March 29, 2024, 02:59:04 AM

Author Topic: Xavi is World's Best playmaker  (Read 8349 times)

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Xavi is World's Best playmaker
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada09-10/01/n100113108761.html

13.01.2010 12:57
Xavi World’s Best Playmaker
www.fcbarcelona.cat
The International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) has named Xavi Hernández as the World’s Best Playmaker 2009. Messi came second and Iniesta fourth.
Barça continues to accumulate awards. This time it’s the International Federation of Football History and Statistics. Following on from the recognition of Josep Guardiola as World Club Coach 2009, and Víctor Valdés as sixth in the ranking of the World’s Best Goalkeeper, Xavi Hernández has been named as best playmaker, an award he also won in 2008.

Messi and Iniesta

Xavi, who will receive the award on 1st February in London, finished just ahead of team-mate Leo Messi while Iniesta finished fourth behind Kaká. That’s three of the top four for Barça.

The home-grown midfielder was the only new face in the top seven compared with the previous year. According to the IFFHS, he received the award because of his “intelligent way of playing”. The jury was made up of representatives of 81 countries from across world.

The classification
PLAYER   VOTES
1- Xavi (FCB)    164
2- Messi (FCB)   163
3- Kaká (Madrid)   99
4- Iniesta (FCB)   98
5- Gerrard (Liverpool)   54
6- Cesc (Arsenal)   45
7- C. Ronaldo (Madrid)   41
8- Lampard (Chelsea)   35
9- Pirlo (Milan)   26
10- Verón (Estudiantes)   13
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Xavi is World's Best playmaker
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »
damn, i thought i would see a trini in d top 10............ah mean.........d top 1000, but i guess i was wrong........oh well...............let us move on. oh by the way, i whole heartedly agree with that selection of xavi as the main man around the world as playmaker.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »
Gerrard & Cesc ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo?

Lampard in de top 10?

WTF does wrong wit dese people?  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:38:38 PM »

Lampard in de top 10?

Cosign.  Me eh even know WHAT gerrard name doin' in de same paragraph!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 12:41:19 AM »

Lampard in de top 10?

Cosign.  Me eh even know WHAT gerrard name doin' in de same paragraph!

Serious? I find Steve G belong there but then again I haven't watched Liverpool games recently

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 12:53:15 AM »
Pirlo Internationally dont care what your stats say, big players win big games and shouldnt be rated overall for fair judgment.

Best club midfielder = Darren Fletcher(MAN UTD) reason why Barca is Euro Champs. That one undeserved booking changed so many things..
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 12:55:58 AM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 07:31:28 AM »
Pirlo Internationally dont care what your stats say, big players win big games and shouldnt be rated overall for fair judgment.

Best club midfielder = Darren Fletcher(MAN UTD) reason why Barca is Euro Champs. That one undeserved booking changed so many things..

Man U fans real believe this tho..shaking my head...

the list is accurate imo...the players on the list are all major katalysts for all their teams...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 07:48:28 AM »

Stay home and talk dat! People talking about Playmaker not Playbreaker.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
I would have to agree as a playmaker XAVI is the best at his craft. He can dribble and his passes are spot on and he runs the offence for Barca!

Fletcher is a good midfielder and very important to United, however he is not in the top 10 playmakers!! If it was a list of defensive mids he would probably make the list !!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:04:23 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Too much hard drugs.

I see muh boy Veron still makin a significant impact.
Where Riquelme?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »

The booking was well-deserved and fletcher need to learn to cool he lil nashy self.   As far as the final went, Barca beat manu in every position and at every facet of the game in that game.  fletcher couldn't have and wouldn't have changed anything in that game, Bredda.  Sorry to buss yuh bubble. manu were played off the park.  The man who needed to come up with magic was alex and if you go back and watch the footage, he was sitting in stunned silence on the bench.  No animation, no gesticulation, no berating of the officials.  His face went from the usual burnt-tan red, to white-flag white. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 10:45:40 AM »

Doh study dem fellas boy shotta12.  You in excellent company.

Pele did say dat Nicky Butt was de best player in de world durin de 2002 World Cup in Korea too.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 10:53:21 AM »

Doh study dem fellas boy shotta12.  You in excellent company.

Pele did say dat Nicky Butt was de best player in de world durin de 2002 World Cup in Korea too.

:rotfl:   :rotfl:

Yuh had meh there, Palos...........for a split second!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 11:24:40 AM »
How someone like Darren Fletcher name reach in this talk?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

lewwe talk bout players nuh man... steups

Fletcher eh good. He's a role player that over-achieving right now but will soon regress to the mean as did other players of his ilk like Nicky Butt and John O'Shea. He is an average player who makes up for his limitations with effort, grit and wildness..

Darren fletcher... steupsssssss

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »
I find that is admirable for Veron to be on the list seeing that he is no longer a european player...I think Diego should be on the list though

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
weys alyuh men tear meh up with dis eh lol.. He is a defensive midfielder its true.. my bad..

However United style doesn't involved a playmaker.. at all...United hardly ever goes down the middle, most of the goals come from the flanks long after beckham left.

I don't agree that United were played off the park, they had some bad luck and fletcher did what roy use to in the middle of the park. Losing the most important part of the midfield was the main reason United lost to Barcalona.

I have seen xavi and company kept in check by US men so not impressed with the Spanish midfield.

Oh well.. sure Nedved retired but to me he did a better job than zidane. Diego over-rated and ugly.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 02:33:53 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »

I don't agree that United were played off the park...

They were schooled.  After the first 10-15 mins they barely made a note.

Maybe not schooled in the manner of Giant vs Minnow...but taking into consideration that it was a clash of giants- they were schooled.

