April 28, 2024, 08:24:40 PM

Author Topic: January Tranfers/Rumours 2009-2010 season  (Read 3375 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
January Tranfers/Rumours 2009-2010 season
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »
Paper Talk
Skysports.com looks at today's newspapers

Tuesday 29th December
Potters plot Parker bid - Various
Stoke City manager Tony Pulis is ready to offer in the region of £8million for West Ham United midfielder Scott Parker. Would Parker consider a move to the Britannia Stadium?

Reds chase Turkey winger - The Sun
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will offload fringe players to free up funds for a £9million bid for Arda Turan. Could Turan ignite the Reds' season?

Rovers go for Ben Arfa - Daily Mirror
Blackburn Rovers are the latest club to show an interest in unsettled Marseille winger Hatem Ben Arfa. Will Ben Arfa move to the Premier League?

Spurs target Pompey keeper - Various
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp, fresh from being linked with David James, is now after another Portsmouth goalkeeper in Asmir Begovic. Who would be the better choice for Spurs?

Nani explores options - Various
Manchester United winger Nani's representatives are sounding out clubs in Italy and Spain ahead of a possible January move. Is Nani's time at Old Trafford up?

Blues fancy Posh striker - The Sun
Birmingham City are planning a bid for Peterborough United forward Aaron Mclean in January. Could Mclean be a hit in the Premier League?
http://www.skysports.com/football/papertalk/0,21673,12709,00.html

Rumour has it that ruud van nisterooy is coming on loan to Liverpool.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:46:35 PM by triniairman »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: January Tranfers/Rumours 2009-2010 season
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:53:17 PM »
Reds move for Maxi
Argentine ace in Rafa's sights

Sky Sports News understands Liverpool are in talks to sign Atletico Madrid midfielder Maxi Rodriguez.

Rodriguez, who is out of contract in the summer, has fallen out of favour at Atletico and the Spaniards are understood to be willing to let him move on.

The 27-year-old is believed to be keen on a move away from the Vicente Calderon as he looks to secure his spot in Argentina's World Cup squad by playing regular first-team football.

Boca Juniors have been linked with a move to bring the winger back to his native Argentina, but Liverpool are thought to be favourites for his signature.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is keen to bolster his squad in the January transfer window and with Rodriguez available for a small fee, he fits the bill for what Benitez is looking for.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5818707,00.html

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Transfer rumours: Kenwyne Jones, Bentley, Patrick Vieira…for The Spoiler
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2010/01/04/big-transfer-news-about-kenwyne-jones-david-bentley-patrick-vieira-and-more

Whether or not the phrase “hit the ground running” was coined with regard to sports journalists, no one knows. But, by gum, these people work around the clock. Sleep is for losers, they tell themselves. He who dares wins. Thine rewards shall be in the kingdom of Heaven. If there’s a God.

Here’s some football transfer updates dug up today by these fractious little Gollum-type figures (courtesy of The Daily Mail, The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Mirror etc…):

Regardless of the eye-catching views and beautiful beautiful women, Kenwyne Jones looks set to call time on his Sunderland days, with rumours abound that he might try out the glitz and glamour of Aston Villa. Or, indeed, that of Tottenham Hotspur, which is in London.

The bad news for Kenwyne is that the streets are not paved with gold. More often then not, they’re littered with old sweet wrappers and bloodied knives.

Should the striker choose to try out Spurs, increasingly loud whispers suggest that David Bentley - who has been as useful at Tottenham as a chocolate fireman in Mexico - will be moving in the exact opposite direction. They might even spot one another on parallel platforms at the train station.

Elsewhere in the world, Patrick Vieira could be another name on the Man City shopping list, which already features the unlikely trio of Younes Kaboul, Georgio Chiellini, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Maxi Rodriguez really wants to go to Liverpool, should Rafa somehow find someone bored and wealthy enough to take Babel off his hands.

