April 27, 2024, 06:41:42 AM

Author Topic: T&T Coast Guard new vessels  (Read 56990 times)

truetrini

Re: T&T Coast Guard new vessels
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »
Jumbie haul yuh ass.

I did not watch the vids, but I feel is Galil they usuing. (T&T CG)..good reliable weapons  Water doh affect dem too much.

Typically though, the regular arm of the T&T Coast Guard will use SLR's Galil's, 9 mm etc. The SNU (Special Naval Unit) will use M4A1 with a SOPMOD Accessory Kit as well as Galils and for a personal weapon the M11 Sig Sauer P-228

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:54:36 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2010, 09:29:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjh4wE_ZJw

TTS Port of Spain with engine problem on Feb 7th.

AirMan

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »
VIDEO Prime Minister details drug reduction efforts..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWUgAUW5Ap4&feature=player_embedded

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2010, 01:10:54 PM »
http://www.baesystems.com/AboutUs/TrinidadTobagovesseltakestotheseaforfinaltests/index.htm

;D

edit: but wait doesn't BAE build jet fighters too? i now catch meh self , dais a BIG company http://www.baesystems.com/ProductsServices/autoGen_106920103850.html they does make the typhoon ,Tornado F3 also  :o
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:19:42 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »
http://www.baesystems.com/AboutUs/TrinidadTobagovesseltakestotheseaforfinaltests/index.htm

These ships coming with the theme music too?
Also, in the video, they was sooting at a red target.. didn't seem to hit it. I guess they meant not to hit it.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »

These ships coming with the theme music too?
Also, in the video, they was sooting at a red target.. didn't seem to hit it. I guess they meant not to hit it.

I heard that the reason that it was taking longer for delivary was because there was a problem with the weapon guidance system. I guess this video proves that.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »
Actually the problem was that it could not shoot electronically from inside the ship, the fact that it shooting means it working, as for accuracy that seems good for me, weapons systems like that aren't needle pin straight. especially at a distance, plus the buoy bobbing up and down aint  helping either.
PP was making it sound like is some shit company making the ships, that cause the problems, but is BAE we talking about that aint know fly by night company, them does make submarines, jets etc.

just take a look at this
http://www.baesystems.com/Sites/Taranis/index.htm
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:23:22 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »
All yuh think is a waste of money or not?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »
good investment, seeing we what we had was basically crap/nothing.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2010, 04:28:04 PM »
as for accuracy that seems good for me, weapons systems like that aren't needle pin straight. especially at a distance, plus the buoy bobbing up and down aint  helping either.

I was kicksin eh. You ent find that shooting scene was anticlimactic? I find they coulda shoot the hell out of the buoy with a guitar solo in the background.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1UNMgENyMUo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1UNMgENyMUo</a>

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »
All yuh think is a waste of money or not?

I am not a navel expert, but Uncle(retired)  and nephew are in the coast guard. Both said these ships and the six fast boats were really needed. My nephew said that many times they tried too intercept drugs but the drug dealer boats were too fast to be caught.I have been following the investment and construction of these vessels for a while and I do not get into T&T politics but I have heard lots of false accusations and statements from Wade Marks and other PP members about these boats. When VT were taken over by BAE I was happy because BAE is a much bigger company than VT. The take over led to delays in the time line for delivery of the three OPV's but Mr. Marks made it sound like the deal had collapsed and the boats would not be completed.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »
As far back as I can remember the Coast Guard has been struggling to meet it's responsibility because it was insufficiently equipped.  T&T is a maritime nation with a large ocean territory, this investment in the Coast Guard is essential to protect our national interest especially considering the drug issue. 

There was a suggestion in the senate that the regiment should be disbanded entirely and the coast guard should be upgraded to a full navy with a force of marines to handle terrestrial security.

Naturally the Regiment wasn't too happy about that idea but I think it's worth considering.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2010, 04:18:35 PM »
As far back as I can remember the Coast Guard has been struggling to meet it's responsibility because it was insufficiently equipped.  T&T is a maritime nation with a large ocean territory, this investment in the Coast Guard is essential to protect our national interest especially considering the drug issue. 

There was a suggestion in the senate that the regiment should be disbanded entirely and the coast guard should be upgraded to a full navy with a force of marines to handle terrestrial security.

Naturally the Regiment wasn't too happy about that idea but I think it's worth considering.

Look all they need to do is transfer more soldiers over to the CG, it would make no difference. In times of emergencies(riots, rain,floods, hurricains, earthquake) they still have to be the 1st respondents. Costa Rica disbanded their army a couple decades ago, but they have a national guards. They do practically the same thing. But whether they make one bigger or smaller, both entities will have to do the same tasks.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »

Look all they need to do is transfer more soldiers over to the CG, it would make no difference. In times of emergencies(riots, rain,floods, hurricains, earthquake) they still have to be the 1st respondents. Costa Rica disbanded their army a couple decades ago, but they have a national guards. They do practically the same thing. But whether they make one bigger or smaller, both entities will have to do the same tasks.

Sense Deeks
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

truetrini

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
You cannot simply transfer soldiers and make them sailors..rubbish. Additionaly, the reason the T&T Coast Guard is in the position it is in is due to the leadership of the Coast Guard.

