April 19, 2024, 02:49:11 AM

Author Topic: Cops hold soca star in failed Central robbery  (Read 3870 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Cops hold soca star in failed Central robbery
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »
Cops hold soca star in failed Central robbery
Carolyn Kissoon South Bureau

Thursday, January 21st 2010

A popular dancehall/ soca artiste was among three men arrested yesterday, following an attempted robbery in Central Trinidad.

Police said the men attempted to enter KC Confectionery’s headquarters as it was about to open for business around 8 a.m.

The candy factory is located along the Couva Main Road, near the police station.

But as the men were about to enter the compound, an employee raised an alarm and the suspects ran away.

Two were seen leaving the area in a silver Nissan Almera car. The third man got into a taxi.

A report was made at the nearby Couva Police Station, and an all-points bulletin was issued.

Investigators traced the registration number on the car and found it belonged to the entertainer, who lives at Enterprise, Chaguanas.

Acting Cpl Nelson and PC Khan, attached to the Crime Patrol Unit, spotted the car heading east along the Chaguanas Main Road. The car was intercepted at Egret Street, Lange Park, and a Montrose man was detained. The officers, acting on information, went to the Chaguanas Main Road where they arrested the 30-year-old soca artiste.

The third suspect was held in a taxi bound for Chaguanas. The three men were being questioned by police last evening.

They are expected to appear before several identification parades before charges are laid.

The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: Cops hold soca star in failed Central robbery
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:39:02 PM »
aaaps! Dey ketch Pecan...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:21:03 PM »
so who is de 'artist' in question?

If is Bunji, well ah feel he only wanted plenty dinnermints to throw into the crowd for jouvert
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »
Leh we hear who he/she is nah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:08 AM »
So one of the bandits fled in a taxi.  I wonderin if it was waitin for him or if he flag it down as he reach out on de road.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
"entertainer who lives in chaguanas"...i have a few hunches but i waiting to hear from de trinis home

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »
"entertainer who lives in chaguanas"...i have a few hunches but i waiting to hear from de trinis home
blazer?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 04:14:03 PM »

And they say Bunji and dem living Chagaunas now?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
wha machel up 2 deze days now dat he eh performin :whistling:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »
blazer?

If is he, he could palance in he jail cell
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 05:12:11 PM »
blazer?

yuh tink blazer like blaze and JW song soo much? :devil:
On a real tho wah artist lives in that area? I can't think of anyone
Back in Trini...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
blazer?

yuh tink blazer like blaze and JW song soo much? :devil:
On a real tho wah artist lives in that area? I can't think of anyone

Blazer is from Enterprise.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »
is blazer. cuz one of d reports said ' d artist was jailed for killing his brother'. and if memory serves me right blazer was in jail for killin he brother some years ago  :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 07:50:37 PM »
is blazer. cuz one of d reports said ' d artist was jailed for killing his brother'. and if memory serves me right blazer was in jail for killin he brother some years ago  :-\

LOUD STEUPS
blazer?

COSIGNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 10:13:36 PM »
well he a damn fool...i was jus refering to the palance as dat is not blazer song but blaze and JW
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »
well he a damn fool...i was jus refering to the palance as dat is not blazer song but blaze and JW

How dem fellas unoriginal so in trute?

Yuh know it have a man on de soca scene name Blazer

So you go name yuhself Blaze?

Well..I get ketch in trute.  I could jes imagine nuff peeps tellin Blazer he have big chune and why he resortin to banditry.

Well now we know.  Imagine you have virtually de same name but none a de profits.  Enough to drive a man to roughneck ting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 11:43:36 AM »

Well..I get ketch in trute.  I could jes imagine nuff peeps tellin Blazer he have big chune and why he resortin to banditry.

Well now we know.  Imagine you have virtually de same name but none a de profits.  Enough to drive a man to roughneck ting.
Actually Blaze came through a different route. he was a DJ and only turned Soca Artiste in recent years, more as a joke with his radio co-host JW (Jason Williams)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 02:55:53 PM »

Entertainer still in custody
Nikita Braxton South Bureau

Friday, January 22nd 2010

THE SOCA artiste who was allegedly involved in a robbery at a candy outlet remained in police custody yesterday.

The 30-year-old entertainer, along with two other men, allegedly were on a mission to rob the outlet in Freeport on Wednesday.

Police initially reported that the robbery attempt happened at a candy factory in Couva.

