March 28, 2024, 05:29:47 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez snaps up Kenwyne Jones on loan to solve striker c  (Read 12064 times)

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Breaking NEWS>> KJ to Liverpool on loan
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
just heard that KJ was undergoing a medical at LIverpool

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking NEWS>> KJ to Liverpool on loan
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 08:10:35 PM »
Where you hear that? The rumshop?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking NEWS>> KJ to Liverpool on loan
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 08:18:49 PM »
Where you hear that? The rumshop?

Dat is a good place.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
no report of it anywhere reputable though........lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What? Dailymail is not a reputable source?  ::)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Same papers that say for sure he goin Birmingham?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
no report of it anywhere reputable though........lol
Just saw it on sky sports. it was in the dailys.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
nice
KJ jumps 6 spots in one fell swoop ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great opportunity for him to redeem himself, prove with worth and win over some fans....that's if he can get playing time, score some goals and help Liverpool in salvaging their season. Hmmm this could be a cinderella story :praying:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great opportunity for him to redeem himself, prove with worth and win over some fans....that's if he can get playing time, score some goals and help Liverpool in salvaging their season. Hmmm this could be a cinderella story :praying:

For real!!!! Go KJ.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
According to The Daily Mail, Liverpool have pushed ahead with discussions for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones - despite Ryan Babel's refusal to play any part in proceedings.

It was reported over the weekend that the Reds had approached their Wearside counterparts with a proposal that would see Babel head to the Stadium of Light in exchange for Jones.

However, Anfield's Dutch flop - who recently spurned Birmingham City's advances - has apparently rejected the chance to rebuild his career in the North East, although Rafael Benitez still wants to bring in the Black Cats' Trinidadian star.

Initially Liverpool were said to be pursuing a permanent arrangement, but now they seem willing to settle for a six-month loan deal - such is their need to secure quality cover for the injured Fernando Torres, quickly.

Jones is expected on Merseyside later today (Monday) to undergo a medical examination.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2010/01/18/1749942/liverpool-proceed-talks-with-sunderland-star-kenwyne-jones

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Liverpool fans loving these developments.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=252617.0
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This whole story sounding fishy..........

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He not getting any love from me(If it's true)...
Good luck though... hope he scores in a losing effort every game...Scouse Bastard

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:14:00 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Liverpool fans loving these developments.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=252617.0

Wayyyy they real excited giving KJ real props nice  :beermug: I personally think on liverpool team KJ will do some damage.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
What? Dailymail is not a reputable source?  ::)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

On a serious note, look at Torres  last 3/4 "partners"
Kuyt - now played exclusively on wing
Heskey - rarely played
Crouch - rarely played
Keane - lasted 6 months

In reality doesn't like using 2 strikers and doubt it will change anytime soon.

Like it to happen just to see what Thompson says  on Soccer Saturday though.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:34:59 AM by kev »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He not getting any love from me(If it's true)...
Good luck though... hope he scores in a losing effort every game...Scouse Bastard

All that hate dread...I mean he can put T&T back on the map again cause we've been out of the picture since last WC.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
8.44 Sunderland boss Steve Bruce insists he has no intention of sanctioning a swap deal involving Kenwyne Jones and Liverpool winger Ryan Babel.

source:transfer clockwatch skysports

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KJ thanks but no thanks...go anywhere else but Liverpool please.... :shameonyou: we will keep Babel over KJ thanks
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones not going to Liverpool, Sunderland insist
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8465290.stm

Sunderland have denied reports that striker Kenwyne Jones is set to sign for Liverpool on loan.

An article in the Daily Mail claimed the Trinidad & Tobago star, 25, was due at Anfield for a medical on Monday.
But club sources insist the player will not be leaving during January's transfer window.

Liverpool are seeking reinforcements in attack after losing top scorer Fernando Torres, captain Steven Gerrard and winger Yossi Benayoun to injury.

The Reds, currently languishing in seventh place, were rumoured to be eyeing Jones as a stand-in for Torres, who is out for six weeks with a knee injury.

Previous reports had suggested Benitez was keen to swap out-of-favour Reds forward Ryan Babel for Jones, but the deal was dismissed by Sunderland manager Steve Bruce.

