March 28, 2024, 11:07:24 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez snaps up Kenwyne Jones on loan to solve striker c  (Read 12068 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
either Bruce and KJ had a serious falling out or this is wholly fabricated imo.

One of those... or some hybrid of the two....

Sky Sports is reporting that Liverpool are still interested (in spite of Sunderland's insistence that he is staying put)

And they reporting it as "Sky Sports News understands that...". Once they start reporting things like that its no longer rumours.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:28:16 PM by Ryan »

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
One commentator from Talk Sport suggested that Wenger would benefit by having KJ on a short term loan....

I feel is not if he will be traded but when...
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One commentator from Talk Sport suggested that Wenger would benefit by having KJ on a short term loan....

I don't see KJ fitting in with that team, with his rapist first touch.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile

LOL...I agree with that. Of all the names being thrown at him, I think A. Villa will be best for his development.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guys,
          Take it from me, KJ will make an excellent defender for our 2014 campaign.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
He not getting any love from me(If it's true)...
Good luck though... hope he scores in a losing effort every game...Scouse Bastard

I tought you is ah man who cuss up somebody on the board the other day about you're most dedicated to your country? Now you supporting Roonay over KJ.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good luck though... hope he scores in a losing effort every game...Scouse Bastard

calm down, calm down...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pull the trigger Benitez

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

LOL...I agree with that. Of all the names being thrown at him, I think A. Villa will be best for his development.

The man is 25 years old, we cannot baby him and say he need development anymore. A side like 'pool will make him utilize his full capabilities and maintain it.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
I tought you is ah man who cuss up somebody on the board the other day about you're most dedicated to your country? Now you supporting Roonay over KJ.
Elan when you say sing the National anthem to some men,
this is what they singing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk   :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I like this forum,everybody knows where KJ should go or who he can or cannot play with,just being considered by the big clubs means the guy have something that may be we not seeing,a Coach always feels he can do something with a player,it's a gamble,nothing is sure in this game,give the guy a chance,is not the Pro league he playing in,it's the EPL,it have no day off and no easy games,he is the best we have flying our flag in that league lets give him some support.
You know sometimes i wonder if these guys have personal managers,counsellors,someone who can help motivate them,make important decisions,even if is just someone to talk too,it's a lot of pressure on and off the field and sometimes they affect each other,we just have to hope KJ is mentally strong in dealing with all these issues surrounding him.    

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Benitez must have seen something dat he like in Kj...dis go be real interesting ah trini in ah l-pool shirt i would ah never thought dat would ah happen.... :)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guys,
Amen!  They should have never messed with him at age 20 moving him to forward. He does not have the skills for a consistent world class striker and time is gone for that!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KJ thanks but no thanks...go anywhere else but Liverpool please.... :shameonyou: we will keep Babel over KJ thanks

should be happy to land a star like KJ on dat weak liverpool team. ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Elan when you say sing the National anthem to some men,
this is what they singing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk   :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Well this story doesn't seem to want to go away.  From various things the club would seem to be happy to sell Kenwyne to Liverpool if the money's right (Liverpool have supposedly bid £10-£12 Million with add ons) and can get a replacement.  Bruce seems to be struggling with him (mentioned months ago) and the club weren't too pleased with what he said last week of last season before the final game apparently. 

I am surprised they are willing to sell him this window, not at all in the summer, either way it looks very much he will be gone sooner rather than later.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guys,
Amen!  They should have never messed with him at age 20 moving him to forward. He does not have the skills for a consistent world class striker and time is gone for that!

COSIGN WELL SAIDDDDDDD
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guys,

Ahem ..why dont you tell that to the managers willing to fork out millions for his signature ? You can save them a lot of money with your insight. You must of course have had the same exposure to Jones ..seeing him training everyday etc. right ?
...hold on to that day job !

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guys,

Ahem ..why dont you tell that to the managers willing to fork out millions for his signature ? You can save them a lot of money with your insight. You must of course have had the same exposure to Jones ..seeing him training everyday etc. right ?
...hold on to that day job !

Well said

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bruce - No offers for Jones
By: Lizzie Rose (Sky Sports).

Black Cats boss insists no offers have been made for striker

What would be the point of letting Kenwyne go out on loan somewhere? No chance. Do they not feel silly running that story?Steve Bruce

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce insists he would not entertain loan offers for Kenwyne Jones but admits every player has his price.

The striker has been in the spotlight during the January transfer window, with speculation mounting that he is set for a move away from the Stadium of Light.

Liverpool reportedly enquired about a loan move for the Trinidad and Tobago international earlier this month, and recent rumours suggest they will return with a £12million offer.

Stoke and Birmingham are also said to be interested in the former Southampton forward, while Kieran Richardson is another big-name player who has been linked with an exit from the Black Cats.

Bruce is becoming increasingly frustrated with stories linking Jones with a loan switch to Anfield and insists he has not received any enquiries so far.

