April 28, 2024, 04:13:18 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T U-20 WNT v Mexico U-20 WNT Game (21-Jan-10).  (Read 16292 times)

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T U-20 WNT v Mexico U-20 WNT Game (21-Jan-10).
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2010, 03:52:54 PM »
Soccer 19 thankyou I was researching King before I posted because unlike soccerlover I do research before I post. It is clear that the girls bought in where not second rate players in fact it appears just the opposite. I would only ask then are they being utilized to the best of their ability.

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »
More info for soccerlover
http://www.varsityblues.ca/index.aspx?tab=soccer2&path=wsoc

Arin King.

Soccer lover you should not be allowed back on this site until you apoligize for your lies or admit you were just misinformed and will never speak until you have knowledge of what tyou speak.

GO TT

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »
Its a blessing in disguised that Randy and Laufer are no longer connected to this team. Trust me when I tell all yuh that
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »
Soccer lover like yuh raise triplethreat jep nest and is licks for so :rotfl: I hope you learn your lesson. Doh come on here with false statements men go hit yuh for six :devil:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
Playing in college or receiving scholarship does not automatically make you a good player, careful.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2010, 05:39:28 AM »
elan let me help you because like soccerlover you are either confused or misinformed

This is soocerlover statment as follows in red

Please, don't get too frustrated with our ladies . They are doing their best and they are following Shabazz's and Marlon's game plan .It is clear that this is not a very talented group of girls based on their touches and decision making . Shabazz himself said that the team was not as talented as those in the past , didn't he .This team has 4 foreign based players in its line up; 3 of them live and go to school in the U.S , Mims , Prentice and Dennis .The other is Canadian , Arin King #19.None of these girls are on scholarships.The remaining 16 girls are all home based ( not on scholarship either ).These girls play in the SSFL and WOLF where the standard is very low .The few girls that have any experience playing in the U.S. are all absent , defenders Kelly and Cunningham due to injury and Belgrave , Olliviere , Isaacs and Warrick ( midfielders/forwards ) who all withdrew  from the team for personal reasons .These are the girls that are on scholarship

He first states that Mims, Prentice, and Dennis, and King are not on Scholarship and playing in the SSFL< and WOLF league. I  offer unrefutable prove that Mims is a four year scholarship player for the US U-17 National Coach and is one of only two freshman on that team who started all but two games and appears from the teams stats to pay a full 90 in most of these games. 

I then provide proof that Prentice is only a High School student and cannot be on scholarship, but will be attending Auburn  a Division 1 school in the SEC, I know you do not understand, but Auburn and the SEC is one of the finest sports school in one of the toughest conferences in the USA., The other player Dennis I am still looking for information on.

He then named  players who he says are scholarship players, one who is at a junior college, I am not knocking junior colleges, but if you understand USA sports, The talent at these colleges are not only not on par with four year colleges, the students cannot receive atheletic scholarships. the others he mentioned are only playing at a division 2 level. He either purposely or stupidly gave the wrong information in fact he gave it in reverse. He has also not come back on here to either argue against the proof offered, or apoligize to these young ladies on the same public forum that he stated this errorneous facts on.

Now as to your statment, That a scholarship player is not necessarily a good player. YOU ARE CORRECT SIR
but you like soccerlover liketo post without first gathering information to support your statments. King and Mims did not just get scholarships, Mims got a scholarship at a division 1 school from  the same coach who coaches CURRENTLY and last year as well, the USA national team, we would have to believe that he has seen a lot of talent and a good judge of it, next , Mims was a freshman one of only two that started and played almost every game for this team. A bad player could get a scholarship, but to suggest a bad player could get a scholarship and play almost every game at the Division 1 level in the BIG EAST suggest that you like Soccerlover do not understand USA collegian sports.
Next Prentice is going to Auburn an amazing college where their sports program plays in the SEC, This does not say she is good, but understand she is an ODP player since 2007 going to a school that worships its student atheletes. A bad player is most unlikely to achieve such an accomplisment and maintain it over three years they would be found out for what they are by now. Arin King has achieved rewards for her playing at the college level, a bad player as you said could get a scholarship, but King Like Mims earned a starting position on her team as a freshman and maintained that position and receive asccolades for it. A bad player could not achieve this, a bad player would have been exposed in a 20 game season at the division 1 level by now. These players that soocerlover disparaged  are not only scholarship players (or will be soon) they are achieving at this level. The Internet is a powerful tool it can be used to educate ones self or in the case of Soccerlover to just show how misinformed one can be even when they are standing in a library. Elan dont you be ,the same the facts are available to you as well.