Our Defense Force is not different from Costa Rica...it is a Defense Force same as a National Guard, we doh have no army and no Navy to attach anyone.

The boats are needed and they will get them, do you feel that the PP dat dotish?

The T&T CG;s leadership once had an opportunity to refurbish CG5 and CG6, the Ministry was going to send those vessels to Sweden (thats where they first obtained them new0 to be refurbished and re-fitted, the T&T CG insisted they could do it themselves....result?   The boats were eventually scrapped.

Whne it comes down, Martin Joseph has to listen to advice, he is NOT a Naval expert, he sent many officers overseas to study and become experts.

Imagine the T&T CG sent boats to Grenada to buy liquor for the Christmas party without Ministerial permission...no customs nutten!!

Piss poor leadership. none ah dem suckers wnat to make command decisions as they fraid....steups.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »
You cannot simply transfer soldiers and make them sailors..rubbish. Additionaly, the reason the T&T Coast Guard is in the position it is in is due to the leadership of the Coast Guard.

Our Defense Force is not different from Costa Rica...it is a Defense Force same as a National Guard, we doh have no army and no Navy to attach anyone.

The boats are needed and they will get them, do you feel that the PP dat dotish?

The T&T CG;s leadership once had an opportunity to refurbish CG5 and CG6, the Ministry was going to send those vessels to Sweden (thats where they first obtained them new0 to be refurbished and re-fitted, the T&T CG insisted they could do it themselves....result?   The boats were eventually scrapped.

Whne it comes down, Martin Joseph has to listen to advice, he is NOT a Naval expert, he sent many officers overseas to study and become experts.

Imagine the T&T CG sent boats to Grenada to buy liquor for the Christmas party without Ministerial permission...no customs nutten!!

Piss poor leadership. none ah dem suckers wnat to make command decisions as they fraid....steups.

Cool

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »
I am kind of ambivalent here. That is unfortunate. I think we need them ships. It appears this mereger between the original company and BAE screwed up everything. That is not TT fault. I don't see why we should pay for cost over runs. Then what will happen to all the personel who was training over 2 years to run them boats????

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »
I am kind of ambivalent here. That is unfortunate. I think we need them ships. It appears this mereger between the original company and BAE screwed up everything. That is not TT fault. I don't see why we should pay for cost over runs. Then what will happen to all the personel who was training over 2 years to run them boats????

T&T Coast Guard really needed those ships.  :(

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »

:-X
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:48 PM »
http://www.janes.com/news/defence/jdw/jdw100922_1_n.shtml   >:(

This dotish-ass government go end up costing tax payers more money.  How the hell yuh go cancel a contract when performance nearly complete?  Is who really advising these people?  Courts are not going to cancel a contract just because of cost overruns, what they'll do is adjust payment depending on who is responsible for the breach of performance.  Make it worse they might end up getting sued in the UK where loser pays... meaning not only will they have to pay the full amount, they'll also have to pay penalties... PLUS the winning side's legal fees.

Madness... but we like it so.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
im shocked by that decision i really im.
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:27 PM »
Govt scraps $billion Coast Guard vessel deal
By Keino Swamber South Bureau

GOVERNMENT has taken a decision to formally terminate the £150 million contract with BAE Systems to build and commission three offshore patrol vessels (OPV) for use by the Coast Guard.

The deal entered into with VT Shipbuilding was signed by the previous People's National Movement (PNM) administration in April 2007, and was considered critical to the State's war on guns and drug running in our waters.

News that the State had pulled the plug on the purchases, however, came not from an official Government release, but through a statement BAE Systems issued to the United Kingdom stock exchange on Tuesday
Continue. ..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Govt_scraps__billion_Coast_Guard_vessel_deal-103591334.html.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2010, 11:38:03 PM »

GOVERNMENT has taken a decision to formally terminate the £150 million contract with BAE Systems to build and commission three offshore patrol vessels (OPV) for use by the Coast Guard.

The deal entered into with VT Shipbuilding was signed by the previous People's National Movement (PNM) administration in April 2007, and was considered critical to the State's war on guns and drug running in our waters.

News that the State had pulled the plug on the purchases, however, came not from an official Government release, but through a statement BAE Systems issued to the United Kingdom stock exchange on Tuesday
Continue. ..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Govt_scraps__billion_Coast_Guard_vessel_deal-103591334.html.

THis move does not make any sense to me
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2010, 07:26:45 AM »

THis move does not make any sense to me

Then dat is y they do it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »

I didn’t vote for them but like you, I expected better than this.  I thought Griffith and Sandy had more sense.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2010, 08:01:26 AM »

I didn’t vote for them but like you, I expected better than this.  I thought Griffith and Sandy had more sense.

OK all yuh did not live through d last UNC govt. D have no ideas what policy have they introduce dat makes sense. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2010, 08:32:05 AM »
I hear on de radio Subash Panday saying he doh know anything about the contract being canceled.
So i dunno.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »
I hear on de radio Subash Panday saying he doh know anything about the contract being canceled.
So i dunno.
The Wall Street Journal confirmed that BAE received notice of cancellation.
http://www.smartmoney.com/news/ON/?story=ON-20100921-000238&cid=1259

1]; } ?>