get three every-time :rotfl:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2ee_1200879799

He did serve jail time.

Rumor was dey let him out of jail jes so dat he could play in de World Cup

Me eh blamin Serginho fuh Brazil World Cup loss.

I sayin he was a rank shithound and both he and Waldir Peres were not worthy of a place in that 82 squad.

Dem 2 was de scabs on an otherwise shining diamond

Anybody who ACTUALLY WATCHED DE TOURAMENT coulda tell yuh was Eder who hit dat free kick and Zico dat score it.  Yuh doh need Google fuh dat.  Anbody who watched de tournament coulda tell yuh bout de come from behind victory in de first game against Russia when first Socrates and den Eder wit one a de bess goals I ever see in a World Cup mash up Belanov and Dasaev dem.  Dey woulda also tell yuh dat Dasaev was de bess goalie in de world at de time.

Brazil lit up that tournament with their play and the only blot on that from an outfield perspective was Serginho.

But whoever want to listen to revisionist "history" from jai john could go ahead if dey want to.

He get ketch chattin forkries and instead a admittin he error...ah mean...EVERYBODY does make mistakes....he tryin to play it off like if is a google ting.....as if oddah people couldn't have seen de games fuh demself.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:42:28 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:54 AM »

He did serve jail time.

I sayin he was a rank shithound and both he and Waldir Peres were not worthy of a place in that 82 squad.

Anybody who ACTUALLY WATCHED DE TOURAMENT coulda tell yuh was Eder who hit dat free kick and Zico dat score it.  Yuh doh need Google fuh dat.  Anbody who watched de tournament coulda tell yuh bout de come from behind victory in de first game against Russia when first Socrates and den Eder wit one a de bess goals I ever see in a World Cup mash up Belanov and Dasaev dem.  Dey woulda also tell yuh dat Dasaev was de bess goalie in de world at de time.

Brazil lit up that tournament with their play and the only blot on that from an outfield perspective was Serginho.

But whoever want to listen to revisionist "history" from jai john could go ahead if dey want to.

He get ketch chattin forkries and instead a admittin he error...ah mean...EVERYBODY does make mistakes....he tryin to play it off like if is a google ting.....as if oddah people couldn't have seen de games fuh demself.

I was too young to remember the tournament, but I've seen so much footage of the Brazil 82 squad, I feel like I know the games and goals inside out (which is why I corrected Jai)...Memories of the Brazil team are lit with very attractive attacking play, and free flowing football...I would say that what also stands out to me about that Brazil side was that they had a suspect goal keeper, and a careless backline.  One of the Italy goals came from horrid passing across the back, the Argentine goal (and other chances that Argentina had) in the 3-1 win...same thing.  When I think of the weakness in that Brazil team, I hardly think of Serginho, but more the loose defending, and suspect goalkeeping...but like ah say I was too young to remember the details of WC '82, and I know that Serginho was pegged as a goat after the tournament, so there must be some truth in that. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:53:42 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »

He did serve jail time.

I was too young to remember the tournament, but I've seen so much footage of the Brazil 82 squad, I feel like I know the games and goals inside out (which is why I corrected Jai)...Memories of the Brazil team are lit with very attractive attacking play, and free flowing football...I would say that what also stands out to me about that Brazil side was that they had a suspect goal keeper, and a careless backline.  One of the Italy goals came from horrid passing across the back, the Argentine goal (and other chances that Argentina had) in the 3-1 win...same thing.  When I think of the weakness in that Brazil team, I hardly think of Serginho, but more the loose defending, and suspect goalkeeping...but like ah say I was too young to remember the details of WC '82, and I know that Serginho was pegged as a goat after the tournament, so there must be some truth in that. 

The horrid passing across the back came from Toninho Cerezo.  He gift Rossi de ball.  Dat said....Rossi took his chances well.

Falcao was a BEAST dat game but it just wasn't meant to be.  And your recollections are correct.  Suspect goalie and careless backline.  But Brazil's backlines up till that time weren't known for their steel anyway.  I think it was only in 94 when they let in 3 goals the entire tournament (not counting the penalties in the final) was the defence seen as a stingy, formidable defence.

It was always...no matter how many you scored....we would score more.  Except against Italy in 82..they ran out of time.

However...as careless as Brazil's back line was in dem days....Luisinho & Oscar were a good central defensive pairing.  Junior was the one who was most indisciplined leaving gaping holes in the back for the opposition to exploit.  He was really an attacking midfielder playing left wing back and Toninho Cerezo just had too much work to do to cover for him on occasions.  Junior himself made a shit play resulting in a goal in that Italy game letting Rossi ghost in for a free header for the 1st goal. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:08:46 PM by palos »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 01:01:19 PM »
Boy Palos,
              you good. you real good.  As I reading your post, it exactly as you write.  Serghinio was not up to par. He threw away a sitter. Cerezo made that errant pass. Never raised his head, assuming Junior was square with him. Junior was ahead of the pass.  Rossi got the ball and ran easily and scored. And yes Junior was out of position for the 1st goal(header). Yes as much as I like and admired Junior, he was indeed the indisciplined one(always wanted to attack). He was an ttacking mid-fielder who could defend very well. But as a defender he wanted to attack all the time. Maicon could be his half-brother, who knows.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »
Boy Palos,
              you good. you real good.  As I reading your post, it exactly as you write.  Serghinio was not up to par. He threw away a sitter. Cerezo made that errant pass. Never raised his head, assuming Junior was square with him. Junior was ahead of the pass.  Rossi got the ball and ran easily and scored. And yes Junior was out of position for the 1st goal(header). Yes as much as I like and admired Junior, he was indeed the indisciplined one(always wanted to attack). He was an ttacking mid-fielder who could defend very well. But as a defender he wanted to attack all the time. Maicon could be his half-brother, who knows.