Go TT Soccer

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »
You cannot give me facts, I played college, coach college and recruit college players. So slow yuh role a little.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2010, 10:07:32 AM »
Than elan I would have to now ask myself why you did not correct Soccerlover mistakes, clearly you are an intelligent and educated man. When God blesses you with those opportunities, they come with a responsibility, sometimes that responsibilty is to teach inform and educate, Soccerlover gave you an opportunity to do  all three. So rather than telling me to slow my roll not role as you said, your time would be better spent telling soccerlover not to give misinformation on a public forum about our socca princesses, these girls are sacraficing their time to represent our country on a national stage they deserve our respect.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:11 AM »
Triple threat I hate to burst your bubble but the very thing you are accusing soccerlover of doing you have actually done the same by claiming that you can't receive athletic scholarship at the junior college level and that the level of soccer is not that great. At the Junior college level you have NJCAA I, NJCAA II and NJCAA III. At the I and II level they do receive athletic scholarships. However at NJCAA III like NCAA 111 and NCCAA II they don't receive scholarships. I am not trying to defend Elan but I sometimes choose not to respond to every post. I actually was willing to let this one pass hoping that you would have realized that you made a mistake on the scholarship issue.

However, you seemed so strong in your conviction about the scholarship issue that I had to respond. I also agree with Elan concerning the following statement:Playing in college or receiving scholarship does not automatically make you a good player, However, you were correct that in this case it didn't apply to the players you spoke of. In my time as Division I head coach I made mistakes by recruiting players who didn't pan out and many of my colleagues also experienced some of the same issues. Sometimes the recruitment of players can be a hit or miss.
A few years ago I had the opportunity to watch the NJCAA I final four and I was very impressed with the level of play. There were teams there that could have beaten lower level Division I women's team. Jessica McDonald who has been a very dominant player for University of North Carolina and scored the game winner in the NCAA Division I final last fall against Stanford University came from Phoenix College (junior college). Many top players who don't have the NCAA I or II qualification generally go the junior college route first before attending Division I or II schools

You were spot on with the examples you gave. As a former Division I women's soccer coach I am quite familiar with all the conferences you speak of. So you are given much credit for your insight into these leagues and the level of their play. I also agree with your comment these girls are sacrificing their time to represent our country on a national stage they deserve our respect. As I told Elan, I can't blame the girls when i know they are not being put through the paces to be ready to deal with the Canarys in Guatemala.
You are right though The Internet is a powerful tool it can be used to educate ones self or in the case of Soccerlover to just show how misinformed one can be even when they are standing in a librar Have a good day brother

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »
Than elan I would have to now ask myself why you did not correct Soccerlover mistakes, clearly you are an intelligent and educated man. When God blesses you with those opportunities, they come with a responsibility, sometimes that responsibilty is to teach inform and educate, Soccerlover gave you an opportunity to do  all three. So rather than telling me to slow my roll not role as you said, your time would be better spent telling soccerlover not to give misinformation on a public forum about our socca princesses, these girls are sacraficing their time to represent our country on a national stage they deserve our respect.
Honestly i did not read Soccerlover comment at the time.

Like nnyman18 said, it's not about fighting the girls. I definitely am not. My beef is with the technical staff. The girls apparently are not being used to their best ability and as NNYman corrected me, no fault of their own.

Let's go out and beat the green and yellow off JA flag.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
Elan the reason the girls are not being used to their best technical abilities is that they are now playing a differnt style of play. They are playing direct football rather than possession. Mr. Pellerud is a big propenant of the "direct game" and therefore that is the teams new style of play.
At U17 under Waldrum and Lauffer the style was possesion (which is better suited to these girls abilities). It takes a long time to teach and understand the direct style of play. It will be very interesting to see how the U17's are adapting to this new style of play. Can anyone who has seen the team recently comment.
Tomorrow's game will be the battle of the Caribean and I know the Princesses will be up to the task.