Ridiculous

"I've not had any manager enquire about any of my players," he told the Sunderland Echo

"No manager - and that's usually the first port of call - has been in touch I'm pleased to say. And as for this story about Kenwyne leaving on loan - come on!

"What would be the point of letting Kenwyne go out on loan somewhere? No chance. Do they not feel silly running that story?

"People must question my sanity and judgement if they think I would allow that, and it's not happening. It's ridiculous.

"Something - a bid - that is going to blow us away, that is different. We all know that every player has his price.

New faces

"I've had experience of it - when I was at Wigan and Spurs were interested in Wilson Palacios. Once they start talking £12-14m, it makes sense to do it."

While Bruce has ruled out any imminent departures, he does admit there could be some new faces in the camp by the end of the month.

"We're looking and we've got a couple of bids in for one or two players, so we'll see what response we get from the clubs," said Bruce.

"But there's nothing likely to happen in the next 24-48 hours.

"I said at the start of the month that I didn't think we'd be ultra-busy in the transfer market in January, and nothing has changed."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile

What would be the point of letting Kenwyne go out on loan somewhere? No chance. Do they not feel silly running that story?Steve Bruce

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce insists he would not entertain loan offers for Kenwyne Jones but admits every player has his price.

The striker has been in the spotlight during the January transfer window, with speculation mounting that he is set for a move away from the Stadium of Light.

Liverpool reportedly enquired about a loan move for the Trinidad and Tobago international earlier this month, and recent rumours suggest they will return with a £12million offer.

Stoke and Birmingham are also said to be interested in the former Southampton forward, while Kieran Richardson is another big-name player who has been linked with an exit from the Black Cats.

Bruce is becoming increasingly frustrated with stories linking Jones with a loan switch to Anfield and insists he has not received any enquiries so far.

Ridiculous

"I've not had any manager enquire about any of my players," he told the Sunderland Echo

"No manager - and that's usually the first port of call - has been in touch I'm pleased to say. And as for this story about Kenwyne leaving on loan - come on!

"What would be the point of letting Kenwyne go out on loan somewhere? No chance. Do they not feel silly running that story?

"People must question my sanity and judgement if they think I would allow that, and it's not happening. It's ridiculous.

"Something - a bid - that is going to blow us away, that is different. We all know that every player has his price.

New faces

"I've had experience of it - when I was at Wigan and Spurs were interested in Wilson Palacios. Once they start talking £12-14m, it makes sense to do it."

While Bruce has ruled out any imminent departures, he does admit there could be some new faces in the camp by the end of the month.

"We're looking and we've got a couple of bids in for one or two players, so we'll see what response we get from the clubs," said Bruce.

"I said at the start of the month that I didn't think we'd be ultra-busy in the transfer market in January, and nothing has changed."

short version

pay the money he's yours.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile

Ridiculous

New faces

short version

pay the money he's yours.

SB treating him like he red head son yes.....Yeah he's mine but pay me some coin and he could be yours LOL
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bruce fumes at Liverpool
By: Graeme Bailey  (Sky Sports)

Sunderland chief angry at Jones approach

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has launched a scathing attack on Liverpool following their pursuit of Kenwyne Jones.

The Merseyside club are known to have been keen to lure Jones to Anfield, and had been looking to take him on loan for the rest of the season.

Bruce has now reacted with fury and claims they have 'unsettled' Jones with an attempt to land him on loan, which he labelled as 'outrageous'.

"I know my chairman feels the same, it is quite disrespectful what is happening, not only unsettling the player publicly, but they are probably doing it privately," Bruce told Sky Sports News.

"Certainly Rafa Benitez hasn't spoken to me, as far as I am aware nobody has talked to my chief executive, or the chairman - nobody from Liverpool, and to try and say we are going to let our centre-forward go to Liverpool on loan, is just embarrassing really.

"To unsettle him like they are is totally outrageous, it is like us trying to get Steven Gerrard on loan.

"What the hell are they thinking of that they can do a loan? All it does is that it upsets Kenwyne, and we might very well have a disillusioned player on our hands, that is for sure - that is the way we are.

"I have said openly no matter who you are, there is always a price, however to try and get Kenwyne Jones on loan - and this all through agents, words baffle me to be honest."

Future

Bruce admits that he will be talking with Jones in order to try and assure him of his future with Sunderland.

"It could unsettle him and I will have to have a conversation with him and put him in the picture," he said.

"His head might be turned privately for all I know - and I did have a conversation with him last week over a couple of other clubs, but this notion, for us to let him go to Liverpool on loan...do us a favour.

"I am very confident, that certainly on a loan, it is not even an issue - I have always said no matter what club your at every player, even the best player in the world Ronaldo, had his price."

Despite his annoyance, Bruce continues to admit that they would be willing to listen to offers if a 'substantial' bid was made.