Birmingham have also been linked with a bid for Jones, who signed a new four-and-a-half year contract last January.

However, Bruce and chairman Niall Quinn have both spoken in recent days of their desire to keep the player at the club.

The 6ft 1in frontman, signed from Southampton for £6 million in 2007, has six goals this season and has forged a promising partnership with leading scorer Darren Bent.

He played the full 90 minutes in Sunderland's most recent game - a 7-2 thrashing by Premier League leaders Chelsea on Saturday.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Quinn - Jones is vital to us
Black Cats chairman also confirms interest in Kuranyi.
SKYSPORTS.

Niall Quinn says Sunderland are not looking to sell Kenwyne Jones and confirmed the club did make an approach for Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi.

Jones has been linked with a January move away from the Stadium of Light, with the likes of Liverpool and Stoke City rumoured to be interested in the Trinidad & Tobago striker.

However, Black Cats chairman Quinn believes Jones is vital to the club and is not keen to see the former Southampton striker leave during the transfer window.

Quinn told Goals on Sunday: "Kenwyne Jones knows exactly what I think of him. I love him as a footballer. He's got the complete package.

"If things work out for him in the second half of the season, he's vital to us. Behind the scenes agents may be setting up things with football clubs, but it happens today.

"We don't want to get rid of anybody at the football club."

Offer accepted

Sunderland also tried to sign Kuranyi from Schalke only for the Germany forward to decide to stay with the Bundesliga club until the end of the season.

"If there's someone we can sign to help [we will]," added Quinn. "Look, it's been well-publicised. I think Steve [Bruce] has mentioned it.

"We did look at Kuranyi and spoke to his club Schalke. The idea for us was that it would make it even better at our club.

"We could have Jones, Kuranyi and Darren [Bent] who is phenomenal."

Schalke coach Felix Magath has confirmed that the club accepted an offer for Kuranyi, who has also been linked with Birmingham City, only for the 27-year-old to reject the move.

Magath said: "I had already reached an agreement with a club who wanted to buy him, but Kevin said that he did not want to leave.

"Selling him was only an issue because of financial reasons.

"On the sporting side, I am not unhappy that he is staying because we can still do with him."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
I feel Ryan Babel scupper the deal by not going to Sunderland, cause it make no sense for Bruce to send Jones on loan otherwise. But if he was getting a quality player in return, plus he probably hope that Jones might have gotten some consistency and exposure at a big club...it could work out better in the long run for Sunderland as he would cost more when is time to sell or he might come back a better player in the summer.

I feel rafa is a real striker killer but now that i watching the deal, it could really be a good move for Kenwyne while Torres injured. They will just boom kick to him and he will play a lone striker role and try to win headers.Liverpool is never score without Gerrard and Torred anyway so he will look the part wthout having to score.  ;D
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
wake me up when he standing next to Rafa holding a liverpool jersey and cheesing.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wake me up when he standing next to Rafa holding a liverpool jersey and cheesing.

same thing I was thinking

I see Jah Gol eh find nothing better to do than post a goal.com link, dat might as well of come from the Sunday Punch, such is the validity of the information there.

Més que un club.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find this some what confusing and does not make much sense,Liverpool and Sunderland playing in the Premiership,both fighting for survival,what sense does it make for Sunderland to loan Liverpool one of your goal scorers,how does that benefit Sunderland,something just not sounding right about this whole scenario. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find this some what confusing and does not make much sense,Liverpool and Sunderland playing in the Premiership,both fighting for survival,what sense does it make for Sunderland to loan Liverpool one of your goal scorers,how does that benefit Sunderland,something just not sounding right about this whole scenario. 

I wouldn't say that Liverpool is fighting for survival. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

I wouldn't say that Liverpool is fighting for survival. 

Besides that, I agree with Coops, something about this rumored deal is very weird.. You are in a relegation battle and you sending one of your game changers away for a six month loan supposed to accomplish what? Its either they have contingencies in place we not hearing about, Bruce and KJ had a serious falling out or this is wholly fabricated imo.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
either Bruce and KJ had a serious falling out or this is wholly fabricated imo.

One of those... or some hybrid of the two....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>