The suspects were about to enter the business when an employee raised an alarm and the suspects drove away in a silver coloured Nissan Almera.

The car was traced and the registration number was found to belong to the Enterprise, Chaguanas, singer.

The car was intercepted at Egret Street, Lange Park, and a man was detained. The 30-year-old artiste was later arrested. A third man was found in a Chaguanas-bound taxi.

Police said the men will be placed before identification parades before charges are considered.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

Blaze was a sound man back in d day. as long as i know his stage name was blaze. if is anybody unoriginal is blazer (d criminal)

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
Hopefully these two chunes not on the same album.......If so, definitely "wrong timimg"  ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rD270Z2OTuw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rD270Z2OTuw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9U4ouCeWO7Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9U4ouCeWO7Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
i bet anything is blazer. this man have been begging to guh a jail long long time. frm killing his bredda to getting hold wid marijuana he begging for jail
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »
i bet anything is blazer. this man have been begging to guh a jail long long time. frm killing his bredda to getting hold wid marijuana he begging for jail
war

Alyuh blaze up the dan name and eh come back to say is not he that do it.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 12:10:35 AM »
war

So who it was?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 04:56:09 AM »
Blazer: I was not involved in any crime
AKILE SIMON
Published: 25 Jan 2010
Trinidad Guardian

Popular soca artiste, Troydon “Blazer” Cruickshank, has publicly denied he was involved in a recent house-breaking attempt in the Freeport district, after he was arrested by police. The artiste was arrested at his Enterprise, Chaguanas, home last Wednesday by officers of the Central Division Task Force in connection with a report that his vehicle was seen being driven away from the scene of the crime. Cruickshank was released from custody on Friday, after he spent 48 hours at the Chaguanas Police Station. He was cleared by officers of any wrongdoing in relation to the crime. The 30-year-old artiste promised to take legal action in the matter.
During a telephone interview, Cruickshank described the incident as a “misunderstanding.” He said it was important that he cleared his name, since the “reports” the media could have a negative effect on his career.

“The description of the robbers did not fit the description of a man with a Rastafarian hairstyle... I have a Rastafarian hairstyle,” Cruickshank said. “At the time when the officers came to my home, I was asleep and therefore, I could not be robbing and sleeping at the same time.“This whole thing was a misunderstanding and the newspapers were misled... I have no beef with anyone and this could affect my career.”

He added he had loaned his vehicle to a fellow resident. Cruickshank admitted that in in the past, he had a “little run-in” with the law. “That has been put behind me and I was never convicted,” he said. “I am trying to live a decent life right now and I have taken things down.” To substantiate Cruickshank’s side of the story, police agreed the artiste had no involvement in the crime, even though his vehicle was identified as being involved in the incident. Two suspects, ages 28 and 26, are assisting police with their investigations. Investigations are being conducted by Cpl Edgar Ransom of the Central Division Robbery Squad. (AS)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 09:36:02 AM »
war

He Mussi Pay di police dem fi sey is not he..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »
war

So who it was?

He rented out his vehicle and the man who rent it gone and put down a wuk. The police get the plate and trace the car back to him.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:55 PM »
my bad  8)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »
my bad  8)

Now and then a duck doh quack. Doh study it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blazer Dan: I didn't rob anybody
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 05:43:04 AM »
Blazer Dan: I didn't rob anybody
By Aabida Allaham (T&T Express)

SOCA artiste Troydon ’Blazer Dan’ Cruickshank says he did not rob anybody.

’I am not a man who has never had run-ins with the law, but this time, I did not do anything wrong and I just want people to know that because this whole thing has caused me a lot of stress,’ he said in a telephone interview at on Friday.

Cruickshank, 30, was detained by police last Wednesday on suspicion on a charge of robbery but subsequently released yesterday without being charged.

’I lent my car to a partner and they were involved in something, not me,’ he said.

Cruickshank added that later that same night, police officers came to his home in Edinburgh, Chaguanas, and asked him to come down to the police station because they needed him to answer some questions relating to a robbery.

’But when I reach there, they tell me I under investigation for a robbery because my car was involved in a robbery and I am the registered owner,’ he recalled.

Confused, Cruickshank told the Express that he asked the police officers how he could have been in a robbery when he was home at that time, something his wife, Makeeda Cruickshank, vouched for.

On the other hand, the soca artiste said he just wanted his name cleared because event organisers were pulling him out of their shows.

’I hear them talking on the radio and saying how this artist is a mad man, but I just want to say that I did not do anything,’ he said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>