"If Liverpool come in and are sensible, we will think about it and have a discussion about it, but with a week of the transfer window left it would have to be a substantial amount of money for us to even contemplate letting our centre-forward go," he continued.

"But as I said everyone has his price, that is not to say he is for sale - that is the reality, if Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea knock on the door - I have had it before, with Palaciois [at Wigan] last year, the offer was that good we had to let him go."

Video of interview

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal would be a much better move.

Forwards score goals for clubs that create chances.
Arsenal create a lot of chances, jones could easily finish 20 goals a season for them.

he gives them 2 things they dont have.

A physical presence upfront.

A physical presence to defend against corners.

yes he does not have the touches of eduardo but sometimes you need to sacrifice.

Imagine how much goals you could score if you on the end of the Fabregas passes.

The only diffence between Yorke Aston Villa and Yorke Man U is chances to finish.

KJ sunderland and KJ arsenal wil be like night and day.

Come on Wenger pull the strings.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal would be a much better move.

Forwards score goals for clubs that create chances.
Arsenal create a lot of chances, jones could easily finish 20 goals a season for them.

he gives them 2 things they dont have.

A physical presence upfront.

A physical presence to defend against corners.

yes he does not have the touches of eduardo but sometimes you need to sacrifice.

Imagine how much goals you could score if you on the end of the Fabregas passes.

The only diffence between Yorke Aston Villa and Yorke Man U is chances to finish.

Come on Wenger pull the strings.

steups arsenal ent need he...bendtner coming back just now...even if wenger buy an EPL player, the smart money would be carlton cole...size, strength just like KJ but with a lil more skill

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The difference between Yorke at Aston Villa and KJ at Sunderland is like night and day too.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The difference between Yorke at Aston Villa and KJ at Sunderland is like night and day too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IlHq3n3hy0
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rafa restrained in Jones row
Skysports.com

Rafa Benitez has refused to enter a war of words with Sunderland boss Steve Bruce regarding Liverpool's pursuit of Kenwyne Jones.

The cash-strapped Reds are understood to want to sign the powerful striker on loan in the January transfer window with star man Fernando Torres recovering from knee surgery.

Bruce hit back at suggestions that he would allow a highly-valued player to leave and branded Liverpool's interest as 'embarrassing', labelling the Merseysider's public interest as an attempt to unsettle Jones.

Benitez, though, has resisted the opportunity to respond and claims Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow and Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn have been in talks.

The Liverpool manager told Sky Sports News when asked for his reaction to Bruce's comments: "I was not involved in this. Christian Purslow was talking with Niall Quinn, so they are managing the situation
."

When quizzed as to whether a deal could yet materialise, he added: "They are talking about this."

Fury
Meanwhile, Benitez insists there have been no developments with regards to the future of Ryan Babel but has hinted the winger could still leave in January.

The Dutchman has been the subject of a £9million bid from Birmingham, which was rejected by the Reds, while he also risked the fury of his boss with a Twitter outburst.

Babel's agent, Winnie Haatrecht, claimed last week that a move to St Andrews remains a possibility and that an offer was being studied.

Benitez has not divulged any such details, but has implied that he would be willing to listen to offers.

The Spaniard told Liverpool's official website: "We are working with him, he is training with the team normally and we don't have any news.

"Maybe we'll have more news before the end of the transfer window."

Offline GODFATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
LIVERPOOL SHOULD FIRE BENITAZ IMMEDIATELY IF HE TRIES TO CONVINCE THEM TO BUY JONES.

I would call a loan deal for the rest of the season a big gamble for them but a big OPPORTUNITY for Kenwyne.

If you are a Liverpool fan you should be worried about the direction your manager is going. The man is not a motivator and Kenwyne need a coach who can really get him to step up and show this POTENTIAL that they say he has.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
see: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=731172&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Benitez confirms Liverpool talks over Kenwyne Jones

Rafael Benitez has confirmed Liverpool have held talks with Sunderland over a deal to sign striker Kenwyne Jones although he is unsure about the current position of the deal.
Kenwyne Jones

Benitez has confirmed Liverpool's interest in Jones

Liverpool have been linked with Jones for some time, and Sunderland boss Steve Bruce hit out at Benitez on Friday for unsettling the player.

And while Benitez insists he did nothing wrong in the pursuit of Jones, he has confirmed that the two clubs are currently discussing a potential deal.

"I was not dealing with this," Benitez said. "(Managing director) Christian Purslow has been talking with (Sunderland chairman) Niall Quinn so they have to manage the situation because I was not doing anything.

"I prefer not to talk too much because we will create a debate so Christian and Niall will continue to talk if they need to talk. They were in contact but I don't know what the situation is now."

It is understood that Liverpool are privately angry at Bruce's comments, particularly as preliminary talks have been taking place between the clubs since last month.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

1]; } ?>