And Freddy Adu - once regarded as the most exciting US footballer since Sly Stallone turned out in goal for a team of World War Two prisoners - might yet visit the gorgeous city of Hull.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2010/01/04/big-transfer-news-about-kenwyne-jones-david-bentley-patrick-vieira-and-more

Whether or not the phrase “hit the ground running” was coined with regard to sports journalists, no one knows. But, by gum, these people work around the clock. Sleep is for losers, they tell themselves. He who dares wins. Thine rewards shall be in the kingdom of Heaven. If there’s a God.

Here’s some football transfer updates dug up today by these fractious little Gollum-type figures (courtesy of The Daily Mail, The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Mirror etc…):

Regardless of the eye-catching views and beautiful beautiful women, Kenwyne Jones looks set to call time on his Sunderland days, with rumours abound that he might try out the glitz and glamour of Aston Villa. Or, indeed, that of Tottenham Hotspur, which is in London.

The bad news for Kenwyne is that the streets are not paved with gold. More often then not, they’re littered with old sweet wrappers and bloodied knives.

Should the striker choose to try out Spurs, increasingly loud whispers suggest that David Bentley - who has been as useful at Tottenham as a chocolate fireman in Mexico - will be moving in the exact opposite direction. They might even spot one another on parallel platforms at the train station.

Elsewhere in the world, Patrick Vieira could be another name on the Man City shopping list, which already features the unlikely trio of Younes Kaboul, Georgio Chiellini, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Maxi Rodriguez really wants to go to Liverpool, should Rafa somehow find someone bored and wealthy enough to take Babel off his hands.

And Freddy Adu - once regarded as the most exciting US footballer since Sly Stallone turned out in goal for a team of World War Two prisoners - might yet visit the gorgeous city of Hull.

Believe Freddy might end up in Greece

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

At this rate I eh think Freddy making de US team for de WC.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

At this rate I eh think Freddy making de US team for de WC.

yuh think Stallone have a chance?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
yuh think Stallone have a chance?

His chances are rocky...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:32 PM »
Vieira targets silverware
Vieira believes City will win trophies soon and are still in title race

New signing Patrick Vieira believes Manchester City will lift silverware soon and are not out of this season's Premier League title race.

The 33-year-old French international has rejoined former Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini at Eastlands on a six-month deal with an option for a further year.

Vieira has tasted success at his three latest clubs - Arsenal, Juventus and Inter Milan - and believes the Light Blues will also be among the trophies soon.

He told Sky Sports: "Yes I don't have any doubt about it - I have been really lucky to have always chosen the right team to be successful and (the reason) I chose City is because I really believe something can be achieved at this club and I really want to be part of it.

"So hopefully this can happen really soon."

Title hunt
He also refused to rule City out of the title hunt this season, despite Mancini's side being ten points off leaders Chelsea with a game in hand.

Vieira added: "When you look at the players the club's got you can achieve a lot - I strongly believe that we are not out of the race of winning the title.

"We need to believe that we can do it and I'm sure that the club can do it."

The former Gunner is delighted to be back plying his trade in the Premier League after leaving the top flight back in 2005 and he is confident that he still has what it takes to be a success in England.

"I never had any doubt about it - I'm really confident and I believe in myself," said Vieira.

"I know that I'm not 20 but I'm not 40, 45, and I still have a good rest and most of all, I'm still really motivated."

Asked what his biggest attractions were for joining City, if it was the club itself, the chance to rejoin Mancini or to play in the Premier League, he replied: "It is all of this - the ambition of the club, the manager who obviously knows me really well and I know that I can give something to the club and hopefully we will be successful this year but I decided to come here because the club want to be successful and I hope that the club will as well give me the opportunity to go back to the French national team."

Mancini happy
He said Mancini has not told him how much he will be playing for City.

"We don't have any plans - I just came and I will try to give my best to help the team to achieve what the team deserves because I think in the last three years they have worked really hard to build this team so I really believe this is a strong team that can achieve a lot."