Good luck Princessses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »
This was one of my concerns with Pellers taking over TnT. I have a lot of respect for the work he did with the Norwegian Women's national team in the late 90's as well as his recent work with Canada. I would even say that the U-17 team will provide a good showing under his direction. However, he is a man who is tied to having physically fit teams who are adept in the vertical/direct style of play. I have always believed that you build a system of play around the personnel you have. However, I wouldn't not solely blame this on the reasons for their perceived failures in Guatemala.At the same time I wouldn't necessarily say that it takes a long time to develop a direct style of play over an indirect style of play. Based on the flow of the game you must be equipped to play both. Trini has taken the first step by taking the women's game on a more serious note. The time has come to begin grooming and incorporating the system with different and more coaches who will be adept to move the women's program forward. We have a group of players in Guatemala who lack discipline in their individual, small group and team defending. They also don't have the temperament to maintain possession to sustain their attack. This team also lack the cohesiveness needed to excel at this level. These are just some of my observations that I have noticed. I don't want to spend too much time going into more detail. These are all things that the staff should have been able to address with them. So I can't blame the players. As I said before this team just was not prepared for this event.

When I see the work we are doing here in the US with our national team players in comparison to what is being done in Trini with Marlon and Shabazz and they have no chance. Even with this present team in Guatemala. We still have a lot of work to do with them. At least 1/4 of the present players on this roster would not be on our World Cup roster.

I expect Pellers to do a good job with the U-17's I can't wait to see them this year. However, he is not the one coaching this U20 team. I wish them all the best and it will be great to see them cut Jamaica ass tomorrow :rotfl:

Offline soccerlover

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2010, 11:52:31 PM »
  Triple Threat , Triple Threat, Triple Threat.......man...I am sorry ! Please accept my apology for any mis information that I posted related to Taylor Mims and Arin King in particular .It was never my intention to discredit these girls or any of the other girls on the team for that matter. I was simply responding to Soccer 19's comment (#70 ) which  basically said  that many of the girls on this team were on scholarship, and therefore were good. Your research has indicated that 2 or 3 of the girls are in fact on some kind of scholarship so therefore , the majority of the team is not . I never said that the foreign based girls played in the SSFL or WOLF ,that was your interpretation .I accept that I did not have all my facts straight but , I was just trying to say that too much should not be expected of the girls based on their preparations , their experience , Shabazz's comments ( the team is not as talented as those  in the past ), the team's performance against Mexico and what people like you yourself said on this forum ( post#65 ....the skill level of t@t was suspect .) My issue lies with Shabazz and Marlon who continue to lead our ladies despite continuously failing, not the ladies .
 Now I  hope that you are man enough to admit your bits of misinformation  regarding the other girls who are in fact on scholarships at Murray State, Concordia University , Georgia Court and Bryant @ Stratton College . Maybe you did not take the time to research the kinds of institutions that do give them .Many of our girls have attended junior colleges in the past....on scholarship ,so get your facts straight .
our sources are not always reliable .We learn that through experience . So whoever fed  you information on the other girls and the kinds of schools that offer scholarship is not a good source . I will comment no more on this scholarship issue but will continue to push for the removal of deadweights like Shabazz and Marlon who have made their contribution but must now move on .
GO T@T....SHOW THEM WHAT YOU'VE GOT.!!! :praying:

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »
Good morning Soccer lover. I believe we have the same goal and that is to see our country women excel on the national level. I too apologize for any confusion I may have caused, but I will ask you to go back and look at my post specifically this part.

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2010, 01:04:42 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.stateuniversity.com/universities/NY/Bryant_and_Stratton_College_Main_Syracuse.html

this is the site for the Junior college (two year school) that one of the girls you mentioned attend, verify your misinformation for yourself. Understyand what a junior college is and the level of play before posting next time I have provided the sites for you to READ

Thttp://www.ncaa.org/  This is the site for the NCAA governing scholarships read and become knowledgable knowledge is POWER. 

The others mentioned do play at a division 2 level where by NCAA rules there are some scholarship monies offered. I hope this 

As you can see I did previously state some are at the Div 2 level and eligable for scholarship.

But this is not the point now we just need to hope that the powers that be will realize that any coaching that results in NO SHOTS on goal at this age and level of competition is suspect in its effectivness and ability. The current coaches should be applauded for the willingness to sacrafice their time and endure the many barbs they have endured in the past but the bottom line is that this program has been resetting and taking a "wait until next year attitude" way too long. The USA U-20 has and will lose to countries smaller than it is and countries with less economic support than the USA.  GO TT I want them to beat Jamaica, but if a loss might effectuate REAL CHANGE then maybe that wont be a bad thing.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2010, 09:17:51 AM »
Triple I guess you owe us one too for your misinformation about not receiving scholarships at the Junior college level as well.

1]; } ?>