Dat was de first and to date ONLY game in my life where I cry over a result in football.

Now ah cry over football since....but not over de result.

Ah cry when we national anthem start to play in Dortmund before de match against Sweden

Ah was too numb to cry when de final whistle did blow on November 19, 1989.

But dat Brazil game was dissected because we couldn't believe dey lorse.  It had to be a mistake.

I missed de world cup final in 98 because ah had a work function to attend.  A flickin golf tournament...a sport I doh play at all.  When ah reach een de clubhouse at de end of de day, dem man tell meh Brazil get wax from France.  I jes steupes and went home.  Up to today I eh boddah to watch dat game.  And ah have it still on tape eh because ah did set de timer before leavin de house dat day.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
Sérgio Bernardino, also known as Serginho or Serginho Chulapa (born in São Paulo, December 23, 1953) was a Brazilian football striker.

His career, started in 1974, he played for Marília, São Paulo Futebol Clube, Santos, Corinthians, Marítimo (Portugal), Atlético Sorocaba, Portuguesa, Malatyaspor (1988-1989) and São Caetano. For the Brazilian team he was capped twenty times between May 1979 and July 1982, and participated at 1982 FIFA World Cup, where he played in all five matches and scored two goals.

Serginho further represented Brazil in the 1990 edition of the World Cup of Masters, scoring in the final against Holland.

After retiring he became a football coach and journalist. He managed Santos FC in 2001. Nowadays he has a job on Santos FC as second coach helping the coach of the team

Must be some goat ..he just would not go away ... many people like palos and other Brazilian supporters were shell shocked when Brazil lost by conceeding three goals and only scoring two against Italy. They had to blame someone .... they could not blame the big names and although Serginho scored two goals and played in all 5 games he was singled out for special attention. So is Serginho 's fault ! He throw way de World cup !
Amongst Brazilians is a saying ....Brazil dont win the world cup when favourites....
The point I am making is that a list of footballers was published deriding their statuses as worthwhile brazilian footballers and peeps just accept that juss so !
Amazingly the Italian coach also had a favourite ..so did the trinidadian coacn in 89 ( Maurice Alibey ) he was paolo Rossi. Many in Italy wanted Rossi to stay home rather than go to Spain ..they hated Bearzot and wondered what he saw in Rossi ...just ;like the Brazilian coach who favoured Serginho ...sometimes it works sometimes not ...

Paolo Rossi (born 23 September 1956 in Prato) is an Italian former football striker. In 1982, he led Italy to the 1982 FIFA World Cup title, scoring six goals to win the Golden Boot/top scorer honors, and the Golden Ball. Rossi is the only player to have won all three honours at a single tournament. Javier Saviola, Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Dominic Adiyiah accomplished this in junior teams, in the 2001, 2005, 2007 and 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cups respectively. He is listed among Pelé's 125 all-time greatest footballers.[2]

While at Perugia he was involved in a famous betting scandal (Totonero), and as a result of this Rossi was disqualified for three years though this was later reduced to a two year ban. However, Rossi always claimed to be innocent and be victim of an injustice. In his book I Made Brasil Cry (Ho fatto piangere il Brasile) one of the people that accused him in 1980 admitted that the accusations to him at that time were invented.[3]

[edit] 1982 World Cup
Rossi returned just in time for 1982 FIFA World Cup, but Italian journalists and tifosi lamented he was in very poor shape. This view seemed to be confirmed by Italy's first, appalling three matches, in which he was allegedly described as a ghost wandering over the field aimlessly. Rossi was willing to attack but lacked the fortitude to produce.

Bearzot, however, staunchly confirmed Rossi for the decisive round robin, in which his team was to face Argentina, the reigning World Champions, and Brazil, the biggest favourites to win the title with a team consisting of world-class players such as Sócrates, Zico, and Falcão. After Italy defeated Argentina 2-1 on the defensive work of Gentile and Scirea, who shut down Diego Maradona, Rossi scored three memorable goals to shock Brazil 3-2 to qualify for the semi finals against Poland, where his two goals again won the match for Italy. In the final against Germany, Rossi scored the first of Italy's three goals on a free-kick assist from Gentile to win the match 3-1, giving his team their third World Cup. With six goals total, he won the tournament's maximo goleador award--the Golden Boot--as well.

Italian fans hung banners proclaiming him "Man of the match". Rossi's accomplishments in Spain gained him the title of European Footballer of the Year and World Player of the Year in 1982.

1]; } ?>