Mancini hailed his new signing, believing it can help City reach the UEFA Champions League berths.

He said: "I think that Patrick for me is a new player, he is an important player and I think he will help us to arrive in the top four.

"I know Patrick very well, I think that our squad needs a player like Patrick.

"Patrick won at Arsenal, won at Juventus, won at Inter - a lot of trophies in his career - and I think he must continue at City."

Mancini believes Vieira will be a regular player for City, although he would not be drawn on whether the Frenchman would make his debut against Blackburn on Monday as he took a knock in Inter's 1-0 win over Chievo on Wednesday.

The City boss added: "I don't know now because on Wednesday at the end of the match Patrick has taken a kick on the calf and we'll see tomorrow and today and we'll decide."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5843904,00.html

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 02:17:53 PM »
Bolton confirm Coyle
Former striker returns to the Reebok Stadium as manager

Bolton have confirmed the appointment of Owen Coyle as their new manager on a two-and-a-half-year contract.

The highly-rated Scot was installed as favourite to take the Reebok Stadium hot-seat shortly after the Trotters parted with former coach Gary Megson.

Having enjoyed a productive two-year spell with the club during his playing days, Coyle's close ties with Bolton marked him out as an ideal candidate.

Bolton's endeavours to bring him back to the club were not straightforward, though, with Coyle under contract at Premier League rivals Burnley.

The Clarets were understandably reluctant to part with the man who helped to guide them into the top flight last term and did all they could to convince him to stay.

However, once Coyle made it clear that he wanted out, there was little they could do to stand in his way.

A switch to Bolton has therefore been on the cards for some time, with a compensation package all that stood in the way of a deal being completed.

Motivator
An agreement has now been reached between the two clubs and Coyle will take charge of the Trotters for the first time when Arsenal arrive in the North West on 17th January.

"It's been a long, drawn-out week," chairman Phil Gartside admitted on Sky Sports News.

"Owen was the only one on the list. I'd got a list of 30 names but the only one we wanted was Owen. We haven't interviewed anyone, we haven't contacted anyone. It was just Owen that we wanted."

As for what makes Coyle special, Gartside added: "It's his desire. He had to come back here, really.

"He's well known to the place, he came through an era which was special to everybody, including me. Bruce Rioch revitalised Bolton in the early 90s. That three-year period was special and Owen was part of that.

"He is infectious. He still is infectious, even more so than before."

Coyle added: "I'm absolutely delighted to be back at Bolton Wanderers.

"I look forward to the opportunity of bringing the good times back to the club for everyone."

Bolton currently sit 18th in the Premier League table and have managed only one win in their last nine top flight outings.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5843930,00.html

Hopefully Samuel will be back in the mix!!!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
Paper Talk
Skysports.com looks at today's newspapers
Last updated: 10th January 2010   

We bring you all the football gossip from the national newspapers. Please note that these are the views published in the print media.

Sunday 10th January
Berbatov future in doubt - News of the World
Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov's future is said to be in doubt with Sir Alex Ferguson concerned over the forward's confidence. Could the Bulgaria international be set to depart?

Benitez targets Jones swap deal - The People
Rafa Benitez is planning to use winger Ryan Babel as a makeweight in his proposed bid to land Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones. Would the Black Cats be prepared to do business?

Atletico ready to sell Aguero - Sunday Express
Atletico Mardid are willing to sell Sergio Aguero to Chelsea for £30million provided the Blues loan him back for the remainder of the season. Will the Stamford Bridge side land the Argentina ace?

Interest increases in Beckford - Various
Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford is wanted by a host of Premier League clubs with Hull City, Sunderland, Bolton and Wolves all interested. Where will Beckford end up?

Fulham keen on Moses - News of the World
Fulham are ready to step up their interest in Crystal Palace's £5million-rated Victor Moses. Who will win the race for Moses' signature?