They chased shadows to the tune of "OLE" for decent periods of the game, they didn't force much (if anything) out of Valdes, they were shut out, broken down, exposed, picked apart and they couldn't really lay claim to any notable positives...

Summary- they were played off the park. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

Maybe not schooled in the manner of Giant vs Minnow...but taking into consideration that it was a clash of giants- they were schooled.

They chased shadows to the tune of "OLE" for decent periods of the game, they didn't force much (if anything) out of Valdes, they were shut out, broken down, exposed, picked apart and they couldn't really lay claim to any notable positives...

United had a game plan, the team that scores first in a finals usually goes on to win it. They tried to put Barca on the back leg by scoring early, it didn't happen. Fletcher was not there to marchall the midfield, so United couldn't break down the Barca attack, made a couple mistakes and paid for it.

Bet you Barca don't win this CL this time...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »

What does that have to do with Man U getting played off the park in the game?

As for Man U's plan, if you were privy to that then then more power to you.  Whatever it was the plan didn't work (unless the plan was to get schooled)..... they were played off the park, and I guess it takes a certain amount of objectivity (that you don't have) to admit it. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 03:10:40 PM »

United had a game plan, the team that scores first in a finals usually goes on to win it. They tried to put Barca on the back leg by scoring early, it didn't happen. Fletcher was not there to marchall the midfield, so United couldn't break down the Barca attack, made a couple mistakes and paid for it.

lol..

If man utd's supposed game plan was to put barca on the back foot by scoring early, then why would fergie put out a side timid 4-5-1 lineup with Ronaldo up front and Rooney park out on the wing?

i think Fergie has to take alot of responsibility for that tepid performance that Man Utd put out on that day. For me, Fletcher's abscence is a little way down the list of reasons that they lost so easily.. #1 reason being that Barca were technically, tactically and by far the better team.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 03:11:30 PM »
and definitely not Man U........but u really rating up fletcher for real?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 03:33:04 PM »
weys alyuh men tear meh up with dis eh lol.. He is a defensive midfielder its true.. my bad..

However United style doesn't involved a playmaker.. at all...United hardly ever goes down the middle, most of the goals come from the flanks long after beckham left.

I don't agree that United were played off the park, they had some bad luck and fletcher did what roy use to in the middle of the park. Losing the most important part of the midfield was the main reason United lost to Barcalona.

I have seen xavi and company kept in check by US men so not impressed with the Spanish midfield.

Oh well.. sure Nedved retired but to me he did a better job than zidane. Diego over-rated and ugly.

In 1999 Roy did not play in the CL final and they won it anyway. United against Barca as a team were poor on the day, especially the back four. Iniesta threaded a pass for Eto & Vidic got schooled on the first goal and then Xavi set up Messi who jumps over Rio and scored.
The people are talking about playmaker for 2009 and Xavi was outstanding for Barca.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 03:50:07 PM »
Funny how Barca get lucky and all of a sudden everyone on their Bandwagon.. messi dis.. and xavi dat.. ibra this.. and puyol that...

I hate puyol... he is nasty not fletcher... And for the record look at the replay fletcher got the ball first, not his fault the ref was out of position to make the correct call on the day.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:51:49 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
First Fletcher is the best midfielder now Barca get lucky.  :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »
First Fletcher is the best midfielder now Barca get lucky.  :rotfl:

Stay tuned fuh England winnin de 2010 World Cup in South Africa.  Dat comin soon from shotta12.

If is one ting, he consistent wit de good company.  bake and shark say de same ting.  ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 07:31:57 PM »
Darren Fletcher is no where close to a playmaker....he might distribute the ball from within his half but he's not a creative player who can break down defences using skill and flair. He's not one to make something out of nothing to create chances for his team but he's a hardworker and plays a vital role as a defensive mid.

I cyar believe Lampard and Gerrard in the top 10 of the World's Best Playmakers. Those fellas techically sound and I enjoy watching them but to rate them ahead of Pirlo and Veron is madness and to make matters worse Ronaldinho not on this list???

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 07:10:44 AM »
Yuh know, Shotta12's comments sound a lot like some of Small Mag's in the past.
Man U fans does be in their own world.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 08:32:20 AM »
Darren Fletcher is no where close to a playmaker....he might distribute the ball from within his half but he's not a creative player who can break down defences using skill and flair. He's not one to make something out of nothing to create chances for his team but he's a hardworker and plays a vital role as a defensive mid.

I cyar believe Lampard and Gerrard in the top 10 of the World's Best Playmakers. Those fellas techically sound and I enjoy watching them but to rate them ahead of Pirlo and Veron is madness and to make matters worse Ronaldinho not on this list???
[/b]

This I agree with, I myself couldn't figure out what men like Lampard, Gerrard and even Messi was doing on this list.

when I think playmaker i think either Pirlo/Fabregas, picking it up from defence and creating from midfield or Xavi/Iniesta, collecting in the middle/attacking third and creating chances for the strikers.

the game today doesn't have that many true playmakers to be honest.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 10:44:39 AM »

[/b]

This I agree with, I myself couldn't figure out what men like Lampard, Gerrard and even Messi was doing on this list.

when I think playmaker i think either Pirlo/Fabregas, picking it up from defence and creating from midfield or Xavi/Iniesta, collecting in the middle/attacking third and creating chances for the strikers.

the game today doesn't have that many true playmakers to be honest.

dinho it is a legit question. My guess is they are simply looking at the 2008-09 season and the stats show these players as among the top in their respective leagues in assist, while their clubs achieved success. Now I may be so far off that I could get a role in the movie LOST.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 11:48:31 AM »
No united fans besides me.. i feel like a lonely crab in a barrel lol

alyuh men tear meh up.. my backside will not be the same again!

1]; } ?>