Bruce plans Kirkland bid - Sunday People
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce could raid his former club Wigan once again in a bid to land goalkeeper Chris Kirkland. Would the Latics be prepared to let the talented but injury-prone shot-stopper move on?

United read to sell Foster - Mail on Sunday
Manchester United and England goalkeeper Ben Foster could be on his way out of Old Trafford during the January transfer window. Will Foster make it into Fabio Capello's World Cup squad?

City to seal defender swoop - Sunday Mirror
Argentine defender Cristian Ansaldi is poised to seal a £6million move to Manchester City from Rubin Kazan. Could left-back Ansaldi's arrival force Wayne Bridge down the pecking order?

Chelsea consider Kuranyi - News of the World
Carlo Ancelotti could rival Sunderland's interest in Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi. Would the powerful forward be a good signing for the Stamford Bridge side?

Red Devils linked to Behrami - Various
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is said to be planning a £10million swoop for West Ham's Valon Behrami. Will the Upton Park club be able to keep the Swiss international?
http://www.skysports.com/football/papertalk/0,21673,12709,00.html

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »
Cabanas wants Sunderland move
Sunderland Echo

Salvador Cabanas would like a move to Sunderland, his agent has confirmed.

Steve Bruce has admitted that he has been tracking the South American hitman, and that a deal could go through within the next few weeks.

Cabanas' agent has now confirmed that Sunderland have made contact about a possible transfer for the Club America striker.

Jose Maria Gonzalez said: "I had a talk on the phone with Steve Bruce recently."

"It was he who called me and asked for a meeting in Mexico.

"I know nothing about a loan but we'll sit and talk and get the proposal or the conditions they set.

"Sunderland are sending someone now and asked me to be there on Thursday.

"Salvador is very interested because he is very confident in his ability.

"Like any player in the world, he wants to be in the best possible window.

"He is not afraid of any challenge."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 09:39:01 AM »
Now this is something I don't like to see.

Sunderland: Chris Kirkland from Wigan.
Manchester United: Valon Behrami from West Ham

Top half teams poaching good players of teams in your own league.

You don't think West ham and Wigan need them players to try to stave off relegation? Never mind that kirkland collect 9 from Hotspurs. As a club, I'm sure it makes sense financially to sell now rather than watch men leave cheaply after you get relegated. But is mid-season, you still in with a fighting chance. Worse yet, a Man U  rumour? Talk about unsettling a player.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »
sol campbell back with arsenal.

playing for the reserve team tonight.

young boys of north london, watch allyuh bottom!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 03:00:36 PM »
Wigan sign Gohouri
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1930418,00.html

Wigan have signed Ivory Coast international Steven Gohouri until the end of the season.

Defender Gohouri had been on trial at the DW Stadium after leaving Borussia Monchengladbach in December.

The 28-year-old becomes manager Roberto Martinez's second signing of the January transfer window after the arrival of Serbian international goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic.

"Steven has a fantastic attitude and is desperate to play for Wigan Athletic," Martinez told the club's official website.

"He has good experience, having played in several European leagues, and in what has been a very difficult period for clubs because of the weather interrupting the training routines, he has gone about his business very professionally and shown us he has the potential to play in the best league in the world.

"He is a tremendous athlete, very powerful in the air, strong in the tackle and technically excellent."

GOOD CHOICE
Gohouri is hoping a run in the Latics team will earn him a place in the Ivory Coast's World Cup squad.

"I am so grateful that Wigan have given me a chance to prove myself, and I am desperate to repay that faith and show the manager, the club, and the supporters that they have made a good choice," Gohouri said.

"There is a lot of quality in the squad but it's up to me now to force my way into the team and make an impression."

The tall defender began his career in France with Paris St Germain before a spell in the Swiss league with Yverdon, Vaduz and Young Boys of Bern.

In 2007 Gohouri moved to Germany, where he played 45 matches in the Bundesliga for Borussia.

1]; } ?>